Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
star.png

General Haul-Post criticism.... I like the haul posts that just list the games and the total... I find tacking-on the price to the stuff to be distracting, and we all know what the sale prices are/were. (Yes, that applies to you Putin supporters too, though as least that info isn't as redundant.)
I like knowing when people overpaid, it's fun.

In celebration of the new thread I'm giving away the following bundle leftovers.

RUSH - Taken

Metal Planet - Taken

PM me which one you want, first come first serve.

I bought a bunch of stuff.

But I'm playing Shovel Knight on 3DS.

Somebody slap me.

In other news, I just finished my move to my dad's house!  I never thought I'd be living with my parents ever again after I moved out after college, yet it's great spending time with my parents before my wife and I leave for China next month.  My desktop will be rusting in his garage for the next two years.... hope my laptop can handle my favorite intensive Steam games, like Defender Quest and Faerie Solitaire.

1.  Goat Simulator 
2.  Goat Simulator

I didn't buy Goat Simulator until 30 minutes after the sale ended because it was still on sale at Amazon and I had some GC.  If it shows up in a bundle tomorrow then I'm going to be a little sad.  I think we still have some time for it to go down to 50% off, then 66% and then 75% though before it gets bundled.  This is going to really hurt if I see it in a humble tomorrow.  Oh well.  The girlfriend was interested, and any time she shows interest in a game it's a must buy.

1.) What game did you buy during the sale that would hurt the most if it were to be bundled imminently?

2.) What game did you NOT buy during the sale for fear of said imminent bundle?
1) Grim Dawn

2) Not really based on bundle fear so much, but Transistor (even though I really want it). Realistically, I won't get around to playing it before the next sale and it's a lock to drop a good deal in price by then.

Is steam online? I keep getting 
Error Code: -102
Unable to connect to server. Server may be offline or you may not be connected to the internet.

When I go into the steam desktop program. 

Alright, my post is safe to look at now.

Feel free to enjoy reading what the newbie bought.

To wrap up the Summer Sale and start looking to the future, let's answer these 2 simple questions:

1.) What game did you buy during the sale that would hurt the most if it were to be bundled imminently?

For me, Shadowrun Returns would fit #1, because I had no interest in it prior to the sale. Could've waited until a bundle, even though I have been enjoying what I've played of it. I skipped Gunpoint at 75% off pre-sale hoping that it'll hit a bundle soon.
1) Rayman Legends, Baldur's Gate Series, anything from EA or Capcom or the AC Series. I really didn't buy anything from Squeenix, partially to avoid that.

2) Shadowrun Returns (I really want that DRM-free version as a bonus), most of the $1 or less stuff, Gone Home, Rogue Legacy, Spelunky, Steamworld Dig, Long Live The Queen, Brothers, How To Survive, Mars: War Logs, They Bleed Pixels and Cloudbuilt.

The reason being is I own a number of those on another platform. The others just either don't interest me enough or are too clearly destined for bundling.

I know Papers Please is probably destined for a Humble, but I'd have bought it for $2.50. I originally passed on Unepic and World of Goo because they'd been bundled before, but I ended up regretting it.

Playfire banned you
Nope figured it out. I downloaded and installed Enhanced Steam for the desktop. That was causing the problem. I was having problems accessing it through the web too. I uninstalled it and it started to work again.

Anyway, I haven't used steam for about a month and I don't play online. So, there is nothing I could have done something wrong to get banned in the first place.

Who is Playfire anyway?

To wrap up the Summer Sale and start looking to the future, let's answer these 2 simple questions:

For me, Shadowrun Returns would fit #1, because I had no interest in it prior to the sale. Could've waited until a bundle, even though I have been enjoying what I've played of it. I skipped Gunpoint at 75% off pre-sale hoping that it'll hit a bundle soon.
1) ummm insaniquarium deluxe, but even then i only paid 2.50 for it so itd be more of an annoyance than heartbreaking

2)pac man adventures, rymdkapsel and to a lesser extent unholy heights. i would have picked up UH anyway if it wasnt only 20% off though....really i wouldve picked up several games if some of my wishlist had hit 75 or even 66% off

