Steam Deal Thread V1 - Thread closed. See V2 thread for the deals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam deal thread V1! Read post # 2 for Steam FAQs and more.

This thread is no longer being updated. Please visit the V2 thread for Steam deal discussion. Thanks to everyone who made this thread a success.

Group Buys - Updated 05/20

Several multiplayer Steam games are available in 2-packs or 4-packs. These packs offer a discount over buying multiple copies of a game separately. We also maintain group buy trade threads for several games, so please use those threads if you're interested in setting up a group buy.

Free Stuff
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.
Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Last edited by a moderator:
For the future (predicted) Splinter Cell Conviction 6 Pack and the Just Cause 2 8 Pack, what do you guys think will be the price of those packs?
Will anyone be interested in doing one or both of above packs with me

Everything went well for the Freedom Works pack, except one user hasn't claimed his gift yet. Hopefully it went through.
I'll post feedback for the pool members.
Edit: There we go. Claimed.

The Indie pack is worth it just for World of Goo, which is one of my favorite all time games. I already have it on Wii, and I'm really tempted to get it on Steam as well. The other games seem pretty interesting too.

Damn these Indie Packs.... I'm gonna have to buy this one today. Its just too great a value as was the one from yesterday.

[quote name='volt1up']Make your group buy threads here:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=76

I think if I can keep from updating this thread, I can avoid spending money on steam today.[/QUOTE]You can't directly add threads to that forum. You need to add them to main Trading Forum and then a mod can move the thread(s) to the Master Trade Lists forum.

This thread is much too cluttered with group buy requests, BTW. People should make some group buy threads and take them to those threads, please.

You actually can't make a group buy thread directly in the Master Trading Lists. You have to make it int he regular trade forum and ask a mod to move it to the master trading lists section. Also, I added Portal and Freedom Force group buy links to the OP.

Edit: Beaten by Shrike!

[quote name='akmgmer']Damn these Indie Packs.... I'm gonna have to buy this one today. Its just too great a value as was the one from yesterday.[/QUOTE]

I purchased yesterday's pack and loved it, but I already have World of Good so I'm probably not getting this one.

Picked up today's indie pack. Too bad you don't get a gift copy of games you already own, I already have World of Goo and would have liked to give it to a friend.

[quote name='youngavatar']I don't know if i should get burnout or blur game which one will i enjoy more?[/QUOTE]

I enjoy the Burnout games much more- plus the Ultimate Box is a TON of content.

Anyone have any impressions on today's indie pack outside of World of Goo?

[quote name='reininop']Well, now I see why they moved the group buys to a different page. this is ridiculous. I had to go through three pages of nothing but updates on group availability to find out that there wasn't much else being said about what's available today.

Please, if you creating groups could, keep the public chatter to a minimum. Arrange it over PM's and just update your original post when you are full so no one contacts you anymore. This thread is almost unreadable the way it is.[/QUOTE]

Amen to that - this is fucking ridiculous. I don't see ANY discussion of the actual deals - just group buy shit. :wall:

Hey Shrike - how about one general group buy thread, instead of game-specific ones? It'd help remove the pages of clutter here...

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']Anyone have any impressions on today's indie pack outside of World of Goo?

Amen to that - this is fucking ridiculous. I don't see ANY discussion of the actual deals - just group buy shit. :wall:

Hey Shrike - how about one general group buy thread, instead of game-specific ones? It'd help remove the pages of clutter here...[/QUOTE]
Well, the Master Trade lists forum is getting a master threads for each of the group buys and those work very well. Now that I know how to get a thread up in that section, happy days :p
The gist of the discussion regarding the actual deals was along the lines of, "I AM DISAPPOINT"

[quote name='youngavatar']I don't know if i should get burnout or blur game which one will i enjoy more?[/QUOTE]

I've played both and vanilla Burnout Paradise kept my interest far longer then Blur.

^It'd still be nice to get actual discussion of how the games on sale are and if they're actually worth the price.

Still thinking of whether or not to get DoW and Total Empire, looking into getting Machinarium though.

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']Amen to that - this is fucking ridiculous. I don't see ANY discussion of the actual deals - just group buy shit. :wall:

Hey Shrike - how about one general group buy thread, instead of game-specific ones? It'd help remove the pages of clutter here...[/QUOTE]One master group buy thread would be a huge clutter on its own. The game-specific ones in the Master Trading Lists thread keep the threads streamlined to the game in question and they won't be cluttering up in here.

In my opinion Burnout is better in single player, but Blur is better in multiplayer (which hopefully will see an influx of players thanks to this sale).

I really wish people would read. I'd much rather discuss the games than to see "LFG!" 30 times per page.

Just throw in some Chuck Norris jokes and we got WoW chat up in here.

Hmm, I'm taking a second glance at Blur. Anyone played the PC version, any major glitches? I plan on looking at the Steam forums but I tend to trust CAGs more.

