Superfast, superfast, OTT came in last, but just in time for breakfast

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll play it some tomorrow but then I'm staying at my girlfriend's tomorrow (I have to take her dad to the airport in the morning on Wednesday so he can go to Afghanistan for the 2nd time in 8 months), so I won't get to play it much.

[quote name='Eviltude']The first guy to get it literally screamed with excitement. I couldn't believe it.[/QUOTE]

:lol:

I've done two midnite launches - one was MGS4. Standing in line with a bunch of 'billies, this car of high school girls pulls up and asks what we were in line for. Naturally, one person very matter-of-factly states "Metal Gear Sold 4: Guns of the Patriots" (said with a lisp, natch). The girls scream "NERDS!!!" and drive off.

Of course, they were quite right. A rather funny moment to me, aside from the rhino-sized woman in front of me seated in a folding chair, chain smoking menthols like she needed them to continue living, who had the brilliant plan of buying the MGS4 PS3 console to resell for a tidy profit (not the grey one, the regular black one).

Enjoy the fuck out of FFXIII, y'all. The tv commercials have me wanting to pick up the english version and play through it again. Still seething that my PS3 shit out and took my FFXIII savegame to the grave with it - had about 85 hours on it.

I have a "gun-metal grey" PS3, but the HDMI port got fried in a thunder storm a while back. I told sony and they said they would fix it, I asked them if they would fix it or give me a different console and they said most I would most likely get a refurb so I didn't send it in.

I did the midnight launch for Halo 2, but I went to Blockbuster. I was home by 12:10 while the 200 people lined up at Gamestop left at 2.

I completely forgot about FFXIII until I saw the crowd at GS and wondered why they were still open.

LP, when you inexplicably buy FFXIII from Amazon and forget why after a week, you should give it to me dirt cheap.

Morning, OTT.

I'm thinking I'll step out and get FFXIII sometime today. Deal wise, where is the best B&M place to pick it up?

That sentence almost makes no sense...I need coffee.

EDIT: Looks like Toys R Us, but I don't need a TRU gift card. I think I'll wait till Friday, so I can use my 10% coupon from Best Buy and get the extra 500 points.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Those are in game costumes? Is that what you meant? :(
When Hellbringer said avatar costumes, I thought he meant stuff for my XBL avatar -- like a Ryu/Ken gi or something.[/QUOTE]
Yea my mistake, my brother said avatar costumes in his email. I haven't seen what it is.

[quote name='manthing']I have to find a way to change my indifference to FFXIII[/QUOTE]

$56.99 at Buy.com (through Amazon) with free standard shipping and not taxed, atleast for me. I know that's not a deal breaker or anything....

Now do I wait for it for a week and get it without tax, thus making it $7 less. But that's without the Amazon $10 promo, since it is shipped through Buy.com

[quote name='craven_fiend']$56.99 at Buy.com (through Amazon) with free standard shipping and not taxed, atleast for me. I know that's not a deal breaker or anything....[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

--

Don't worry manthing. I'm indifferent to FF13 too. I have it over there and I don't care enough to start it. I have a block in my head that screams "BUT YOU NEVER FINISHED FF12!!!"

I think part of it has been my general disappointment at all major installments of the series after FF9.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']:rofl:

--

Don't worry manthing. I'm indifferent to FF13 too. I have it over there and I don't care enough to start it. I have a block in my head that screams "BUT YOU NEVER FINISHED FF12!!!"

I think part of it has been my general disappointment at all major installments of the series after FF9.[/QUOTE]

I know, I know. A more convincing argument would've been something along the lines of $39.99 with free overnight shipping. That would be a no brainer for me.

Though, I think may just go rent it and then buy. But who knows, I've got to do shit around the house today and can't blame fussy kids on it not getting done. The thrills of being laidoff. But hey, on the brightside I've got an interview Thursday and it's not really a promising prospect, but it's a job and I don't have a degree, yet, so I can't be too choosy (other than fast food and restaurants, will not work those unless it's that or no money).

