Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
So... this happened.

8zIyXQP.png

I think I just made a deal with the devil... But for Naruto on PC? Totally worth it.

Only downside is someone else knows my username now. :wall:

But in all seriousness, I'm pretty grateful. I know you can't read this because you're banned, but thank you.

So... this happened.

I think I just made a deal with the devil... But for Naruto on PC? Totally worth it.

But in all seriousness, I'm pretty grateful. I know you can't read this because you're banned, but thank you.

OQzpM7k.gif

So... this happened.

8zIyXQP.png

seem pretty ungrateful to compare him with the devil.. the spankdragon offer good trade deal and only OCCASIONALLY want to spank ppl.

Need help w/what to play next again...

1) Tomb Raider 2013

2) Borderlands 2

3) Risen 1

4) Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth

5) Psychonauts

I've received 2 coupons, but don't need either of them. I'll just buy the next amazing russian GG deal from Motoki. He lives at a McDonalds in Russia.

I justed passed 800 games on Steam Today. Woooohoooooo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OH5tKu6lis4

sunasun said:
one of heshe's many pearls of wisdom
Crazy.png

you too can join her and drink the magical kool-aid and join the great Sun vagina in the sky.
fuck me tebow has a sister. I withdraw all further questions and consider myself lucky to have escaped relatively unscathed by the madness.

fuck me tebow has a sister. I withdraw all further questions and consider myself lucky to have escaped relatively unscathed by the madness.
how dare you insult the great tebowdragon.. Her perfect grammar is the evidence that him and her are not related.

I can't decide if I want to take the plunge on Gothic Universe auuugh. I actually liked Two Worlds 1 and Fable, if those games are similar, but it being a game series that from what I've heard shows its age AND is "pretty hard" is holding me back >-<

I can't decide if I want to take the plunge on Gothic Universe auuugh. I actually liked Two Worlds 1 and Fable, if those games are similar, but it being a game series that from what I've heard shows its age AND is "pretty hard" is holding me back &gt;-&lt;
i didn't know people existed that liked two worlds 1

I can't decide if I want to take the plunge on Gothic Universe auuugh. I actually liked Two Worlds 1 and Fable, if those games are similar, but it being a game series that from what I've heard shows its age AND is "pretty hard" is holding me back &gt;-&lt;
&lt;Two Worlds series vs. Gothic series&gt;

Gothic series is MUCH better than 2W (Two Worlds) series on certain things - especially on the immersion factor, story-telling + character development stuff. Gothic is also much harder and way more hardcore than the Fable series + 2W series ever dared to be, as well.

2W series just has better controls than Gothic, namely - mostly for the combat. Plus, w/ the 2W series - you can get really addicted to the crafting systems - 2W1 had it w/ the potion crafting; but especially in 2W2 w/ its additional weapon crafting + magic system. It has this Diablo-type of addiction w/ its crafting and upgrading system.

&lt;My thoughts on Gothic 1 + 2 + 3&gt;

I think Gothic 1 is the best game in that franchise, IMHO. It was so fresh, so different, so new, and seeing such excellent AI behavior - there was nothing like it when it came out. Great game. Though, final cliffhanger ending - was the right ending, but felt too abrupt for me and could've been expanded on a bit.

While I did like Gothic 2 a lot and thought it was very good, a lot of my minor complaints from the original game were magnified times 10 here in the sequel (lack of mouse-look, performance issues galore back in the day when it was out on many PC's, over-used voice-actors for main + side characters that don't even change their voice-style per characters, cliffhanger ending in the base-game, and the list goes on).

Gothic 3 is a technical disaster - even w/ all the Community Patches. Underneath it, lies a great game. If they could even knock out all the issues, the game could be great. But, I don't think that'll ever happen - it would require an even more massive overhaul than what we already have. And that game's probably too big for its own good, anyways - as also the map + journal are bare minimum here and just not super useful; especially in a game this huge.

If you don't own Gothic 1 + 2, you really should get them - especially if you love RPG's; and especially hardcore type of RPG's.

Onto 2W series...

&lt;2 Worlds series&gt;

I think 2W1 (Two Worlds 1) has the "this is so bad, it's good factor" - namely, I'm talking about how poor the story-telling, dialogue, and actual writing is. 2W2 (Two Worlds 2) improved on this stuff quite a bit, to say the least. Unfortunately - when 2W1 came out, while the game was jaw-dropping and gorgeous to look at - the game just flat-out ran like garbage on most PC's - thank God for Best Buy's Sale on it, where it was only ONE Penny. :D As for 2W2 - it ran much better when it came out, on the technical side; and again, the game was just flat-out gorgeous to look at.

and HATED two worlds 2. i dont know how this happened to me
I think 2W2 is much more serious than 2W1.

If you wanted serious - well, you probably liked 2W2.

2W1 has that "so bad, it's good" charm w/ its horrible writing, storytelling, and dialogue.

Personally - I preferred 2W2's major improvement in the story-telling, writing, dialogue, and presentation.

Also, 2W1 can feel much more open and allow for more decision-making than 2W2 allows. I think by making the game lock-off quests, areas, and less decision-making things like it did - it made 2W2 upon release WAY less buggy, in nature. 2W2 just really didn't have too much decision-making, when compared to its previous game 2W1.

Personally - I think 2W2 is the much better game, in pretty much every regard. It's one of the most improved sequels in a game series that I've ever seen. 2W2 still falls just quite a bit short of greatness, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back