Steam Deal Thread V1 - Thread closed. See V2 thread for the deals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam deal thread V1! Read post # 2 for Steam FAQs and more.

This thread is no longer being updated. Please visit the V2 thread for Steam deal discussion. Thanks to everyone who made this thread a success.

Group Buys - Updated 05/20

Several multiplayer Steam games are available in 2-packs or 4-packs. These packs offer a discount over buying multiple copies of a game separately. We also maintain group buy trade threads for several games, so please use those threads if you're interested in setting up a group buy.

Free Stuff
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.
Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel stupid but how do I remove items from my wishlist or at least edit the priority so the newer games are in the top 10 for the giveaway?

UPDATE: Nevermind! I decided to download the Steam client on the netbook and it allows for easy drag and save editing on the wishlist. It didn't seem to work in the browser.

So, just for the record if anyone is forming groups, I'd be interested in the following groups:

Aliens vs. Predator (2010)
Left 4 Dead 2
Nyxquest
Osmos
Warhammer 40,000

Can anyone that has played Alpha Protocol weigh in on if it is worth the $7.50? On the one hand, I like the idea of what Oblivion tried to do, but on the other, I've heard that the game was pretty bad.

[quote name='timobkg']Can anyone that has played Alpha Protocol weigh in on if it is worth the $7.50? On the one hand, I like the idea of what Oblivion tried to do, but on the other, I've heard that the game was pretty bad.[/QUOTE]
I think it's worth it for $7.50. I never ran into any bugs, and you may have to get used to the combat (it's similar to Deus Ex where you get more accurate the longer your aim at an enemy, you can't play it like a run and gun shooter).

It's not the greatest game ever made, but it's a fun little RPG worth $7.50.

[quote name='timobkg']Can anyone that has played Alpha Protocol weigh in on if it is worth the $7.50? On the one hand, I like the idea of what Oblivion tried to do, but on the other, I've heard that the game was pretty bad.[/QUOTE]

I really enjoyed it and it is worth $7.50 all day long in my opinion. I suspect I may be in the minority though.

I have a general question about game packs, since I've never gotten in on one before. How do you guys go about buying them with people you don't know? Is there a way to split purchases between multiple accounts, or does one person buy the pack and then everyone pays him some other way to get their copy? Just curious.

I OPINED EARLIER TO STOP QUESTIONS LIKE THIS URRRGH.

Anyway, yes, it's worth $7.50. Surprisingly decent gameplay. Dull as hell levels. Awful plot. Acceptable choices. Averages out to be worth a play through.

Anyone keep having trouble with Steam on thier PC...this is the 3rd time Ive had to install all of my games because one day Steam forgets who I am and cannot connect, and won't let me back in because I need to be able to connect to do that, but I can't connect because the error message I get is 'no account information stored on PC'.

And it won't ever let me reinstall from the disks anymore, I have to re-download.

So frusterating.

[quote name='MetricTwo']I have a general question about game packs, since I've never gotten in on one before. How do you guys go about buying them with people you don't know? Is there a way to split purchases between multiple accounts, or does one person buy the pack and then everyone pays him some other way to get their copy? Just curious.[/QUOTE]
Yes one person buys the pack and then you paypal them. Generally it is someone here with some marketplace/trading feedback so you can check them out first.

[quote name='clockwork-zombie']I am definitely interested in the Recettear pack. Count me in for a group if it forms.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Joartrak']would love to get in on a Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II - Chaos Rising pack for sure[/QUOTE]

Is there a list of future packs somewhere?

[quote name='ryanhaggan']thanks a ton[/QUOTE]

Seconded! I can't believe I didn't buy more last year.

I am excited. :bouncy:

[quote name='clockwork-zombie']Check the first post on page 13.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

Whoa... depending on the prices I'm quite interested in a few of those.

Been waiting for a good deal on Alpha Protocol!

Oh, I'd be in for a Recettear pack as well

Didn't notice that list!

I want to get that Indie Pulse Pack, GTA:EfLA(might hold out and just wait for the holiday sale, have a felineg it might be cheaper), Empire:Total War, Osmos, Conviction, and DoW.

If I end up getting all of these for < $50 I'd be one happy camper

[quote name='jaredhenry13']Wait so is the steam Thanksgiving/Black Friday sales just bundles or are they gonna have singles too?[/QUOTE]

They're probably going to have singles too just like today.

[quote name='forbiddenx']They're probably going to have singles too just like today.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I noticed that besides Half Life 2, which was probably a Valve thing, the rest of the packs were either available as single deals or just plain discounted (like deus ex goty, believe it was $2.50). Gives me hope for the rest of these packs, because I can't join in on them :(

If/when people star putting together packs, I'd be interested in:

Recettear
Empire: Total War
Osmos
GTA: Episodes of Liberty City

I would be willing to start packs too when they show up.

[quote name='jaredhenry13']Wait so is the steam Thanksgiving/Black Friday sales just bundles or are they gonna have singles too?[/QUOTE]

Both. There will be daily Indie Packs, the large packs of multiple giftable copies of one game, and regular individual games on daily deals.

Hi All! Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

I know only a couple of hours left on this set. I wanted to ping out and see if there are any available Borderland keys left up for grabs, I'd like in. PM me if you do.

Thanks!

Still debating on picking up Shank. Part of me wants to wait and see if it gets discounted more during the Winter Sale, assuming they have one like they did last year.

I finalized the group buys I'd like to host/take part of, depending upon cost per person.
1. Osmos - $2 or less
2. Braid - $2.50 or less
3. Defense Grid - $2.50 or less
4. Puzzle Quest 2 - $3 or less
5. Aliens vs. Predator 2010 - $5 or less
6. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction - $10 or less

Some amazing deals, have most of it though from holiday sales. Picked up the Energy Indie Pack and probably going to have to pick up the other indie packs if they are priced well enough considering I own a couple games in most packs.

[quote name='JP']
I finalized the group buys I'd like to host/take part of, depending upon cost per person.

4. Puzzle Quest 2 - $3 or less

[/quote]

Come on now. Besides being an awesome game, Puzzle Quest 2 isn't going to go for less than $5 each.

So whichever one of you stupid assholes copy-pasted my post from page 13 onto the official goddamned Steam forums, cut that shit out. That was a very, very stupid mistake. This stuff (deal spoilers, and the "unannounced coming soon" stuff I post in the regular Steam thread here on CAG) needs to stay on CAG, or I'm not going to be able to do it anymore. If nothing else, at LEAST don't post it on the official goddamned Steam forums, where it will obviously attract Valve's attention, and could well lead to this info being cut off for good.

This is your notice. If someone feels the need to earn some e-cred by copy-pasting my lists, please do it ANYWHERE other than the official Steam forums, where it will obviously attract the wrong kind of attention.

[quote name='JP']Can't wait to see how many times we crash/stall the Steam web servers during this sale.[/QUOTE]

My refresh is ready :lol:

these deals for today "11-25" might be the worst games deals ive ever seen. None of it looks interesting or fun. I am disappointed today

Looks like defense grid and puzzle quest 2 packs. Didn't get prices before the web server quit loading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back