Steam Deal Thread V1 - Thread closed. See V2 thread for the deals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam deal thread V1! Read post # 2 for Steam FAQs and more.

This thread is no longer being updated. Please visit the V2 thread for Steam deal discussion. Thanks to everyone who made this thread a success.

Group Buys - Updated 05/20

Several multiplayer Steam games are available in 2-packs or 4-packs. These packs offer a discount over buying multiple copies of a game separately. We also maintain group buy trade threads for several games, so please use those threads if you're interested in setting up a group buy.

Free Stuff
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.
Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jimbodan']Why don't we just get a moderator to wikify this thread? That should solve all the time sensitive problems.[/QUOTE]
I was going to suggest this, too. I don't check the Deals section a whole lot anymore (trying to curb my spending and there isn't much I want anyway). So it's convenient having only one thread to check.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Mooby']Anyone with super detective skills able to find the banners for the other days' sales?[/QUOTE]

I second this~

[quote name='simpsonps121']Ditto the above - Where is the physical copy of $20 DA: UE?[/QUOTE]

Gamestop, YMMV though on the 50% off PC games I've seen near me.

What the hell?

eastx edited the thread today, and the title got LESS descriptive, with the only mention of Dragon Age on the first page of comments being that it was half off last Christmas?

Really? :whistle2:?

Look, I'm not trying to crap on maintaining the thread, but...this doesn't seem to be working.

This is where I would post the Fry 'shut up and take my money' picture if I had it readily available.

Pulled the trigger on DA UE, as if I could say no.

[quote name='loafing...']I've been wanting to get DA on Steam for a while (played it some on 360 and couldn't get past the controls) and this may come across as a little spoiled or entitled, but $20 still seems a little high to me :bouncy:

What are the chances we will see it cheaper in the very-possible summer sale?[/QUOTE]

I think we'll see $15 or $12.50 for the DA:UE this summer. Bioware titles have a habit of pricing very, very aggressively. ME hit $5 so fast it made my head spin. ME2 has been $10 several times; I'm hoping for $5 or $7.50 during the summer sale.

I think this is going to be one of those "sales" that's really just a precursor to an across-the-board price drop. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see DA:UE at $29.99 by the end of this month, which sets the stage nicely for $14.99 during the summer sale(s).

It helps that D2D has been more aggressive lately in their sales, and the EA online store itself has had some very strong deals, too. That is, if you're willing to get your game off-Steam.

Having said that, the package is a TON of game for $20. I would jump all over this, except my backlog is still huge and I can afford to wait. (I'm also waiting on ME2 and Fallout 3 GOTY).

I wish my CPU was a little stronger so I could play DA:O at decent specs. Unfortunately going to have to pass for now. May have to get Mass Effect 2 if it drops low. I already own it and have beaten it twice on 360, but why the hell not?

[quote name='AFarewell2Arms']I wish my CPU was a little stronger so I could play DA:O at decent specs. Unfortunately going to have to pass for now. May have to get Mass Effect 2 if it drops low. I already own it and have beaten it twice on 360, but why the hell not?[/QUOTE]

I played dao on an m11x with a c2d at 1.6ghz lol the gfx was a 335m and I played on highs though at only 1366x768 res. If you're on a desktop your CPU will be fine. Just depends on your gpu and resolution. So much better on pc than xbox IMO. But if u already beat it no big

it's tad bit sad many are missing out on a good deal.
hope the thread gets wikified. eastx will have a burden off his shoulders during his busy time

I so hope Sims 3 goes on sale during this EA sale.. My husband and I have been playing the 360 version, but we both wish we could play it on PC. The game interface just demands a mouse.

My hopeful sales for this week

Dead Space 2 for $20 (50% off)
Medal of Honor for $10 (66% off)

Bulletstorm and Crysis 2 probably won't go cheap enough so I'll wait on those.

I played through DA: O on my XBOX... is it worth it to pick this edition for 20$ bucks if I want to play through Awakening and the Witch Hunt DLC?

Thanks!

[quote name='ProfNut']I played through DA: O on my XBOX... is it worth it to pick this edition for 20$ bucks if I want to play through Awakening and the Witch Hunt DLC?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Dragon Age Origins is a completely different (and in my opinion, better) experience on the PC. I think that even though you'll be playing the game for a second time, the changes in gameplay and the interface will make it seem fresh.

The fact that Bioware reversed all of these changes in Dragon Age 2 PC to make all versions of the game the same is partly why I was so disappointed with the sequel. It also didn't help that the environments were boring and recycled or that 50% of the quests were sleep-inducing.

Well I decided to buy it... I played the game as a city elf, and I wanted to experience another origin story. I heard the noble dwarf one was good?

[quote name='Mooby']Someone found tomorrow's deals, Need for Speed series:

Undercover 75% off.
Shift 66% off.
Hot Pursuit 50% off.[/QUOTE]

NFS Undercover got some pretty bad reviews. Still, it's gotta be worth $2.50, right?

