Steam Deal Thread V1 - Thread closed. See V2 thread for the deals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam deal thread V1! Read post # 2 for Steam FAQs and more.

This thread is no longer being updated. Please visit the V2 thread for Steam deal discussion. Thanks to everyone who made this thread a success.

Group Buys - Updated 05/20

Several multiplayer Steam games are available in 2-packs or 4-packs. These packs offer a discount over buying multiple copies of a game separately. We also maintain group buy trade threads for several games, so please use those threads if you're interested in setting up a group buy.

Free Stuff
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.
Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jaredhenry13']Why the hell don't they have a banner ad with all the sales listed on that page? It's so hard to navigate the sales by just looking at the specials page.[/QUOTE]

I can't even get the specials page to load. This blows!

I like how they have Age Of Conan(without any discount) increasing the price of that square/enix pack 30 bucks. Game should be free2play by now.

[quote name='jaredhenry13']Why the hell don't they have a banner ad with all the sales listed on that page? It's so hard to navigate the sales by just looking at the specials page.[/QUOTE]

There probably will be... Sometimes it takes awhile to get everything updated

Some random sightings:

Great prices on lots of the older 2K games.
Eidos is 50% off.
Caster, Blueberry Garden $1
Star Trek DAC $2.50
POP: Forgotten Sands Dlx (with Sands of Time) $7.50
Playfirst 75% off

I think I am not even going to fuck with it right now. I am just going to go take care of some stuff I need to do and then make lunch and hopefully by the time I have cleaned up and have a sandwich in my hand the sale will be both live and functioning! Hopefully some decent prices too and hopefully on some stuff I do not know of. My fav part of last years steam sale was not big mark downs on mainstream games, but finding out about games like Kings Bounty and Nation Red which I did not even know I wanted!

Bethesda pack is $70

Comes with Rogue Warrior, The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind® Game of the Year Edition, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion® Game of the Year Edition, Call of Cthulhu®: Dark Corners of the Earth, Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition, Fallout: New Vegas

[quote name='dabamus']So far here's what I see that I want:
ArmA II Combined Ops - $30.14
Dead Rising 2 - $26.79
F1 2010 - $19.99
Sid Meier's Railroads - $2.49
K&L2: 9.99[/QUOTE]

Dude, I'm gonna tell you something I wish someone had told me before I bought K&L2. DON'T BUY IT!

I've done my part. :p

By the way, since the search function isn't currently working, just use the "Specials" tab on the main page to see at least 100 of the deals.

[quote name='Fearbeard']Bethesda pack is $70

Comes with Rogue Warrior, The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind® Game of the Year Edition, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion® Game of the Year Edition, Call of Cthulhu®: Dark Corners of the Earth, Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition, Fallout: New Vegas

[/QUOTE]

May have to jump on that one.

Steam has the hiccups, I was looking at the Specials, I refresh and then boom, they're gone. I'm going to wait a little while so I can browse the deals :p

CAG, I need recommendations! I'm new to PC gaming and don't own most of this stuff. I have a laptop with a 460m i5, ati radeon 5650, and 4GB ram.

[quote name='avwjase']Dude, I'm gonna tell you something I wish someone had told me before I bought K&L2. DON'T BUY IT!

I've done my part. :p[/QUOTE]

Different strokes...

I thought the single player part of Kane and Lynch 2 was awesome. Too short, but it has a completely unique style. Though it was a better deal Thanksgiving when it was $5.

[quote name='Hiei69']CAG, I need recommendations! I'm new to PC gaming and don't own most of this stuff. I have a laptop with a 460m i5, ati radeon 5650, and 4GB ram.[/QUOTE]

I would strongly recommend the valve pack, basically all the valve games for... 25 bucks!

[quote name='frpilot']i can't possibly afford all these games[/QUOTE]

Ho-lee shit, I know! I'm going to have to be selective about those 99 centers. They add up fast.

[quote name='Ribkage']Civ 4 complete 6 bucks and change!
2k games pack is crazy![/QUOTE]
i like civ revolution but have never played another civ game, i want to get into the series, should i get civ 4?

I was hoping The Last Remnant would be dirt cheap during this sale. $19.99 is still too much. Surely it's only a matter of time, since I can't imagine anybody actually buys the PC version of that game.

[quote name='bvharris']May have to jump on that one.[/QUOTE]

was thinking about it too, but i think i will wait until they include fallout new vegas goty.. could take another 2 yrs. haha

[quote name='jab1235']i like civ revolution but have never played another civ game, i want to get into the series, should i get civ 4?[/QUOTE]

You can't go wrong with any Civ game. Civ IV is probably the best of the bunch though, plus it's complete at this point.

[quote name='Hiei69']CAG, I need recommendations! I'm new to PC gaming and don't own most of this stuff. I have a laptop with a 460m i5, ati radeon 5650, and 4GB ram.[/QUOTE]

Better question is how much can you afford? :D Trying to get your feet wet during a Steam sale has got to be like a kid living in a bubble going to a Toys R Us for the first time in his life.

I'm waiting for the daily deals to show up so I know which of these prices will not be around for 2 weeks - I imagine Winterbottom and SMB must be on that list.

[quote name='jab1235']i like civ revolution but have never played another civ game, i want to get into the series, should i get civ 4?[/QUOTE]

Civ V is better for new users but IV is no slouch...IV Complete pack would be my recommendation unless you don't mind the ~$30 for V.

OMG 1034 Specials, Can't see them all though, steam is still updating the page. Anyone else getting BFBC2 for that insanely low price?

[quote name='agentofdoom']I would strongly recommend the valve pack, basically all the valve games for... 25 bucks![/QUOTE]

I strongly agree with this recommendation. The Half Life series is excellent, not to mention Portal, Left 4 Dead 1 and 2, and Team Fortress 2. As a bonus, none of these games have nutty system requirements.

I went ahead and picked up Super Meat Boy. At $3.75 that has to be a daily deal price. I could be wrong but wont be too mad if it drops lower.

are they fucking kidding me? meat boy for $3.75? Way to rip your customers by saying it wont be cheaper for a long time, thats the last thing I buy from that dev.

Definitely gonna pop on PB Winterbottom and BFBC2. I just wish I could use my xbox 360 controller with BFBC2 (Don't flame, I have a laptop and until I get a good desk and gaming mouse I will suck at FPS games, my trackpad is useless for gaming.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back