Staff member
Feedback
122 (100%)
Copied from OP of former Target Clearance threads*
Winter 2k6 thread
Summer 2K5
Spring 2005 thread
Original Target Clearance Thread

Since the Target deals are usually of the "your mileage may vary" type, let's keep all the target clearance deals in this thread.

Here is a fairly easy way to check if your local Target has the games on clearance without making the store clerk unlock the display case and price-scan a bunch of games. Very often, games may be on sale, but will not be marked as such.

BigDirty came up with this nice time saver. Respect his cheap ass skills.

1) Check this thread for games that have been reported on clearance.

2) Go to www.half.com, http://bits.com/ or similar website and search for the game to locate its UPC code number. Its in the grey box underneath the box art graphic.

3) Go to http://upcdata.info/ , www.milk.com/barcode/ , or www.upcdatabase.com and enter the code so you can print out the UPC.

4) Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts and search for cheap ass deals!

FYI: "When a game's price ends with 8 cents, further reduction is possible, when it ends in 4 cents, that's the ball game, pick it up cause it's not going any lower. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction." - BigDirty

Games that do not sell after being discounted are often donated to local Goodwills for sale at their retail stores, so check there when the clearance items dissappear.

This thread is for Clearance deals, not sale items or raincheck "scams"
Please Post City, State and Store (If City has many stores), game, system and price

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum, as posts not pretating to clearance deals may be deleted by the mod crew.

As always-- YMMV

Example:

Philadelphia, PA Snyder Plaza
BigDirty's Wild Ride, XBox, $4.98

*Thanks to CheapyD and BigDirty for the info*

Two $7.48 copies of Hitman: Blood Money (PC) are at the Cherry Hill, NJ location.

They're in a corner of the console area with some other red-tagged games.

[quote name='hhhdx4']Wow, I never thought Id actually see someone else who lives in North Bergen :p[/QUOTE]

North Bergen = ghetto to the max (and I live nearby, but thankfully, not in North Bergen :))

[quote name='rarebucky']North Bergen = ghetto to the max (and I live nearby, but thankfully, not in North Bergen :))[/QUOTE]

Wow, I'm not sure what this has to do with Target clearance, but I sure am glad I don't live near you either !

[quote name='rarebucky']North Bergen = ghetto to the max (and I live nearby, but thankfully, not in North Bergen :))[/QUOTE]

Nothing to do with Target Clearance, but not all of NoBe is ghetto to the max, by Braddock Park along the palisade/Hudson is actually fairly nice, but once you get down by Union City and the hooker motels on Tonnelle Ave, that's where it's sketchy!

[quote name='Oddball']My Target has the Zelda Twilight Princess Collector's Edition set with sword/shield/cd on Clearance for $33.xx.[/quote]

Geez that was quick. At 33.00 I am a bit more tempted to bite. I'll check my target out later. Thanks!

[quote name='Oddball']My Target has the Zelda Twilight Princess Collector's Edition set with sword/shield/cd on Clearance for $33.xx.[/QUOTE]

Cool. I'll grab it when it hits $20.

Hey ghetto stores are where you find all the great clearence deals. I remember finding some really good ones at the Circuit City in Compton, CA. I wouldn't go there after dark though.

Yeah, are you guys talking true ghetto or just those stores that are totally f.u.b.a.r. because I find both good places to get the good clearance stuff.

Figured I would share this info. The TRU by Dadeland in Miami has just the DK Bongos on clearance for $7.50.
PLus they had a bin full of clearanced games. Saw some Doom 3 Limited Editions for XBOX in there for $7 I think.

Quake 4 at my local Target had a red sticker on it for $20.48. I double checked with a price scanner and that was the right price. Do you guys think it will drop any further at this particular Target like it did for others? $20 is not a good price at all since Best Buy has this game for $19.99.

-Noise

Hey Ofacto, what other ghetto stores do you hit up in LA?

I have a lot of clients all around SoCal so I can check out pretty much any area's stores.

Where is the Compton Circuit City?

I do find some good deals sometimes in ghetto stores, because the people there tend to be clueless as to values. But there is SO much competition in LA that it's really hard to find never ending gold mines.

