Steam Deals Thread V11 ~ Let's move along, people...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Seemed about time for a new thread, so here it is. Welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V11!

Daily Deal
Luftrausers - $9.99 $5.99

Yesterday's Deal
Metro: Last Light Complete Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Metro 2033 - $14.99 $3.74

Weekend Deals
Europa Universalis IV - $39.99 $9.99
Europa Universalis IV Extreme Edition - $44.99 $11.24 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis III Collection - 39.99 9.99
Europa Universalis III Complete - 14.99 3.74 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis: Rome - Gold Edition - 9.99 2.49
PAYDAY 2 - 29.99 9.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
PAYDAY™ The Heist - 14.99 4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]

Midweek Madness
Audiosurf 2 - $14.99 $8.99
Audiosurf - $9.99 $2.49
XCOM Complete - $49.99 $24.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]
Painkiller Complete Pack - $69.99 $13.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]

Weeklong Deals
Pool Nation - $9.99 $1.49
Booster Trooper - $4.99 $0.74
Zeno Clash - $9.99 $1.99
Thunder Wolves - $9.99 $1.99
Alien Breed™ Trilogy - $22.99 $11.49 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Two Worlds II - $19.99 $4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Titan Quest - Immortal Throne - $14.99 $3.74
Titan Quest - $14.99 $3.74
Sine Mora - $9.99 $2.49
Primal Carnage - $14.99 $3.74
Mirror's Edge™ - $19.99 $4.99
Hard Truck Apocalypse / Ex Machina - $7.99 $1.99
Guncraft - $14.99 $3.74
Expeditions: Conquistador - $19.99 $4.99
Alien Spidy - $9.99 $2.49
Violett - $9.99 $2.99
Dark Matter - $14.99 $4.49
Survivor Squad - $8.99 $2.96
Victoria II - $19.99 $6.79
Star Trek - $14.99 $5.09
Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition - $14.99 $5.09
Tiny Troopers - $4.99 $2.49
Spate - $9.99 $4.99
SimCity™ 4 Deluxe Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Litil Divil - $9.99 $4.99
Last Dream - $9.99 $4.99
KickBeat Steam Edition - $9.99 $4.99
Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
Dead Space Pack - $34.99 $8.74 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Earthworm Jim Collection - $19.99 $9.99
Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension - $34.99 $17.49
Desert Thunder - $9.99 $4.99
Construction Machines 2014 - $14.99 $7.49
Tower of Guns - $14.99 $8.24
PlayClaw - Game Video Recorder - $49.99 $29.99
Vox - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure II (Obscure: The Aftermath) - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure - $6.99 $5.24
Action Indie Pack - $14.99 $1.49
Geneforge Saga - $19.99 $3.99

Miscellaneous Deals (end time varies)
Cloudbuilt - $19.99 $9.19
Titan Quest Gold - $19.99 $4.99
Football Manager 2014 - $49.99 $12.5
Dracula Trilogy - $19.99 $9.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
The Wolf Among Us - $24.99 $16.74
MXGP - $39.99 $25.19
FX Eleven - $19.99 $9.99
Franchise Hockey Manager 2014 - $39.99 $19.99
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - $14.99 $6.00

Thread under construction, more to be added shortly...

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Checkout Lucky Star.

I've been playing Dirt 2, which I've found to be awesome and will be sad to see go down with GFWL.
I already watch Lucky Star. I watch it daily. It's sort of become my go to anime to be used as a palatte cleanser. Either when I'm feeling down or when other anime, games, movies or T.V. shows leave a bad taste in my mouth. So it's to be said I have left it on all day today after that Modern Warfare 3 crap. I also regularly watch School Rumble, Azumanga Daioh and Ah! My Goddess for the same reasons.

I already watch Lucky Star. I watch it daily. It's sort of become my go to anime to be used as a palatte cleanser. Either when I'm feeling down or when other anime, games, movies or T.V. shows leave a bad taste in my mouth. So it's to be said I have left it on all day today after that Modern Warfare 3 crap. I also regularly watch School Rumble, Azumanga Daioh and Ah! My Goddess for the same reasons.
Have you seen My Bride is a Mermaid?

