Steam Deal Thread V1 - Thread closed. See V2 thread for the deals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam deal thread V1! Read post # 2 for Steam FAQs and more.

This thread is no longer being updated. Please visit the V2 thread for Steam deal discussion. Thanks to everyone who made this thread a success.

Group Buys - Updated 05/20

Several multiplayer Steam games are available in 2-packs or 4-packs. These packs offer a discount over buying multiple copies of a game separately. We also maintain group buy trade threads for several games, so please use those threads if you're interested in setting up a group buy.

Free Stuff
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.
Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Last edited by a moderator:
So, do we think it's better to buy the Indie Story Pack today, or hope for a better deal for Recettear when it comes on the group buy deal that was leaked earlier? Since that's the only game I want from this Indie pack, I could do with spending less and getting less...

Hmm...

[quote name='ParkCarsHere']So, do we think it's better to buy the Indie Story Pack today, or hope for a better deal for Recettear when it comes on the group buy deal that was leaked earlier? Since that's the only game I want from this Indie pack, I could do with spending less and getting less...

Hmm...[/QUOTE]

if its the only thing you want Id wait. whats the point in paying a dollar or two extra (potentially) for stuff you dont want?

[quote name='Xfactor19990']is Kayne Lynch 2 good for $5?[/QUOTE]
I wouldn't play it if you gave me $10. If you want to feel nauseated, just spin around in a circle for a minute or two.

Just try the demo. I lasted 10-20 minutes before I had a headache and quit out. Whatever game may be there, it isn't worth putting up with the sickness inducing "art" style they employed.

[quote name='ParkCarsHere']So, do we think it's better to buy the Indie Story Pack today, or hope for a better deal for Recettear when it comes on the group buy deal that was leaked earlier? Since that's the only game I want from this Indie pack, I could do with spending less and getting less...

Hmm...[/QUOTE]

It's 75% off, plus you get 4 more games for free. What the hell kind of better offer are you possibly holding out for?

[quote name='Xfactor19990']is Kayne Lynch 2 good for $5?[/QUOTE]

That's an extremely polarizing game. Lots of people hate it, and the camera/video effects, but I really liked it, and never had any trouble playing it, or with motion sickness. And on the subject of the camera/video effects: a lot of people neglect to mention that (in the PC version at least), you can turn both the camera shake and video distortion effects completely off, making the visuals more or less completely "normal."

Try the demo, if you have the time, since it's a difficult game to try to recommend, just because of how unpredictable people's reactions to it seem to be.

never heard of Recettear until it went on sale today. I bought it and just sank the last 3 hours into it without even noticing. I don't want to go to sleep yet because I want to keep playing! It's a great game for fans of JRPGs. Definitely worth the $5 price.

Got a share of borderlands and deux ex yesterday for 8 bucks combined not bad at all!

Hoping that tomorrow's deals are better than todays which for me were pretty weak

[quote name='espionage']never heard of Recettear until it went on sale today. I bought it and just sank the last 3 hours into it without even noticing. I don't want to go to sleep yet because I want to keep playing! It's a great game for fans of JRPGs. Definitely worth the $5 price.[/QUOTE]

I picked up Recettear about a month ago, even at full price it is a great buy for anyone who is into JPRGs.

Swag pile thus far: Alpha Protocol, Sam & Max season 3, Jolly Rover, Puzzle Agent, Recettear, Kane & Lynch 2.

Alpha Protocol and Sam & Max were the only ones I was on the lookout for. The rest seemed worth grabbing at the price and checking out. Even if I don't get anything else from this sale I got a pretty good haul.

Still hoping Assassin's Creed 2 will go on sale. FEAR 1 would be nice, too. I hate using all those CD's (not DVD's, CD's). I'd be really happy if either of those happened.

[quote name='Monroeski']It's 75% off, plus you get 4 more games for free. What the hell kind of better offer are you possibly holding out for?[/QUOTE]

This.

[quote name='espionage']never heard of Recettear until it went on sale today. I bought it and just sank the last 3 hours into it without even noticing. I don't want to go to sleep yet because I want to keep playing! It's a great game for fans of JRPGs. Definitely worth the $5 price.[/QUOTE]

I hadn't heard of Recettear until the Indie Story bundle was announced either. When I saw screenshots, I knew I'd found a new game for me.

Thanks for the impressions! I look forward to playing it soon.

Myself, I've scored CS:S, Defense Grid, both indie packs, Audiosurf (should have held out for the music indie pack, since I'll probably be getting them all, but eh, it's only a couple bucks), Borderlands, and Kane & Lynch 2.

Still hoping for deals on L4D, Assassin's Creed (please?), The Witcher, Bioshock 2, ME1/2, TF2, and I better stop now before I end up just copy+pasting my Steam wishlist.

Not that it'll make much of a difference, since all I'm doing is doubling my Steam backlog. Seriously, all these new games and right now I'm finally getting around to the HL2 that's been sitting there for two years.

Same thing just happen to me! Merchant level 6 lol! Missed black ops deal at Target becuase of it though :(.

Grabbed the Indie Story bundle for Recettear. My friend dropped 70-80 hours in the game, and he's praised it ever since he bought it.

[quote name='BitLooter']
Still hoping for deals on L4D, Assassin's Creed (please?), The Witcher, Bioshock 2, ME1/2, TF2, and I better stop now before I end up just copy+pasting my Steam wishlist.
[/QUOTE]
Speaking of TF2, given the release of the "Mann-Conomy" store within the game where you can purchase items (cosmetic and weapons) I wouldn't be at all surprised if TF2 showed up for 99 cents or even free. This would get even more people into the game where LOTS of people are spending significantly more than that on items that have zero in-game impact.

[quote name='spuffin']Speaking of TF2, given the release of the "Mann-Conomy" store within the game where you can purchase items (cosmetic and weapons) I wouldn't be at all surprised if TF2 showed up for 99 cents or even free. This would get even more people into the game where LOTS of people are spending significantly more than that on items that have zero in-game impact.[/QUOTE]

missed the $2 deal last month, was hoping TF2 would have the same price again during the sale... though i'd take .99 cents

Picked up the Indie Story Pack, Kane & Lynch, and Puzzle Quest 2 for a combined $13.50. Less than $2 a game is good business.

I am holding out hope for popcap collection at 75% off sometime this holiday. It was 50% off last year and they have not really released any new games in the last year and many people were upset with the 50% off soooo.

[quote name='mistymayem']Come onnnn TF2![/QUOTE]

I do not know why you are hoping, TF2 has been on sale 15 million times. I guarantee it will be on sale now or in December as will every other Valve game and certain other staples such as Bioshock.

Be careful buying too much, because we all know Steams Christmas sale is always better and people get bitter when they buy a game now, don't play it before Christmas and its $5 cheaper then...

[quote name='Wanderlai']when will todays steam deals be up?[/QUOTE]
You missed the timer on the page?
Right below the wishlist cartoon

[quote name='momouchi']The Indie Story pack for $5 cheaper would be really disheartening.[/QUOTE]

For the packs they don't reduce the price they just bundle more games. Consider two of the packs for the same price... that is a typical Christmas deal.

Woo, Tropico 3 on 0% discount! Best deal of the week.

Probably just the Clever Pack for me today, if that much. Wish Burnout was less.

I thought for sure black friday would bring something, but yeah pretty much meh. Ive seen steam do waaaayyyyy better. Im quite surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back