Super Street Fighter IV - Arcade Edition DLC Out Now & Retail Disc Out Now!

Man... I didn't even want this game till yesterday. I used to love fighting games, but didn't play any for a while after Soul Calibur II. I got SSFIIT HD Remix and thought it was cool, but I sucked at it. I have played Marvel vs. Capcom 2 and it didn't seem as good as it was on the Dreamcast in single player., but was great in multiplayer. Then I played the demo of MvC2 against a friend yesterday and it got me in a fighting game mood.

What's tempting me to buy this most is that I can get it for $40 at Amazon and then get a $10 credit. I can use that to get half off a 1600 points card and get Marvel vs. Capcom 2. I just wish there was a demo for SFIV that I could try.

Just got back into the swing of things with SFIV after almost a year off. I'm pretty terrible at the game, but if anyone would like someone to play with, hit up my GT: TristanGDP

[quote name='Matt Young']
What's tempting me to buy this most is that I can get it for $40 at Amazon and then get a $10 credit. I can use that to get half off a 1600 points card and get Marvel vs. Capcom 2. I just wish there was a demo for SFIV that I could try.[/QUOTE]

You should really just buy Marvel vs Capcom 2 when it's on sale for 560 points. But you've missed it twice, so not sure if there will be another chance...

Just picked this up yesterday at a local shop here in So.Cal

EPIC is all I can say, I'm really impressed with the improvements I've seen so far. Having a blast with the new cast as well.

picked up my copy early!

26294486.jpg

[quote name='Darkside Hazuki']Just snagged two copies at a KMart in Chicago. Playin' it tonight![/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting about KMart, was able to get a copy here in Kansas City. So awesome.

[quote name='Darkside Hazuki']Just snagged two copies at a KMart in Chicago. Playin' it tonight![/QUOTE]

Man, thanks for the heads up, I will hit up K-Mart tomorrow.

Was it just out in the open with all the other games?

[quote name='eastx']You should really just buy Marvel vs Capcom 2 when it's on sale for 560 points. But you've missed it twice, so not sure if there will be another chance...[/QUOTE]

I decided to wait on the points, anyway. But I just checked... MvC2 was never on sale for 560 points. It only went on sale once, 2 months ago, for 800 points.

[quote name='depascal22']MvC2 was 560 points during New Years.[/QUOTE]

Yep this is when I got it as well. Since I decided to switch my fighting gaming from PS3 to 360, I got it at that price figuring it was never going to be that cheap again.

Can someone answer these 2 questions...

1. Will i have to unlock the 10 color options again in SSFIV?

2. Will any of the titles/icons carry over from SFIV? Are they the same from SFIV, with the addition of new character titles?

[quote name='The 7th Number']Can someone answer these 2 questions...

1. Will i have to unlock the 10 color options again in SSFIV?

2. Will any of the titles/icons carry over from SFIV? Are they the same from SFIV, with the addition of new character titles?[/QUOTE]

1. Yes.

2. No.

2.5. I didn't pay enough attention to SFIV to know, sorry. The few I've unlocked seem familiar.

[quote name='Matt Young']I looked at the deals of the week, and it was never on there. Was it some 24 hour holiday sale?[/QUOTE]

It was one of the 24-hour deals they did from Dec. 18-31.
http://www.majornelson.com/archive/2009/12/10/happy-holiday-deals-and-upcoming-schedule.aspx

There was an ad on the dashboard that had a lockbox on each date and then on that date the box opened up and the deal was revealed for that day. I got pissed off because 1 week after I bought the 3 Fallout 3 DLC's I didn't own yet all the Fallout DLC went 1/2 price.

[quote name='The 7th Number']K thanks for the answers. I hope unlocking the colors isnt too hard.[/QUOTE]

To unlock the colors you just pick the characters and play. It doesn't take very long, probably after picking someone 20-30 times or so and all there taunts and colors will be unlocked. They can be unlocked in versus mode too, so if you play locally you can get everything unlocked really quickly.

[quote name='TrenoV']To unlock the colors you just pick the characters and play. It doesn't take very long, probably after picking someone 20-30 times or so and all there taunts and colors will be unlocked. They can be unlocked in versus mode too, so if you play locally you can get everything unlocked really quickly.[/QUOTE]

Wow thats a lot better than having to beat challenges. Thanks for the info. Cant wait till tuesday!