[quote name='aznguyen316']I played dao on an m11x with a c2d at 1.6ghz lol the gfx was a 335m and I played on highs though at only 1366x768 res. If you're on a desktop your CPU will be fine. Just depends on your gpu and resolution. So much better on pc than xbox IMO. But if u already beat it no big[/QUOTE]

I'm on a laptop. I can run almost every game fine except for RPG's like Dragon Age, The Witcher, etc. Everything else on my PC is well above recommended settings for DA, it's just my CPU. I ran the DA2 demo and it was awful.

Considering the series that EA has left on steam, I think that some of the following "days" are extremely likely, given that there are 5 unknown sales left (if Need for Speed is indeed today's sale...)

Need for Speed Day *
Battlefield Day
Mass Effect Day
Sims Day
Crysis Day
Command & Conquer Day

Maybe a Dead Space Day instead of Sims Day? Hm...

[quote name='airwalke']Considering the series that EA has left on steam, I think that some of the following "days" are extremely likely, given that there are 5 unknown sales left (if Need for Speed is indeed today's sale...)

Need for Speed Day *
Battlefield Day
Mass Effect Day
Sims Day
Crysis Day
Command & Conquer Day

Maybe a Dead Space Day instead of Sims Day? Hm...[/QUOTE]

What about Spore? Wouldn't surprise me to see it show up.

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']What about Spore? Wouldn't surprise me to see it show up.[/QUOTE]

Mirror's edge wouldn't suprise me either, However I think we will largely see games with sequels out recently trying to promote them. There will probably be a few more in the rotation but my guess would be that because of their somewhat recent sequels we will see the following:

DA was a good one the first day.
NFS
Crysis
Dead Space
Spore

After that and for good measure my guesses would be

Battlefield
Mass Effect
Sims (This would go to the top if they released Medieval on Steam)

This is totally the opposite of a deal, but how is Your Doodles Are Bugged! selling for $9.99 on Steam? That's exactly 10 times the price of the game when it appeared on the 360 Marketplace as an Indie Game like a year ago.

god damn it i just bought nfs hot pursuit on amazon digital last night for 15. would def rather have it for steam. oh well, my own fault.

[quote name='lito88']Which one is the best outta the 3 for Need For Speed?[/QUOTE]

Definitely Hot Pursuit. Shift is no slouch, though. I would say don't mess with Undercover, but for $2.50...

[quote name='vlv723']Damnit, I missed out on DA: UE...hoping it'll go on sale again someday. Thats what I get for working alot.[/QUOTE]

More money for more steam sales:)

Couldn't pass on $2.50 despite the reviews. I'll pass on Shift and Hot Pursuit for now.

[quote name='Doomtime']More money for more steam sales:)

Couldn't pass on $2.50 despite the reviews. I'll pass on Shift and Hot Pursuit for now.[/QUOTE]

Of course lol. I'm gonna bite on Hot Pursuit when I get home. I need more games to play on my new laptop :D

[quote name='mang9432']god damn it i just bought nfs hot pursuit on amazon digital last night for 15. would def rather have it for steam. oh well, my own fault.[/QUOTE]

I did the same damn thing. Pisses me off too. :(

Sorry for all those who missed the DAO deal. I made a thread but it got deleted. :cry:

BTW folks should post your EA ID so we can add each other in the AUTOLOG for Hot Pursuit. It's very fun trying to beat each other's race records. :D

EA ID: Doc_Fisherman

For the 3 people in the world who don't have it already, Plants vs Zombies GOTY edition is $3.40 on Steam as the midweek sale. I was one of the three, so I bit.

[quote name='Pajama_Man']BTW folks should post your EA ID so we can add each other in the AUTOLOG for Hot Pursuit. It's very fun trying to beat each other's race records. :D

EA ID: Doc_Fisherman[/QUOTE]

EA ID: drippysack

Anyone see any reviews or opinions on the new Mount and Blade game that was released today?

Love the series and want to support the developers, but just picked up Warband not too long ago and wondering how different they are.

[quote name='etcrane']Anyone see any reviews or opinions on the new Mount and Blade game that was released today?

Love the series and want to support the developers, but just picked up Warband not too long ago and wondering how different they are.[/QUOTE]

WTF is Mount and Blade with Fire and Sword

Might want to especially pay attention to the musket part as introduction of guns is probably the most significant change.

Does anyone think Steam would have Mass effect 1 & 2 PC on sale during EA week? I know that ME1 is not an EA game, but what did they do last time?

[quote name='kart007k']Does anyone think Steam would have Mass effect 1 & 2 PC on sale during EA week? I know that ME1 is not an EA game, but what did they do last time?[/QUOTE]

Certainly hoping they do

66% off Plants vs Zombies GOTY Edition - Now only $3.40: Sale price: $3.40, Regular price: $9.99, Store: Steam http://store.steampowered.com/app/3590

66% off Need for Speed: Shift - Now only $6.80: Sale price: $6.80, Regular price: $19.99, Store: Steam http://store.steampowered.com/app/24870

50% off Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit - Now only $14.99: Sale price: $14.99, Regular price: $29.99, Store: Steam http://store.steampowered.com/app/47870

75% off Need for Speed Undercover - Now only $2.50: Sale price: $2.50, Regular price: $9.99, Store: Steam http://store.steampowered.com/app/17430

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back