Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
It's funny you ask. Today's contest is simple.

Guess my 1000th game. If you're the first to do so, you win $1.
0URvqHx.png

^^
One of these. Now where's my money?

Whoever guesses why I picked it as my 1000th game also wins $1. The same person can win both categories.

Hints:

1) It's not as simple as looking at my user activity and counting backwards. I redeemed a number of keys today and they don't show up on the activity feed. That said, I will say the answer is somewhere on my activity feed.

2) The answer to "Why?" has been posted. I know most of you don't bother reading what I write, but if you have, and you remember, it should be an easy $1. :)

To cut down on duplicate entries feel free to post your guesses in-thread.
Daikatana.

Because for 14 years you've been waiting for John Romero to make you his bitch.

To wrap up the Summer Sale and start looking to the future, let's answer these 2 simple questions:

1.) What game did you buy during the sale that would hurt the most if it were to be bundled imminently?

2.) What game did you NOT buy during the sale for fear of said imminent bundle?

For me, Shadowrun Returns would fit #1, because I had no interest in it prior to the sale. Could've waited until a bundle, even though I have been enjoying what I've played of it. I skipped Gunpoint at 75% off pre-sale hoping that it'll hit a bundle soon.
1) Given my list - looks like NONE. I didn't really buy anything super-duper expensive.

2).Gone Home + Shadowrun Returns.

My fear is not really that of "imminent bundle", though. That's one fear, but there's something else worse - since I don't wanna wait too long for these games.

My real fear was that of "HB Store sells them both w/ Steam-keys + DRM-FREE downloads."

My fear of buying Shadowrun Returns from Steam was HB Store would sell it not too long later for that $4 or so price - and I could've and would've been mad that I just could've waited a bit and bought it from HB Store so I could also have a DRM-FREE version.

(SRR on Steam does have CEG, AFAIK).

About Gone Home - I kinda goofed. Probably should've bought that from Steam - since it's said the Steam-version doesn't have CEG or any 3rd party DRM.

Alright, the reason has been been sort of guessed but not in this topic. It's technically wrong, but if no one comes close, I'll take it.

The game is still up for grabs because multiple guesses get you disqualified, just remember that everyone only gets one guess.

Alright, the reason has been been sort of guessed but not in this topic. It's technically wrong, but if no one comes close, I'll take it.

The game is still up for grabs because multiple guesses get you disqualified, just remember that everyone only gets one guess.
Worms Collection.

B/c Steam made you open up a big can of worms, buying all the stuff you bought during the Summer Sale. ;)

To wrap up the Summer Sale and start looking to the future, let's answer these 2 simple questions:

1.) What game did you buy during the sale that would hurt the most if it were to be bundled imminently?

For me, Shadowrun Returns would fit #1, because I had no interest in it prior to the sale. Could've waited until a bundle, even though I have been enjoying what I've played of it. I skipped Gunpoint at 75% off pre-sale hoping that it'll hit a bundle soon.
1. Pacman Champions DX +/Pacman Museum or FF7/8

2. Practically any indie game that was on sale.

Oh, to that bundle question:

1) State of Derpcay... would irk me if this were in a bundle, even in the $6+ tier.

2) Avoided Shadowrun because I feel bundling is imminent... and also it's just not that good.

Daikatana.

Because for 14 years you've been waiting for John Romero to make you his bitch.
Lol, no.

PAC-MAN

Cause you talk about it endlessly in the Amazon thread?
I did? When?

Are you sure you're thinking of me?

Also, no. Though you're guessing two games, I guess. For the sake of argument, I'll pretend you guessed Championship DX+.

Worms Collection.

B/c Steam made you open up a big can of worms, buying all the stuff you bought during the Summer Sale. ;)
Good guess. If I hadn't picked up this game, I'd probably have had one of the Worms games be my 1000th.

Whoever guesses why I picked it as my 1000th game also wins $1. The same person can win both categories.

Hints:

1) It's not as simple as looking at my user activity and counting backwards. I redeemed a number of keys today and they don't show up on the activity feed. That said, I will say the answer is somewhere on my activity feed.

2) The answer to "Why?" has been posted. I know most of you don't bother reading what I write, but if you have, and you remember, it should be an easy $1. :)

Edit: 1 guess per person.
1) AvP Classic 2000

2) First game played on first gaming PC perhaps?

1) Skyrim Legendary.

Because honestly that's the most likely thing to be bundled in the near future that I bought from the Steam sale, and the only other thing that I bought that might ever be bundled I'm okay paying extra for, on account of how I've already played it for 53 hours.

2) Nothing really (I basically never buy games I expect to bundled eventually outside of bundles) but I suppose I might have been tempted to buy Papers, Please if it had hit $1, though I'd have still held off since it's all but guaranteed to be in HIB 12 or 13.

