SteelBook Exclusive Worldwide Exclusives 2013

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
January
:ps3:/:360: Devil May Cry (DMC) [In-Store Pre-Order Bonus] (Future Shop) (Canada) - 1/15/13
:ps3: Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch [Pre-Order Bonus] (Game Stop) (USA) - 1/22/13

February
:ps3:/:360:/:pc: Dead Space 3 [In-Store Pre-Order Bonus] (Future Shop) (Canada) - 2/5/13
:br: Argo [BD+DVD+UV Combo Pack] (Future Shop) (Canada) - 2/19/13
:ps3:/:360: Crysis 3 [Hunter Edition] [In-Store Pre-Order Bonus] (Future Shop) (Canada) - 2/19/13
:ps3:/:360: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance [Limited Edition] (Nationwide) - 2/19/13
:ps3:/:360: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Artist by Yoji Shinkawa [In-Store Pre-Order Bonus] (Future Shop) (Canada) - 2/19/13
:br: 007: Operacion - Skyfall (Mexico) - 2/22/13

March
:ps3:/:360: Tomb Raider (Target) (USA) - 3/5/13
:br: Argo (Mexico) - 3/8/13
:ps3: God of War: Ascension [Collector's Edition] (USA) - 3/12/13
:br: Zero Dark Thirty (Best Buy) (USA) - 3/19/13
:br: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (Mexico) - 3/22/13
:br: Les Miserables (Best Buy) (USA) - 3/22/13
:br: Les Miserables (Future Shop) (Canada) - 3/22/13

April
:br: Django Unchained (Target) (USA) - 4/16/13

May
:br: 300 [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Batman (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Batman Begins [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Batman Returns (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Book of Eli [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Braveheart (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Chinatown (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Clash of the Titan (2010) [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Dark Knight [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Departed [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Face/Off (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Gladiator (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Goodfellas [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Gran Torino [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Green Lantern [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Hangover [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Hangover Part II [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Heat (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Inception [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Journey to the Center of the Earth (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Journey 2: The Mysterious Island (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Last Samurai [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Matrix (10th Anniversary) [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Shawshank Redemption [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Sherlock Holmes [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Sucker Punch [Xage's Leftover] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: The Town (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: True Grit (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: V for Vendetta [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Watchmen (USA) - 5/7/13
:br: Wrath of the Titans [Reprint] (USA) - 5/7/13

June
:ps3: The Last of Us [Post-Pandemic Edition] (GameStop) (USA) - 6/14/13
:ps3: The Last of Us [Survival Edition] (USA) - 6/14/13

July
:br: Evil Dead (Target) (USA) - 7/16/13
:br: Evil Dead (Future Shop) (Canada) - 7/16/13

August

September

October
:ps3: Beyond: Two Souls [Special Edition] (GameStop) (USA) - 10/8/13
:ps3: Beyond: Two Souls [Special Edition] (EBGames) (Canada) - 10/8/13

November

December

Last edited by a moderator:
attachment.php

Repost from HiDefNinja

Amazon UK has now changed the title for Skyfall to say that it's Region Free. A few apparently still come back in stock so it's worth checking in on I guess if anyone wants one

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']:br: Les Miserables (Best Buy Exclusive) SteelBook

8285069.jpg

Price: $24.99
Release Date: TBA
Link: Best Buy[/QUOTE]BB shows this as a pre-sell, so I wonder how that's going to work. :whistle2:s

Probably just like the metal pak cases . Put money down for the movie, get the case, pay off the rest of the movie and get the regular amaray version

[quote name='slickkill77']Probably just like the metal pak cases . Put money down for the movie, get the case, pay off the rest of the movie and get the regular amaray version[/QUOTE]

thank god! now i dont have to own the movie.

[quote name='shrike4242']BB shows this as a pre-sell, so I wonder how that's going to work. :whistle2:s[/QUOTE]

[quote name='slickkill77']Probably just like the metal pak cases . Put money down for the movie, get the case, pay off the rest of the movie and get the regular amaray version[/QUOTE]

Not necessarily. They've also done pre-sells where you get immediate access to an online digital copy. I believe they did this with Prometheus.

[quote name='TealPavelski']So I noticed that there is a Skyfall Steelbook on Amazon France and Amazon Germany and both websites have copies available unlike Amazon UK. Are the German and France versions Region Free like the UK version?[/QUOTE]

It will probably be region free as they all look exactly the same. Only problem with German steelbooks is that they LOVE printing crap all over the back of the case

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I so regret not preodering the UK Skyfall SB when I had the chance....:wall:[/QUOTE]

I know what u mean... :wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall:

[quote name='TealPavelski']The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey Steelbbok from Amazon.UK is now available for pre-order and it is region free!

