Super Street Fighter IV - Arcade Edition DLC Out Now & Retail Disc Out Now!

Would love to be playing this now, but it hasn't arrived yet. First and last time i buy anything from Zavvi ¬_¬

Gen's jump is higher and slower. Crossing up with Gen just isn't the same anymore. sigh. :(
Also, his middle kick(Crane) doesn't cross up when your opponent is in the corner.

[quote name='kurrptsenate']I'm glad they got rid of the MK-> hand slap non sense[/QUOTE]

That was one of the only things Gen had going for him. Taking away his handslap combos made him even worse.

that one guy who played as chun-li just hand slapped half her matches.. it was annoying and abusive. sure you could get a few hits here or there . but he would just go hand slapping

being able to combo out of a super, or double jump kicking into a low hit, into and ex roll still does amazing damage. Coupled with the fact he has 2 different styles and 2 different ultras, he definitely has other tools.

Just got this today. Will be on in the next few hours or less. If any one wants to hand me my ass. Just hit me up on live gt is shazo. Played as one of the new people and I can tell I have not played in a long time.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']That makes me sad. I got tired of playing online and watching people turtle and build up their revenge meter.

I will pass on SSFIV :(

I'm also probably in the minority when I say I thought the Ultra Combo system was a bad decision by Capcom in the first place. Why should you reward players who are getting beat down and punish the player delivering the beat down?

With the focus, charge, and super moves, there's more than enough ways for a player who is losing during the round to fight their way back.[/QUOTE]

really? focuses are very punishable/escapable, ultras are predictable, often blockable, and often punishable, as are supers. If you're getting caught by these things, that's not the game's fault. It's a great way to keep pressure up on both players, while staying pretty damn balanced.

I agree with Ninja Dog. I'm not crazy about Ultras, but desperation attacks are pretty common in fighting games so it's not a big deal.

[quote name='GuardianE']Bah, I was working late last night, and then went out for a movie... I was thinking of SSFIV the whole time. :cry:

I was experimenting with a lot of new characters on wednesday. I totally agree with bs000 that we should have a new character only set. 11pm's so late to get started! I'll probably be on anyways though.

They seem to have made a bunch of improvements to Cammy. Despite her CQC that is essentially worthless save for a few situations, her normals seems stronger. I know they nerfed her Cannon Spike a bit, but I definitely think those boosts to her normals helped.[/QUOTE]

I wish I could make it on earlier but the little girl holding the TE stick under my user name FADC's my time with SSFIV until she's asleep for the night. I can't wait to get on and mix it up with everyone tonight.

Yeah, Cammy got a few improvements, but her C.Drill/Spiral Arrow still isn't safe to use when your opponent's blocking. I'd like to see more applications of the CQC, but I think U1 is the preferred option. I'm thinking of learning T.Hawk better for ranked match wins because of his insane range.

I'd totally be up for a new character only night. Just let me know the time and I'll probably be late, but I'll be there.

[quote name='ninja dog']really? focuses are very punishable/escapable, ultras are predictable, often blockable, and often punishable, as are supers. If you're getting caught by these things, that's not the game's fault. It's a great way to keep pressure up on both players, while staying pretty damn balanced.[/QUOTE]

I just like the idea of having a player "claw" his way back into a fight instead of landing one single ultra combo and having it suddenly be a fight again is all I was trying to get at.

I can appreciate someone who skillfully uses tactics to get back into a fight, instead of pretty much thinking "how am I going to land this ultra?" once that Revenge meter fills up.

It should be noted though that I do not claim to be a high level player. I'd consider myself an above average Street Fighter player, having grown up with it since SFII. I'm the type of guy who will kick the shit out of his friends, but would get my ass handed to me by a real proper player. Although when HD Remix came out, I actually sat down, learned tactics and combos and probably got the best at Street Fighter as I've ever been. Again, would still get my ass handed to me by "real players", but my win % was probably a decent amount above the .500 mark and could hold my own. It's too bad the leaderboards glitched out in that game :(

I'm a stubborn gamer when it comes to the games I really played a lot. If they make some big changes in some franchise and they don't jive with me, I typically stop playing that franchise. So, the issue is with me, not SSFIV, but I figure I ask and see if they addressed my particular issue at all.

[quote name='wjhard63']I wish I could make it on earlier but the little girl holding the TE stick under my user name FADC's my time with SSFIV until she's asleep for the night. I can't wait to get on and mix it up with everyone tonight.

