Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Who needs a case?

4mm6H8Z.jpg

That's not mine.
dude builds some amazing-looking, functional PC wall art and then uses those three shitty Samsung monitors hahah

Last edited by a moderator:
It posted on the first attempt! The new build is complete.
Bought Windows 10 from some Ebay guy for $3.50 and installed it via thumbstick. Was able to flash the motherboard bios via USB and it recognized the processor with no problems (the z370 boards need to be updated in order to recognize a 9th gen Intel cpu). It only took me about 1.5 hours during MNF last night to assemble everything. I'm lucky that there were no hardware issues or broken components since I've been slowly buying parts during the last three months. I really don't know much about building but everything went smoothly. The interwebs have so much help for everything you need.

It only took me about 20min. this morning to hook up the Corsair RGB Fan LED hub and the Corsair Commander Pro to the three Light Loop fans. The real bastard is the cable management. No idea what I'm going to do there.

2nd battlestation is fully operative.

20181127-124949.jpg

I'm not really going to touch it until this arrives and I can do a fresh install of Windows 10 on the NVMe drive. Couldn't pass this up once everything showed as working. In hindsight, that was the one mistake; not having the M.2 drive first.
Wow, the lighting on that case is fantastic. Congrats on building that PC without any issues. I also bought a 970 EVO and am waiting to get it in the mail, pretty big upgrade from my mechanical drive.

Bought Windows 10 from some Ebay guy for $3.50 and installed it via thumbstick. Was able to flash the motherboard bios via USB and it recognized the processor with no problems (the z370 boards need to be updated in order to recognize a 9th gen Intel cpu). It only took me about 1.5 hours during MNF last night to assemble everything. I'm lucky that there were no hardware issues or broken components since I've been slowly buying parts during the last three months. I really don't know much about building but everything went smoothly. The interwebs have so much help for everything you need.

It only took me about 20min. this morning to hook up the Corsair RGB Fan LED hub and the Corsair Commander Pro to the three Light Loop fans. The real bastard is the cable management. No idea what I'm going to do there.

2nd battlestation is fully operational.

20181127-124949.jpg

I'm not really going to touch it until this arrives and I can do a fresh install of Windows 10 on the NVMe drive. Couldn't pass this up once everything showed as working. In hindsight, that was the one mistake; not having the M.2 drive first.
Why didnt you buy the 1tb m.2 for $145?

Tempered glass, especially custom, is pretty pricey.  You should check to see if CM let's you order just that part as a replacement.  Some companies are cool like that, others not so much.  Otherwise, you might just leave it as is or put some colored saran wrap on there. 

Corsair carries the side panel but I didn't see the front panel on their site.  Might be worth contacting them since, if they carry one, common sense suggests they'd offer both.They do carry this Obsidian front panel from the 1000 model which might be the same (and why the 500 front panel isn't listed) but obviously you'd want to make sure first.

Edit: Definitely not the same as the 1000D is a much larger case.

The "good" news is that the front panel listed is $40 which isn't cheap or fun to buy but isn't ridiculous either.  You can get a solid panel just to cover it up for $10.

Anyone have experience transferring a warranty on a evga card?  Thinking of picking up a cheap ($130) 6gb 1060 mini for my itx project.

I know evga in theory allows it, just wondering how painful the process is.  Thanks

Back on topic...

Domino's is running their 50% off Menu Price pizza "sale".

As always, this is mainly a deal only if you like getting a size other than large.

So hey, at least you got the correct fans. Going to leave the front open?
Yeah man, that was the real concern. I wanted to get everything up and running to make sure that the fans were legit and that the Commander Pro and all the RGB components were working. They are.

I figured out how to unscrew the remaining glass fragments and have e-mailed Corsair support about buying a replacement glass front panel. So I hope they will sell one to me.

It's an expensive case that I got for only $176, and the seller is going to be refunding most of the payment. That's a huge win. So yeah I'm keeping the shitty case lol. Gonna get Cinderella ready for the big ball. The fans themselves cost a hundo for a 3pk, the commander pro is like 70, and the Obsidian 500D RGB case includes all of that. So what looks like a terrible deal for a new case on the surface actually turns out to be a pretty good setup if you can find one on sale for ~$200. It's $209 + shipping on the Corsair webstore right now. My goal was to find one for < $200 and I did. Hopefully Corsair will sell me a panel.

The Corsair iCue software that runs everything is very good too. That was kind of the dealbreaker between this case and the NZXT products with their terrible and intrusive CAM software.

Why didnt you buy the 1tb m.2 for $145?
I'm not sure which one you are referring to. But M.2 is just a form factor. Several of them run on SATA. What you want is a fast "NVMe" M.2 drive.
Even several budget NVMe's like the Inland, Intel, and the HP all run at half speed or slower speeds. The current deals on the Samsung 970 Evo are historical lows (look at the price chart) and the best value in NVMe drives. I bought the 500gb for 100 bucks. The only other ones that are kind of comparable value-wise that I have seen are the Adata 9000 series when they go on sale on Rakuten and with discounts, and I'm not really sure about the reliability of that brand.

