Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Speaking of leeching off parents, I bought a computer desk today from someone who was selling it to make room for a larger one. Her 13 year old son (which is a big kid, 6 feet tall and kind of hefty, really he should be playing football) is going to go to a multi-monitor setup. She works in tech support to, so she's relatively tech savvy.

So, I ask him what size monitors he is going to be using and he replies "probably 32 inch". His mom says "that's going to take up a lot of wall space". Then she says "I'll probably get him what he wants". My mom wouldn't let me play with the old C64 with a broken drive I had to fix that no one was using, I had to hide it at the back corner my upper bunk-bed. We got these other kids whose parents are like you need 96 inches of display area? Sure son, what ever you need.
Kids these days...

But really, instead of bitching about kids these days...

Why didn't you tell her "Hey, he'd probably get a lot more productivity for a similar price out of dual 24" monitors. I know... Call of Duty isn't as cool on one 24" as it is on 32," but he can have multiple spreadsheets open or browsers with IDEs at the same time!"

If she's going to buy her son a bunch of shit, anyway, get him some shit he can use when he's grown up and needs to depend on it.

Because honestly Call of Duty with a 24" and watching Django Unchained all the live long day is why I bought a dual monitor setup to begin with.

1379204681797.png

So, I ask him what size monitors he is going to be using and he replies "probably 32 inch". His mom says "that's going to take up a lot of wall space". Then she says "I'll probably get him what he wants". My mom wouldn't let me play with the old C64 with a broken drive I had to fix that no one was using, I had to hide it at the back corner my upper bunk-bed. We got these other kids whose parents are like you need 96 inches of display area? Sure son, what ever you need.
I would hope that he's getting some super-high-res monitors at that size... 1080p at 32" is just moronic (in 99.8% of cases) when you're sitting at a desk.

I would hope that he's getting some super-high-res monitors at that size... 1080p at 32" is just moronic (in 99.8% of cases) when you're sitting at a desk.
It sounded absurd to me, but I didn't want to interrogate them too much. I can't blame the kid for asking for something like that though, if I got what I wanted at his age I'd have lived off of pizza and played Super Nintendo all day.

Hey now, fakeybro is onto something here. Bungie are allergic to PC these days, and Destiny is Halo Phantasy Star Online basically, so it needs an online player base. The downside of being a part of the elite PC master race is that we are few, and multiplayer game player bases dwindle so quickly.

Still would be glorious for Destiny to come to PC, though... Just for those gorgeous graphics.

I'm pretty excited for the new features too. I might hold out until the Steam Winter Sale to see if I can get at least 25% off, but I doubt I'm going to want to wait much longer. I love the customizable league feature. The only downside to the next-gen port is that MyPlayer is a scripted storyline, I was kind of hoping that they'd fix that crap this year. That's one mode I'm not going to play until it goes back to the way it was in last-gen.
I've pre-ordered it on PC almost every year bruh haha, since its usually the stripped down $30 version on release for PC anyways. I was thinkin' I'd hold out this year and maybe not even cop but once I heard it was a full next-gen port I pre-ordered lol, $48 pre-launch ain't too bad I think for the full thing. MyGM looks incredible for sure man, Association has always been one of my favorite linear modes. MyPlayer I play a lot of course so I'll still check it out regardless, the scripted shit I'm kind of neutral on as long as the presentation is right and the gameplay is still solid. MP is just hella time consuming lol.

Actually my biggest concern is wanting to play on the highest graphics settings, but my laptop has become outdated (Lenovo Y470, 2011) as I checked the recommended stats on systemrequirementslab. i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20GHz with a NVIDIA GT 550M, lots of FPS drop and just starting to show its age. Mad that I can't change them out either since they're soldered into it. Not really looking to PC game or game in general like that anymore so might just invest in a next-gen system to play casually.

back in my days when we wanted to use the computer we had to run to the library which was 5 miles away and an uphill walk both ways! then when we got to the library we had to blow the librarian just for the privilege to even boot the computer up. kids these days...
At least you had libraries and computers in your day. In my day, we had to run...for fun...and that's it.

Yeah I forgot to check Firefox. It is different in Chrome. Odd.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WebKit

Both Chrome and Steam use WebKit to render stuff. Firefox uses Gecko, so they won't render stuff the same.

