Super Mario All-Stars (Wii) - 25th Anniversary Limited Edition Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='PikaPichu']Was that promotion released towards the end of the SNES's lifespan?[/QUOTE]Yeah, IIRC it was around '95.

[quote name='Thrinn']Yeah, IIRC it was around '95.[/QUOTE]

The ad says its from 1993 which would mean the SNES was still alive and well at this point (2 years before Playstation)

[quote name='Petey Parker']The ad says its from 1993 which would mean the SNES was still alive and well at this point (2 years before Playstation)[/QUOTE]

Oh, duh... :dunce:

I never realized this...just heard it on last week's Giant Bombcast. Apparently the version of Super Mario Bros. 3 in this collection lets you easily activate any power in the game at any time...something like pausing and then pressing up to cycle through powers? Something simple like that.

Which means...Koribu's Shoe in every level! :D Man, that could get fun.

That is how I got my first all stars cart they sent the cart and manual no box I still have the manual in mint condition.

[quote name='PikaPichu']Was that promotion released towards the end of the SNES's lifespan? If not, then they were definitely more generous about their IPs back in the day.[/QUOTE]

This is basically for collector's only. Anyone else could get easily get these on VC/NES/SNES/GB/GBA/DS/3DS/Wii/Virtual Gameboy/GC/PC (Emulation)

I for one will be buying it.

I think the reason its sold out is just amazon is placing a hold on the pre orders until they can figure things out.

I received TWO emails from them in the last two days stating that the shipping for this game has been pushed back and will not make the cut off date they initially promised.
Then I got another saying it may come in sooner rather than later.

So yeah.... dont panic. But me trying to say that in the internet is kinda useless.

So PANIC!

[quote name='ninja dog']and still available everywhere else, so lets not get into "omg so limited" mode. When gamestop pulls pre-orders, then it's time to panic ;)[/QUOTE]

lol I cancelled my order last night. If it becomes rare, I'm gonna be mad :bomb:

[quote name='Wolfpup']I never realized this...just heard it on last week's Giant Bombcast. Apparently the version of Super Mario Bros. 3 in this collection lets you easily activate any power in the game at any time...something like pausing and then pressing up to cycle through powers? Something simple like that.

Which means...Koribu's Shoe in every level! :D Man, that could get fun.[/QUOTE]

My SNES version of the game has done that for years. I've never known why it did it, or what I did to make it happen, but it's damn cool :D

I tried to order from GameStop, but it's a.) not available for in-store pickup and b.) there's no place to use the "SAVER" coupon for free shipping. I haven't ordered anything from the website since Burnout Revenge, nearly five years ago. Can you not use coupons anymore?

[quote name='Petey Parker']The ad says its from 1993 which would mean the SNES was still alive and well at this point (2 years before Playstation)[/QUOTE]

This was in the time frame when Nintendo was in heated competition with SEGA. The two of them often did crazy promotions.

During the N64 era, Nintendo just kinda gave up on being #1. Between then and the GCN era, they just decided they didn't care who was "winning", it seems like.

[quote name='WebScud']I tried to order from GameStop, but it's a.) not available for in-store pickup and b.) there's no place to use the "SAVER" coupon for free shipping. I haven't ordered anything from the website since Burnout Revenge, nearly five years ago. Can you not use coupons anymore?[/QUOTE]

Hit Control + F then put this in Promotional Code , it should take you right there. Hit the Apply button right next to it.

[quote name='MaxPower2']I think the reason its sold out is just amazon is placing a hold on the pre orders until they can figure things out.

I received TWO emails from them in the last two days stating that the shipping for this game has been pushed back and will not make the cut off date they initially promised.
Then I got another saying it may come in sooner rather than later.

So yeah.... dont panic. But me trying to say that in the internet is kinda useless.

So PANIC![/QUOTE]

Received this yesterday from Amazon:
Hello,

We recently promised to deliver Super Mario All-Stars: Limited Edition by December 27th. We just determined we can deliver it a few days earlier and it will arrive by December 24th. No action is required on your part.

Best regards,

Customer Service

No big deal, it gets here when it gets here.

[quote name='rebonack']My SNES version of the game has done that for years. I've never known why it did it, or what I did to make it happen, but it's damn cool :D[/QUOTE]

Say what? I don't remember that happening in my SNES version.

great. i just bought 30 of these at best buy online. Also locked up 100 at the various gamestops!
:applause::applause:

metroid triology is going for $90 on amazon. hopefully mario will go for that much

[quote name='sadman123459']great. i just bought 30 of these at best buy online. Also locked up 100 at the various gamestops!

metroid triology is going for $90 on amazon. hopefully mario will go for that much[/QUOTE]

Yeah and hopefully you'll get hit by a truck on your way to picking them up so ppl that actually want them can get them instead of a douche tryin to make a buck...just go away now

People had over 4 weeks to preorder one.

I'll purchase you a free copy with my earnings. lol

am thinking of ordering 50 more from best buy online.

Preorders are still going on at bestbuy.com and gamestop. I talked to gs manager and they said each store is alloted the amount of preorders.

