Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I'm a couple games away from # 1,000 on steam.

Thanks to all you guys in this thread, the bundlestars thread, idiegala thread and the old amazon PCDD thread I was able to grow my backlog by about 600 games in the past couple of years for way less than $500.

I appreciate all the deals you post and the drops that I never get here in time for.

I'm a couple games away from # 1,000 on steam.

Thanks to all you guys in this thread, the bundlestars thread, idiegala thread and the old amazon PCDD thread I was able to grow my backlog by about 600 games in the past couple of years for way less than $500.

I appreciate all the deals you post and the drops that I never get here in time for.
I shot from one game (Portal 2) to 2,000 games in that time, thanks to this site.

Your level of self control is astounding.

I shot from one game (Portal 2) to 2,000 games in that time, thanks to this site.

Your level of self control is astounding.
I think I went from 10 games to 1k in about 7 or so months. Should hit 2k sometime this year. Took a little longer because I had a sabbatical from the bundle scene, but I'm guessing at this rate I'll be at 3k next year. Who would have thought?

Morans, it not about the quantity of one's library, it's about the quality[customspoiler=.]
Lindsay-Lohan-Spits-Out-Drink.gif

Nah, it's totally the quantity.[/customspoiler]

[quote name="Waggles" post="12465914" timestamp="1422910503"]I can sell you a copy of Murder Miners for $10.

It's basically the same game.[/quote]

Hmm.. Tempting

Seriously though, no one?

Last edited by a moderator:
I do pass on a lot of bundles. Usually because something is posted then work distracts me and it slips my mind.
You aren't the only one. Though I do it for other reasons.

I think I had one of the higher amount of games in this thread prior to humble bundle becoming a thing and then spawning offspring. Though I think Steam only had around 2,000 to 2,500 total games in its store back then too.

Morans, it not about the quantity of one's library, it's about the quality[customspoiler=.]
Lindsay-Lohan-Spits-Out-Drink.gif

Nah, it's totally the quantity.[/customspoiler]
I was about to say, "Says the guy with 1630 games" then I saw the spoiler and laughed.

Then when they actually play the games instead of playing games highly regarded such as the Batman Arkham games, they go to play lots of horrible indie games from bundles and play the newest version of Magic on Steam, even though it isn't as fun.....That may just be me....

{Dying Light}

I've been playing Dying Light both before and after the patch on an i5-3570k, AMD HD 7950 (3GB), and 16GB of RAM with no problems thus far @ 1920x1080. My FPS stay in the 48-60 range depending on how many zombies are getting limbs severed. Turning the view distance all the way down helps immensely and adds no visual enhancement whatsoever surprisingly. I have everything else turned up to high (max) and the game runs just fine for me.

Would I buy this game for $59.99? No, because I'm mostly a CAG. Would I buy this game again from a Russian trader ~4 months ago for an Andrew Jackson, hell yeah. Is the game fun? Depends on what you want or expect from a Techland made game. I think it's pretty fun so far. Crafting weapons and adding upgrades add for some zombie slashing and killing variety fun. The whole parkour aspect seems a little carried away since it's basically the same thing as free running in an Assassin's Creed game.

The three different skill trees (agility, survival, and power) are decent but a little underwhelming. The survivor skill seems to be the slowest to level, while power and agility get a double xp bonus at night. The side quests add a lot of extra game play but are mostly simple fetch quests, defending areas, helping civilians, or completing quarantine zones you find throughout the city. I'm finding the difficulty to be fairly easy so far as I'm about 50% through the story and have completed 68% of the side quests.

I'm rating Dying Light: 3 game saving interceptions out of 5 baffling play calls at this point.
Glad to hear you have a AMD card and not having too many issues with it.

With Techland doing Dying Light, I'm basically expecting Dead Island w/ parkour + that zombie day/night cycle. I loved Dead Island; liked Riptide; and so I have a feeling I'll probably end-up at least liking Dying Light.

If it gets $10 or less cheap in a somewhat reputable place, I'm likely going to be all over this. Hopefully, my rig (i7 950; 16 GB DDR3 RAM; 1 GB VRAM GF GTX 560 Ti - doesn't likely sound so hot, as that's the min for VRAM) will cut it or I'll have upgraded my VRAM by then.

Glad to hear you have a AMD card and not having too many issues with it.

With Techland doing Dying Light, I'm basically expecting Dead Island w/ parkour + that zombie day/night cycle. I loved Dead Island; liked Riptide; and so I have a feeling I'll probably end-up at least liking Dying Light.

If it gets $10 or less cheap in a somewhat reputable place, I'm likely going to be all over this. Hopefully, my rig (i7 950; 16 GB DDR3 RAM; 1 GB VRAM GF GTX 560 Ti - doesn't likely sound so hot, as that's the min for VRAM) will cut it or I'll have upgraded my VRAM by then.
Just to throw in that my friend and I both have AMD graphics cards and aren't having issues with it really (Mine is probably the same as Motiv's). The graphic settings between highest and lowest don't seem to be any different either, but you do get a small to decent boost in performance setting it low. I get a little lower FPS than he does, but I'm forcing AF/AA through my video card and my processor is a first gen i7.

Hmm.. Tempting Seriously though, no one?
As mentioned if you're looking for an individual to sell you a code you're better off on the trade thread. If you mean will Steam or some other retailer have a sale on it anytime soon... it's anyone's guess. Usually all the Bethesderp titles going on sale during Quakecon but the Summer Sale will hit before that. Lowest it's been on Steam is around $5 although that is somewhat rare. There was a period of like two plus years where it refused to dip below $10.

