Steam Deal Thread V1 - Thread closed. See V2 thread for the deals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam deal thread V1! Read post # 2 for Steam FAQs and more.

This thread is no longer being updated. Please visit the V2 thread for Steam deal discussion. Thanks to everyone who made this thread a success.

Group Buys - Updated 05/20

Several multiplayer Steam games are available in 2-packs or 4-packs. These packs offer a discount over buying multiple copies of a game separately. We also maintain group buy trade threads for several games, so please use those threads if you're interested in setting up a group buy.

Free Stuff
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.
Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kart007k']Does anyone think Steam would have Mass effect 1 & 2 PC on sale during EA week? I know that ME1 is not an EA game, but what did they do last time?[/QUOTE]
Mass Effect 1 (PC) IS an EA game. Only published by Microsoft on Xbox 360. So yes, they would do a ME 1 & 2 sale, which is exactly what they did during the holiday sale.

What was the cheapest ME1 and ME2 deals ever made?
I wanna know so that i can gauge with the price to buy or wait for summer sale in hope for cheaper.

The first page's said
ME1 for $9.99 (50%)
ME2 for $19.99 (50%)
during xmas.

But then some ppl above mention about $5 for ME1, so did the $5 ever happened?
Thanks

[quote name='bigant262']Are the NFS games worth getting? I already have Hot Pursuit on 360, but what about Shift and Undercover?[/QUOTE]

I liked Shift, though some users and reviewers disliked it for being neither too "Sim" nor "Racing". $6.80 is a good price although if you wait long enough it'll probably hit $5 in a future sale.

Undercover is by far one of the weakest title in the series, if not the weakest (excluding the really atrocious GameCube/DS/Wii games). But for $2.50 it may be worth it if you really liked Most Wanted, which Undercover is closest to. But most people agree that Undercover is a downgrade from Most Wanted.

[quote name='Doomtime']Couldn't pass on $2.50 despite the reviews.[/QUOTE]

I did. It got ripped when it came out, and I have enough of a backlog without it.

[quote name='enforcer2003']I liked Shift, though some users and reviewers disliked it for being neither too "Sim" nor "Racing". $6.80 is a good price although if you wait long enough it'll probably hit $5 in a future sale.

Undercover is by far one of the weakest title in the series, if not the weakest (excluding the really atrocious GameCube/DS/Wii games). But for $2.50 it may be worth it if you really liked Most Wanted, which Undercover is closest to. But most people agree that Undercover is a downgrade from Most Wanted.[/QUOTE]

...or was going to. I liked Most Wanted. Crap. :whistle2:k

[quote name='PrarieD0G']Is it worth picking up Plants vs. Zombies GOTY edition if I already have the iPod/iPhone version?[/QUOTE]

Well, the Steam one does come with Steam Cloud support and some nifty Team Fortress 2 hats...

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']Well, the Steam one does come with Steam Cloud support and some nifty Team Fortress 2 hats...[/QUOTE]

well, crap. i guess i'm in for one then.

[quote name='PrarieD0G']Is it worth picking up Plants vs. Zombies GOTY edition if I already have the iPod/iPhone version?[/QUOTE]

Not really -- they didn't add any new content or anything and there is no co-op or versus on PC.

Regarding the ME series: Last Summer Sale ME1 was $5 but I didn't have the chance to get it. Since then there have been other EA promos but it hasn't been as low as $5 again. If they don't drop it to $5 this week I'll just wait for the Summer and keep my fingers crossed. Or who knows, maybe it'll be $5 this week and even cheaper/bundled with ME2 during the Summer Sale.

I haven't played it yet but what I hear about M&B:F&S says it's a lousy mod that doesn't really add a lot to the originals. This does not surprise me. YMMV.

They had choicer words for it but I shan't use them on a family board.

[quote name='RollingSkull']I haven't played it yet but what I hear about M&B:F&S says it's a lousy mod that doesn't really add a lot to the originals. This does not surprise me. YMMV.

They had choicer words for it but I shan't use them on a family board.[/QUOTE]

I'm so raging at random bandits using muskets to one shot you from across the map. And it's only the beginning of the game. :hot:

[quote name='Poshbishounen']I'm so raging at random bandits using muskets to one shot you from across the map. And it's only the beginning of the game. :hot:[/QUOTE]

Shoot them with your urine.

Yeah thats happened to me a couple of times as well Poshbishounen. My only advice is either have something you can duck behind when your reloading or have a line of infantry in front of you as a meat shield. Alternatively you could stay on your horse, makes you harder to hit, but also makes aiming (with a rifle anyway) more difficult.

For the most part I am pleased with Fire and sword. Cut a few things Warband had, but I feel it does a good job with what its added. Guns are powerful, but at least so far aside from the random one hit kill when a line of enemy fire at me, guns seem very inaccurate unless you are within 20 feet (even then you can miss). Thats a good thing in my opinion as it represents how the guns really were. You aimed and hoped you hit something, then reloaded forever XD

[quote name='HeSaveDave']I'm hoping for ME2 so bad! Anyone know what time the deal changes?[/QUOTE]

Yeah I missed out on that free ME2 from Dragon Age 2.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='HeSaveDave']I'm hoping for ME2 so bad! Anyone know what time the deal changes?[/QUOTE]
Aprox 13 hrs and 19 minutes from the moment of this post.