Speaking of leeching off parents, I bought a computer desk today from someone who was selling it to make room for a larger one. Her 13 year old son (which is a big kid, 6 feet tall and kind of hefty, really he should be playing football) is going to go to a multi-monitor setup. She works in tech support to, so she's relatively tech savvy.

Maybe he's pretty good at school. Or maybe he's in sports. Maybe he does deserve that monitor.

Or maybe he's just a spoiled kid, who knows. :p

Hey now, fakeybro is onto something here. Bungie are allergic to PC these days...

<snip>
That's b/c they (Bungie) hung out w/ Microsoft during their XB phase. ;)

It'll be interesting to see if or when Destiny comes to the PC - since Activision usually puts their high-profile titles these days normally on multiple platforms.

Personally - I think it'll be a matter of "when", if the rumors that Destiny might've costed around $500M for both development + marketing were actually true.

<snip>

...and Destiny is Halo Phantasy Star Online basically, so it needs an online player base. The downside of being a part of the elite PC master race is that we are few, and multiplayer game player bases dwindle so quickly.

Still would be glorious for Destiny to come to PC, though... Just for those gorgeous graphics.
PC is the home for the "always-online" game anyways - so, yeah, I definitely see a market for it on the PC.

And yes - I bet that game would look sweet on some modern-day PC hardware.

At least you had libraries and computers in your day. In my day, we had to run...for fun...and that's it.
In my day, running hadn't been invented yet. The fastest mode of transport was a sort of sideways shuffle with lots of looking back and blowing really hard to propel you forward. Now every kid in town has a camel and a crossbow, and they can watch Rand Paul's State of the Union on their Google Testes while creaming corn on their wifi toilets. What a world!

back in my days when we wanted to use the computer we had to run to the library which was 5 miles away and an uphill walk both ways! then when we got to the library we had to blow the librarian just for the privilege to even boot the computer up. kids these days...
It was worth it to play those Learning Company games though.

Rockstar put LA Noire on sale again.  Hey if you want to sell more copies, put the complete version under $5 ie. $3.75 or $4 and watch people buy.

Rockstar put LA Noire on sale again. Hey if you want to sell more copies, put the complete version under $5 ie. $3.75 or $4 and watch people buy.
It's five bucks... in South America. Mexico, at least.

Base: 3.74

DLC: 2.99

Complete: 4.60

Reon will be playing Destiny also, ask him y he didnt just stick to a pc ;p

Have fun with that shitty Dead Rising 3 port, hahahahahaha

from DIgital Foundry(ouch)-

Unfortunately, our enthusiasm dampened a bit after testing when it became clear that the highest possible settings are essentially only a match for the original Xbox One release.

LA Noire is good. But for $6? Get real.

(Heh. Heh heh heh...)

Reon will be playing Destiny also, ask him y he didnt just stick to a pc ;p

Have fun with that shitty Dead Rising 3 port, hahahahahaha

from DIgital Foundry(ouch)-

Unfortunately, our enthusiasm dampened a bit after testing when it became clear that the highest possible settings are essentially only a match for the original Xbox One release.
You could've actually provided Eurogamer's DF vs. DR3PC link, you know:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-vs-dead-rising-3-pc

BTW - we can get around the 30 FPS cap, as Dan Stapleton of IGN points out:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/09/04/dead-rising-3-apocalypse-edition-review

The biggest difference is that it's noticeably better looking, thanks to the ability to run at full 1920x1080 resolution and, if you make a simple tweak to an .ini file in the Dead Rising 3 directory, can run with an uncapped frame rate.

(Create a text file and rename it to “user.ini”, then paste in: “gmpcr_unlock_frame_rate = True” with no quotes. Place it in the same folder as deadrising3.exe before running the game.)
EDITED - thanks to Madjoki's info (see post below me):

At least we don't have to do too much DLC chasing.

The PC version comes equipped w/ DR3 base-game + ALL most of the DLC right out the gate.

And I damn sure will not buy ASAP - wait for inevitable damn-cheap Steam sale, as always.

I got enough of backlog to catch up on, for now.

At least we don't have to do DLC chasing.
The PC version comes equipped w/ DR3 base-game + ALL DLC right out the gate.