Yeah, Cammy got a few improvements, but her C.Drill/Spiral Arrow still isn't safe to use when your opponent's blocking. I'd like to see more applications of the CQC, but I think U1 is the preferred option. I'm thinking of learning T.Hawk better for ranked match wins because of his insane range.

I'd totally be up for a new character only night. Just let me know the time and I'll probably be late, but I'll be there.[/QUOTE]

Hahah, no doubt the cutie in your avatar takes priority, man. I'll see you online tonight afterward.

I'm probably just going to hop on in about a half hour if anyone wants to go a few rounds.

[quote name='wjhard63']I had good matches with KingBroly, TooLateforRoses, DimaBraun, & LostRoad last night (I think there was another in our group but I don't remember the GT). A lot of fun in Endless battle (TooLate & I tried out a lot of the new characters) and I got to face Dima's crazy cross-up Blanka. I hope to catch more CAG's on tonight around 11 pm EST.

Where were you last night, Guard? I was ready to punish that scrubby Ken of yours with my righteous Cammy, haha (or in other words, I was ready for the 0-10 whupping from your Ken).[/QUOTE]

Ah shucks. Thanks for the compliment. You weren't doing too bad yourself. We should play again tonight when I get off.. this time the girl will be at work so I won't be bothered. :]

Hello hello, are you guys gonna be on tonight? Who can I msg/add to get on the endless battle party?

MY XBLIVE ID is

Ang Colette

[quote name='bs000']Solar Eclipse![/QUOTE]

Hahah, good games, bs000. When you didn't pick Solar Eclipse that one match, I thought you had some secret ace up your sleeve. :p

And good games to Shinobi Hanzo and Busta Uppa. That was a ton of fun, guys. I am seriously addicted to this game. Thanks for the matches. I'm always up for future games.

Last edited by a moderator:
I played on PS3 tonight but I think I'm going to mostly play on Xbox from now on. Luckily I have a day off tomorrow. :]

[quote name='PhrostByte']I played on PS3 tonight but I think I'm going to mostly play on Xbox from now on. Luckily I have a day off tomorrow. :][/QUOTE]

Fool, you knew the ps3 would be trash. I want team battles! Stop messing around with flow charts.

Oi, I still can't figure out anything with Makoto T_T; Certainly going to need someone that can think out of the box to use her effectively. Nothing really consistent about her is going to constantly get her wins.

[quote name='PhrostByte']I played on PS3 tonight but I think I'm going to mostly play on Xbox from now on. Luckily I have a day off tomorrow. :][/QUOTE]

Is it just me or does the PS3 version look like ass? Not trolling, cuz there are many beautiful games on ps3.

[quote name='sendme']How do you do all the cancles? That is one of the things I could never get.[/QUOTE]Since most of the supers (notice I said super and not ultra) in the game are usually something like two fireball motions, you can use this fact to your advantage. Take for example, Ryu. His normal fireball is d, d/f, f + P. His super is d, d/f, f, d, d/f, f + P. To cancel from a normal fireball into his super fireball, do this:

get up close to the opponent, then do: d, d/f, f + P, d, d/f, f + P

Make sure you get up close to the opponent to do this; being far away will not allow you to do this.

[quote name='GuardianE']Hahah, good games, bs000. When you didn't pick Solar Eclipse that one match, I thought you had some secret ace up your sleeve. :p

And good games to Shinobi Hanzo and Busta Uppa. That was a ton of fun, guys. I am seriously addicted to this game. Thanks for the matches. I'm always up for future games.[/QUOTE]

I was practicing Dudley all day, and then when we were playing I kept hitting all the wrong buttons anyway :(

[quote name='VidPower']Watch this video:
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-character-super-street/62758[/QUOTE]

That's just a walkthrough for her simple stuff, things that I pretty much knew walking into the game. I've seen Justin and James Chen play Makoto and honestly, you have to think out of the box with her and as I said before, there is really no consistency in her gameplan other than think, think and overthink but not overthink at the same time. She also has some pretty terrible match ups too with nearly half of the cast.

I'll keep using her but... she needs more to be competitive, I don't her being used in tournaments much.

[quote name='wjhard63'] I'm thinking of learning T.Hawk better for ranked match wins because of his insane range.

I'd totally be up for a new character only night. Just let me know the time and I'll probably be late, but I'll be there.[/QUOTE]
His range is insane indeed, but he has a rough time getting in with zoning heavy characters. But he's a lot of fun so far.

How does Wednesday night sound for everyone for a new character only endless battle? That'll give everyone a little over a week to figure everything out.