[quote name='flatbush']What was the cheapest ME1 and ME2 deals ever made?
I wanna know so that i can gauge with the price to buy or wait for summer sale in hope for cheaper.

The first page's said
ME1 for $9.99 (50%)
ME2 for $19.99 (50%)
during xmas.

But then some ppl above mention about $5 for ME1, so did the $5 ever happened?
Thanks[/QUOTE]

Check out SteamgameSales.com for questions like this. It only goes back 12 months, but it confirms the sales you've asked about.

Mass Effect 1 was $4.99 on July 19/20, 2010, and $9.99 during the Holiday sale last year. Link.

I personally bought it for $5 on Direct2Drive on 12/1/2009. Not Steam, but it was the first time anyone had it for $5. I've still got the email receipt to prove this price...

Mass Effect 2 was $9.99 on Steam during the 2010 Holiday sale, the same day that ME1 was $4.99. Link.

Here's hoping for $2 ME1 and $5 ME2 during the Summer sale! :)

[quote name='Khamous']Aprox 13 hrs and 19 minutes from the moment of this post.[/QUOTE]

Heh. 10:00 AM Pacific Time.

[quote name='gcorlett']Check out SteamgameSales.com for questions like this. It only goes back 12 months, but it confirms the sales you've asked about.

Mass Effect 1 was $4.99 on July 19/20, 2010, and $9.99 during the Holiday sale last year. Link.

I personally bought it for $5 on Direct2Drive on 12/1/2009. Not Steam, but it was the first time anyone had it for $5. I've still got the email receipt to prove this price...

Mass Effect 2 was $9.99 on Steam during the 2010 Holiday sale, the same day that ME1 was $4.99. Link.

Here's hoping for $2 ME1 and $5 ME2 during the Summer sale! :)[/QUOTE]

Wow that website is awesome thanks for sharing. I have a list of games I want and I just went through and added the lowest prices they've been using that site. Now I can compare at a glance and nab them on sale. cheers to you!

[quote name='hypertails02']Plants vs. Zombies is priced at $3.80 for Midweek Madness. BUY THIS GAME!!
Deal ends Thursday May 5 at 4pm EST.[/QUOTE]

Not sure if anyone here needs the extra motivation, but PvZ now gets you 2 hats for TF2. A bucket and a traffic cone like the ones worn by the zombies.

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']Actually, it was ME2 that came free with DA2.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I meant 2. Im probably gonna grab ME2 regardless especially if its 5 dollars. Depending on ME1 price, I may grab that.

In the likely scenario that there is a Mass Effect day, is it worth it to pick up either ME if I've already played through both on 360? I've played through 2 twice and I'm on my second playthrough of number 1 right now, but are there any benefits to the PC versions other than getting to play through the amazing stories again?

[quote name='AFarewell2Arms']In the likely scenario that there is a Mass Effect day, is it worth it to pick up either ME if I've already played through both on 360? I've played through 2 twice and I'm on my second playthrough of number 1 right now, but are there any benefits to the PC versions other than getting to play through the amazing stories again?[/QUOTE]

other than having it forever through steam as opposed to a console that could go up in smoke any day, no meaningful advantage.

[quote name='qwerty1']other than having it forever through steam as opposed to a console that could go up in smoke any day, no meaningful advantage.[/QUOTE]

Why do people think that Steam will be around forever?

[quote name='AFarewell2Arms']In the likely scenario that there is a Mass Effect day, is it worth it to pick up either ME if I've already played through both on 360? I've played through 2 twice and I'm on my second playthrough of number 1 right now, but are there any benefits to the PC versions other than getting to play through the amazing stories again?[/QUOTE]

If you plan on playing ME3 on the PC, you'd have saves to transfer over and continue your old Shepard.

[quote name='VALikimlav']Why do people think that Steam will be around forever?[/QUOTE]

Or that one's account could never be compromised.

*cough* Sony *cough*

[quote name='VALikimlav']Why do people think that Steam will be around forever?[/QUOTE]

Because digital distribution is the future. And steam has pretty much a lock on market. It's pretty much impossible to start a company that could beat it so badly that it would go out of business. Just like I'm pretty sure itunes will be around forever so will steam.

You know the Nintendo company is over 100 years old? Its a pretty sure bet that Valve corp will turn out like Ford, Disney, Nike, and Apple and out live us all.

[quote name='dfg']Or that one's account could never be compromised.

*cough* Sony *cough*[/QUOTE]

LOL at the skeptics..
Shun the non-believers!

What makes you think Gaben is going to let some puny hacker hack Steam?
What makes you think Steam will not be around longer than Games for Windows LIVE?

Gaben deserves better
Gaben deserves more

Godspeed Gaben on your future endeavors

iFhlY.gif

ME1 on PC is alot better than the 360. You can squad control like you can in ME2. I couldnt play the ME1 on 360 cause of the AI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back