Surprisingly the Last Movie You Saw Didn't Suck

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just watched Wanted. It was so bad that it might have been off the charts on the unintentional comedy scale. They took orders from a loom!!!! OMGWTFLOL!!!!!

X-men Origins - Wolverine

Bleh. It was okay. Better than X-men 3, worse than Spiderman 2.

and

Defiance

Again, not super-great. I don't envy anyone that tries to make a movie about Jews during World War II post-Schindler's List.

Choke. It was just so-so. It's not one of my favorite Palahniuk books, and the movie didn't improve on it.

Some decent performances, but pretty boring overall.

Paranormal Activity - now I understand why this movie is selling out every showtime. See it with an audience before it leaves theaters, it's that type of movie.

I watched Happy Birthday, Harris Malden a little while ago on Netflix streaming. Its a pretty good movie that is well made and has a good story.

Trick 'r Treat - Great for modern horror just ok-good overall. I like that the filmmakers restrained from going CG happy unlike most modern horror flicks.

[quote name='dastly75']Paranormal Activity - now I understand why this movie is selling out every showtime. See it with an audience before it leaves theaters, it's that type of movie.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, we've had it here first at one theatre and then it's "expanded" to two others, but I think I'll wait till it really goes full expansion. I imagine as we get closer to Halloween more people will be interested in. That and I haven't been able to score free tickets yet:lol:

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Wonder Woman

Makes me want to check out the other DCAU movies.[/QUOTE]

The recent Superman/Batman Public Enemies was quite good. I'm getting the last GL in the mail today from netflix. Skip Superman Doomsday, though.

[quote name='Pavel6969']Ireally enjoyed High Tension as well, but the ending absolutely killed it for me. I hated the twist.[/QUOTE]

I have to disagree, that twist made high tension not only one of the best french horror movies eva, but took slasher films to a whole notha level with a psychological twist, i.e psycho etc.

But I can see why it would make things frustrating, I personally LOVE twists like that.

Also, in addition to movies that don't suck, watched splinter, one of the best creature flicks I've seen (but than again, the only creature flicks I've seen were on syfy, nuff said)

I saw two movies on syfy that weren't terrible a few weeks ago.
Slaughter; From within

Not that I don't like syfy movies, I absolutely love them, but these were actually legitimately good movies.

No one should hate on syfy. They are the only channel with the balls to play secretly amazing movies. Some of my favorites: Mega Shark vs Giant Octopus(favorite movie ever), Monster Man.

[quote name='Pavel6969']Ireally enjoyed High Tension as well, but the ending absolutely killed it for me. I hated the twist.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I hate endings that make me say "Ok, I get it, but it's stupid." I had the same feeling towards the Saw movie from last year, I guess it was 5?

This. I've expressed my anger towards that ending time and again here on CAG. Ruined what was an otherwise perfect/awesome movie.

^ at first i didn't care for the ending. After letting it settle in, i really like the ending. its different which made it pretty interesting. somethings in the story dont make sense or tie into the ending besides the lame "oh she was just crazy" excuse, but after letting it settle in I really like High Tension.

Recently watch the new Harry Potter film. I do like the direction the films have went. Before they felt childish and now they feel more teenage? I don't feel embarrassed watching them...they seem like they have evolved quiet well throughout the series. This one was pretty good overall and has me excited for the next film. I haven't read any of the books so the movies are great fun. I dunno how well they hold up to the source material.

[quote name='naiku']^ at first i didn't care for the ending. After letting it settle in, i really like the ending. its different which made it pretty interesting. somethings in the story dont make sense or tie into the ending besides the lame "oh she was just crazy" excuse, but after letting it settle in I really like High Tension.

Recently watch the new Harry Potter film. I do like the direction the films have went. Before they felt childish and now they feel more teenage? I don't feel embarrassed watching them...they seem like they have evolved quiet well throughout the series. This one was pretty good overall and has me excited for the next film. I haven't read any of the books so the movies are great fun. I dunno how well they hold up to the source material.[/QUOTE]

:3 I knew I wasn't the only one that liked the ending in High Tension. It's a movie you have to watch twice. The subtleties in the beginning of the movie make no sense till near the end, and is very vague about whats going on.

Went and saw zombieland last night.
great movie.
its right up there as one of the top funny/horro movies.
I loved the desperation feeling at the end of it....

American Psycho - not seen it in years, I find it really funny.

A Bittersweet Life
- been waiting ages to see this, ordered and arrived the other day. I thought it was fantastic. Up there with my favourite Korean films.