Haul

Sine Mora

Castle Crashers

Shadowrun Dragonfall

Call of Cthulhu: The Wasted Land

Swarm Arena

Talisman Digital Edition

Battleblock Theater

Beat Hazard + Ultra DLC

Blackguards

Baldur's Gate 2 EE

Space Hulk

Gifted to me:

C-Rush

Savant - Ascent

GoG

Jade Empire

Magrunner (free)

Total: $36.95

So what's the general consensus on purchasing from resellers?  I see quite a few members trading with TF2/Dota Keys or going through one of the fellas in the trade thread.  I go through Krug quite a bit myself.  Do you feel there's any risk involved like getting your account suspended or banned?

So what's the general consensus on purchasing from resellers? I see quite a few members trading with TF2/Dota Keys or going through one of the fellas in the trade thread. I go through Krug quite a bit myself. Do you feel there's any risk involved like getting your account suspended or banned?
If you're getting ROW/WW keys, and they're not stolen, you should be fine. (I use Krugozor a bunch, myself.)

If seasonal CAGs are gone, does that mean those who remain are seasoned? This hypothesis is defended by Ashes, who has become decidedly salty.

So what's the general consensus on purchasing from resellers? I see quite a few members trading with TF2/Dota Keys or going through one of the fellas in the trade thread. I go through Krug quite a bit myself. Do you feel there's any risk involved like getting your account suspended or banned?
Stick to people with lots of rep, preferably people you're already friendly with.

In regards to Steam gifts:

Can you get banned? Provided you aren't using a VPN or any exploit to redeem games you shouldn't be, no. The seller can, not you.

Can your game get revoked or region-locked so you can't play it? Yes.

In regards to Steam keys:

Can you get banned? It's possible, but unlikely. Avoid resellers like G2A and stuff and you should be fine.

Can your game get revoked or region-locked so you can't play it? Absolutely.

While figuring out how many were on each team made this nice graph about how many games steam users have.

If you can see bar representing your game count, you buy yourself new game, you deserve it.

Cumulative so higher counts are included on lower counts.

eg. There are 14 867 277 users who have one game. (80 371 482 - 65 504 205)

81 users millionaires have 3230 or more games.

9197 have 890 games or more.

HxGI3f1.png

And as for teams:

Code:
Steam Summer Adventure 2014 - Purple Team     879 643

Steam Summer Adventure 2014 - Pink Team     877 974

Steam Summer Adventure 2014 - Red Team         877 623

Steam Summer Adventure 2014 - Blue Team     877 405

Steam Summer Adventure 2014 - Green Team     876 804

Came for the star, and decided to answer:

1) Either Naruto Ninja Storm or Outlast. I wanted both games anyway, but was hoping for cheaper than what they were. It'd sting if either were bundled and I could have saved that money.

2) Several, but probably Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons was the primary one.

9197 have 890 games or more.
Being part of the 0.2%. makes me feel special. Kinda. No, not really.

And some of the people who have over 3000 games more than likely won past steam contests as I remember a few gave every game in Steam's library. Can't remember when the last one was though.

1) Payday 2, mostly because i have a 4 pack sitting on my inventory.

2) Spelunky, Valdis, Shadow Warrior, Ms. Splosion Man, Zomboid, Teslagrad, Super Puzzle Plataformer, Astebreed, Epic Battle Fantasy, Super House of Dead Ninjas, Broforce, Gunhound Ex, Max: The Curse of Brotherhood, The Banner Saga, Stick it to the Man... Yep my wishlist is full of indies.

1) Tomb Raider. I know the Humble Square Enix bundle is a mostly a running joke at this point, but I'm not going to lie, it would sting if it actually happened. I would say Shadowrun Returns like everyone else, but I've already played (and enjoyed) that game enough that I won't mind if it gets cheaper. Tomb Raider, meanwhile, went straight into the backlog.

2) Cloudbuilt. It's one of those games where I won't know if I'm interested until I actually play for a little while, and just enough people were calling "bundle fodder" that I passed on it. If it never gets bundled, oh well, I have plenty of other games to play.