Final Fantasy Adventure for
www.MessenTools.com-Pokemon-pok267.gif
was the best FF game ever.

It should be remade and put on PSN/XBLA.

[quote name='craven_fiend']$56.99 at Buy.com (through Amazon) with free standard shipping and not taxed, atleast for me. I know that's not a deal breaker or anything....
[/QUOTE]

Pfft...if anything I'd get it from BB like #83 said.

Is the rumor of a 36GB install on PS3 true?

If you're indifferent but want it still (huh?) wait a few weeks. It'll be $40 somewhere, just like Mass Effect 2 was yesterday.

FF Adventure was a "secret of mana" game, wasn't it? ;)

[quote name='mykevermin']
FF Adventure was a "secret of mana" game, wasn't it? ;)[/QUOTE]

:nottalking:

It was called a FF game, so it counts as a FF game.

[quote name='mykevermin']race and police; it's a research article. but it doesn't have to be good. ;)[/QUOTE]

Cops HATE minorites. The end.

You could cleverly rip off Boyz n The Hood.

----

I haven't liked a FF game since FF3 (think that was six in Japan).

[quote name='mykevermin']race and police; it's a research article. but it doesn't have to be good. ;)[/QUOTE]

I recommend using Nixonland as one of your sources. There's actually quite a bit in there on the race riots of the late 60's in the first third of the book.

I woudl think you could just rip the lyrics from Rage Against The Machine.

Had a job interview today. How can companies think they're going to get a reliable employee to bust their butt for $9/hr?

Though, it does have a union, have tons of paid time off, provide awesome benefits and have the possibility of advancement... :whistle2:k

[quote name='Maklershed']Don't worry Chika - they'll put you in charge of the fryolator in no time. :whee:[/QUOTE]

Dude, no joke, McD's pays more than that. The one down the road is $10/hr. Yes, I know because I really contemplated applying. I already applied at the supermarkets, Target and gas station.

[quote name='st0neface']I've made $10/hr for the past 2 years. Plus, I've turned down a promotion twice since in the past 3 months. :cool:[/QUOTE]

I was making $23/hr at the medical society but only working 35 hrs/week. Then I made $15/hr at the orthodontist. I'm going hardcore in the wrong direction.

The nice things about this potential job:
Only 10 minute drive, max
union
holidays
sick time
vacation
medical/dental/vision/life insurance
retirement plan
affiliated with a major HMO and after 30 days I can apply to any job within the whole organization
guaranteed promotions/raises (though not large)
manager takes care of her staff(but is crazy as bat shit)
my friend works there

negatives:
I'd be making peanuts. Then again, I probably wouldn't even be able to afford to buy peanuts on that. This is NY, shit is expensive.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Chika']I was making $23/hr at the medical society but only working 35 hrs/week. Then I made $15/hr at the orthodontist. I'm going hardcore in the wrong direction.[/QUOTE]

I'd gladly take either of those in a heartbeat. But I wasn't proactive enough to stick it out in college 8 years ago. Now I'm paying for it with a dead end job that has layoffs yearly and is very likely to not call me back. But as long as I keep up on my union dues, they have to keep me. Or close the plant, which is very likely.

Funny this is, those wages where I live, would be awesome. Here, I've manage to feed a family, buy a house, and stay above water with a $12/hr job and my wife working part time. Hopefully she can put her RN to better work and get a hospital job and out of the doctor's office. But that another story, since she wants Birthing units. She's to the point of settling for MedSurg/ER to get experience. As well as thinking of getting her Nurse Practitioners degree, but that requires experience as well.

I'm interviewing for a job that likely only pays minimum wage on Thursday, but unemployment loves part time workers and may actually reward me with a bit more on their end if I work part time.