Really Big Sky really big sucks
Objectively, totally, completely wrong.

Says the kitty with holly in her mouth.
It's always winter in my heart.

Oh, in regards to my comments about a new PC build from last week, where's the better place to get stuff from, Amazon or Newegg? I'm considering selling some of my physical game collection for gift card balance from either site, I just want to know which one has the better discounts. (I'm in California so I get stiffed with sales tax and their "this item is poisonous!!1111" tax either way.)

I have a Prime trial at Amazon, so there's that...
Amazon Returns >> Newegg returns. I'm in Kali too.

Given his (non-existent) profile status, it looks to be a perma(IP?)ban.
Sa... the workings of CAG reminds me of GG... the impermanence of permanence.

+1 on the hard drives. I've had both Newegg and Amazon ship them poorly but Amazon's customer service is head and shoulders above Newegg when it comes to returns.
This.

Ouran Highschool Host Club?
The live drama of it is good too.

Objectively, totally, completely wrong.
I'd have a better opinion if only I could actually see what the hell was going on in the screen.

I find bullet hell games easier than RBS. Because at least there I can see where stuff is and the screen isn't covered in stupid lens flare. :|

This is a kind of somber way to inaugurate a new thread. Anyone play any good games lately?
Yeah, just blasted through Nazi Zombie Army 2 with my friend who was kind enough to capture all the headshots I beat him to and upload it to Youtube:

http://youtu.be/beIBw2Kn9YQ

So March should be "Many as you can March", where you try to finish as many short games as possible to look cool n tuff n shit ;)
I was going for 60, but sure.

Yeah, just blasted through Nazi Zombie Army 2 with my friend who was kind enough to capture all the headshots I beat him to and upload it to Youtube:

http://youtu.be/beIBw2Kn9YQ

I was going for 60, but sure.
That got an audible giggle out of me. Nice.

Tebow lives on in our hearts and our spanks.
The next time I'm with a girl and she wants spankings, it will be done in Tebow's honor.

Guacamelee: Gold Edition. Hands down one of my favorite Steam games. Got it from Humble Bundle Indie 11 Bundle. (BTW tomorrow is the last day to get this one). The gameplay is akin to Super Metroid and Castlevania with River City Ransom and Double Dragon ingredients mixed in.
I just started Guacamelee tonight - it's as good as I'd hoped it would be. The style and music are both terrific and it seems fairly easy so far. I see lots of places I can't go yet, so I'm keeping a mental list.

Shit, I accidentally clicked today as my birthdate in Steam client and now I can't view State of Decay page. How to I fix this shit?

Ah restarting steam fixed it.

Does this game still have any major issues? I don't care about keyboard/mouse stuff, controller 4 life.

Imagine if accidentally clicking that locked you out of playing mature games. If this was a Nintendo system it would, and you'd have to buy another system and sign up under a different name!

Guacamelee: Gold Edition. Hands down one of my favorite Steam games. Got it from Humble Bundle Indie 11 Bundle. (BTW tomorrow is the last day to get this one). The gameplay is akin to Super Metroid and Castlevania with River City Ransom and Double Dragon ingredients mixed in.
I just started Guacamelee tonight - it's as good as I'd hoped it would be. The style and music are both terrific and it seems fairly easy so far. I see lots of places I can't go yet, so I'm keeping a mental list.
I was slightly underwhelmed by Guacamelee myself. I do love the style and particularly the music, and I like that the writing is smart enough to get the job done while being charming and not taking itself too seriously. Gameplay-wise though I think I might have just played too many Metroidvanias (and brawlers too, for that matter). Although it used to be one of my favorite genres, and Guacamelee does it well, I just felt like it was too-familiar territory for me. Only the setting and style have any real freshness. But that's just my take; I know most people enjoyed it. I'll get around to finishing it soon myself. I somehow feel like I've gotta complete this one before I advance to the next title in my backlog.

Does this mean the headaches will stop?
no, the Steam sales will continue to suck.

Cat Husband?

