Steam Deals Thread V11 ~ Let's move along, people...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Seemed about time for a new thread, so here it is. Welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V11!

Daily Deal
Luftrausers - $9.99 $5.99

Yesterday's Deal
Metro: Last Light Complete Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Metro 2033 - $14.99 $3.74

Weekend Deals
Europa Universalis IV - $39.99 $9.99
Europa Universalis IV Extreme Edition - $44.99 $11.24 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis III Collection - 39.99 9.99
Europa Universalis III Complete - 14.99 3.74 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis: Rome - Gold Edition - 9.99 2.49
PAYDAY 2 - 29.99 9.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
PAYDAY™ The Heist - 14.99 4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]

Midweek Madness
Audiosurf 2 - $14.99 $8.99
Audiosurf - $9.99 $2.49
XCOM Complete - $49.99 $24.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]
Painkiller Complete Pack - $69.99 $13.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]

Weeklong Deals
Pool Nation - $9.99 $1.49
Booster Trooper - $4.99 $0.74
Zeno Clash - $9.99 $1.99
Thunder Wolves - $9.99 $1.99
Alien Breed™ Trilogy - $22.99 $11.49 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Two Worlds II - $19.99 $4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Titan Quest - Immortal Throne - $14.99 $3.74
Titan Quest - $14.99 $3.74
Sine Mora - $9.99 $2.49
Primal Carnage - $14.99 $3.74
Mirror's Edge™ - $19.99 $4.99
Hard Truck Apocalypse / Ex Machina - $7.99 $1.99
Guncraft - $14.99 $3.74
Expeditions: Conquistador - $19.99 $4.99
Alien Spidy - $9.99 $2.49
Violett - $9.99 $2.99
Dark Matter - $14.99 $4.49
Survivor Squad - $8.99 $2.96
Victoria II - $19.99 $6.79
Star Trek - $14.99 $5.09
Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition - $14.99 $5.09
Tiny Troopers - $4.99 $2.49
Spate - $9.99 $4.99
SimCity™ 4 Deluxe Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Litil Divil - $9.99 $4.99
Last Dream - $9.99 $4.99
KickBeat Steam Edition - $9.99 $4.99
Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
Dead Space Pack - $34.99 $8.74 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Earthworm Jim Collection - $19.99 $9.99
Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension - $34.99 $17.49
Desert Thunder - $9.99 $4.99
Construction Machines 2014 - $14.99 $7.49
Tower of Guns - $14.99 $8.24
PlayClaw - Game Video Recorder - $49.99 $29.99
Vox - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure II (Obscure: The Aftermath) - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure - $6.99 $5.24
Action Indie Pack - $14.99 $1.49
Geneforge Saga - $19.99 $3.99

Miscellaneous Deals (end time varies)
Cloudbuilt - $19.99 $9.19
Titan Quest Gold - $19.99 $4.99
Football Manager 2014 - $49.99 $12.5
Dracula Trilogy - $19.99 $9.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
The Wolf Among Us - $24.99 $16.74
MXGP - $39.99 $25.19
FX Eleven - $19.99 $9.99
Franchise Hockey Manager 2014 - $39.99 $19.99
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - $14.99 $6.00

Thread under construction, more to be added shortly...

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Motoki's cerebral cortex is a good place to start.

It's a little cramped in there with awful RPGs, visual novels and bad anime waifu commentary, but it's considered The Place To Be when looking for the hot news on Steam keys.

I tried Cheaplikeafox's brain once but ended up in the hippocampus where he thought excessively and obsessively about chicken.

Never again.
Haha I try really hard to follow it all and never miss a key from any source, even really obscure additions like Spirited Heart Desura keys finally getting added to the Groupees Winter Wolves bundle that like 3 people bought.

In a nutshell, Drabes was teasing him liking about male wrestlers and he got all homophobic, flipped the fuck out, said Drabes was harassing him, then flipped the fuck out to a mod thinking it would get Drabes banned but he got banned instead.

Pro tip: If you are going to complain about someone to a mod don't go crazy and include a ton of insults and profanity. Oh and spell check might be a good idea too.
Pretty much how I thought it went. Thanks, that takes a bit off my mind. :)

[quote name="Neuro5i5" post="11580254" timestamp="1393942024"]Sanity check...he also flipped out when being called a gorilla diaper. Because...yeah.

