Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Daily Deal
Fight the Dragon - $14.99 $8.99

Weekend Deal
Viking: Battle for Asgard - $14.99 $3.75
Total War Battles: SHOGUN - $4.99 $1.24
Total War: SHOGUN 2 - $29.99 $7.49
Empire: Total War™ - $19.99 $4.99
Napoleon: Total War™ - $14.99 $3.74
Rome: Total War™ - Alexander - $4.99 $1.24
Medieval II: Total War™ - $14.99 $3.74
Rome: Total War™ - $9.99 $2.49
Goat Simulator - $9.99 $5.99

Special Promotions
Pixel Hunter - $4.99 $0.99
Electronic Super Joy - $14.99 $2.99
Ground Pounders - $12.99 $6.49
Wooden Sen'SeY - $9.99 $4.99

LOL

Dumbasses.
lol jerks they braindead or computerdead oh wait all of it plus mac are lame so drabe years ago washac is selfish generation jerk hehe. maybe i should go there and do some um... thingys piss off some macs like ea hammer of dumbass on wrestlezone console ego peasents lol

There are some amusing/clueless Steam haters on Amazon too, but's been ages since there was a reason to go there for games.

Nope, there are already 4 user made maps in the in-game store up for sale, $1.99 each.

edit: Which makes me wonder how difficult it'd be for someone to buy, then just toss up on a filesharing system, and other players could just download and toss in the appropriate folder. Not sure how elaborate their scheme is, but I still think it stinks to lock down the Workshop.
I will buy 0 user-made maps for $2. Good luck with that, HPE. I will, however, buy any DG2 official map packs that they put on sale on Steam.

I tried The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing for the first time and I like it.  Didn't know it was gonna be that type of game, and also have online Co-op.  Wish I bought extra Humble Jumbo 2 bundles, no one is selling it in the Steam Buy/Sell/Trade thread!

Lilly Looking Through

https://www.humblebundle.com/downloads?key=KEArqdesxM4MZb38

Ballpoint Universe - Infinite

https://www.humblebundle.com/downloads?key=8w538kucMTvaDCmw

The King of Fighters XIII Steam Edition

https://www.humblebundle.com/downloads?key=tEYzCXSCNyWXqGBr

Terraria

https://www.humblebundle.com/downloads?key=usSKWvH2MUrEvfkH

PixelJunk Eden

https://www.humblebundle.com/downloads?key=tEyGaKH526fsCcFA

I will buy 0 user-made maps for $2. Good luck with that, HPE. I will, however, buy any DG2 official map packs that they put on sale on Steam.
I definitely won't pay $2, but if they some how come out with a significant, well-reviewed map pack for cheap I might go for it.

What I don't get, is how they think Steam will let them do this. AFAIK doesn't Valve have a rule about DLC sold by devs, but not being in the Steam Store?

I tried The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing for the first time and I like it. Didn't know it was gonna be that type of game, and also have online Co-op. Wish I bought extra Humble Jumbo 2 bundles, no one is selling it in the Steam Buy/Sell/Trade thread!

Ballpoint Universe - Infinite
Thank you!

The Evil Within PC version is recommending systems have 4 GB of VRAM:

http://www.bethblog.com/2014/09/25/the-system-requirements-within/

I'm curious what the hell the bare minimums req's will be...

The Evil Within PC requirements + some console version info

Note: We do not have a list of minimum requirements for the game. If you’re trying to play with a rig with settings below these requirements (you should plan to have 4 GBs of VRAM regardless), we cannot guarantee optimal performance.

Recommended PC System Specifications

• 64-bit Windows 7/Windows 8
    i7 with four plus cores
  • 4 GBs RAM
  • 50 GB of hard drive space*
  • GeForce GTX 670 or equivalent with 4GBs of VRAM
  • High Speed Internet Connection
    Steam account and activation
*It’s worth noting that the 50 GB of space required is for the PC install. When the installation is complete, the game will take up ~41 GB of HDD space.

Speaking of space (and by your request), here are the install sizes for the console versions of the game.

• Xbox One — 40 GB HDD Space
  • PlayStation 4 — 40 GB HDD Space
  • PlayStation 3 — 7 GB HDD Space
  • Xbox 360 — 7 GB
    Note: The Evil Within requires a mandatory install to the Xbox 360’s HDD or a USB 2.0 (or higher) flash drive.

Shouldn't you be happy that "Steam account and activation" are only recommended. ;)
Given that it's a BethSoft game, where pretty much most games from Bethesda since Brink have required Steam, I'd guess The Evil Within PC will flat-out require Steam.

EDIT:

AAA release OMG, shitty optimization YAY, shitty port double YAY
Well, Id Tech 5 certainly ain't the most optimized engine, by any means...

New Releases

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter- $19.99

911: First Responders- $4.99

Roadside Assistance Simulator- $12.74

The Sacred Tears TRUE- $9.99

Driving School Simulator- $11.99

Pyrite Heart- $4.49

I got an early copy of Neverending NIghtmares and its pretty good so far. Very creepy and spooky, kinda like the Shining. WIll post more impressions later.

I definitely won't pay $2, but if they some how come out with a significant, well-reviewed map pack for cheap I might go for it.

What I don't get, is how they think Steam will let them do this. AFAIK doesn't Valve have a rule about DLC sold by devs, but not being in the Steam Store?
As long as it uses Steam to process the payments, there are several games that sell DLC directly through the game itself. Steam only disallows sending you to another site entirely to purchase add-ons and process payments.

Thinking of upping last week's Humble purchase to $10 to get Prison Architect. Is it just a sim game? Nothing more?
I hate sim games, but was able to put over 12 hours within the first week of buying from Humble Bundle. I only played 1 prison with medium level prisoners. In my opinion, the game is worth $10 even if the developer decided to stop working on the game tomorrow.

In the main game you can work on getting grants. They require you to complete various tasks such as have x amount of prisoners pass general education class or building your prison to hold 500 prisoners. You get money for completing them, some give money for starting them. As you complete them, more unlock with better rewards. So it is kind of like a campaign, but more open.

There is some workshop content that add campaigns I think. I haven't tried any yet. I downloaded one where you have to counter a zombie outbreak. Also saw some Star Trek, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, and all sorts of crazy stuff. Some of those might have only been skin mods though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back