Steam Deal Thread V1 - Thread closed. See V2 thread for the deals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam deal thread V1! Read post # 2 for Steam FAQs and more.

This thread is no longer being updated. Please visit the V2 thread for Steam deal discussion. Thanks to everyone who made this thread a success.

Group Buys - Updated 05/20

Several multiplayer Steam games are available in 2-packs or 4-packs. These packs offer a discount over buying multiple copies of a game separately. We also maintain group buy trade threads for several games, so please use those threads if you're interested in setting up a group buy.

Free Stuff
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.
Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Last edited by a moderator:
With the storefront still being updated, I wouldn't be freaking out if your games on your wishlist aren't on sale - I imagine that it takes quite some time for everything to update and the site to reflect ALL of the new prices. I mean, pretty much everything is discounted something, so chill, go take a walk outside, and stop back around dinner.

[quote name='dmdragon']Ahh, ok that makes sense, and since these are digital you don't have to worry about something selling out. Thank you

And what is that program earlier that is showing the steam sales and comparing it with your game list?[/QUOTE] This?

Edit: It's down right now, I'm sure it will be back up shortly.

[quote name='doodofdoods']My rule for steam sales is 75% off or better: buy it.

66% off: buy if I really want it, but wait for a daily sale.

50% off: Wait for a daily deal.

less than 50%: lol @ EA. Learn 2 steam sale.[/QUOTE]

Pretty close to what I do. 50% off it better be something I really really REALLY want. 66% ill consider it. 75% off or better buy it...hell a lot of times even if it is something I dont want if its marked down that cheap I may give it a shot. Sadly as I said it seems sales keep having less and less deals. From memory it used to be most games were in that higher % where now they tend to be 50% most of the time.

[quote name='Genocidal']Unless specifically mentioned, correct. Valve games will generally give you an extra copy to gift if you already own them, while most others won't.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Just wanted to be sure since I own some games in a pack I want to buy.

[quote name='bigdbo622']Too many games in backlog...Must. Fight. Temptation.

Is there a support group around here for addicts...[/QUOTE]

Yea, but we keep telling each other to buy games anyways...

I'd rather their be downtime so steam can get everything up, I can only imagine everyone clicking refresh or checking pages was slowing things to a crawl. I already fear for my wallet though :< I promised I wouldn't spend much but I am weak.

[quote name='VindictiveGnome']This?

Edit: It's down right now, I'm sure it will be back up shortly.[/QUOTE]

No, there was a command line utility with a screenshot posted earlier, that's what I meant.

[quote name='callmewoof']Its my first year for this so - is the summer sale starting? I didnt see any indications... what am I missing? o_O[/QUOTE]

Give it 30 mins - 1 hour, you'll never want to miss it again xD

Where the heck are you all seeing these deals at? The only that I've seen on the Steam page for the past 50 minutes has been $5 off Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

[quote name='callmewoof']Its my first year for this so - is the summer sale starting? I didnt see any indications... what am I missing? o_O[/QUOTE]

Just wait... the store is crashing while they are updating.

FYI, the daily deals are where it's at! The packs are cool, but the sweet stuff happens 1 day at a time

[quote name='macschwag14']Where the heck are you all seeing these deals at? The only that I've seen on the Steam page for the past 50 minutes has been $5 off Deus Ex: Human Revolution.[/QUOTE]

Some of the deals are showing under the Specials tab.

Also, if you have specific games on your wishlist, a lot of us are seeing that the prices have been slashed.

Ok sounds good thanks for the replies. I keep hearing about legendary steam sales (I didn't start truly using it until a few months ago). Looking forward to some good deals, I hope! :)

79% Valve Complete Pack
87% 1C Complete Pack
67% Rockstar Complete Collection
64% Unreal Deal Pack
86% Mumbo Jumbo Complete Pack
50% Nancy Drew Collector Pack
77% THQ Complete Pack
72% Sims 3 pack
85% Id Superpack
50% Need for Speed Pack
78% Telltale Complete Pack
89% SFI Summer 2011 Complete pack
76% Paradox Strategy Pack
89% Meridian 4 Complete Pack

[quote name='dmdragon']No, there was a command line utility with a screenshot posted earlier, that's what I meant.[/QUOTE] Ah, my bad. Hope you find what you're looking for.

I hope Arma 2, Mirror's Edge, and Section 8: Prejudice (better than the current amount) goes on sale.

The store front will most likely update in a few hours. This is pretty much how all the Steam sales go. Slowly prices get update and then the store front.

[quote name='dmdragon']Ahh, ok that makes sense, and since these are digital you don't have to worry about something selling out. Thank you

And what is that program earlier that is showing the steam sales and comparing it with your game list?[/QUOTE]

I pulled the screen off of a Reddit comment, I have no clue what the program was.

[quote name='ShinSolidus']I was looking at the Rockstar Pack. Why the hell can't I get GTA 1 and 2 by themselves? damn it...[/QUOTE]

Because those 2 are available free on the Rockstar Site I believe

[quote name='Pheace']Because those 2 are available free on the Rockstar Site I believe[/QUOTE]

Whoa...are you for serious? Been wanting those since I got my laptop back on Christmas. Will see if it's still free. Thanks.

[quote name='sp8001']The Longest Journey 75% off for $2.50!!!

Awesome adventure game! Been waiting for a sale to add it to my steam collection.

[/QUOTE]

I appreciate the suggestion, this game looks good. I never know what games to get from steam.

It's both a good and a bad thing nothing besides Recetieer is jumping out at me. I would get Amnesia if it drops to $5 or below, other than that I will wait till I get a better PC.

[quote name='justme99z']Just wait... the store is crashing while they are updating.

FYI, the daily deals are where it's at! The packs are cool, but the sweet stuff happens 1 day at a time[/QUOTE]

Yea so you're ur saying wait until the last day to buy any packs? Just got a new pc for the first time in years im gonna spend way to much buying games i always wanted but couldnt run

Since I couldn't get an access to the group buy thread, I'm posting it here for now:
I'm hosting Lead and Gold: Gangs of the Wild West Four Pack.

There are only 2 slots left. If you are interested, PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back