516ICs3wqRL.jpg

51xyOdf5wmL._SL500_.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I went ahead and just pre ordered this one. Otherwise if its not available in the U.S. I will feel like the way I do about Skyfall now. Does anybody know if that or Skyfall will be available in the U.S. though.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I so regret not preodering the UK Skyfall SB when I had the chance....:wall:[/QUOTE]

I completely agree. I just did not want to get stuck with a Blu-Ray I couldn't watch because of the region lock. They waited too long to update that it is region free.

[quote name='Outlaw1986']I went ahead and just pre ordered this one. Otherwise if its not available in the U.S. I will feel like the way I do about Skyfall now. Does anybody know if that or Skyfall will be available in the U.S. though.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I don't think they are releasing a Hobbit Steelbook here in the US. I am a huge LOTR nerd and collect everything, so I plan on buying a few verions of the Blu-Ray anyway. So I pre-ordered this one and then I will just get the Vanilla US Blu-Ray. You know down the line however an extended Blu-Ray will be available!

I really want one of the French Blu-Ray's with Gollum on the cover, but Amazon.fr has yet to update there catalog.

the-hobbit-an-unexpected-journey-blu-ray-ad.jpg

^^^^
I thought it would go good with my other LOTR steelbooks I just bought. I'd get the one with the wizard guy on the cover but I don't like how it says Le Hobbit or whatever. I still want it to look like a U.S. case and I'm worried that one will try to play in French when I put it in. Lol

Yup every time time I try to watch the LOTR movies I fell asleep and I haven't tried to watch them in years but I'm fixin to. I haven't seen the new hobbit movie yet either. I'm going to try to watch them soon tho since I just bought them. I've never actually owned them before.

[quote name='Outlaw1986']...I'd get the one with the wizard guy on the cover...[/QUOTE]

I have lost all hope in the CAG community.

You Shall Not call yourself a Lord of the Rings fan!!

[quote name='TealPavelski']Says it is already Sold Out, plus I do not believe Future Shop ships outside of Canada.[/QUOTE]

They do not ship to US. Wish they did though, they have some nice steelbooks.

[quote name='patcrazystar64']Rumor has it that Best Buy might get a Django Steelbook as well.[/QUOTE]

I can only hope and pray for KKK reference on it.

No, FutureShop doesn't ship to the US. I got around that when I ordered my Looper steelbook by having it shipped to a buddy in Canada, who then sent it to me. Shipping worked out to be about the same as if it were shipped to me.

Sweet got skyfall steelbook preordered after all from http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00B5W9I5K/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00 . If u turn one click ordering on and keep refreshing the page it seems like every few hours one is coming in stock. I finally snagged one with one click ordering on. I missed a couple without one click ordering but now I finally got it so I'm happy. Hopefully it arrives in good shape. :)
See one in stock right now by the time I type this it will prolly be gone. FYI mine is only $25.56 with the exchange rate, and shipping to the US. Can't wait for it to come in the mail now!!!

Great thing is that you can cancel at anytime with Amazon. So why not just pre order any steel you want, and if it turns out to be region locked, cancel your order?

People are also speculating that there won't be a Django steel in the US because the company handling it never gives us steelbooks. Idk. I'm in a Canadian group buy so I'll get it.

My recent gets
Fs9xswu.jpg

I bought the Canadian Looper steelbook. Since I'm in the US, iTunes won't let me download the included digital copy. Has anyone figured out a workaround?

[quote name='Outlaw1986']Sweet got skyfall steelbook preordered after all from http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00B5W9I5K/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00 . If u turn one click ordering on and keep refreshing the page it seems like every few hours one is coming in stock. I finally snagged one with one click ordering on. I missed a couple without one click ordering but now I finally got it so I'm happy. Hopefully it arrives in good shape. :)
See one in stock right now by the time I type this it will prolly be gone. FYI mine is only $25.56 with the exchange rate, and shipping to the US. Can't wait for it to come in the mail now!!![/QUOTE]

Sweet. I am taking your advise and attempting this right now!

I am so pissed off right now!! I had a Skyfall Steelbook in my cart, was signed in with 1-click shopping on and yet somehow it made me re-sign in and in that time lost the one that was in my cart! I don't understand how when an item is in your cart it can still be purchased by somebody else!!

And I'm sure the majority of people that bought these only bought them to sell as double the price on eBay!

*edit: Just happened to me again, except this time I was at the PLACE ORDER screen and by the time it clicked it, it was swiped from me! This has now happened to me twice!

Anybody think target would price match best buys price of $19.99 on skyfall blu ray. I'm thinking about picking up one why I wait for my steelbook from the u.k. to come in and I get a gift card to target.

[quote name='TealPavelski']I finally got a Skyfall Steelbook. That was the most work I have ever done to buy something![/QUOTE]

From Amazon.co.uk? Are they still popping up?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']From Amazon.co.uk? Are they still popping up?[/QUOTE]

Ya, they are popping up every now and then, but you have to be quick!

bread's done
Back