I'm a Cyborg
- really weird film. Quite disappointed with this one. I loved the Vengeance trilogy but this didn't do it for me.

Zombieland. Very cool and funny.
The invention of Lying. Funny and bittersweet.

Rachel Getting Married (BluRay- Wife's pick)
Hands down the biggest, overrated piece of shit I have ever seen.
Imagine watching home movies of people you don't know having the most mundane/inane conversations.
God awful. Thankfully my wife hated it as much as I did!

Strangers on a Train - Not my favorite Hitchcock but good none the less.

Drag Me to Hell - Awesome. Now Sam needs to hurry up on Evil Dead 4.

Foo228, really? I had a great time watching the two movies in one sitting in 3D. I thought some scenes used it better than others (watching Woody & Buzz chase the moving van looked AWESOME) and in the second movie there were some great shots as well. To each his own I guess, but I thought it worked really well. Did it need 3D? Not really, but having it was a little like the proverbial icing on the cake.

Then again I'm a Disney/Pixar/Animation buff, so my opinions are slightly skewed probably, but oh well. I'd still recommend it to anyone if any theatres are still playing it (as I understand it's a 2 week limited thing).

[quote name='spoo']:error::error::error:

Did it not work in 3D?[/QUOTE]

Maybe it didn't, at least not at my theater.

[quote name='goomba478']Foo228, really? I had a great time watching the two movies in one sitting in 3D. I thought some scenes used it better than others (watching Woody & Buzz chase the moving van looked AWESOME) and in the second movie there were some great shots as well. To each his own I guess, but I thought it worked really well. Did it need 3D? Not really, but having it was a little like the proverbial icing on the cake.

Then again I'm a Disney/Pixar/Animation buff, so my opinions are slightly skewed probably, but oh well. I'd still recommend it to anyone if any theatres are still playing it (as I understand it's a 2 week limited thing).[/QUOTE]

Well, I'm a big fan of the movies but as far as I knew/could tell the 3d just didn't work [well], as I said before. And it's not like my opinion is so left field - my friends also left with the same feeling. I just took it as it's not made for 3D, so it wasn't good in it - makes sense to me.

Really enjoyed My Bloody Valentine 3D earlier this year (same theater, for what it's worth) and Christmas Carol is looking great, as far as 3D movies go.

Watched Aliens last night. Haven't seen it in a long time. Very good movie. Directors cut is about 2.5 hours which is a bit long for me. The real full size alien doesn't show up until like 75minutes into the movie. Completely forgot about the ending where
the synthetic gets torn in half by the Queen Alien.
Still a badass film.

The Mummy - Tomb of the Dragon Emperor - Not nearly as bad as I was expecting. It actually wasn't that insulting on a popcorn movie scale, and it did a decent job of incorporating itself into the world of the other movies (which I enjoyed). Still, there's a lot of plot holes, any scene with Yetis is stupid, and the movie is about ten years late on both "Two CGI armies run an each other and clash," and "Sky filled with arrows."

Les Diaboliques - An entertaining, well told yarn, and it stays very true to its reputation of a French Hitchcock film. I'm not sure if the ending really worked, but at least it was well made:
1: Michel (The Principal) and Nicole (his mistress) were really planning to kill Christina (Michel's wife) the whole time.
2: The gotcha - The Commissioner enters immediately the room immediately after Michel and Nicole exploit Christina's weak heart to kill her, and presumably arrests them for murder.
3: Christina is apparently still alive after the murder, because Moinet claims to have seen her.

I think in order for the film to make any sense, 3 must be true, because otherwise The Commissioner knew of Michel and Nicole's plot and let them execute it anyway. How she's not dead, I have no idea, since Michel checked her pulse, and there's certainly no indication that Christina wasn't actually scared to death as she was running from room to room.

I suppose The Commissioner could have decided everyone, including Christina, deserved what they got, since the are all essentially murderers (Devils!). That The Commissioner would allow a battered woman to be murdered speaks of him as a sick bastard.

Regardless, the film does seem to punish Christina, either with death, or with taking the school away from her.

No sure if I said everything I wanted to say there...

Village of the Damned - Nothing about it particularly struck me, other than the classic creepy British kids, which make the film worth seeing alone. I think I prefer The Twilight Zone Episode "It's a Good Life."

The Seventh Seal - Hm... well, I guess I'll have to take a film class to appreciated that one. I like finally seeing the source of a whole lot of film and pop-culture references, at least. I see that it's steeped in symbolism of death and the end of times, but I guess I need to know more to understand why it's so highly regarded.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back