Super Street Fighter IV - Arcade Edition DLC Out Now & Retail Disc Out Now!

[quote name='jonathanp']I believe it's because of lag reasons. When a game requires precise movements like a fighter it's better not to use wireless. Input lag and such...[/QUOTE]

PS3 fight pads are wireless

[quote name='jonathanp']I believe it's because of lag reasons. When a game requires precise movements like a fighter it's better not to use wireless. Input lag and such...[/QUOTE]

Tests have proven that this is no longer a problem for wireless accessories this generation, like the official 360 and PS3 controllers. A lot of people will still prefer wired though.

[quote name='uglyteradon']Why can't they make the 360 fight-pad wireless? It would be so much easier to store if I didn't have to wrap it up and unwind it every time I wanted to play a fighting game.

I had thought Microsoft had lifted this awkward ban on wireless 3rd party technology.[/QUOTE]
Wired isn't that bad. I like it because it makes it a LOT easier to use on a computer :D.

-------

Don't forget everyone - CAG Fighter IV's 1st game night with HD Remix. 9PM EST, hope to see some of you there.

[quote name='distgfx']Tests have proven that this is no longer a problem for wireless accessories this generation, like the official 360 and PS3 controllers. A lot of people will still prefer wired though.[/QUOTE]

Oh really? The more you know...

[quote name='MtlTom']
Don't forget everyone - CAG Fighter IV's 1st game night with HD Remix. 9PM EST, hope to see some of you there.[/QUOTE]

Wow really? How long was this going to last? I'll try to be there.

[quote name='uglyteradon']Why can't they make the 360 fight-pad wireless? It would be so much easier to store if I didn't have to wrap it up and unwind it every time I wanted to play a fighting game.

I had thought Microsoft had lifted this awkward ban on wireless 3rd party technology.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure that MS won't Madcatz to use the 360 tech, while PS3 uses Bluetooth.

You see the same issue with the initial run of Rock Band instruments for the 360 being wired.

[quote name='Bloodbooger']You see the same issue with the initial run of Rock Band instruments for the 360 being wired.[/QUOTE]

I remember that. I had thought Microsoft had gotten over this B.S. after Rock Band and Guitar Hero peripherals all went wireless.

[quote name='jonathanp']
Wow really? How long was this going to last? I'll try to be there.[/QUOTE]
Basically as long as there was people to play with. I sent out some invites but no one really showed up :cry:.

[quote name='BackInBlack']I'm watching Lost right now, Ill FR the Tag and see if anyone is still on at 10.[/QUOTE]
I didn't see this last night but I don't think I added you back till later last night. We'll get it next time.

I'm usually always on Tuesday nights so I'm always down for games then. Other than that I pop on & off at different times throughout the week. GGs to everyone last night.

[quote name='uglyteradon']I remember that. I had thought Microsoft had gotten over this B.S. after Rock Band and Guitar Hero peripherals all went wireless.[/QUOTE]

Microsoft made a special concession on those considering the PS3 and Wii ones were wireless. And the market for plastic music instruments is 5 times bigger than the market for the fightpads.

You also have to remember that wireless controllers are banned in every single tournament out there.

SSFIV is a little over a month away. I pre-ordered it at GS last Friday so I can have it day 1. Can't wait!

[quote name='shinryuu']I'll be on later tonight around 5-6PM PST. I'm on that CAG fighter handle. You will lose to me.[/QUOTE]
I'm usually not a fan of bravado, but I played Shinryuu last Friday. He's right, you'll most likely lose to him, at least a few times. He kicked me around 10 times out of 11 and that 1 win must've been out of pity or lack of concentration. He's pretty damn good and I think he might've even held back against me. Humbling, but fun games, Shinryuu.

I also got to play against (and chat with) ZeroTypeX this evening. We split 4 matches and I had fun talking to him while we were fighting.