That is all.[/quote]
*mr gorilla diaper

South Park: Stick of Truth is getting good reviews. That's good news...with all the delays I was getting a bit worried until some of the previews were favorable. Can't wait til it's on sale for five bucks in 2 years  ;)

Edit: And looking at screenshots...holy cow did they nail the look of the show.

South Park: Stick of Truth is getting good reviews. That's good news...with all the delays I was getting a bit worried until some of the previews were favorable. Can't wait til it's on sale for five bucks in 2 years ;)
Yeah, when they broke around midnight I was tempted to get in on a last minute preorder... but my CAGgyness got the best of me so I went and Kickstarted a game instead. :D

(I know, I have no shame...)

South Park: Stick of Truth is getting good reviews. That's good news...with all the delays I was getting a bit worried until some of the previews were favorable. Can't wait til it's on sale for five bucks in 2 years ;)
Its Skyrim with farts

Edit: And looking at screenshots...holy cow did they nail the look of the show.
I'm mildy interested but nowhere near $50-60 interested. TBH I'm kind of incredulous people are paying that much for that game but I suppose the show does have its devoted fans and I guess Obsidian has some too.

Although based on past games it seems like it's better to wait a while before buying an Obsidian game anyhow, but maybe Ubi whipped them into shape this time. *shrug*

In any case way too rich for my blood right now.

You are a hero among men Sir.

TL;DR - there isn't one good place to check. The closest thing to it seems to be down all the time.
Just a follow up question, if a bundle provides only Desura keys for some of the games and you unlock it on Desura, then Steam keys become available, does Desura ever provide the keys or is it always going to be back on the bundle page?

Just a follow up question, if a bundle provides only Desura keys for some of the games and you unlock it on Desura, then Steam keys become available, does Desura ever provide the keys or is it always going to be back on the bundle page?
It could be either. Unfortunately there is no standard and you even have some developers doing oddball schemes like connecting your Steam account through Desura or them going to Valve and retro adding the Desura keys as activatible on Steam.

The preferred way among most seems to be having the keys to be distributed through the bundle sites and I tend to favor that myself in recent light of Desura post Linden Labs days, but the bundle sites are really wishy washy and hands off about enforcing that the keys come to them even when they claim it's in their contract that the developer has to provide keys.

In some cases the developer may also do the 'write to me to request a key' thing, though they really shouldn't need to do that unless the seller is refusing to add Steam keys.

Basically it's chaos. Valve didn't set a standard, the bundle sites aren't really enforcing one. Every case is different. Sometimes you get the key in advance from the bundle site prior to the Steam go live date and other times it takes a couple weeks, a lot of arguing and writing emails. :whistle2:/

*Edited to add: So don't give your Desura keys from bundles away because some developers will choose to distribute Steam keys through Desura.

Wow, you're not kidding. That'll knock down my original purchase price of $3.38 quite a bit! (Actually, I might have already paid for it with Exceed cards.)
I love when weeaboo stuff gets on Steam and has cards. The prices are always higher and if you choose to craft some of the emoticons and backgrounds go for crazy prices.

As an aside, Namco needs to get off their asses and add cards to Naruto. People would be all over that.

Top review of Vanguard Princess

image.jpg

Top review of Vanguard Princess

image.jpg
Well considering the crowd they are aiming for that is huge selling point.

*Edit: I tagged it with "No underwear". I tried "weeaboo" but that was unsurprisingly banned.

The bouncing titty sprites are wonderful and whatnot, but the actual fighting in Vanguard Princess seems awfully unintuitive.  They give you these big huge lists of combo moves and I can't seem to do any of them.  The random button mashing method doesn't seem to work either even on easy.  Maybe my thumbs just don't give a crap anymore.  I give it 3 upskirt shots out of 10.

The bouncing titty sprites are wonderful and whatnot, but the actual fighting in Vanguard Princess seems awfully unintuitive. They give you these big huge lists of combo moves and I can't seem to do any of them. The random button mashing method doesn't seem to work either even on easy. Maybe my thumbs just don't give a crap anymore. I give it 3 upskirt shots out of 10.
But did you try the free ecchi DLC?