[quote name='sadman123459']great. i just bought 30 of these at best buy online. Also locked up 100 at the various gamestops!

metroid triology is going for $90 on amazon. hopefully mario will go for that much[/QUOTE]

You dropped over $3900 + tax on video games. :cold:

If what sadman says is remotely close to being true thanks for the laugh @ your expense if you think Nintendo is going to make this in short supply.

Yea I dropped a couple of g's. Used my discover credit card and they are giving back 10% of all online purchases. I figured the rewards outweight risks. Worse scenario I'll resell them and break even.

[quote name='sadman123459']Yea I dropped a couple of g's. Used my discover credit card and they are giving back 10% of all online purchases. I figured the rewards outweight risks. Worse scenario I'll resell them and break even.[/QUOTE]

Wow, you're not going to last long here... good job, asshat.

[quote name='zenintrude']Wow, you're not going to last long here... good job, asshat.[/QUOTE]

I think he's just trying to rile everyone up here. :lol: I doubt he's a legitimate poster.

I had preordered two one as a gift for my daughter and one for myself should I get around to picking up a Wii. However only one copy showing for my preorder.

Wow, does everyone get slammed like this?

Here's some helpful links to all who still need to preorder, can a op maybe sticky this to front page to help others out?

preorder links
http://www.buy.com/prod/super-mario-all-stars-limited-edition/q/loc/108/218091420.html

amazon usa
The product page is gone, Watch the amazon discussion thread here - http://www.amazon.com/Super-Mario-Al...sin=B0049DYNNO

amazon canada
http://www.amazon.ca/Super-Mario-Al...FT2A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1291413133&sr=8-1

bestbuy
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Super+M...290570&skuId=1533116&st=super mario all-stars

gamestop
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?sku=231063&loc=homeflash3

ebay
last resort - couple going from lows 40 to 50. Use bigcrumbs for 50% cashback of advertiser fees.

[quote name='Rozz']I think he's just trying to rile everyone up here. :lol: I doubt he's a legitimate poster.[/QUOTE]

Unless he came from SlickDeals, there are legitimate posters over there who actually do these things.

Whereas most people around here are laid back and like to help each other out, SD is full of El Hoardo.

Hey, did you guys see any special offer for this while Amazon still had it?

My brother said that there was a $10 credit offered when he ordered it. I didn't see anything when I ordered it (basically when this was posted).

[quote name='sadman123459']Wow, does everyone get slammed like this?[/QUOTE]
Isn't that what you're going for? Sure seems like it...

[quote name='sadman123459']Sorry about that zeni. Nothing personal, just business.[/QUOTE]

That's not what this site is about. There are other forums for people like that.

[quote name='Vinny']Hey, did you guys see any special offer for this while Amazon still had it?

My brother said that there was a $10 credit offered when he ordered it. I didn't see anything when I ordered it (basically when this was posted).[/QUOTE]

Nope

[quote name='Vinny']Hey, did you guys see any special offer for this while Amazon still had it?

My brother said that there was a $10 credit offered when he ordered it. I didn't see anything when I ordered it (basically when this was posted).[/QUOTE]

Only "deal" so far has been Kmart with a $10 gaming coupon during release week.

:applause::applause:[/QUOTE]

Super Mario All-Stars on the SNES was a beloved Christmas present of mine when I was a kid. 130 kids could have had the same experience, but instead you're hoarding.

fuck you.

[quote name='Diebythesword']Nope[/QUOTE]

[quote name='bojay1997']Only "deal" so far has been Kmart with a $10 gaming coupon during release week.[/QUOTE]

I see. Thanks guys.

[quote name='Chuplayer']Super Mario All-Stars on the SNES was a beloved Christmas present of mine when I was a kid. 130 kids could have had the same experience, but instead you're hoarding.

fuck you.[/QUOTE]

They still will, they'll just all be rich kids.

[quote name='Chuplayer']Super Mario All-Stars on the SNES was a beloved Christmas present of mine when I was a kid. 130 kids could have had the same experience, but instead you're hoarding.

fuck you.[/QUOTE]

The chances of this being worth much more than what it sells for are slim. If he sells them on ebay, or some other auction site, with fees, he won't break even. People thought the red Wii's and Ds's would be sold out, and on black friday they were selling them for $40 off and still couldn't get rid of them.

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']The chances of this being worth much more than what it sells for are slim. If he sells them on ebay, or some other auction site, with fees, he won't break even. People thought the red Wii's and Ds's would be sold out, and on black friday they were selling them for $40 off and still couldn't get rid of them.[/QUOTE]

To be a little more fair though, you can't really compare a game that costs $30 total towards a system that sells in the $100 range. Millions already have a Wii and DS, so I think it's more natural for an "LE" game to sell better than the hardware.

But overall I agree, it probably wont' be worth as much in the long run.

[quote name='sadman123459']Yea I dropped a couple of g's. Used my discover credit card and they are giving back 10% of all online purchases. I figured the rewards outweight risks. Worse scenario I'll resell them and break even.[/QUOTE]

I just think its silly to have to waste your time buying up these games, then putting them up for sale, then shipping them out one by one, hoping to make a few hundred bucks as the end result?

You're better off getting a job, even if its low paying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back