Oh, in regards to my comments about a new PC build from last week, where's the better place to get stuff from, Amazon or Newegg? I'm considering selling some of my physical game collection for gift card balance from either site, I just want to know which one has the better discounts. (I'm in California so I get stiffed with sales tax and their "this item is poisonous!!1111" tax either way.)

I have a Prime trial at Amazon, so there's that...
whatever place is cheaper.

Okay, tebow just messaged me on Steam. He doesn't know why he was banned. He sent me his last post in the Humble Bundle thread, and while it was a doozy, it wasn't out of the ordinary for him and I didn't see any bannable offense. He also doesn't know how long he's banned for; it sounds like he didn't get a message from a mod or anything. He wanted me to pass on the following messages (please don't ban me, mods):

icedragon15 seduce Barbie Blank!: yes motaki stop being hater
cyrus386: haha ok
cyrus386: anything else?
icedragon15 seduce Barbie Blank!: terlll idiot thatu need me that eveyrone needs tebow

:D
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:23729]
I'm sad that tebow got banned. My main source for likes is gone :whistle2:(
so everyone is going to lose like 25 likes a day. a sad day indeed.

I wonder how many times I've been reported. They should have that in your profile right under your 'like' count.
at least 112 times by me.

I need something awesome and nonsensical.
d8694bc39b6f71d858cddc29b3ea3bc5.jpg

RIP in peace tebow
I had to put him on ignore because he was giving me dyslexia, but he was one of the cheapest fucks on this website, and for that i salute him.
Spock_vulcan-salute.png

Alright, it's time to let you all in on the joke

tebow was my alt account
ftfy so you don't get banned

Shit, I accidentally clicked today as my birthdate in Steam client and now I can't view State of Decay page. How to I fix this shit?

Does this game still have any major issues? I don't care about keyboard/mouse stuff, controller 4 life.
Did it have any major issues other than that? Idiot has been playing it non stop since he bought it.

Major issues? I've run into some pathing glitches, as in, a follower couldn't follow me correctly, ended up teleporting down a level or something. Another time a survivor was supposed to be gathering supplies for a mission and got stuck against something; I nudged her and she continued the gathering. You'll also see zombies clip through walls sometimes, though that's just aesthetic, doesn't affect gameplay.

So eh, all in all it's pretty solid. For how complex of a game it is and how much is going on, it's relatively bug free. KB/M works totally fine for me too, no problems whatsoever.

Anyone actually try Receiver yet? I've always been slightly intrigued.
It's an interesting "concept" but that's where it should've stayed.

Avoid.

Edit: State of Decay

I bought it on Early Access when it first launched (Hi Fox!) and it had a number of issues. It wouldnt tab-out easily, the visuals seemed... odd (there was like a dark haze over everything), and there were a lot of collision detection problems.

That said, most if not all seem to be fixed. I had no issue with the gameplay, it was the graphical side that looked broken to me and it was pleasing to see that it's been seemingly fixed.

The game itself is also very good, it's easy to lose yourself in it. Recommended. Idiot's minireview sums it up nicely.

It's not a perfect game but it's exactly what I wanted from a zombie survival game, and to my knowledge there's nothing comparable to it at present.

Worth it at 50% off or better.

Manx cat? (tail-less).
No, she's a Burmese or, well, maybe a Bombay. :) Or well as much as we can tell. She, like all of our cats, was adopted from shelters and not bought from a breeder so I seriously doubt she's a pure breed. Anyhow, she's very tiny, 99% black (she's got a few stray white colored hairs on her chest, like 5 or so on her right side, and white patch on her belly) black panther that loves to be the center of attention, sleeps under the covers/or sometimes on top of the covers, plays fetch, follows me around from room to room... and be held, petted, and while talk her head off its not happening.

Now, don't get me wrong... We play fetch when she wants to... She's still a cat after all. :D

Edit: Anyhow, I blew my PC today by patching my motherboard's firmware for, well, no good reason... It was just out of date. Anyhow, I'm really behind on the threads so I had to hijack one of your posts in this thread since you cannot quote the old thread. I hope that's cool. :)

Weeklong Deals

Emergency 2014 - $29.99 $10.19
Kinda want Emergency 2014, but I don't know if I can justify spending 10 bucks on it (even if it is card money). I can count on one hand the number of games that I've bought through steam which I paid more than 10 bucks for. And it feels like the MSRP should be around $10-15 for this game anyway.