I hope I get to play more CAG's on SFIV/HDR remix soon or SSFIV in the near future.

I pre-ordered from Amazon a few minutes ago. $10 Gift card I used for it helps, but it'll get here a week after it comes out.

Anyone else checked out the SSFIV feature on Giant Bomb? Basically them playing for an hour and a half, with them talking about the game. Looks awesome!

[quote name='Fjordson']Anyone else checked out the SSFIV feature on Giant Bomb? Basically them playing for an hour and a half, with them talking about the game. Looks awesome![/QUOTE]

Listening to the character themes, seeing the options and how things unlock were the best part. They played terrible, but seeing things like Vega's U1 change was cool. :lol:

[quote name='GUNNM']didn't even want the game pre-ordered at capcom store for the free ibuki shirt[/QUOTE]

What? The Dojo edition comes with a Dudley shirt but it's $40 more. Is that what you're talking about?

Anyone down for some SF4 later today? My SSF4 stick should be arriving soon (God bless Amazon) and I really want to get as much practice in with it as humanly possible.

I read somewhere, or maybe it was a video.... that in SSFIV you can save your own replays and make your own channel with edited videos. Is there more info about this feature? Replays were limited to the top 500 or so people in SFIV, wondering if its limited again..., plus im curious if PS3 version will be able to upload to youtube accounts. I dont think 360 has those capabilities. Any info would be helpful.

depending on where you live and our connection, i'd be down to play tonight. i will pick random and you can try to beat me. First to 10, you can get a free frogger xbla code. lol

[quote name='shinryuu']depending on where you live and our connection, i'd be down to play tonight. i will pick random and you can try to beat me. First to 10, you can get a free frogger xbla code. lol[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if I can get on tonight (watching the UK-Cornell game at 10 p.m.), but if I do and you're on, you're getting an invite for a rematch, you cocky bastard! Maybe I'll get 2 of 11 this time - haha!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='shinryuu']depending on where you live and our connection, i'd be down to play tonight. i will pick random and you can try to beat me. First to 10, you can get a free frogger xbla code. lol[/QUOTE]

Want to play?

[quote name='The 7th Number']I read somewhere, or maybe it was a video.... that in SSFIV you can save your own replays and make your own channel with edited videos. Is there more info about this feature? Replays were limited to the top 500 or so people in SFIV, wondering if its limited again..., plus im curious if PS3 version will be able to upload to youtube accounts. I dont think 360 has those capabilities. Any info would be helpful.[/QUOTE]

From what I read (can't remember where either), the game may select some of your replays to be hosted for all to see. You have to be at a certain skill level before the game will even consider your replays worthy.

I'm not sure if in addition to that, you can pick and save your own replays to share with friends.

It'd be nice if everyone got all features of the replay system this time. If you could save replays on the PS3 version, that'd be awesome because I imagine with that you could upload them easily.

[quote name='F1ngers of fury']GGs go out to MtlTom and Shinobi Hanzo. Fun matches nice to know people are still interested in playing HDR. Everyone else moved on to sf4.[/QUOTE]
Good games to both of you last night. I love SF4 but I still have lots of love for HDR. The online is far superior to SF4. That might change when SSF4 has lobbies, but I know I'll still be hopping on HDR every now & then.

I've really gotta work on that Ken/Ryu match-up with Honda though. Guile is pretty much the same thing. It's not that bad once I get in, but it's REALLY rough getting in. At least it's not as hard as in vanilla ST :D.

Just a heads up to everyone, HD Remix is going to be on sale on XBL starting tomorrow through April 7th for 560 Points ($7). This is an amazing deal & I recommend everyone into SF at all hop on it.

[quote name='MtlTom']I've really gotta work on that Ken/Ryu match-up with Honda though. Guile is pretty much the same thing. It's not that bad once I get in, but it's REALLY rough getting in. At least it's not as hard as in vanilla ST :D.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the matches last night, guys. I hadn't played HDR in over a year, so those were some rough matches for me last night. Tuesday is usually my Gears night, but if my group flakes out again, I'd be up for more HDR.