Dark Souls just got added community stats http://steamdb.info/app/211420/#section_history

This means the game will have steam achievements/leaderboards, which means that the game will probably be moving from GFWL to Steamworks soon :)
It could also mean they are just starting to work on it (which could mean Dark Souls 2 PC is almost ready).

Bioshock 2 added this 7 months before release of steamworks version.

No, she's a Burmese or, well, maybe a Bombay. :) Or well as much as we can tell. She, like all of our cats, was adopted from shelters and not bought from a breeder so I seriously doubt she's a pure breed. Anyhow, she's very tiny, 99% black (she's got a few stray white colored hairs on her chest, like 5 or so on her right side, and white patch on her belly) black panther that loves to be the center of attention, sleeps under the covers/or sometimes on top of the covers, plays fetch, follows me around from room to room... and be held, petted, and while talk her head off its not happening.

Now, don't get me wrong... We play fetch when she wants to... She's still a cat after all. :D

Edit: Anyhow, I blew my PC today by patching my motherboard's firmware for, well, no good reason... It was just out of date. Anyhow, I'm really behind on the threads so I had to hijack one of your posts in this thread since you cannot quote the old thread. I hope that's cool. :)
^_^ One of my manx acted dog-like, he'd follow my dad around from room-to-room, sticking dog-like close to him.

At very least the 10 pence for 'Play for the first time' is very easy to get.
Unless you're a CAG....

GetGamesGo Daily Deal:

Hitman: Contracts - $3.49 (50% off)

Activates on Steam.

ITAD check shows this price is lowest historically.
I think it was a little cheaper on GF after it got pulled (non-steam). Nice catch.

It could also mean they are just starting to work on it (which could mean Dark Souls 2 PC is almost ready).

Bioshock 2 added this 7 months before release of steamworks version.
Honestly, I don't care if it's "soon" I'm just glad to see it's happening. GFWL threatens to take down too many good games with it.

Tower of Guns just released. It's 33% off ($10.04) for launch.

If you bought it from IGS, keys have been available. If you've already redeemed yours you can now install it or idle for cards.

I'm going to list these Vanguard Princess cards at 50 cents each, and hope that for as many bundlers there are flooding the market with cheap cards, there are more who will pay hefty prices for anime JPEGs. I have a history of making bad decisions with cards, so I would advise everyone else to put me on ignore.

^_^ One of my manx acted dog-like, he'd follow my dad around from room-to-room, sticking dog-like close to him.
I have a cat with Manx-like body shape and a typical pointed Siamese coloration. She's somewhat dog-like in her behavior, hanging around me quite a bit. She's also a bit territorial and has more than a little mean streak. Anyone comes over, she tries to fool them into getting close and then attacks. We have to warn everyone to stay away. She doesn't play fetch.

Our other cat is also Manx and is not at all similar. Anyone comes over and she'll hide for a good couple of hours. Heck, you walk into a room where she is and she'll take off running. She does play fetch, though.

I'm going to list these Vanguard Princess cards at 50 cents each, and hope that for as many bundlers there are flooding the market with cheap cards, there are more who will pay hefty prices for anime JPEGs. I have a history of making bad decisions with cards, so I would advise everyone else to put me on ignore.
Crafting for emoticons and backgrounds might be the better way to go at this point. I managed to unload a couple of those cards at the 30-70 cent range before the flood of bundle buyers hit and it all went to hell. I'll check back later and see what the crafted junk is going for. *shrug*

I have a cat with Manx-like body shape and a typical pointed Siamese coloration. She's somewhat dog-like in her behavior, hanging around me quite a bit. She's also a bit territorial and has more than a little mean streak. Anyone comes over, she tries to fool them into getting close and then attacks. We have to warn everyone to stay away. She doesn't play fetch.

Our other cat is also Manx and is not at all similar. Anyone comes over and she'll hide for a good couple of hours. Heck, you walk into a room where she is and she'll take off running. She does play fetch, though.
Only one of my four Manx was like that. I've seen some fleeting fetch behavior, but nothing I'd quite describe as such. My classic (apple-head) seal-point Siamese was very much the cats' cat that they're supposed to be. She also had the best communication skills of any of my cats (and highest demonstrated intelligence).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back