Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
wait.. are u trying to tell me that AC: Black Flag Gold contain AC Freedom Cry while the AC4+Season Pass doesn't?

i thought Season pass include EVERYTHING?!??! what else is included in Gold and not in Season Pass? :wall:
The Season Pass includes the Freedom Cry expansion. The Aveline missions are gold/playstation exclusive.

I seem to have a handful of game keys with notes attached to them saying that they may not work. I also have a few that definitely do work and I just want to get rid of them. Let me know if keys are dead or you take them and I'll edit them out.
Used this fly'n code QBLE3-L8EC2-NH7CP

wait.. are u trying to tell me that AC: Black Flag Gold contain AC Freedom Cry while the AC4+Season Pass doesn't?

i thought Season pass include EVERYTHING?!??! what else is included in Gold and not in Season Pass? :wall:
Season Passes DO NOT always contain EVERYTHING.

Always check the listings + compare them.

AC4: Black Flag - Season Pass:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/260950

Basically, AC4 Season Pass has all of the Freedom Cry content and some MP stuff.

AC4: Black Flag - Gold Edition (AC4: BF + Season Pass + some more content):

http://www.amazon.com/Assassins-Creed-Black-Flag-Online/dp/B00GJXMSY8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1419033605&sr=8-1&keywords=assassin%27s+creed+black+flag+gold

EXTRA CONTENT INCLUDED IN THE GOLD EDITION:

• Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag Season Pass: Gives you all-in-one access to a new 3+ hour single-player story featuring Adewale, an ex-slave turned Assassin, the exclusive Kraken Ship Pack, plus multiplayer characters and much more!
  • Captain Kenway's Legacy Pack:
    Golden Scimitars and Multiplayer Treasure Hunter Costume
  • The Trove of Mystery Pack:
    Iron Wheel & Astrolabe Relic
  • Pirates Bounty Pack:
    German Rapiers & Compass Relic
  • Sacrificed Secrets Pack:
    Dark and dangerous treasure-hunting mission on Sacrifice Island
    Unlock Captain Drake's Dual Swords and Pistols, Picture, Title, and Relics
  • Hidden Mystery Pack:
    Adventurous treasure-hunting mission on Mystery Island
    Unlock Stede Bonnet's Ship, Costumes and other MP items
  • Black Island Pack:
    Dark and dangerous treasure-hunting mission on Black Island
    Unlock the Deadly Black Ship and Captain Morgan's Silver Flintlock Pistols, Costume, Picture, and Title
  • Aveline Pack:
    60 minutes of additional gameplay featuring Aveline de Grandpré from Assassin's Creed® III Liberation
    Unlockable Aveline ship figurehead

Awww yeah! Salvation Army store, here I come! I will pick up a bundle of them sweet, sweet jackets and will pass them on to deserving CAGs for cheap. Please let me know if you have a color preference, and whether you like the early 80's look or the mid 80's look. I accept PayPal, TF2 keys, Amazon gift cards, Steam trading cards, and leftover bundle keys.
Mid-80s, with the stripes from the top of the shoulders to the top of the wrists, thanks!

Also, everyone should vote for RAGE during the next community vote because I haven't played it yet and will only buy it at $5 or less. :p
2511579-3161305555-lolno.gif

Ok, spent the last couple days with a friend at the hospital :( so I don't have time to read through everything I've missed. I just bought Banner Saga from Nuveem. First time ever dealing with them. Translation page says "Not yet generated key, there may be a delay in production".

Anyone ever see that before? I am asking because I'd like to buy another copy for a friend and don't know if I should....

Edit: Also.. can I buy a game I have already bought from Nuveem? - store page doesn't have option any more lol.
check reddit, I know they've been running out and restocking keys on a few of their deals, I wouldn't be surprised if Banner Saga keys ran out.

Ok, spent the last couple days with a friend at the hospital :( so I don't have time to read through everything I've missed. I just bought Banner Saga from Nuveem. First time ever dealing with them. Translation page says "Not yet generated key, there may be a delay in production".