Plus I have this nagging feeling that 2 months after I buy it, it's gonna show up in a bundle stars or indie gala bundle.

Excellent, and it didn't seem like it took too much work to get them posted, either, how about that? Now to remember this for when I get home from work.
Well there was a moment where someone from Indie Royale was claiming they didn't have the keys after One Way Heroics said they sent them days earlier, but clearly that was a miscommunication. Also they (Indie Royale, not the devs) could have gotten the keys up a bit faster than they did since they sat on them for a few days, but most of that was the weekend so I guess there's that.

All in all not a bad scenario compared to some others. Still IR/Linden should really check before telling people they don't have keys because it makes the developer look bad. I don't recall that sort of left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing thing happening in the pre-Linden days.

I think I sort of have an idea of what Tebow did to get banned...  I don't know for sure but we sort of talked a bit over Steam about some issues he was having on the forum.

I'm not going to talk about it... but I am curious if anyone knows if there's a place you can go on the steam website to see your chat messages (not the client) for a good length of time?

So for all of these bundles that add Steam keys, do you normally get an email from them about it if you purchased that bundle? Or do I need to dig through all my old bundles to see if keys got added?

So for all of these bundles that add Steam keys, do you normally get an email from them about it if you purchased that bundle? Or do I need to dig through all my old bundles to see if keys got added?
I don't think I've ever gotten an email... but I don't do too many bundles that aren't steam keys already.

Speaking of bundles adding keys Vanguard Princess Steam Keys are now available for Groupees Let's Build A Doujin Bundle 2 buyers.

Last edited:
I think I sort of have an idea of what Tebow did to get banned... I don't know for sure but we sort of talked a bit over Steam about some issues he was having on the forum.

I'm not going to talk about it... but I am curious if anyone knows if theirs a place you can go on the steam website to see your chat messages (not the client) for a good length of time?
In a nutshell, Drabes was teasing him liking about male wrestlers and he got all homophobic, flipped the fuck out, said Drabes was harassing him, then flipped the fuck out to a mod thinking it would get Drabes banned but he got banned instead.

Pro tip: If you are going to complain about someone to a mod don't go crazy and include a ton of insults and profanity. Oh and spell check might be a good idea too.

I don't think I've ever gotten an email... but I don't do too many bundles that aren't steam keys already.
A few times Groupees mentioned keys being added in passing in one of their newsletters but it was buried way the hell down at the bottom near the fine print. Most times they don't even do that.

Beyond just word of mouth the best resource current for checking these things is probably here: http://igbwiki.com/wiki/Keys_Added

Sort by "Key added" twice to show the order in descending from most recent down.

IGBW has been down a lot lately so you can check the old site at http://indiegamebundle.wikia.com/wiki/Keys_Added but it seems it does not get as updated as the new, and more frequently down, site.

Kaisertroll maintains a thread at SPUF but he's been bad about updating the OP lately http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3101992

Carlmundo's Steam group has a thread you can sub to for updates but they don't always catch everything.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/whosgamingnow/discussions/1/846963165480369228/

Reddit game deals meta usually posts PSAs when keys are added but they don't always catch everything either.

http://www.reddit.com/r/GameDealsMeta/new/

TL;DR - there isn't one good place to check. The closest thing to it seems to be down all the time.

In a nutshell, Drabes was teasing him liking about male wrestlers and he got all homophobic, flipped the fuck out, said Drabes was harassing him, then flipped the fuck out to a mod thinking it would get Drabes banned but he got banned instead.
Sanity check...he also flipped out when being called a gorilla diaper. Because...yeah.

That is all.

Motoki's cerebral cortex is a good place to start.

It's a little cramped in there with awful RPGs, visual novels and bad anime waifu commentary, but it's considered The Place To Be when looking for the hot news on Steam keys.

I tried Cheaplikeafox's brain once but ended up in the hippocampus where he thought excessively and obsessively about chicken.

Never again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back