And I damn sure will not buy ASAP - wait for inevitable damn-cheap Steam sale, as always.

I got enough of backlog to catch up on, for now.
Nope. PC version is missing one DLC "Super Ultra Dead Rising 3 Arcade Remix Hyper Edition EX Plus Alpha Prime", that is likely sooner or later getting PC port.

You're all just mad that snakeybro can afford to leech off his parents for all the video games he wants
i want alot of stuff but aint getting it so i want to buy snaeky bro parents and then i get what i want my parents will never do heeh iuse money from relatives but not enough hehe

You could build a beast of a PC, put in some parts, and get a 4K monitor - so you can run games like Ryse PC at max. ;)
yes i would having gaming laptop and desktop i put in my sister room that she move out hahhai just start my own busienss with that money hehe mysterd will be mail person ehehe mns will be something falt8ii y will be graveyard clena up shift guy ... thati t for now

Since we are talking about upgrades what do you guys think about Nvidia skipping 800 and going to 900 (Rumor) for the GPUs? I have been waiting for the new cards to upgrade my GTX580 SLI setup.
I think it's one of those annoying times where it's best to wait and see for a month. Prices on AMD cards over here (UK) have been gradually dropping over the last few weeks, wonder if we'll see similar for Nvidia.

I think it's one of those annoying times where it's best to wait and see for a month. Prices on AMD cards over here (UK) have been gradually dropping over the last few weeks, wonder if we'll see similar for Nvidia.
Maybe it's just (bit/lite/doge/etc)coins dying? Nvidia is useless those, so miners use AMD GPU's.

Maybe it's just (bit/lite/doge/etc)coins dying? Nvidia is useless those, so miners use AMD GPU's.
They are indeed dropping, which is fine and expected for cryptocurrency of hypothetical value. Only five types of GPU-related Scrypt currencies are higher than BTC, even though it's much cheaper to build a SHA-256 farm.

I definitely think we will see a price drop unless the cards don't beat the current cards so people will not have a reason to upgrade. That is why I skipped to 600 series and just waited so long now I can wait longer for the 800/900 series whatever they will be called.

Gonna need a gaming pc to play those hot indies
MysterD has a gaming PC to play mostly AAA titles.

And it's no secret - I mostly play AAA titles.

While I do have a good deal of Indies - for some reason, I just never play a fair deal of them.

Though, I gotta admit - Cognition Ep 1 + 2 were a very nice surprise of an adventure-game, despite its short-comings (i.e. sometimes the writing, dialogue, and voice-acting wasn't always that great).

MysterD has a gaming PC to play mostly AAA titles.
And it's no secret - I mostly play AAA titles.

While I do have a good deal of Indies - for some reason, I just never play a fair deal of them.

Though, I gotta admit - Cognition Ep 1 + 2 were a very nice surprise of an adventure-game, despite its short-comings (i.e. sometimes the writing, dialogue, and voice-acting wasn't always that great).
Lame

What a sucker, snakeybros' mom bought him 3 of these

71AMdf-j5HL._SL1500_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-UN75ES9000-75-Inch-1080p-240Hz/dp/B0074FGZYO/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1410131180&sr=8-3&keywords=72+inch+monitor

Hopefully someone will have a 42 inch or larger 60Hz 4K TV on sale this holiday season. If so I'm going CF in my setup.

@rudieboy77

your avatar looks like a cross between Burger King and King Diamond

is that supposed to be Count Feedback of the goth band eternal damnation?

So uh, anyone know if you can idle for cards on two different accounts, using a shared IP address? I want to idle the rest of my cards on my main account but still have a few cards leftover on some of my alts (which I idle through a VM.) :whistle2:k

So uh, anyone know if you can idle for cards on two different accounts, using a shared IP address? I want to idle the rest of my cards on my main account but still have a few cards leftover on some of my alts (which I idle through a VM.) :whistle2:k
There's no rule against having multiple Steam accounts, and there's definitely no rule against multiple accounts on/via the same IP address.

Family/flatting/CGNAT are all reasons that there'd be multiple accounts showing from a single IP, so I doubt there's anything in place to limit or block idling on multiple accounts at once (provided you have multiple computers.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back