Anyone ever see that before? I am asking because I'd like to buy another copy for a friend and don't know if I should....

Edit: Also.. can I buy a game I have already bought from Nuveem? - store page doesn't have option any more lol.
Hope your friend is feeling better. And you can only buy an item at Nuuvem once. :(

I've decided to skip buying the AC games, they'll be this low again next year.

Mid-80s, with the stripes from the top of the shoulders to the top of the wrists, thanks!

2511579-3161305555-lolno.gif

check reddit, I know they've been running out and restocking keys on a few of their deals, I wouldn't be surprised if Banner Saga keys ran out.
If it wins, you'll feel bad about not being on the winning team. :shame:

Thanks for the responses Ashes & Foxhack (she's home now so we're happy about that).  I'll just wait and see if Nuveem sends me a key.  

Hmnn - I guess I'll have to make another account just to buy another copy - oh well!

The Dark Souls Steam beta already lets people invade you.

The minute I stopped being hollow an armor-less kung-fu asshole invades me and kicks my ass after 10 minutes. And then he proceeds to backstab me from the front. If I wanted that I would've kept playing TF2.

The minute I stopped being hollow an armor-less kung-fu asshole invades me and kicks my ass after 10 minutes. And then he proceeds to backstab me from the front. If I wanted that I would've kept playing TF2.
There was a way to avoid that in the GFWL version... I hope there's a way to avoid it in steam (short of offline-mode).

For those w/ Amazon Bing-made GC $, Amazon GC $, and whatnot...

On Amazon, AC4: Black Flag Season Pass for Steam-version is also now $5 - for those who got AC4 base-game already on Steam.

They must've read our thread. ;)

Now, time for them to get it together and make AC4: Black Flag Gold $15 (like Steam has it priced) for both UPlay version + Steam version.

There was a way to avoid that in the GFWL version... I hope there's a way to avoid it in steam (short of offline-mode).
That's the only thing about the game I can't stand. I already have enough problems against normal players with my weak as hell pyromancer. :(

No fun meta-game.  No bingo.  Hardly any seasonals to troll. Oh, and n[SIZE=13.63636302948px]o decent sales.[/SIZE][SIZE=13.63636302948px] [/SIZE]

This sale sucks and blows simultaneously.  

I'm going out to buy some straight razors for entertainment, since I can't occupy my time buying cheap games.

No fun meta-game. No bingo. Hardly any seasonals to troll. Oh, and n[SIZE=13.63636302948px]o decent sales.[/SIZE][SIZE=13.63636302948px] [/SIZE]

I'm going out to buy some straight razors for entertainment, since I can't occupy my time buying cheap games.
Make sure you wear a helmet

razor-scooter.jpg

Need some recommendations for this holiday say. Is dayZ worth buying yet? or nah
or nah

On a side note, here are some Bruticus levels of Christmas crappery for all of you less fortunates. It doesn't help your situations any, but it makes me feel better to know that you'll have to deal with my leftover crap and I won't. Charity.