Hints:

Edit: 1 guess per person.
1. Aliens vs Predator Classic 2000

2. Fond memories playing it with father or family

So, w/ E3 2014 is done (a while back) and now the Steam + GOG Summer Sales are done, does that mean I can actually go back to playing some damn games? ;)

Oh, to that bundle question:

1) State of Derpcay... would irk me if this were in a bundle, even in the $6+ tier.

2) Avoided Shadowrun because I feel bundling is imminent... and also it's just not that good.
So, what actually IS good to *you*?

1) AvP Classic 2000

2) First game played on first gaming PC perhaps?
Ugh, you were close. The reason was that the sequel was my first online multiplayer game (and it was on my first non-shared PC, though it wasn't really a gaming PC), and that I played it for a few years.

1. Aliens vs Predator Classic 2000

2. Fond memories playing it with father or family
You're close in a different way. The other reason is that I met my first girlfriend on the sequel, and I did have fond memories of playing with our "family".

If you're both okay with it, would you just wanna split the prize? SecretSquirrel technically has the closest guess on category #2.

1) maybe Shadowrun if I don't begin playing it soon

2) Rogue Legacy

Talisman is a great, wonderful rendition of a truly garbage board game. Throw some dice, make no meaningful choices, then good things or bad things happen to you, everyone else laughs or fumes. Laughter subsides about 45 minutes to an hour in and then it's all downhill from there.

This crap's more rigged than the refs setting up a NBA game! ;)
I wish it was rigged. That way I wouldn't have the headache of dealing with technicalities giving me 3 separate winners. :wall:

Anyways, contest's over. Sorry it was such a mess. I'll put a better one together next time.

Ugh, you were close. The reason was that the sequel was my first online multiplayer game (and it was on my first non-shared PC, though it wasn't really a gaming PC), and that I played it for a few years.

You're close in a different way. The other reason is that I met my first girlfriend on the sequel, and I did have fond memories of playing with our "family".

If you're both okay with it, would you just wanna split the prize? SecretSquirrel technically has the closest guess on category #2.
Spoder can spoder my half. I'm just in it for the glory!

If religion has taught me anything, it's that you cut a dollar in half and mail each of them half of it.  Then they'll feel foolish for being so damn greedy.  

Edit:

Seems like Xealot42 has shown he's the weakest of the bunch and flinched first.  This just means he loves the dollar the most so he should really be the one to get it.  

That would be so fantastic. But you're right; if true, this could put a real dent in key trading. Which I am perfectly alright with.

That would be so fantastic. But you're right; if true, this could put a real dent in key trading. Which I am perfectly alright with.
Not me. Buying cheap keys with RL money made for even cheaper prices. Trading Steam wallet just means everything will be more expensive. Especially since I am running out of potential games with cards. End of an era. RIP TF2 Keys.

Depends whether or not Valve takes a cut of wallet trading.

If they don't, thank fucking god, the nightmare is over.

If they do.... well, it'll probably be cheaper just to buy keys.

Dammit the link won't start at the spot I posted so just FF to 1:23
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhaotrCTgqo&feature=youtu.be&t=1m23s[/media]

Last edited:
Did you miss the giant 5.0% transaction fee in the pictures?
I did. It was in a foreign language so I didn't bother reading into it.

Anyways, what's the current % Valve takes for listing keys on the market?

I'm assuming this is a response to people like me buying their TF2 keys not on Steam, thus denying Valve their cut.

I did. It was in a foreign language so I didn't bother reading into it.

Anyways, what's the current % Valve takes for listing keys on the market?

I'm assuming this is a response to people like me buying their TF2 keys not on Steam, thus denying Valve their cut.
5% Devs take 10.

Last edited:
Not me. Buying cheap keys with RL money made for even cheaper prices. Trading Steam wallet just means everything will be more expensive. Especially since I am running out of potential games with cards. End of an era. RIP TF2 Keys.
Another option for sellers to under spodercut one another is fine by me. I got a few really good discounts from random traders looking to beat out everyone else for a fraction of their profit. And the prospect of getting to use my bundle fodder bux directly on the foreign markets is tantalizing, to the say the least.

Another option for sellers to under spodercut one another is fine by me. I got a few really good discounts from random traders looking to beat out everyone else for a fraction of their profit. And the prospect of getting to use my bundle fodder bux directly on the foreign markets is tantalizing, to the say the least.
The only way this will serve to allow people to undercut each other is if you manage to find people who will sell you steam wallet at a discounted price. People who want to convert card money to paypal or amazon or whatever. If that leads to people undercutting themselves then great, but I really doubt it.

The only way this will serve to allow people to undercut each other is if you manage to find people who will sell you steam wallet at a discounted price. People who want to convert card money to paypal or amazon or whatever. If that leads to people undercutting themselves then great, but I really doubt it.
I just hope it leads to people cutting themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back