Steam Deal Thread V1 - Thread closed. See V2 thread for the deals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam deal thread V1! Read post # 2 for Steam FAQs and more.

This thread is no longer being updated. Please visit the V2 thread for Steam deal discussion. Thanks to everyone who made this thread a success.

Group Buys - Updated 05/20

Several multiplayer Steam games are available in 2-packs or 4-packs. These packs offer a discount over buying multiple copies of a game separately. We also maintain group buy trade threads for several games, so please use those threads if you're interested in setting up a group buy.

Free Stuff
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.
Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Last edited by a moderator:
ive had avp since the thanksgiving sale and beat the single player. id b down to start up a small group to play the mp, if only just for the steam achievements.

Just throwing this in, Amnesia is $8 at Amazon. Just in case there is someone out there like me that prefers Amazon's digital service, wants to save $2, and has Amazon credit.

Was thinking about AvP but noticed it's a Sega game and decided against buying Sega PC games now. Bought Sonic and Sega All Star Racing last week from D2D and couldn't get the damn game to start at all. It just keep giving Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing.exe stopped working error in Win7 64bit. Tried everything I can find online, even Steam forums and none of the suggestions work. I have zero problems with about 20 PC games I have from other companies. Sega should either get its act together on PC or just stick with consoles.

[quote name='MPoWeRM3']Was thinking about AvP but noticed it's a Sega game and decided against buying Sega PC games now. Bought Sonic and Sega All Star Racing last week from D2D and couldn't get the damn game to start at all. It just keep giving Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing.exe stopped working error in Win7 64bit. Tried everything I can find online, even Steam forums and none of the suggestions work. I have zero problems with about 20 PC games I have from other companies. Sega should either get its act together on PC or just stick with consoles.[/QUOTE]

im running win7 64-bit and AvP worked flawlessly

[quote name='JakeNome']im running win7 64-bit and AvP worked flawlessly[/QUOTE]

havent played much but i havent had any problems either

[quote name='MPoWeRM3']Was thinking about AvP but noticed it's a Sega game and decided against buying Sega PC games now. Bought Sonic and Sega All Star Racing last week from D2D and couldn't get the damn game to start at all. It just keep giving Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing.exe stopped working error in Win7 64bit. Tried everything I can find online, even Steam forums and none of the suggestions work. I have zero problems with about 20 PC games I have from other companies. Sega should either get its act together on PC or just stick with consoles.[/QUOTE]

Do you have your sound quality set too high? I had to move mine back to 24 Bits 48000Hz (Studio Quality) for it to start on W7 64 Bit.

[quote name='drbutchevil']Do you have your sound quality set too high? I had to move mine back to 24 Bits 48000Hz (Studio Quality) for it to start on W7 64 Bit.[/QUOTE]

I saw that thread in the Steam forum and have tried but no luck. In fact, mine is on 16 bit 48000Hz (DVD Quality).

Grabbed Super Meat Boy since I had many of the games in the Potato Sack and wasn't interested in the others. Hopefully it is fun. Last time I remember beating a hard game was when I played through Mega Man 1 when the Mega Man compilation sets came out.

Ugh. I couldn't even finish more than a level or two of Super Meat Boy. Mega Man 1 is way too hard, and the series just flat out got way better, but still it wasn't 1/4 that hard :whistle2:/

Does anyone own Blood Bowl Dark Elves Edition??? The price of Blood Bowl then drops to $6.66 --- I'd buy it for that price if someone who owns Blood Bowl Dark Elves Edition could gift it to me at that price point... Anyone?

Blood Bowl is quite a bit of fun, if you like turn base strat games. The presentation and everything else is very good too, I picked the game up during the holiday sale for double this price and was very happy with it still.

I bought a 4-pack of HOARD on Steam and I have 2 remaining copies at the sale price of US$6.75 if anyone is interested. Paypal only. PM me if interested; I'll check PMs on Friday morning before I go to work, otherwise we can work it out over the weekend.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Terlan']KaOTiK any comments on the securom Blood Bowl comes with? Really thats the only thing that has me on the fence.[/QUOTE]

I haven't had a single issue with it. No clue if it gives any type of hassle if you are installing the game again or not since I'm still running it on my first install.

I may be wrong but I think you can download a deactivtion tool for the current install to get that activation back as well. But I can't say for sure.

Oh hell, I bought blood bowl. I played the board game a long time ago and it looks like Silly fun. I will probably have to play it on easy though, lol.

Word of advice. Do NOT play it on easy. The computer will take tons of risks, that somehow always pay off for it. Medium is the way to go. It'll be more conservative and easier.

Anyone own the dark elves edition that is willing to buy it and gift it? With me of course sending you the money to do so.

I have the first edition of the game which I purchased off the official website but it will not connect to steam and it is not the legendary edition. Would love to get the Legendary Edition and have it connected to Steam.