Apogee pack huh...might throw some cardbux at that if it's not just slapped together.
dem pixels. Where is fuck ing Raptor: Call of the Shadows and Wacky Wheels??!!!

When does the Steam Summer Sale start?
I swear to god, this sale was so bad I feel like we didn't even have a summer sale. I actually had more fun buying bundles from Indigala over the last month than this shiz.

1. I mostly tried to stay away from stuff that was likely to be bundled, but I suppose Gunslinger, since it has been before.

2. Shadowrun, Gone Home, Steamworld Dig, Cloudbuilt, Papers, Please, Gunpoint, Race the Sun, Dyad, Eador, Cook, Serve, Delicious, and any number of Japanese SHMUPs.

2) Not really based on bundle fear so much, but Transistor (even though I really want it). Realistically, I won't get around to playing it before the next sale and it's a lock to drop a good deal in price by then.
My thoughts exactly. I can't tell you how many times I pulled up the store page for this game during the 48 hours it was on sale. Then scouring the cesspool for Russians, then pricing out keys, then deciding I wouldn't play it right away so I can try and kill some backlog before it hits 50% during the snowball sale.

1.) There are only a couple of games I bought that are bundle candidates -- at least likely to be in a bundle along with other games I don't own. The one that would hurt the most is Goat Simulator. It also happens to be one of the most expensive games I bought.

I bought Goat Sim because it seemed funny and my kids all wanted to watch me play. NOTE: turn off the EXPLICIT CONTENT option if you have any kids watching you play. Didn't do it. Didn't know. Whoops.

2.) I skipped everything that looked like a bundle game, with the exception of those I didn't. I got burned by several games during Winter Sale, so I was a bit more cautious this time around.

Where did those figures come from?
Steam API. Gives owners of badge for a certain level.

Game badges has game count as level.

(Team badges have level of points earned + 1) 0 points = level 1, 1 point = level 2.

Limit is that you need to know someone who has the badge in question. (public profile)

Edit:

I checked with SteamBox badge and it reports 297 owners. So someone stole three. :D

So the old thread broke 10K in a month, huh? Glad I decided not to try to follow it during the sale, that would have just made my head hurt.

Congrats!
Thanks.

In honour of the occasion, I've decided to hold a series of 5 contests.

Pfft. Who cares? I bet all you'll be giving out are bundle leftovers. I probably already have all of them.
Well, that's where you're wrong. Since there aren't many doubles I have that you guys don't already have, I decided that each contest will instead have a cash prize!

Really? What? Is it like 5 cents?
Nope. To fit in with the theme of 1000 games, I've decided the total cash pool for the contests will be 1000 pennies.

But you just spent $150 on the Summer Sale! Aren't you tired of spending money?
That's part of why the contests will be spaced out during the week. Also, it will give different people, including the new seasonals, a chance of winning.

That's cool. So what's today's contest?
I'll be announcing today's contest at 5:35* p.m. EDT. (about 8 minutes from now). So everyone can have a few minutes to prepare.

Good luck!

Congrats! What was the one thousandth game?
It's funny you ask. Today's contest is simple.

Guess my 1000th game. If you're the first to do so, you win $1.

Whoever guesses why I picked it as my 1000th game also wins $1. The same person can win both categories.

Hints:

1) It's not as simple as looking at my user activity and counting backwards. I redeemed a number of keys today and they don't show up on the activity feed. That said, I will say the answer is somewhere on my activity feed.

2) The answer to "Why?" has been posted. I know most of you don't bother reading what I write, but if you have, and you remember, it should be an easy $1. :)

To cut down on duplicate entries feel free to post your guesses in-thread.

Edit: 1 guess per person.

Hints:

1) It's not as simple as looking at my user activity and counting backwards. I redeemed a number of keys today and they don't show up on the activity feed. That said, I will say the answer is somewhere on my activity feed.

2) The answer to "Why?" has been posted. I know most of you don't bother reading what I write, but if you have, and you remember, it should be an easy $1. :)
Don't have you as my friend on steam so I can't see your activity. But, going to guess:
1.Long live the Queen,

2.You always wanted to be a queen

lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back