Super Street Fighter IV - Arcade Edition DLC Out Now & Retail Disc Out Now!

[quote name='MSUHitman']Anyone heard anything about how the new SSF IV anime will be distributed? Is it going to be a retail release this time?[/QUOTE]

Last I read is that it will be included in the special edition version for Japan (if they finish it in time). Chances are it will be released here on DVD at some time.

The previous special edition wasn't too bad; you got a pretty good portion of the soundtrack on CD and the anime. It should have also included all of the alternate costumes, not just a pack.

This time, there's the Capcom Store exclusive bundle with the duffel bag and shirt, neither of which excite me (nor do the thumb wresting puppets from GameStop). Again, a special edition for SSFIV with the soundtrack, the anime, and all of the alternate costumes would have been preferred. In fact, the alternate costumes should have been unlockable, like the colors from SFIV, instead of the worthless little pictures and sayings. Apparently all of the flack customers gave Capcom for having to pay (a pretty hefty) price) for stuff that was already on the disc landed on deaf ears. Kind of a dick move to repeat it. It would be nice if they at least put them on sale on XBL like they are on PSN.

I hope Capcom is considering something else besides an extra color for those who have SFIV.

Lots of complaints from someone who is planning on getting SSFIV on day one. :) I think I have the right because a.) it's the Internet and b.) I've been filling Capcom's bank account for decades buying Street Fighter games and merchandise.

[quote name='jughead']Thanks. I went and changed my pre-order to release-day shipping.[/QUOTE]

So much win. Thanks for the heads up.

Hmm bout the same, only thing I'm not looking forward to is those damn combo trials again.Took me 100+hrs to finish the sf4 ones now there is more chars. that just sucks.

[quote name='F1ngers of fury']Hmm bout the same, only thing I'm not looking forward to is those damn combo trials again.Took me 100+hrs to finish the sf4 ones now there is more chars. that just sucks.[/QUOTE]

Yeah i hope they redo those trials. Instead of making us do them all for 3 new pics, why not give us rewards as we progress. 50% done pic 1, 75% done pic 2, 100% done pic 3. I was only able to finish Sakura and the Dictator (Bison). Also i hope they make them a little easier.

Yes, I hated the trials. I have a great arcade stick, but sitting there for hours and hoping to get that split-second timing down does nothing for me.

Pretty sure I heard from somewhere that the trials for the people returning are the same. Only character that will be difficult trial wise out of the new people will definitely be Ibuku due to super jump cancelling shenanigans.

15_ssf4blog07-jpg.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIXjxIY15dA&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFkO7KfbnfE&feature=related

Has there been any mention if they will release alt costume DLC packs week by week? Really wish they would just release them all at once, even if they hold off releasing an all-in-one pack a month or two later.

The all-in-one-pack is such a better deal though. And Capcom releases them consistently, so I might hold out for the pack this time.

sorry, i've never been into street fighter and i've been hearing alot about this game, but i still want to know what the difference between this and the regular one is?

• Enhanced online play featuring new modes:
    • Team Battles: Up to eight players can participate in 2 vs. 2, 3 vs. 3, or 4 vs. 4 team elimination battles.
    • Endless Battle: Up to eight players can participate in an endless elimination online match where the winner stays on and plays against the next player in true arcade fashion. Spectators can also chat with each other as they watch the match.
    • Replay Channel: You can view recorded matches and discuss the match while watching replays of great matches from players around the world.
  • 10 new characters (8 returning characters [2 from SF II, 3 from Street Fighter Alpha series, 3 from Street Fighter III series,] and 2 brand new characters.)
  • Each character can choose from 2 different Ultra combos (you pick which one you want before the match starts similar to SF III.)
  • Bonus Stages: Return of the classic car and barrel bonus stages made popular in Street Fighter II both available in arcade and challenge modes:
    • Car stage: Annihilate the car with regular and special moves before the time runs out.
    • Barrel stage: Players are given 20 barrels and must destroy as many as they can within the time limit.
  • All playable Street Fighter IV characters will be unlocked out of the box.
  • Gameplay has been rebalanced to provide challenges for both newcomers as well as the most seasoned Street Fighter pro.
  • Traditional “2D” Street Fighter six-button gameplay
There is also supposed to be a downloadable tournament mode after the game launch.

2 Ultras per char
New alt outfits
10 new characters
Team Battle mode(online)
Return of the Bonus Stages(Barrel Break,Car Smash)
Character specific rankings
New Stages
Quarter Rooms(8 Player lobbies)
Can listen to Character specific music during matches
....Think I got it all so yea its a big update

[quote name='jab1235']sorry, i've never been into street fighter and i've been hearing alot about this game, but i still want to know what the difference between this and the regular one is?[/QUOTE]

Seriously!? Seriously?!?!?!

More fighters. More stages. Bonus stages. Many fighters from SFIV were revised (buffed, etc.) It might as well be called "Street Fighter 5" instead of "Super Street Fighter 4." There is so much stuff changed and added that it is pure insanity. And, hell, the new retail for SFIV is $30 and SSFIV is only going to be $40. So, for only $10 more you get soooooo much more!

^ I should do a Shamwow style commercial for SSFIV, lol. Minus the beating of hookers, of course.