[quote name='wjhard63']Thanks for the matches last night, guys. I hadn't played HDR in over a year, so those were some rough matches for me last night. Tuesday is usually my Gears night, but if my group flakes out again, I'd be up for more HDR.[/QUOTE]
Right on. I usually hop on Tuesday nights & I'm generally playing SF4 or HDR. Naturally I'll be playing Super once it comes out too. Feel free to message or invite me any time!

23 more days I hope everyone is hype!!! Get your sticks,controller or whatever you play with and get ready for some old school beat downs woooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

I've never been this stoked for a fighter, even if this is more of a huge update rather than a new title. Got SFIV at release last year on impulse and have been hooked. Can't wait!

I know i asked in the past but at the time nothing was said by capcom so I will ask again. Have they said what the surprise is going to be for people that bought SFIV? I have not read up much about this but I do remember reading that the costumes from SFIV can be used in SSFIV. If that is it then that sucks.

[quote name='sendme']I know i asked in the past but at the time nothing was said by capcom so I will ask again. Have they said what the surprise is going to be for people that bought SFIV? I have not read up much about this but I do remember reading that the costumes from SFIV can be used in SSFIV. If that is it then that sucks.[/QUOTE]

I heard it was an extra color "inkblot", i guess when you attack there are swirls of ink like when you use a focus attack.

[quote name='sendme']I know i asked in the past but at the time nothing was said by capcom so I will ask again. Have they said what the surprise is going to be for people that bought SFIV? I have not read up much about this but I do remember reading that the costumes from SFIV can be used in SSFIV. If that is it then that sucks.[/QUOTE]

Most people are assuming that if you bought the costume packs for SF IV they will work in SSFIV.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Most people are assuming that if you bought the costume packs for SF IV they will work in SSFIV.[/QUOTE]

This is actually confirmed, however it's not the extra surprise!

You don't actually need the original DISC, you only need a save file from vanilla SFIV. This will give you an exclusive 10th color pallet choice for the new characters in SSFIV normally not accessible.

That's all that's been revealed so far...but it's a neat bonus for just playing the first game if that's all we are gonna get.

Looks like amazon removed the pre order costumes in favor for the 10 dollar credit. I still prefer the 10 dollar credit, over some costumes for players i wont use. Im still trying to decide if i really want this game or not.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Looks like amazon removed the pre order costumes in favor for the 10 dollar credit. I still prefer the 10 dollar credit, over some costumes for players i wont use. Im still trying to decide if i really want this game or not.[/QUOTE]

Actually, they offer it in addition to the $10 off.

[quote name='lolwut?']Actually, they offer it in addition to the $10 off.[/QUOTE]

My bad i didnt read it, just noticed the picture was gone. LOL.

[quote name='SNAKE EYES EX']I wish Amazon would add release day delivery. I want/need this sooner![/QUOTE]

Your wish is their command:
[quote name='Amazon']
This item will be released on April 27, 2010.
Pre-order now!
See details. Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available.

Get it the day it comes out!
Pre-order and select Release-Date Delivery at checkout. See details.

10-offer._SL75_V260433304_.jpg

Get a $10 Video Games Credit and Pre-sale Bonus Offer
Pre-order Super Street Fighter IV and get $10 off a future video game purchase. Additionally, you'll get the Super Classic Costume Pack, which features all-new alternate costumes for Guile, Blanka, Dhalsim, Gen and Fei Long. The promotional code will be placed directly into your Amazon.com account within 2 business days after the product ships. Access code will be e-mailed within ten business days after the game releases. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Promotion valid on all existing pre-orders. Limit one per household. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time.

[/QUOTE]

[quote name='PhrostByte']Your wish is their command:[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I went and changed my pre-order to release-day shipping.

bread's done
Back