For anyone who is dumb like me and couldn't figure out how to activate Blood Bowl.

To get the SecuROM activation code (serial number) and the Blood Bowl multiplayer key for the Steam version of Blood Bowl Dark Elves Edition and Legendary Edition:

1. Run Steam.
2. Click My games tab and right mouse click Blood Bowl: Dark Elves Edition or Blood Bowl: Legendary Edition.
3. Click View game CD key.

If you dont own amnesia then 10 bucks is a steal, especially if you like atmopsheric games and love cthulhu'ish type mythos. It has its flaws but I liked it quite a bit.

I ended up snagging Blood Bowl and its awesome so far. A tip for any new players, do not bother with the tutorial. Instead read the rules for the table top game. Its way more helpful and explanatory.

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m780049a_Blood_Bowl_Competition_Rules.pdf

Messed around a little getting a feel for the game after reading the rules and ended up winning my first game :D . Oh and another tip if waiting on computer to take its turns you can use the + to accelerate things and then - to get them back to normal for your turn.

The Dungeon Siege 3 pre-order bonus is up.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/39160/

Purchase Dungeon Siege III before release and receive single player versions of Dungeon Siege and Dungeon Siege II to play now!

Neither game seems to be available separately at the moment. It also doesn't mention if the expansions are included. Still, those games seem to be pretty rare now a days, so it seems like a decent deal.

[quote name='hyukevain']The Dungeon Siege 3 pre-order bonus is up.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/39160/

Purchase Dungeon Siege III before release and receive single player versions of Dungeon Siege and Dungeon Siege II to play now!

Neither game seems to be available separately at the moment. It also doesn't mention if the expansions are included. Still, those games seem to be pretty rare now a days, so it seems like a decent deal.[/QUOTE]

According to the steam forums, it doesn't include expansions and people can't seem to get DS 1 to work in Win 7 64 bit. :(

Mafia 1 was available as a preorder bonus with Mafia 2 and only after Mafia 2 release did it show up by itself for $10. Don't fall for that trick.

Anyone interested in going in on a 4 pack for Dino D-Day?

The 4 pack is $59.99, so it comes out to $14.99 per person, a $5 savings

Once we have 4 people and everyone has gotten me their paypal $, I'll go ahead and buy the 4 pack.

1. Etcrane

[quote name='houdinilogic']any predictions on the rest of the sale? i'm guessing borderlands day, bioshock day, civ day.[/QUOTE]

That sounds about right.

[quote name='Xealot42']Nice. Too bad I already have all of the Mafia games and DLC. I wouldn't mind winning the 2K Pack though for Civ V. :)[/QUOTE]

have the base game for mafia 2. is the dlc work the asking price atm?

[quote name='Muitabui']have the base game for mafia 2. is the dlc work the asking price atm?[/QUOTE]

I'm afraid I can't say. I bought the DLC from the Steam Christmas Sale to use when I play through Mafia II again on Hard but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

And I believe I read something about a Mafia II director's cut that will feature all the extra content (even the former PS3 exclusive Jimmy's Betrayal) but I'm not sure when that is supposed to come out.

[quote name='Muitabui']have the base game for mafia 2. is the dlc work the asking price atm?[/QUOTE]

My friend says Joe's Adventure is because there is some story to it while the Vendetta is more arcade like. He compared it so side missions where you blow up this, kill this guy and so on.

[quote name='hal']I haven't seen any talk (nor a page 1 update) on Anomaly: Warzone Earth and reviews are in at Metacritic 81/100

Looks like an interesting twist on the TD genre. Anyone tried it?[/QUOTE]

I got it on Saturday and I've finished 6 missions so far. It's quite good. The gameplay is fun and the graphics are good. The interface is very slick and intuitive, really makes the game a joy to play and look at.
Aside from some minor (but annoying) graphical glitches I'm having (I appear to be an isolated case) it's a very polished game.

Doesn't appear to be very long but maybe you can't ask for much for $10 new.

[quote name='Terlan']Haven't tried it myself but steam has a demo for it if your interested.[/QUOTE]
There is still no demo, the link was put there as a mistake and has now (finally) been removed. The developer has however said they are working on getting a demo out this week but we'll see if they'll accomplish that.

Debating whether to get Mafia 2 now or wait for the Director's cut which will most likely come out on steam eventually. It looks like the Director's cut will include all of the previously released DLC, except the man made pack which came with the Digital Deluxe version.

DeadlyToothpick - Do you know if Amazon gives you a cd key when you buy a game download from them? Steam accepts the Mafia II cd key, and I may buy from Amazon if I can register it to Steam. Thanks.

Edit: Nevermind, I just discovered that you can register the Amazon download with Steam.

Yeah, just tried it, it's pretty painless. After you purchase you go to your game library on amazon and you can just click view cd key (or something like that) and you're done lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back