[quote name='Chika']I was making $23/hr at the medical society but only working 35 hrs/week. Then I made $15/hr at the orthodontist. I'm going hardcore in the wrong direction.

The nice things about this potential job:
Only 10 minute drive, max
union
holidays
sick time
vacation
medical/dental/vision/life insurance
retirement plan
affiliated with a major HMO and after 30 days I can apply to any job within the whole organization
guaranteed promotions/raises (though not large)
manager takes care of her staff(but is crazy as bat shit)
my friend works there

negatives:
I'd be making peanuts. Then again, I probably wouldn't even be able to afford to buy peanuts on that. This is NY, shit is expensive.[/QUOTE]
I didn't realize the orthodontist assistants got paid so little, no wonder they always seem to be in a shitty mood.

You ever consider adjuncting at a community college?

Around here, $44k/yr is considered (by the Dept of Social Services) median income for someone that is single without kids. Rent for a 1BR apt is between $800-1200/mo depending on if it's on-street parking and someone renting out their attic/basement or if it's a nice new unit in a complex with decent parking lot.

[quote name='JolietJake']I didn't realize the orthodontist assistants got paid so little, no wonder they always seem to be in a shitty mood.

You ever consider adjuncting at a community college?[/QUOTE]

I've applied. Never heard back. I did teach at a vocational school for a while.

I worry about what i'm going to do after college, hopefully things will be better in two years or so. I'll be pissed if i end up in some dead end job after spending all this time and money in school.:bomb:

[quote name='JolietJake']I worry about what i'm going to do after college, hopefully things will be better in two years or so. I'll be pissed if i end up in some dead end job after spending all this time and money in school.:bomb:[/QUOTE]

AND I went to grad school. I can't even afford to pay my school loans at this point, they're on deferment. I'm a combo of raging pissed and hardcore depressed. Usually the depression keeps the rage to a minimum, since I don't have the energy to multi-task like that.

[quote name='Chika']Around here, $44k/yr is considered (by the Dept of Social Services) median income for someone that is single without kids. Rent for a 1BR apt is between $800-1200/mo depending on if it's on-street parking and someone renting out their attic/basement or if it's a nice new unit in a complex with decent parking lot.[/QUOTE]
Most decent apartments/townhomes around here are about $700-$800. If you were single making $44k a year here you'd be pretty well off.

[quote name='Chika']AND I went to grad school. I can't even afford to pay my school loans at this point, they're on deferment. I'm a combo of raging pissed and hardcore depressed. Usually the depression keeps the rage to a minimum, since I don't have the energy to multi-task like that.[/QUOTE]
I'm surprised you can't find something in the medical industry, i keep hearing about that being a growth industry. Maybe they mean nurses/doctors.

[quote name='Chika']Around here, $44k/yr is considered (by the Dept of Social Services) median income for someone that is single without kids. Rent for a 1BR apt is between $800-1200/mo depending on if it's on-street parking and someone renting out their attic/basement or if it's a nice new unit in a complex with decent parking lot.[/QUOTE]

As much as I shit on where I live, I truly hate living here, the cost of living is sustainable at $44k/yr. That's what we were making working as a factory worker (me) and a glorified CNA (my wife, while in school). With the right job, she'll make that on her own, so any contribution from me would be more than we're used to making. And, if all goes well and I get my degree in 3 years, or she gets her NP degree or becomes an adjunct after/if she goes back to school, we'll be good to go, as long as we get her loans paid off and mine reasonable (depend of a VA still kicks in until 120 credit hours, so loans pay bills). Hopefully I can get my head out of my ass in time to transfer and do well in accounting. But that's in a few years and my goal is to have a degree and my foot in the door with some accounting firm or a related field by the time my son (3 in October) starts Kindergarten.

The worst part of all of this, is I'm 26 and should realistically have had my degree for 3 or 4 years by now and be doing something with my life. But that's not the case and I despise my 18-20 year old self now. But the future is changeable, not the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back