Steam Deal Thread V1 - Thread closed. See V2 thread for the deals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam deal thread V1! Read post # 2 for Steam FAQs and more.

This thread is no longer being updated. Please visit the V2 thread for Steam deal discussion. Thanks to everyone who made this thread a success.

Group Buys - Updated 05/20

Several multiplayer Steam games are available in 2-packs or 4-packs. These packs offer a discount over buying multiple copies of a game separately. We also maintain group buy trade threads for several games, so please use those threads if you're interested in setting up a group buy.

Free Stuff
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.
Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a heads up for those who own or will buy Portal 2- if you want all of the co-op character DLC (new moves, hats, mustaches, flags, paint jobs, etc.), the pack that includes everything is $10 today compared to the normal $80. Great deal if you're one of those people who's interested in this stuff.

[quote name='zillionandnine']Was looking at the achievements for today, and Nimbus looks like an interesting game. Thoughts anyone?[/QUOTE]

I have had my eye on Nimbus for quite some time... I think it looks like it could be a lot of fun. I passed on an earlier sale at 50% off... and I think I am going to pass again. I was hoping for a daily deal for $2.50 :cry:

if anyone is doing a 3-pack for Post Apocalyptic Mayhem, pm me or leave a comment here!

EDIT: Nevermind!

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting choices today. More and more, I regret my Duke Nukem Forever pre-order at $41 (Direct2Drive), and this is the last nail in Duke's coffin.

Even at $25, DNF isn't worth it.

Considering X games, although probably won't bite due to backlog.... Is there any reason to play the older games? I don't have so much time so it looks better to me to get just x3 and/or x3 reunion as they are newer and have better graphics, also you only save a $1.24 if you buy the collection.

Well, I must admit I'm shocked that Terraria went up as a daily. I bought it early in the sale and sunk 3-4 hours into it, and I just can't get into it (frankly, it just seems so damn repetitive). So I have to ask, does it get better - like what am I missing here that everyone is raving over? I want to give it a fair shake, but it seems like I swing my pickaxe - pick up a bunch of random stone/ore and then see what I can make out of it in my inventory - which also seems fairly random as far as the new things I can make. I must admit, I really have just mined some copper ore, and none of the 'rarer' metals, but anyone have any tips to help me get into it?

My wallet may be safe - only thinking about the PoP pack. I played Sands of Time my freshman year of college and have some really fond memories of that game. I played it on kb/m - but now that I have a 360 controller, figure that might make them even better - any input on the entire pack?

Bought FO3 GOTY (along with everyone else according to the top sellers chart). Decent price on Dead Space 2, but I still haven't finished the first one. While I've waited 13 years for Duke 4Ever, as bad as the reviews have been and as deep my backlog runs, I'll wait for it to be $10 at Christmas.

[quote name='sergimax']Does anyone know if Prince of Persia cell-shading edition has the DLC with the final in it already, or is it available to buy elsewhere?[/QUOTE]

the dlc was never released on pc :cry:

Grabbed Universe Sandbox and SC Chaos Theory at the last minute. I would have loved to get SC Conviction as well, especially since it's Mac compatible, but I won't buy constant Internet drm.

Will probably pick up an extra copy of Terraria for my brother (or just buy myself a 4-pack at the same price as a I payed for one slot of a 4-pack when it was released. Hitman Blood Money is tempting, will have to check out some youtube vids.

[quote name='plutoknight']So...Sam and MAx complete pack is 12 bucks. Worth it?[/QUOTE]

It's an outright STEAL at that price (assuming you enjoy wit and puzzles). If you're at all interested in the TellTale adventure games, you'd be a fool not to buy these at $12.50 (unless, of course, you were planning on buying the TellTale Complete pack, which everyone should).

[quote name='TestType']I'm expecting tomorrow to be a recap day so disappointed there is no sale on Dawn of War II, wanted to get Chaos Rising.[/QUOTE]

Wasn't Dawn of War II on sale the first day?

Definite in for Terraria at $2.49.

Anybody tried Post Apocalyptic Mayhem?

Still thinking on maybe or maybe not Portal 2 and DNF...

[quote name='AFarewell2Arms']Hope someone will put F.E.A.R. on sale. I know tomorrow will most likely be a best of, but I was really counting on a franchise sale. Maybe D2D will save me.[/QUOTE]

Ever since the FEAR daily deal showed up there's a pack that contains FEAR1 and 2 with all DLC for 10 euro's (probably 10 dollars for you)

[quote name='AFarewell2Arms']Hope someone will put F.E.A.R. on sale. I know tomorrow will most likely be a best of, but I was really counting on a franchise sale. Maybe D2D will save me.[/QUOTE]

Fear complete pack was a weekend/midweek deal right before the Summer Sale at $10... odds are slim we'll see it again this soon.

Ron Swanson! Love the pic, would also enjoy a F.E.A.R. franchise sale, but it is not looking like it is gonna happen on steam..

[quote name='plutoknight']So...Sam and MAx complete pack is 12 bucks. Worth it?[/QUOTE]

Yes $12 is a good price if you don't have any of the episodes

Any thoughts on Duke Nukem? I know its not a AAA polished title but steam forums is filled with tons of hate for it mostly. Is it fun? Does it have some laughs?

[quote name='TestType']Considering X games, although probably won't bite due to backlog.... Is there any reason to play the older games? I don't have so much time so it looks better to me to get just x3 and/or x3 reunion as they are newer and have better graphics, also you only save a $1.24 if you buy the collection.[/QUOTE]
Only get X3: Terran Conflict. Every X game is essentially the same as the previous iteration but with incremental upgrades. Each new release makes its predecessor redundant.

X is great, though! Definitely get TC! :)

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Thinking about Neverwinter Nights 2 and Supreme Commander 2

Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

NWN 2: Platinum for that place is crazy, if you like those strategy-RPG's like Baldur's Gate PC series and Dragon Age: Origins.
NWN2 [Origin campaign] is pretty good...quite solid.
NWN2: Mask of The Betrayer expansion is as close as we'll get to a modern-day Planescape: Torment - this is the real jewel of the Platinum collection.
NWN2: Storm of Zehir is cool and introduces some new features.

I was hoping that since Morrowind has actually been a part of the sale (it says "steam summer sale 2011" under it) that it meant that it would eventually be a daily deal.

Are there any other games that are discounted, but haven't been a daily deal yet?

[quote name='Terlan']Any thoughts on Duke Nukem? I know its not a AAA polished title but steam forums is filled with tons of hate for it mostly. Is it fun? Does it have some laughs?[/QUOTE]

It's completely over the top in its humor, you'll either love it or hate it because it's pure 80s-90s cheese, pop culture references, and toilet humor. I enjoyed it for what it was, and you can tell that development was very disjointed. Personally I'd wait for $10.

[quote name='Terlan']Any thoughts on Duke Nukem? I know its not a AAA polished title but steam forums is filled with tons of hate for it mostly. Is it fun? Does it have some laughs?[/QUOTE]

The demo seems to be a really good indicator of the final game, from what I've read. Having played the demo, I have to say I found myself having no fun, which is too bad.

[quote name='macschwag14']The demo seems to be a really good indicator of the final game, from what I've read. Having played the demo, I have to say I found myself having no fun, which is too bad.[/QUOTE]

I played the demo and hated it but got the game anyways. It's better than the demo made it seem, imo. But I'd say $10-20 is the sweet spot for it.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Thinking about Neverwinter Nights 2 and Supreme Commander 2

Thoughts?[/QUOTE]
Neverwinter Nights has fuck for a camera, everything past that is great

Supreme Commander at this price is great

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back