A new Beginning - FTG0H-RDQVD-N3FF3
Beast Boxing - DCQZC-GA9JX-Z9RKG
Black Soul - 7EIWB-ADYWZ-JN3KI
Bridge Constructor - Y8GZC-GQGFW-CZXFL
Clickr - 6X42L-I4PKZ-ZGP0V
Data Hacker: Initiation - BHTY8-VWY0H-3L6P4
Dynamite Jack - 43EKB-2DNGZ-36FBL
Epigenesis - CQ39B-L7HR5-MT27I
Eschalon III - AYBZV-HNFYP-N2IRD
Eschalon: Book 1 - JGX87-X2TYD-F2YY7
Eschalon: Book 2 - B7T2J-52Z5C-KE50B
Etherlords I & II - 3FZT7-E47GF-5XDET
Fortix 2 - 2289E-GW7XF-IIZ70
GTA Vice - NLXTD-B5R20-EVNDL
GTR Evolution - QBPCI-5EM5E-Z36GJ
Guacamelee Gold - NZ8QV-M5BI6-6EX24 - NIDQ7-L00QP-WYZ79
Gun Metal - A49CY-FDQMJ-PIG9B - FTHR3-LD3RR-8MLVJ
Hero of the Kingdom - RG69A-D6VY0-I7H62
Hostile Waters - 7GKVW-WELNG-HQQ3A
I have no mouth - ZIRYW-5AFG4-TZFEB
Ignite - 2HV8T-L5GYT-IJZRF
Il-2 Sturmovik 1946 - 6BN7G-QW6CX-9HRJ9
Inquisitor Deluxe - 5KJFE-645FA-3IQ83
Interstellar MArines - 5IQRB-GXFCP-QV4E0 - KBLC5-NEQKE-4M35H
Kaptain Brawe - 8RYV5-F3KM4-FM3FC
Kill Fun Yeah - BCYW0-7YI5L-5DWWQ - 6MMLT-ZW0B2-K3TQ7
Knightshift - ZEM62-ZP2N8-6J2ER
Legends of Aerthureus - 8YJJA-MQLIL-ITQG9
Level 22 - 6VZZK-VJ6JK-QRHRQ
Litil Divil - BHCB4-EVILM-2EAFN
Motte Island - WMK2X-QM4TA-8ZZZW
Nightmares from the Deep - HTP4V-IV4EB-RAPFZ
Nosferatu - BMGTE-II4VB-BWZXX
Primal Fears - 5W6G3-57G4T-FTI2C
Race Injection - 2GKN2-I4M50-CYRJE
Sang Froid - D300T-PB30Z-30ZFY
Savant Ascent - 7FCRN-236PR-E2WTB
Sega Genesis Pack 4 - 9YV09-AZ855-CI8YN
Sine Mora - I4F4H-J7KB3-WDAWM
Sky Drift - QY7QA-8R5L6-PPPYQ
Sonic 3 & Knuckles - 6ANFQ-9FPMZ-ZEEP3
Sonic 3D Blast - DIN77-3MFJ6-TFAD0
Sonic Spinball - IM4P4-NAD0Z-JYBVB
Sonic the Hedgehog - F7JGB-EQJLE-XVHI8
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - DVA3H-3PQYL-XM30J
Soulbringer - BXCYV-YZ56K-DGAR3
Strategic War in Europe - JNP2H-X3RPK-30NFR
Street Racing Syndicate - 7JQWJ-92GJK-Q0WTN
supreme commander - 7CFVY-7FTL7-4PRX5
Supreme commander Forged alliance - 7C8R3-WIHEV-PG639
Terrorhedron - NBFLW-FKZP9-4RANM - GXNT7-CZ7NJ-KH3KR
The Longest Journey - C4T8Y-LB87N-YGFVW
Thief Gold - 66RX4-D94Y3-87TDJ - D4XIT-F728K-BVRRF - PFQZ4-8PWR5-TPGHW

Two Worlds II - 40BRF-GE6VY-7XD06
Two Worlds II: Pirates of the Flying Fortress - QH8DD-KJB8G-9XBWI

Last night some douche invaded me and tried to bait me into an area w/a bunch of enemies so that he could attack me while normal game enemies were attacking me.

I'd be fine w/being invaded except that the only people who invade others tend to be either giant douches like that guy, or people who get all their enjoyment from Dark Souls out of the PvP section of the game and specifically craft their character/gear for PvP purposes and end up kicking my ass whilst doing nothing but backstab fishing. And for some reason I can never backstab people (I was standing directly behind a guy and couldn't get the backstab) but wind up being backstabbed from the front, side, whatever. I'd be completely okay with it if for PvP purposes they just took away the ability to backstab.

Thanks, I got KnightShift :whee:

Hostile Waters has been lurkered.

