Super Mario All-Stars (Wii) - 25th Anniversary Limited Edition Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='sadman123459']great. i just bought 30 of these at best buy online. Also locked up 100 at the various gamestops!
:applause::applause:

metroid triology is going for $90 on amazon. hopefully mario will go for that much[/QUOTE] If you are being truthful I really do wish bad upon you. You are an asshole. We need to come up with a secret code words and stuff that only non-doushe CaGs can get access to. fuck THESE PEOPLE!

[quote name='S0DA POPINSKI']If you are being truthful I really do wish bad upon you. You are an asshole. We need to come up with a secret code words and stuff that only non-doushe CaGs can get access to. fuck THESE PEOPLE![/QUOTE]

Can there be a decoder ring?

You guys are mad at this guy? This game isn't actually going to be that "limited." You'll be able to find this game anywhere. You should laugh at him for spending all that money on games that are highly likely not going to bring any profit that will be worth the time in packing and shipping out 130 copies and much more likely to make him lose a ton of money.

[quote name='cheaphuck']My order disapeard from Amazon. Not sure if I accidentally canceled it or what but its no longer there.[/QUOTE]

I just checked mine from a couple months ago. It is still there, but the link to the product is gone. I guess the OP had this one pegged. No problem getting a Red Wii, just the red game that should have been shipped with it in the first place.

Glad I preordered mine in October. Here's hoping that (most of) the rest of you end up getting the game, sharing it with friends and family, and introducing these classics to a new generation.

The rest of you can go ahead and fall under an avalanche of plastic cases and disc lacerations brought on by your opportunism of the highest degree. Lame.

Hey, if the guy wants to support Nintendo by buying 130 copies of the game we shouldn't get mad at him. He's contributing to the cause!

[quote name='sadman123459']great. i just bought 30 of these at best buy online. Also locked up 100 at the various gamestops!
:applause::applause:

metroid triology is going for $90 on amazon. hopefully mario will go for that much[/QUOTE]

It won't and you're going to lose money. Metroid Prime Trilogy was three recent games, in a fucking metal box.

This is Mario All-Stars and has a CD and a book. It's not going to be worth any more than $30, ever.

I wonder if those 130 copies will be enough to make a throne of el hoardo? At least then he'll get some worth out of it.

I'll be picking this up from kmart when it's released.

Ok. Points taken.

All the retailers should have had a limit then on the games. As for the value not going up, it's already in the 40s in ebay. So we'll see.

[quote name='S0DA POPINSKI']If you are being truthful I really do wish bad upon you. You are an asshole. We need to come up with a secret code words and stuff that only non-doushe CaGs can get access to. fuck THESE PEOPLE![/QUOTE]

He's either a douche or a troll. Either way, fuck him.

[quote name='sabanoo']Can there be a decoder ring?[/QUOTE]

I want a decoder ring. Are there any left? Or did they all get bought up in speculation?

Originally Posted by confoosious: He's either a douche or a troll. Either way, him.

you_mad.jpg

no, i'm laughing at confoosious calling someone a douche that he doesn't even know. i'm a douche for buying video games. gimme a break.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was planning to pick up a copy for a friend, but I refuse to yield to profiteers.

Cockbites like you are the reason why I stopped doing the Neorune's Deal of the Day over on GameTZ. Selfish pricks who are in it for themselves don't deserve a half-priced Earthbound or buy 2 get one free Phoenix Wright.

Bite my shrinking ass.

i don't get why nintendo would make this in limited quantities when

a) it's obviously in high demand
b) it's ridiculously cheap for them to make since all the games on there are hella old

[quote name='ItsaMeMario']i don't get why nintendo would make this in limited quantities when

b) it's ridiculously cheap for them to make since all the games on there are hella old[/QUOTE]

you know it costs the same to press games whether they're old or new right? It's actually more expensive to press these "hella old" games than it is to press Black Ops cause of the extras in this package.

Yeah, the custom freebies and box must have ridiculous setup costs in the manufacturing process, making it bewildering that they wouldn't crank out more.

Isn't this basically Mario swag with a disc of games we all already own a few times over? I want the goodies more than the actual game(s). Glad I preordered mine since apparantly it's one of those few actually limited items? Either way I'm stoked to get it.

It's still available at GS...I mean I'd like to have this for collector purposes, but I already have this game on my PSP and the originals on the Wii. Not sure it's worth $30 for me.