Edit: Ah... you bitches beat me to it, lol. :p

I am so glad that all fighters will be unlocked from SFIV. I did not want to try and get Seth, Akuma and Gouken again. Bad enough that now that I have the game on the PS3 when I get a stick I will want to get them on it.

EDIT: Damnit from the list of Achievements I wonder if he is unlocked and all you need to do is beat him and get that achievement or if you still have to unlock him.

[quote name='sendme']I am so glad that all fighters will be unlocked from SFIV. I did not want to try and get Seth, Akuma and Gouken again. Bad enough that now that I have the game on the PS3 when I get a stick I will want to get them on it.

EDIT: Damnit from the list of Achievements I wonder if he is unlocked and all you need to do is beat him and get that achievement or if you still have to unlock him.[/QUOTE]
It's been confirmed that all characters are unlocked from the get-go. The only thing you'll need to unlock are titles, icons, personal actions, and colors.

Do we know yet what bonus Capcom is giving to owners of SFIV? I know they mentioned something about SFIV owners getting something extra in SSFIV, but I still have yet to hear what that might be, or how we would acquire it.

[quote name='BingoBrown']Do we know yet what bonus Capcom is giving to owners of SFIV? I know they mentioned something about SFIV owners getting something extra in SSFIV, but I still have yet to hear what that might be, or how we would acquire it.[/QUOTE]

Just an extra color if you have a SF 4 save file.

Neither of those are confirmed.. for what it's worth the rumor I've heard is that the 11th color adds watercolor or ink effects to every move.

[quote name='KingBroly']SF4 costumes are supposed to carry over.[/QUOTE]
I'm pretty sure this one has been confirmed. I do remember them specifically saying that the old costumes will carry over for the Vanilla SF4 characters giving them 3 total, while the new characters will only have 2 (original & 1 alt). I just can't remember where/when I heard that.

We'll find out soon. 2 WEEKS, GET HYPE!

The hope I have (albeit futile probably) is that all your unlocks (colors, actions, titles, icons) carry over from SF4 to SSF4. But I doubt that's going to happen.

[quote name='KingBroly']The hope I have (albeit futile probably) is that all your unlocks (colors, actions, titles, icons) carry over from SF4 to SSF4. But I doubt that's going to happen.[/QUOTE]

I hope so too, Sakura 10th color using her alt is best! ;) Ill be mad if i cant unlock it in SSFIV. If the 11th color is inky, hopefully its unlocked from the start.

Well, by looking at the achievements, you can unlock colors. But having to do ALL THOSE Challenges AGAIN would suck, especially if you did it once and it's basically the same thing.

[quote name='MtlTom']I'm pretty sure this one has been confirmed. I do remember them specifically saying that the old costumes will carry over for the Vanilla SF4 characters giving them 3 total, while the new characters will only have 2 (original & 1 alt). I just can't remember where/when I heard that.

We'll find out soon. 2 WEEKS, GET HYPE![/QUOTE]

Oh yeah. I think it's confirmed that old costumes will carry over. Colors won't. What I meant was that the "surprise" for SFIV owners wasn't confirmed. I believe it will be inkyness though. :]

All characters unlocked from the start? Dunno if I like that; they did the same thing for MvC2, and I've hardly played it since I bought it at release for that very reason.

[quote name='lolwut?']All characters unlocked from the start? Dunno if I like that; they did the same thing for MvC2, and I've hardly played it since I bought it at release for that very reason.[/QUOTE]
After having to unlock all the characters again in SF4 recently I can say this is a VERY good thing.

I can see where lolwut is coming from but the only real reason they did this (IMO) is so the hardcore sf4 players don't have to waste the time playing arcade mode to get all the chars. That way they can go right online or local play and pick any char. they want.

[quote name='MtlTom']After having to unlock all the characters again in SF4 recently I can say this is a VERY good thing.[/QUOTE]

I played through SF4 as well (and never even unlocked Gouken), and I still want to have a reason to play Arcade mode :bouncy:

[quote name='eastx']If they wanted you to play arcade mode, they wouldn't end it with Seth! ;)[/QUOTE]

Tell me about it, i was playing SFIV a few days ago and all he does is grab, so lame.

Well today i decided to pre order SSFIV. Also did the free month of amazon prime. It said free 2 day shipping but on the SSFIV page i was able to 1 click and get release date delivery. I didnt know that. Now i just have to wait for its release so i can pre order red dead redemption and use the 10 off credit i get from SSFIV.

Someone on my friends list has this already...somehow. Of course he wouldn't tell me. "Who broke street date?" I asked. I got no response.

I'm watching the House of Cicada stream right now for SSFIV. They've been playing for almost 24 hours straight...

Dammit, I want this yesterday. Yes, yesterday.

Street date wasn't broken. The pirates got to it.. argg.. that said I can't wait to get my hands on this game. Hopefully I can find a 24-hour Wal-Mart to sell it at midnight.

I really don't understand how pirates get this stuff. It boggles the mind that reviewers are just getting copies now and they've already managed to leak it for illegal downloading.

Odds are they got it though some event, stole a copy. Could be worse though, such as Aksys have your game ripped from the cab and then put all over the web for people to download :(

It looks the the special bonus for original SF4 owners is more colors. There's the ink one like the filter in PC SF4, and there's the line art like in the SSF4 art. Noticed it while watching some of the streams out there, then read a post on SRK saying that's what the bonus is. You don't need the disc, just a save file.

bread's done
Back