[quote name='shrike4242']One master group buy thread would be a huge clutter on its own. The game-specific ones in the Master Trading Lists thread keep the threads streamlined to the game in question and they won't be cluttering up in here.[/QUOTE]

We could just have a temporary Group buy thread for the holiday deals, since there's 4 group buys that change daily.

Was checking to see if there was a Total War group. Since there isn't, went ahead and got it for my husband. Only a $5 difference than in a group.

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']Anyone have any impressions on today's indie pack outside of World of Goo?[/QUOTE]

Iron Grip: Warlord is a tower defense game crossed with an FPS. It has lots of room for improvement, but it's interesting and multiplayer, so I think it'll be fun for people who pick up the Indie pack.

VVVVVVV is just a great platformer with retro graphics and awesome music. Check out the review and trailer in the OP.

[quote name='eastx']We could just have a temporary Group buy thread for the holiday deals, since there's 4 group buys that change daily.[/QUOTE]Feel free to make one and I'll toss it into the MTL forum.

[quote name='forbiddenx']
Still thinking of whether or not to get DoW and Total Empire, looking into getting Machinarium though.[/QUOTE]

For Total Empire, personally I just waited for gogamer to have the periodic sale of the "Empire & Napoleon Total War Collection (I) for PC" - $28 shipped, and you get Total War Empire, Total War Napoleon + all expansions for both.

Plus both are Steamworks games, so it's just a matter of entering the codes into Steam.

[quote name='shrike4242']Feel free to make one and I'll toss it into the MTL forum.[/QUOTE]

Swish!

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=279563

Thanks Shrike.

Also someone leaked the remaining Indie packs:

Indie Air Pack:
Altitude, DogFighter, Flotilla, Gratuitous Space Battles, Plain Sight
Indie Clever Pack:
Doc Clock: The Toasted Sandwich of Time, Eufloria, Iron Grip: Warlord, VVVVVV, World of Goo
Indie Pulse Pack:
Audiosurf, Beat Hazard, Bit.Trip Beat, The Polynomial, Rhythm Zone
Indie Puzzle Pack:
Cogs, Droplitz, Puzzle Dimension, Shatter, Tidalis
Indie Story Pack:
And Yet It Moves, Gish, Puzzle Agent, Recettear: An Item Shop’s Tale, Jolly Rover

The Air and Pulse packs look like must-buys when they come around.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='eastx']Swish!

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=279563

Thanks Shrike.

Also someone leaked the remaining Indie packs:

Indie Air Pack:
Altitude, DogFighter, Flotilla, Gratuitous Space Battles, Plain Sight
Indie Clever Pack:
Doc Clock: The Toasted Sandwich of Time, Eufloria, Iron Grip: Warlord, VVVVVV, World of Goo
Indie Pulse Pack:
Audiosurf, Beat Hazard, Bit.Trip Beat, The Polynomial, Rhythm Zone
Indie Puzzle Pack:
Cogs, Droplitz, Puzzle Dimension, Shatter, Tidalis
Indie Story Pack:
And Yet It Moves, Gish, Puzzle Agent, Recettear: An Item Shop’s Tale, Jolly Rover

The Air and Pulse packs look like must-buys when they come around.[/QUOTE]

Air pack would be good if I did not already own Dogfight and Altitude, but Pulse pack looks godly! Only own Audiosurf, and the rest of the pack are a bunch of amazing looking games.

I think I'll be all over that Air pack for sure. I've heard good things about those games, and I enjoy the genre of air battles :)

Also, since I'm already posting here I may as well mention that I decided in another thread that I think I'll be in for a Chaos Rising, too. FYI I am about to leave the house and may not be able to respond for a few hours, though. Depends on if I can get to computer or not.

1bdf919ce314b5d7a8b39b2283f944b51fe529b3_full.jpg

We now have an Iron Grip: Warlord Steam group. Please join if you bought today's Indie Clever Pack!

I'm almost positive that Burnout Paradise Ultimate Box was 7.50 during the Summer sale, or some random weekend deal earlier in the year. Or was it EA that did that price? Someone had it cheaper. Everyone should buy Machinarium for $5, it's worth much more and is a great game.

I haven't heard a ton about the Indie games today. I really wanted some personal perceptions of them, since I don't trust most professional reviews of indie games since they tend to mimic indie movie reviews - all praise just for being different and independent whether the content is enjoyable or not. I don't think I can turn down 5 games for 5 dollars (or 4 games in my case).

VVVVVV looks interesting, as does Doc Clock, I already own World of Goo, but I'm curious specifically about the other two for those that have played them. Two games are more than worthwhile for 5 bucks, but I can't shake my poor college student habits despite having a real job now.

[quote name='Horsewarrior of Janjaweed']I'd be down for GSB for $5 on it's own. Toss in a bunch of games I'll probably not even install? Sold![/QUOTE]

what is GSB?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back