[quote name='confoosious']you know it costs the same to press games whether they're old or new right? It's actually more expensive to press these "hella old" games than it is to press Black Ops cause of the extras in this package.[/QUOTE]I am thinking he/she was talking in terms of development cost, not packaging.

[quote name='confoosious']you know it costs the same to press games whether they're old or new right? It's actually more expensive to press these "hella old" games than it is to press Black Ops cause of the extras in this package.[/QUOTE]

i was referring to the fact that these games are old software whose development and most porting costs have already been covered by sales of previous versions

Surely this isn't really limited quantity? I mean to an extent it is of course, but surely they'll trickle out more if it sells out?

at any rate for me this is another reason I may just have to keep my Wii, dang it.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Surely this isn't really limited quantity? I mean to an extent it is of course, but surely they'll trickle out more if it sells out?

at any rate for me this is another reason I may just have to keep my Wii, dang it.[/QUOTE]

It's NOT limited in the traditional sense, meaning we're not talking LE MGS3 here.

Again, many many people don't even know this exists yet. Stores will get the game for retail, so just because Amazon doesn't have it doesn't mean it's in limited quantities; it just means Amazon capitalized by having it up for pre-order first.

I suspect we'll see PLENTY of copies of this game when it releases. Nintendo would be foolish to make this game hard-to-find, especially since overall software to console ratio on the console continues to lag behind its competitors.

And as for set-up costs on manufacturing, people here are overblowing it a bit. Packing a soundtrack on a DVD case isn't radical. Nowadays, packing multiple discs and slip covers are old-hat designs and don't cost the manufacturer much more at all. Development costs for this are of course practically zero given the games are already available via the virtual console.

[quote name='romeogbs19']It's NOT limited in the traditional sense, meaning we're not talking LE MGS3 here.

Again, many many people don't even know this exists yet. Stores will get the game for retail, so just because Amazon doesn't have it doesn't mean it's in limited quantities; it just means Amazon capitalized by having it up for pre-order first.

I suspect we'll see PLENTY of copies of this game when it releases. Nintendo would be foolish to make this game hard-to-find, especially since overall software to console ratio on the console continues to lag behind its competitors.

And as for set-up costs on manufacturing, people here are overblowing it a bit. Packing a soundtrack on a DVD case isn't radical. Nowadays, packing multiple discs and slip covers are old-hat designs and don't cost the manufacturer much more at all. Development costs for this are of course practically zero given the games are already available via the virtual console.[/QUOTE]

THIS I S A ONE PRINT ITEM. IT'S NOT BEING SOLD IN RETAIL STORES! It's one and done. This game will be estremely hard to find after it's sold out just because of the music cd and art book.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Surely this isn't really limited quantity? I mean to an extent it is of course, but surely they'll trickle out more if it sells out?

at any rate for me this is another reason I may just have to keep my Wii, dang it.[/QUOTE]

Limited quantity means limited. My sources at gamestop says unless you preorder you won't be getting one.

If you think you can walk into target and walmart and just pick one off the shelf, WAKE UP NOW BECAUSE YOU ARE DREAMING!

[quote name='confucious1979z']Limited quantity means limited. My sources at gamestop says unless you preorder you won't be getting one.

If you think you can walk into target and walmart and just pick one off the shelf, WAKE UP NOW BECAUSE YOU ARE DREAMING![/QUOTE]

Just like how gamestop says the same thing about anything you preorder? "Better preorder that legendary halo reach because if you don't you won't get a copy." Haha, even limited editions that have "sold out" everywhere like Fable 3 and Call of Duty Black Ops Prestige Edition I still see on store shelves. This will be on store shelves until it sells out. Nintendo said that the Japanese version was "limited" as well, and you can find those everywhere to import.

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']Just like how gamestop says the same thing about anything you preorder? "Better preorder that legendary halo reach because if you don't you won't get a copy." Haha, even limited editions that have "sold out" everywhere like Fable 3 and Call of Duty Black Ops Prestige Edition I still see on store shelves. This will be on store shelves until it sells out. Nintendo said that the Japanese version was "limited" as well, and you can find those everywhere to import.[/QUOTE]

Look at prior Nintendo LE releases - metroid and zelda. Mario is on a far higher scale than Fable and of course no one wants to overpay for that COD Prestige.

[quote name='confucious1979z']Limited quantity means limited. My sources at gamestop says unless you preorder you won't be getting one.