TooLateForRoses, LostRoad: Yeah I guess I only got it so I could play whoever wanted to offer a challenge. It's like a ghost town on PS3, no one ever talks. :\

[quote name='VidPower']Since most of the supers (notice I said super and not ultra) in the game are usually something like two fireball motions, you can use this fact to your advantage. Take for example, Ryu. His normal fireball is d, d/f, f + P. His super is d, d/f, f, d, d/f, f + P. To cancel from a normal fireball into his super fireball, do this:

get up close to the opponent, then do: d, d/f, f + P, d, d/f, f + P

Make sure you get up close to the opponent to do this; being far away will not allow you to do this.[/QUOTE]

i myself would only be able to do this if the game ran at 2 frames a second. i just cant comprehend button controls AND movement and strategy all in one in a fighting game

[quote name='BackInBlack']Is it just me or does the PS3 version look like ass? Not trolling, cuz there are many beautiful games on ps3.[/QUOTE]

In what way? I have it on PS3 currently, and it looks a bit...washed out? As well as a bit jaggy, but every multiplatform game has that look that I've seen.

[quote name='animalspinners']In what way? I have it on PS3 currently, and it looks a bit...washed out? As well as a bit jaggy, but every multiplatform game has that look that I've seen.[/QUOTE]

Granted SFIV was 720p just as this one is on ps3, but SFIV look just as good as the 360 version i thought, no jaggies. This time around i'm not too impressed.

Also, I WISH capcom had implement a new characters only playlist. I joined a 4 player endless battle the guy winning was 15+ and wasn't picking any new chars. You are pretty much rewarded not to try new characters out. My hakan gave his fei long somewhat of a run for his money and against his Dh not too much.

Endless Battle is more for playing with your friends. Being on PS3, those people probably didn't even have mics, so it would be hard to communicate and do special requests like that.

Sorry to Fleshribbon, ChaseorbeChased, and the other CAG's that invited me in the SSFIV endless battle last night. I got caught up in Hakan's trials and when I was done I requested an invite, but I think you guys were in the middle of a battle. Since I didn't know if the room was full, I waited for 15 minutes for an invite, but figured you guys were full.

Good games on Friday night with bs000, Guardian, & BustaUppa. That was a lot of fun and I liked the new/non-main character rule we had going. bs000 was definitely unstoppable once we turned off our new/non-main character rule with his Ken/Rufus combo.

I should be on later tonight (11 p.m. EST again) for team/endless battles.

Noob/blind man question.

Where do I see my Win/Loss ratio online? I'm only seeing battle points and what not.

This game is the tits though.

I'm going to be getting this game soon, and I was curious if you guys could recommend me some sticks to look at/think about getting. I'm not going to be incredibly competitive, but I do have a birthday coming up and it might be a cool present to ask for. What do you guys think?

Unfortunately SE fight sticks are at cheapest $60 on buy.com now. I'd have said when they were$ 40 they would have been a great deal for ur needs. $60 is a fine price considering next best price will be $130 for higher end sticks.

I'm hopping on right now. Anyone hit me up to play.

And whoever asked about ur win loss, just go to player record right on the title and pick player records and scroll l/r.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Noob/blind man question.

Where do I see my Win/Loss ratio online? I'm only seeing battle points and what not.

This game is the tits though.[/QUOTE]

I was wondering the same thing.

[quote name='cdietschrun']I'm going to be getting this game soon, and I was curious if you guys could recommend me some sticks to look at/think about getting. I'm not going to be incredibly competitive, but I do have a birthday coming up and it might be a cool present to ask for. What do you guys think?[/QUOTE]
If you can swing for it/get it for a present - the TE fightstick is amazing. The SE is nice as well, but I modded mine with Sanwa parts (making it the same as the TE).

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Noob/blind man question.

This game is the tits though.[/QUOTE]
It's under player data on the main menu. It splits up player matches & ranked matches though.

If you're gonna get serious about playing and paying close to 60-70 bucks for the SE, might as well wait a bit till the TE drops to $99 on amazon again. Hopping on xblive right now, D+ grade but up for some ass whoopin.

add me xbl: ang colette

peace.

3 round my record = 0/100000000
1 round matches = 2/5 would have been a 3 but in a match the guy was good enough to survive with 1% health "cryface"

i love the game but Im so sick of spammers im just doing it myself now. if a guy proceeds to do the same move three time. all i do is grab him until the match is over. i was fighting this ken and all he did was the hydoken uppercut thing with the fire. and i had him beat until he started spamming it.

You have to learn defense to stuff like that. I find the Shoryuken annoying too, but you can block/dodge and then punish the attacker.

bread's done
Back