Is there any word on when the DLC costumes will be out for purchase? Last time they had a schedule already set for the first games DLC outfits before the game was released.

I haven't seen a schedule but I hope it's soon, I want my mecha Gief! The only challenges in this game are the trials, and they are MUCH easier in this one compared to the vanilla version. They don't have as many ridiculous links for some of the characters, usually just one or maybe 2 difficult ones. Some have some difficult ones but I haven't had many issues yet. Still have ELF's hardest one though, which I suck at.

Whick kmart in chicago carry this. im having trouble finding it

Remember, if you're looking for other CAGs to play with when this comes out, add the gamertag in my friend's list and use the friend of friend feature to find people!

[quote name='uglyteradon']Amazon has the 360 version listed at 36.99 again.

Also there is already a costume pack up for 320 points.[/QUOTE]

Awesome, looks like I save $3, debating if I should email amazon about it or let their price guarantee thing take care of it. 1 more day!

Anyone interested tomorrow in getting a group of CAG's together in a lobby for team battle/endless battle, maybe around 7 pm EST tomorrow night?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='wjhard63']Anyone interested tomorrow in getting a group of CAG's together in a lobby for team battle/endless battle, maybe around 7 pm EST tomorrow night?[/QUOTE]

I'll play :D

[quote name='wjhard63']Anyone interested tomorrow in getting a group of CAG's together in a lobby for team battle/endless battle, maybe around 7 pm EST tomorrow night?[/QUOTE]

I'll definitely stop in since I'm assuming this will be going on all night (or at least a couple of hours) and I'll probably be playing all night.

I have both versions pre-ordered from amazon using free shipping. I'm planning on picking up a 360 copy at Wal-Mart tonight at midnight.. then when my amazon copies come I can return my Wal-Mart copy.

If anyone wants to play in about 5 hours, HOLLA ATCHA BOY!

[quote name='PhrostByte']I have both versions pre-ordered from amazon using free shipping. I'm planning on picking up a 360 copy at Wal-Mart tonight at midnight.. then when my amazon copies come I can return my Wal-Mart copy.

If anyone wants to play in about 5 hours, HOLLA ATCHA BOY![/QUOTE]

I wish I had the transportation to go to a midnight launch, but I'm content with picking it up at Gamestop first thing in the morning.

If you guys are still playing, I'm down in a bit!

DLC code? I have seen nothing on Amazon about that, unless you mean the $10 credit.

I would like to play tomorrow, but I should have at least 1 and possibly 2 Madden league games to play, so it may not be till later.

Yeah, you were supposed to get the first DLC pack free with preorder, in addition to the $10 credit. They pulled the DLC code mention from the product page today, but hopefully people who preordered before that will still get it.

I never even saw it before. Hmm.

Aye dawg, did you mail that package today?

Also, sorry for not calling. I ended up playing Left 4 Dead 2 with FrankySox and totally lost track of time. Then today was a looooong one.

The first DLC pack is on XBLM. Same crappy price as the original costumes. It's a set of 5 costumes for 5 of the new fighters. I forget which ones.

[quote name='KingBroly']The first DLC pack is on XBLM. Same crappy price as the original costumes. It's a set of 5 costumes for 5 of the new fighters. I forget which ones.[/QUOTE]

Hakan, Makoto, Dudley, Guy, and Dee Jay. They added it yesterday for some reason and the size of the file is rather suspicious.

The code for Amazon is for Guile, Blanka, Gen, Dhalsim, and Fei-Long. It was on the website and was listed in the same box as the 10 dollar credit information. I'm still curious to know if the game actually comes with alternate outfits out of the box.

Blarrrrrgh!!! Looking forward to playing today, but I wake up to an email from Amazon saying my shipment was delayed for some reason. They are refunding the release date delivery shipping cost, but now I have to wait till tomorrow. :cry::bomb::bs:

I would just go to town and buy a copy but then I'd have to pay full price. $25 gift cert + $10 game credit + shipping refund = $2 copy from Amazon, but have to wait another day = bitter sweetness.

bread's done
Back