If you think you can walk into target and walmart and just pick one off the shelf, WAKE UP NOW BECAUSE YOU ARE DREAMING![/QUOTE]

Hahaha you are funny. KMart will have them to purchase when you want to walk in on Sunday (lets be honest here Tuesday since its KMart)

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']Just like how gamestop says the same thing about anything you preorder? "Better preorder that legendary halo reach because if you don't you won't get a copy." Haha, even limited editions that have "sold out" everywhere like Fable 3 and Call of Duty Black Ops Prestige Edition I still see on store shelves. This will be on store shelves until it sells out. Nintendo said that the Japanese version was "limited" as well, and you can find those everywhere to import.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I remember buying the Cat Helmet Halo 2 then at a TRU across the street seeing it for $25 a couple of years after.

Now I believe it will be hard to find after a while but currently you can pre-order it everywhere but AMAZON. I just did an in store pick up at Best Buy...

[quote name='joshnorm']Hahaha you are funny. KMart will have them to purchase when you want to walk in on Sunday (lets be honest here Tuesday since its KMart)

Agreed. I remember buying the Cat Helmet Halo 2 then at a TRU across the street seeing it for $25 a couple of years after.

Now I believe it will be hard to find after a while but currently you can pre-order it everywhere but AMAZON. I just did an in store pick up at Best Buy...[/QUOTE]

:applause: LOL at your obvious elitism. You'll find it in a kmart in never-land.

I don't think a CAT Helmet Halo 2 is really on the same level as Mario. Have fun pretending your Anakin skywalker with your helmet.

[quote name='confucious1979z']Look at prior Nintendo LE releases - metroid and zelda. Mario is on a far higher scale than Fable and of course no one wants to overpay for that COD Prestige.[/QUOTE]

Metroid Trilogy for wii barely sells for more than the $50 price it was selling for when it came out. Fable 3 limited edition on the other hand has gone up to $140 on eBay it some cases, being $100 on average. Everyone said the red 25th wii and dsi would sell out and you can find those everywhere.

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']Metroid Trilogy for wii barely sells for more than the $50 price it was selling for when it came out. Fable 3 limited edition on the other hand has gone up to $140 on eBay it some cases, being $100 on average. Everyone said the red 25th wii and dsi would sell out and you can find those everywhere.[/QUOTE]

Good point but I see the price range for Trilogy anywhere on ebay from 60-120 used to new. One just went for $115 brand new two days ago on ebay. I don't see that as a bad invesment. You buy it 55 and could probably sell new for $80-$95. That's a 80 to 100% increase value.

I don't really see the red wii going up in value right now since everyone has a wii. Maybe in 10 years if it's retail boxed.

[quote name='joshnorm']Hahaha you are funny. KMart will have them to purchase when you want to walk in on Sunday (lets be honest here Tuesday since its KMart)

Now I believe it will be hard to find after a while but currently you can pre-order it everywhere but AMAZON. I just did an in store pick up at Best Buy...[/QUOTE]

And speaking of Kmart, 2 of them in the area still have sealed copies of Metroid Prime Trilogy. And this was last week. I bought my copy 3 months ago used for $20.

Nintendo is going to print as many copies of this thing as they can. $$$ It's not like it's a new game that's been in development for 5 years and cost x million to make. It's a matter of putting some old snes game on a disc and adding some bonuses.

lol that you didn't buy the copy and then flip on ebay. The fact that this is old intellectual property will increase the value of the game. Think about it. Where else are you going to get the cd/artbook. I'm sure that this is what is going to drive sales.

[quote name='confucious1979z']lol that you didn't buy the copy and then flip on ebay. The fact that this is old intellectual property will increase the value of the game. Think about it. Where else are you going to get the cd/artbook. I'm sure that this is what is going to drive sales.[/QUOTE]

I didn't buy and flip it on eBay because I would rather have someone who loves Metroid find it at Kmart and buy it for themselves. And even if I did buy it and flip it and sold it for 80 bucks, after tax, eBay fees, paypal fees I'd only be making 10-15 bucks, yippie!

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']I didn't buy and flip it on eBay because I would rather have someone who loves Metroid find it at Kmart and buy it for themselves. And even if I did buy it and flip it and sold it for 80 bucks, after tax, eBay fees, paypal fees I'd only be making 10-15 bucks, yippie![/QUOTE]

That's cool.

