Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Who the fuck keeps $11k in their Steam wallet?!
Peter-Moore-bald-EA.jpg

If seasonal CAGs are gone, does that mean those who remain are seasoned? This hypothesis is defended by Ashes, who has become decidedly salty.
Salt is a flavor enhancer, not a seasoning. It pulls out the juices and natural flavors from the food and emphasizes their effect on your tongue. It shouldn't season or change the taste, it just amplifies what's already there.

Cool, didn't know the name of the guy who ran the Early Access program. I should send him a thoughtful email about how much I enjoy the program and everything he's brought to Steam.
No - he's w/ Electronic Arts, not Steam.

These guys run Early Access... ;)

ea-dice-mirrors-edge.jpg

Salt is a flavor enhancer, not a seasoning. It pulls out the juices and natural flavors from the food and emphasizes their effect on your tongue. It shouldn't season or change the taste, it just amplifies what's already there.
So then what do I taste when I eat salt alone? Am I tasting myself?

The only way this will serve to allow people to undercut each other is if you manage to find people who will sell you steam wallet at a discounted price. People who want to convert card money to paypal or amazon or whatever. If that leads to people undercutting themselves then great, but I really doubt it.
I was thinking more like sellers offering their wares for only several cents worth of profit.

I have to ask, why would this change all of sudden motivate a seller to self-impose a drastic cut in profit/salary?
It already happens. This would just make it easier.

Where key trading is limited by tod's, ref, and other whatevers that tf2 spits out, actual steam bux trading would allow for sellers to undercut each other by smaller and smaller percentages until someone out there is making .10 cents profit per purchase. It's a stupid way to sell, but people do it, and they're the ones I look for.

Harvester is probably the best game I'll play all year. I got stuck just as the stream was ending though. Hopefully I can figure out what to do tomorrow night. The random cutscenes are great.

I know! The urge to spontaneously masturbate is making it really hard to read this thread everytime he pops up.
It takes very little. A slight breeze in the summer sun is enough. It's why I don't go out much.

Last edited:
To wrap up the Summer Sale and start looking to the future, let's answer these 2 simple questions:

1.) What game did you buy during the sale that would hurt the most if it were to be bundled imminently?

2.) What game did you NOT buy during the sale for fear of said imminent bundle?
1. Papers Please. I'm pretty sure it's going to get bundled soon.

2.Shadowrun Returns. Although in addition to bundle fear I also kind of want to wait for them to finish releasing all the DLC so I can buy a complete edition for cheap.

I like this new feature since I don't use paypal. Jumping through an extra hoop of finding cheap keys causes me to skip out on good deals that I can now buy on impulse.

I got Shadowrun which so far is pretty cool even if the mechanics are simplistic.

Regret is dynasty Warriors because I bought it thjnking ROTK and basing it on hope. Instead it's crappy chinese action fighter. Played 30 minutes, did not care for lu bu or anyone else in game.

To fit in with the theme of 1000 games, I've decided the total cash pool for the contests will be 1000 pennies.

That's part of why the contests will be spaced out during the week. Also, it will give different people, including the new seasonals, a chance of winning.
$10 over the course of the week for answering trivia questions about you?

You realize you could have just given away 34 copies of Defy Gravity Extended if you had just planned this thing a little better? Or 1000 copies of Metro Last Light?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back