I'm new to PC gaming and Steam, so please bare with me but can those GreenManGaming 20% off vouchers be used multiple times on the same account?

It's obviously a universal code but I just didn't know if there is a limit on the number of times you can use it. Thanks in advance!

I'm new to PC gaming and Steam, so please bare with me but can those GreenManGaming 20% off vouchers be used multiple times on the same account?

It's obviously a universal code but I just didn't know if there is a limit on the number of times you can use it. Thanks in advance!
They mostly can be used multiple times per account. The lone exception I can think of is when GMG emails you a personal voucher for a specific game. Those are usually one time use vouchers.

Neuro5i5 gave you the right answer but it's not a dumb question. Sometime places do have "universal" codes that are, regardless, only usable once per account. Gamersgate, for instance, had some going for a while this past fall. GMG's codes though are usable multiple times except in special cases like Neuro5i5 said.

Found this Amazon review of the GTX 960.

Spending $200 to play Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD seems like a nice way to spend your tax return.
add about $90 more then you will get triple performance with a 4GB GTX 970 (or at least that what I paid for mine after rebate and selling off bundled game code from Black Friday)

I think you should save up and wait a bit. Buying right after Christmas season tend not to be a very good idea

add about $90 more then you will get triple performance with a 4GB GTX 970 (or at least that what I paid for mine after rebate and selling off bundled game code from Black Friday)
That's quite a few additional conditions for it to only be $90 more.

Regardless, I'm waiting until Nvidia releases their next line. I wonder if they'll go the 1XXX route or do something different.

That's quite a few additional conditions for it to only be $90 more.

Regardless, I'm waiting until Nvidia releases their next line. I wonder if they'll go the 1XXX route or do something different.
basically, Black Friday is the best time to buy tech for cheap and upgrade. Your dollars will go far

http://store.steampowered.com/app/346010/

so this game, part Kerbal, part Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts. i probably would never play it, but it's fun watching videos of it, like this one...
That game does look fantastic. I've almost bitten on it already, even though I know it will be bundled. It just looks so much fun and it's only 7 bucks.

Edit: fuck it, it's only card money. Bought it and downloading. :whee:

Neuro5i5 gave you the right answer but it's not a dumb question. Sometime places do have "universal" codes that are, regardless, only usable once per account. Gamersgate, for instance, had some going for a while this past fall. GMG's codes though are usable multiple times except in special cases like Neuro5i5 said.
Game fly codes are also 1 time use. ...wait I thought they turned into D2D. Ehhhh whatev :beer:

just to say that gamers are their own worst enemy...right now corporations are laughing like..WHY DO SOMETHING NEW? THEY WILL PAY TOP DOLLAR FOR OLD STUFF...the industry is stagnant and in for another crash
Hd remakes aren't going to make the industry crash. Markets crash because people refuse to buy things, but people are eating up hd remakes for the reasons I mentioned as liking them myself earlier. If the market crashes it will be primarily because 1) It's way oversaturated, as new titles are being produced at a rate that's probably unrivaled in the history of the industry, and is only increasing w/the indie boom of the past few years and 2) Because publishers are way out of touch in terms of how much they spend on funding a title and how unrealistic their sales expectations are. There would be other factors, but I think these would be the two biggest contributors.

I get that you think remakes are dumb, but at this point I don't think it's being overdone. I don't think I've ever heard of a remake and thought "wow, was that really necessary?" Games like the first resident evil or Majora's Mask, etc, games like that which are almost two decades old...I really don't see what's wrong with bringing that onto today's systems so that they 1) are easily accessible and 2) don't look like complete crap.

That game does look fantastic. I've almost bitten on it already, even though I know it will be bundled. It just looks so much fun and it's only 7 bucks.

Now it will be bundled tomorrow. Thanks for that :bouncy:

Please stop pretending you have even the tiniest of a clue as to how PC hardware works. You're probably the 2nd dumbest PC user (and you know Ed123 is #1) I've ever had the misfortune to chat with. I love seeing people piss and moan about having to buy new hardware every 3 years. Back in the glory days of PC gaming you practically HAD to buy at least a new GPU (sometimes even a CPU) every single year. Now you can go years and years using a $300 black friday laptop. I'd love to see things go back to the good old days of technical hurdles and $$$ hardware to drive these indie idiots and console rejects back out PC gaming forever.
FTFY?

Dying Light final boss fight is QTE.  Even worse than Risen's QTE boss fight.  The other two 'boss' fights are made artificially difficult by stripping you of your weapons.

Being lazy on Quoting but been heavily tempted on Besieged and that was before even saw it was on Steam. Watched a Let's Play of it week or so ago and looked insanely fun, in the trying to make the weirdest and/or stupidest contraption that actually works, way of fun. 

Price was surprisingly low too, the other reason it was really tempted. Would have expected $20 or so, not $7-$8. 

Let us know how you like it, you faker!

I have Steam keys for the Year Walk and Last Inua. Quote this post specifying which game you want. No new accounts.
I'll gladly take Last Inua if you don't give it to Mr. No Face.

Dying Light final boss fight is QTE. Even worse than Risen's QTE boss fight. The other two 'boss' fights are made artificially difficult by stripping you of your weapons.
Space Marine's final boss fight is QTE.

I have actually beaten Space Marine.

Draw your own conclusions.

:whee:

Battlefield Hardline has an open beta from February 3 - February 8 for those wanting to try it. It does seem better than the closed beta and there are a lot of interesting additions but I am not sure how popular this title will be.

bread's done
Back