Instead of waiting and then not being able to buy it anywhere, I pre-ordered from BB with free shipping. Had to pay tax but ah well. I've only ever purchased SMB3 for GBA so a chance to play this again is fine with me for $30 with all the extras.

Why the fuck are we fighting about this, again? No one here knows. Metroid Prime Trilogy may be the closest parallel we have; yeah, that did go up in price, and did so within a year...but during the holidays last year, Best Buy still had enough copies left to mark it down to $20.

Moral of the story: it could very well go either way. Maybe both. All we can do is wait and see. That said, given that it's only $30, preordering is probably a good idea if you're interested, just to play it safe.

[quote name='romeogbs19']Stores will get the game for retail, so just because Amazon doesn't have it doesn't mean it's in limited quantities; it just means Amazon capitalized by having it up for pre-order first.[/QUOTE]

For the record, I don't remember Amazon pulling preorders on a software title like this before. Given the huge quantities of items they sell, I wouldn't dismiss that quite so quickly.

I hope this game becomes rare; It would justify the $30 price. I've seen unboxings and I'm still disappointed with whats included with this collection.

So you're saying the price is going up ala trilogy?

But metroid prime trilogy was not a preorder and did not include music + artbook. The collector's edition of metroid was pretty crappy. Just paying for the games. And again, i think there's a heck of lot more mario fans than metroid.

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']Why the fuck are we fighting about this, again? No one here knows. Metroid Prime Trilogy may be the closest parallel we have; yeah, that did go up in price, and did so within a year...but during the holidays last year, Best Buy still had enough copies left to mark it down to $20.

Moral of the story: it could very well go either way. Maybe both. All we can do is wait and see. That said, given that it's only $30, preordering is probably a good idea if you're interested, just to play it safe.

For the record, I don't remember Amazon pulling preorders on a software title like this before. Given the huge quantities of items they sell, I wouldn't dismiss that quite so quickly.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ItsaMeMario']i was referring to the fact that these games are old software whose development and most porting costs have already been covered by sales of previous versions[/QUOTE]

what does that have to do with creating more units for the masses? which is your initial complaint.

I hope they get it back in stock. I want to use my 20.00 CoD credit on it.

If not...I'm sure I can just walk into one of the 10 GameStops, 3 Best Buys, 2 Walmarts, 2 Toys r Us or 2 Targets around here and get one.

If you guys think it's going to be super rare after the first run, you don't know Nintendo.

[quote name='seanr1221']If you guys think it's going to be super rare after the first run, you don't know Nintendo.[/QUOTE]

But, but, but... Metroid Trilogy!! ;)

[quote name='seanr1221']If you guys think it's going to be super rare after the first run, you don't know Nintendo.[/QUOTE]

Clubhouse Games, Tetris DS, and Mario Power Tennis all beg to differ.

Look, "super rare" is relative, but bare minimum, Nintendo titles hold their value well. On the other hand, we do have examples of titles in recent years that had small or smallish print runs, and then shot up in price afterward. Two of those three have since dropped some (Clubhouse got reprinted eventually, and Mario Tennis was rereleased for the Wii), but saying it won't be rare because it's a Nintendo title is pretty easily contradicted by recent history.

Not saying it will be...all I'm saying is that it's definitely possible.

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']That was out a year and a half before you couldn't find copies.[/QUOTE]

Metroid Prime trilogy did not include a music cd and artbook.
:applause: The stupidity of some people amaze me.

Arrggg, I almost hate buying this because the actual game component of the set really is such shit, honestly.

If they'd included Super Mario World and Yoshi's Island, then it'd be a different story. Those games, plus Mario All-Stars, would represent the entire original core 2D Mario platformer series. Hell, even if they'd at least taken the extra effort of including the original NES versions of the games in All-Stars, this would have a little more legitimacy as an actual collector's or anthology set. But as it is now, nothing but All-Stars, same as it was in 1993, no videos or any on-disc collector's material, it's just so pitifully half-assed. Can't say I expected more, I guess.

The 25th anniversary of Super Mario Bros deserves better. Maybe for the 50th, eh Nintendo? :whistle2:(

[quote name='confuxzius192']Metroid Prime trilogy did not include a music cd and artbook.
:applause: The stupidity of some people amaze me.[/QUOTE]
But it did include a beautiful Steelbook case, and also, the actual disc didn't suck ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back