Lots of people buy the cheaper HP's or the Intel 660s and don't realize that they perform like this.

Yeah, speeds don't matter mostly. Maybe you shave 1-3s off your startup. But the point is to have a fast boot drive, put a couple of your favorite games on there, and decrease your loading time. By that line of thinking, you might as well just bought a regular SATA SSD. I would have been looking at the 1TB Crucial MX500s and 1TB Samsung EVO 860s for ~$120 if that was the case. Which is the other route to go. Everyone is waiting for them to hit sub $100.

The SSD I have right now and just installed was a 500gb EVO 860. That was a great deal at $83 two months ago and even that turned out to be a mistake. People are buying them now for $60-75 either on sale, or with the google express promotions.

Prices on flash memory are crashing, and likely going to continue to crash, so you only buy an SSD when you need one. Most of the time it doesn't make any sense to be buying larger capacity SSDs. They are going to continue to get cheaper according to industry analysts. Those guys were spot-on correct back in August.

I'm not sure which one you are referring to. But M.2 is just a form factor. Several of them run on SATA. What you want is a fast "NVMe" M.2 drive.
Even several budget NVMe's like the Inland, Intel, and the HP all run at half speed or slower speeds. The current deals on the Samsung 970 Evo are historical lows (look at the price chart) and the best value in NVMe drives. I bought the 500gb for 100 bucks. The only other ones that are kind of comparable value-wise are the Adata 9000 series when they go on sale on Rakuten and with discounts, and I'm not really sure about the reliability of that brand.

Lots of people buy the cheaper HP's or the Intel 660s and don't realize that they perform like this.

Yeah, speeds don't matter mostly. Maybe you shave 1-3s off your startup. But the point is to have a fast boot drive; put a couple of your favorite games on there and decrease loading time. By that line of thinking, you might as well just bought a regular SATA SSD. I would have been looking at the 1TB Crucial MX500s and 1TB Samsung EVO 860s for ~$120 if that was the case. Which is the other route to go. Everyone is waiting for them to hit sub $100.
I think he's referring to the HP EX920 1TB, which is a nvme drive. Also pretty sure the reason you didn't get it is that it was only offered briefly last wednesday afternoon and your new machine specializes in fancy lights, not time travel.

I decided to go fancy pants and order Pizza Hut last night. I didn't know they were not running their "any pizza for $10" deal anymore. Why on earth would anyone pay $20 bucks for a large pizza from Pizza Hut?

I did end up buying it because I like to remind everyone I hate myself.

Even several budget NVMe's like the Inland, Intel, and the HP all run at half speed or slower speeds. The current deals on the Samsung 970 Evo are historical lows (look at the price chart) and the best value in NVMe drives. I bought the 500gb for 100 bucks. The only other ones that are kind of comparable value-wise that I have seen are the Adata 9000 series when they go on sale on Rakuten and with discounts, and I'm not really sure about the reliability of that brand.

Yeah, speeds don't matter mostly. Maybe you shave 1-3s off your startup. But the point is to have a fast boot drive, put a couple of your favorite games on there, and decrease your loading time. By that line of thinking, you might as well just bought a regular SATA SSD. I would have been looking at the 1TB Crucial MX500s and 1TB Samsung EVO 860s for ~$120 if that was the case. Which is the other route to go. Everyone is waiting for them to hit sub $100.

The SSD I have right now and just installed was a 500gb EVO 860. That was a great deal at $83 two months ago and even that turned out to be a mistake. People are buying them now for $60-75 either on sale, or with the google express promotions.

Prices on flash memory are crashing, and likely going to continue to crash, so you only buy an SSD when you need one. Most of the time it doesn't make any sense to be buying larger capacity SSDs. They are going to continue to get cheaper according to industry analysts. Those guys were spot-on correct back in August.
You wouldn't notice the difference between the $145 1TB https://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-EX920-M-2-1TB-PCIe-3-0-x4-NVMe-3D-TLC-NAND-Internal-Solid-State-Drive-SSD-2/382454374689?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

and yours for a couple dollars more

The Dell 27" g-sync is available now for $311 "open-box excellent" condition if you are a gambling man. I'd do it; you can always return it.
As someone who's had more than one of those panels, the screens have different revisions that is printed on the label on the outside of the box. There are less issues with rev. A07 and higher. It's highly probable you'll get an A04 or something open box.

..Or you could do what I did and purchased the 2yr "warranty" and exchange your lower revision for a new recent revision one. If anyone is buying try to nab an open box ebay listing as you can get 10% ebay bucks right now as well

As someone who's had more than one of those panels, the screens have different revisions that is printed on the label on the outside of the box. There are less issues with rev. A07 and higher. It's highly probable you'll get an A04 or something open box.