Last night some douche invaded me and tried to bait me into an area w/a bunch of enemies so that he could attack me while normal game enemies were attacking me.

I'd be fine w/being invaded except that the only people who invade others tend to be either giant douches like that guy, or people who get all their enjoyment from Dark Souls out of the PvP section of the game and specifically craft their character/gear for PvP purposes and end up kicking my ass whilst doing nothing but backstab fishing. And for some reason I can never backstab people (I was standing directly behind a guy and couldn't get the backstab) but wind up being backstabbed from the front, side, whatever. I'd be completely okay with it if for PvP purposes they just took away the ability to backstab.
Yep, that sums up my previous (GFWL) experiences with invasions... people who get their jollies off of fuck ing over others. ...and why I disabled it (back in GFWL).

I grabbed Sine Mora and apparently The Longest Journey (even though I copied and pasted the code for Fortix 2).  It's cool though, I didn't have that either.  Thanks for the code drops.

EDIT: Nevermind, I guess it was Fortix 2.  When I activated it though it said Longest Journey.  That's weird.  LOL

Re: Dark Souls Steam edition.  The multiplayer/invasions are apparently tied to your Steam download region.  So if you pick some populous portion of the US (i.e. all of them) then your chances of getting invaded are high.  If you pick Bora Bora... you'll probably be left alone.  Also remember the covenants in the game supposedly help prevent invasions if you join certain ones.  The Way of the White (which is right by the Firelink shrine) allegedly fills multiplayer spots with co-op bros instead of invading douches.  Not sure if that's true.

I used to come here to see what people wanted others to vote on for the community deals, but years of crushing disappointment has filled me with ennui. It just doesn't seem to matter any more, just vote on a random thing and get your card, sell it for 10 cents, the end. Je suis un prétentieux saucisse.

Don't worry about it, Rage seems to go on sale fairly often. You'll have your chance again.

Not looking forward to that. I never had any problems with invasions in Demon's Souls. It only happened once, and I bum rushed my way past a few squid faces (really dumb move on my part, but I lived) to get to the boss zone line before I could be ganked.

The concept is interesting, but I sort of feel like it assumes people will play the game normally, conveniently ignoring the masses of powerless people who want to feel powerful by screwing someone else over.

On the bright side, the system did allow for one of the most amusing cases of griefing I have ever read, in which someone forced a ganker to progress through the story and thus lock them out of their little ganker's paradise.

No fun meta-game. No bingo. Hardly any seasonals to troll. Oh, and n[SIZE=13.63636302948px]o decent sales.[/SIZE][SIZE=13.63636302948px] [/SIZE]

Not enough people asking stupid questions this year? Hey guys, blank is 25% off and isn't a daily, do you think it will be cheaper later?

Man why am I always gone when these epic code drops happen?

So far all I have bought from this sale is final fantasy 13 from squares store. Really wish 13-2 would go to the $6 mark as well. Probably going to pick up 4 and 8 from square also since they are at an all time low. If there is a humble square fantasy bundle you all can thank me.

For all the AC4 fans out there...

So, what's the best way to go, in terms of both value + content?

AC4: Gold Edition?

AC4 base-game + Season Pass?

AC4 base-game + Freedom Cry DLC?

Is there anything else worthwhile in Season Pass besides Freedom Cry?

In Gold - seems like Avelline + Freedom Cry content might be the real worthwhile things there. Anything else worthwhile in Gold?

For all the AC4 fans out there...

So, what's the best way to go, in terms of both value + content?

AC4: Gold Edition?
AC4 base-game + Season Pass?
AC4 base-game + Freedom Cry DLC?

Is there anything else worthwhile in Season Pass besides Freedom Cry?
In Gold - seems like Avelline + Freedom Cry content might be the real worthwhile things there. Anything else worthwhile in Gold?
Personally didn't enjoy the character of aveline but freedom cry is great.

Edit: why am I being drawn to that stupid cargo shipping sim?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back