..Or you could do what I did and purchased the 2yr "warranty" and exchange your lower revision for a new recent revision one.
But if the newer revisions have issues why would you do that?

My Best Buy purchase was just delivered and it is an A09 (new not open box). They only offered a 4 year warranty for $49 though.

Is the Turtle Beach Recon 150 gaming headset a good low budget option? BB has it for $29.99 right now.

My screen is an A09.  I saw the open boxes when I ordered it but Syntax Error don't take no one's sloppy seconds.  The only eyes my monitor will know are mine.

My Best Buy purchase was just delivered and it is an A09 (new not open box). They only offered a 4 year warranty for $49 though.

Is the Turtle Beach Recon 150 gaming headset a good low budget option? BB has it for $29.99 right now.
I had a pair of Turtle Beaches and they were the most comfortable gaming headset I've worn, but they lasted a little over a year before the wires shorted or something.

Other cheap options you can look into:

Logitech 430 - $29.99 right now and has the virtual 7.1

HyperX Cloud Stinger - $39.99

I'm running the Mad Catz FREQ TE right now and I like them but the mute button doesn't really mute, just lowers the mic volume. Still, I only paid $30 and am happy. Just order from a place you can do easy returns if you don't like them.

Thanks Fox! I should have mentioned that my girlie head is quite small. How is the fit adjustment for the three models you mentioned?

Lies. Nobody buys physical discs anymore...
I bought a PC game from Walmart this weekend -- a game that activates on Steam. I was stunned when I opened the box and inside was an actual disc... with files on it! It actually installed from the disc. :pc:

Thanks Fox! I should have mentioned that my girlie head is quite small. How is the fit adjustment for the three models you mentioned?
I have a giant man head and a lot of headphones hurt my hears. I don't have experience with that particular logitech model, but I did try on a different similar model and I think it would fit on tiny puny heads fine. No experience with the HyperX but they are supposed to make some of the most comfortable headsets around. I wouldn't recommend the mad catz because it's back up $100, which I assume is the MSRP. I guess Mad Catz is back in business because they are the only ones selling it. I think the fit adjustment is good on them but they are a funky looking set and acquired taste. I think Sasquatch swears by the logitech headset but I have no idea what size his head is. I probably have a good guess, but you'd have to ask him.

I bought the Razer Kraken 7.1 and enjoy it. I have a large man head and large ears, so only over-ear headphones are comfortable for me. These swivel and are independently adjustable with telescoping mic. I'm in Canada at the moment, so I can't see what the price is in real American money, but I paid $50 last month on Amazon for mine. They were used - like new and may have been sneezed on. No lice.

2nd battlestation is fully operational.

20181127-124949.jpg

Good thing MNF was boring this week... Last weeks game would have been too distracting for me.

Completed Artifact today as in opened the game played the tutorial, opened some lootboxes and then sold everything I could for few euros of profit lol.

Good thing MNF was boring this week... Last weeks game would have been too distracting for me.
Last week I wanted to tear my hair out. I was up by 60 points and had Todd Gurley left to play. My opponent, the biggest shit-talker in our league, had Tyreek Hill, Robert Woods, and Leg-a-tron. Guess what happened?

I have a giant man head and a lot of headphones hurt my hears. I don't have experience with that particular logitech model, but I did try on a different similar model and I think it would fit on tiny puny heads fine. No experience with the HyperX but they are supposed to make some of the most comfortable headsets around. I wouldn't recommend the mad catz because it's back up $100, which I assume is the MSRP. I guess Mad Catz is back in business because they are the only ones selling it. I think the fit adjustment is good on them but they are a funky looking set and acquired taste. I think Sasquatch swears by the logitech headset but I have no idea what size his head is. I probably have a good guess, but you'd have to ask him.
I have the HyperX and also have a huge ass head. The headset itself feels a bit heavy and after an hour or so my neck starts feeling sore. Perhaps is just a posture issue, who knows, maybe I won't make it past my 20s.

I recently bought a Arctis 7 2019 and it won't fit my head very well even if i completely remove the adjustable strap.  Back to my hideous Corsair Void yellowjacket monstrosity, the only comfortable one i've found yet.

I recently bought a Arctis 7 2019 and it won't fit my head very well even if i completely remove the adjustable strap. Back to my hideous Corsair Void yellowjacket monstrosity, the only comfortable one i've found yet.
I have always had issues with the Arctis line of headset. For me, its not that they are too small around like some, but the ear cups don't come down far enough to sit comfortably without pulling upwards. They would really benefit from having adjustable earcup height like almost every other headset has.

richassgamer build/headset thread is not as fun as the pizza deals and digital game sales.  What happened to this place?

I have a $15, 7 year old pair of logitech headphones that work great for work and gaming.  They don't fit well on my head cause they were made for non average size people, but they work just fine.

I bought the Razer Kraken 7.1 V2 over the weekend. Everything was great until I tested the mic and it went from garbage quality to robotic and inaudible. Amazon's replacing it though so we'll see about my next one.

bread's done
Back