I saw the Tony Hawk Limited Editio with skateboard at 2 different clearance prices today: $64.88 and $70-something. Saw the Zelda collector sword thingee for $34 something. But here's the big news:

One store had the $200 autographed guitars for $99.88, which I thought was a decent deal, but then I went to a second store and they were marked down to $50.04. Unfortunately they were out of the Weezer one I wanted, but I grabbed All-American Rejects and Fall Out Boy just because it was such a good price for an autographed guitar. Everywhere is out of the KISS guitar...I think that's the only 4 they made. I'm going to look around some more for the Weezer guitar but I haven't seen it anywhere...I bought one at $200 the week it was released but left it in my car and forgot to shut my garage door, so it got stolen. Yah, I'm a dumbass and thieves suck.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']^^ That's an awesome price for those guitars, they are still around $150 at my local Targets. Do they come with an amp?[/quote]

No amp. Hmm...weird. They were never $150 at any of the Targets around here. First drop was $99 and second drop was today...although many stores still have them for $99. Target clearance prices are too YMMV these days. Of course, most of the Targets around here sold out of most of the guitars at full price, especially Kiss and Weezer.

Maybe I'll scan it next time I go to Target and check. Agreed about the YMMV of Target clearances. Even the Christmas clearance is now YMMV when it never was before (that same store that had the Guitar Tagged for the 30% off price only had Christmas stuff at 50% off on Sunday when it should have been 75% off).

They are autographed, limited edition, only available at Target, and come with a certificate of authenticty. The guitars are Lyon by Washburn. Oh, and they aren't autographed by the whole band, just one member.

Weezer - Brian Bell
Joe Trohman - Fall Out Boy
Mike Kennedy - All-American Rejects
Paul Stanley - Kiss

I had my dad check his local Target in my home town and they are still $100 there. He found a Brian Bell/Weezer guitar...so I told him to check back in a couple days for me and buy it when it drops to $50 if it doesn't sell first. I have my brothers looking for them in their towns too...so hopefully I'll find one, maybe two. I wouldn't mind having one to display and one to play at that price. They're pretty decent guitars...most reviews give them an 8.5 out of 10.

I saw the Tony Hawk Project 8/Skateboard bundle PS2/Xbox versions for $70 something, it suprised me because i didn't know there was a bundle that came with the game and a full size real skateboard. lol

Yea I have been keeping an eye on the guitars as well. I just want something cheap to see if it will spark my interest adn even though I am left handed I think I could get over it.

Personally the Paul Stanley would be my ideal choice but I will take any of them after they drop below 100.

[quote name='Gojtron']Anyone actually play Quake4 online still/period?[/QUOTE]

I don't think there are all that many people that play the game online. I know I played not to long after launch and there were not a huge amount of servers then.

Raven did make quite a bit of extra content for the game though and the single player is pretty sweet (still need to go back and finish it, but I got like 5 hours in and enjoyed it).

[quote name='nwaugh']Sighted (all PC):
Dreamfall - $7.50
Niburu - $5
Quake 4 - $7.50
Tomb Raider Legend - $7.50 (I think)[/quote]

My Target didn't have Quake 4, but had the others (still marked 14.98) + Xmen the official game (PC) for 7.48 as well. I got the last TRL and Dreamfall. I don't live close enough to Target to always catch these, and this is the best batch I've gotten in a long time.

[quote name='gizmogc']Cool. I'll grab it when it hits $20.[/QUOTE]

What's so special about that thing? I saw it when I was at Target the other day. It just looked like a box with a shield, sword and a music CD. Does it come with a Zelda game or anything like that?

Do you guys know a link where i can see the guitars? I was at my Target this weekend looking for them, and there were none by the other guitars. Did they have these in a different section than the regular guitars? I checked all the end caps and didn't see any.

Do all targets have clearance bins? Are they in the electronics section or somewhere else?

They don't have clearance bins per se but they usually use an endcap or two in each department to gather clearance items. They have a red clearance sign above them.

[quote name='hotwls13']Do you guys know a link where i can see the guitars? I was at my Target this weekend looking for them, and there were none by the other guitars. Did they have these in a different section than the regular guitars? I checked all the end caps and didn't see any.[/quote]

Ebay. Do a search for "Target autographed guitar" and you will see a couple of the KISS ones.

Mine were in the clearance endcap with the video games and electronics. When they were on display at every Target I went to, they had them on a special holiday endcap. There's a pretty good chance they sold out at your Target, especially if they were clearanced out. Still, ask an employee in electonics, they should know if there are still any in stock or not. They are in huge cardboard boxes and hard to miss as they take up an entire shelf.

Every game that's on "clearance" at the Target by my house and I do a price check on comes up as $20.00:bomb: The only two games that I actually got for less than $20.00 (other than the ones they have on sale) were Ratchet and Clank for $10 and Viewtiful Joe for $7.00...and that's before I knew about CAG. I have better luck with the local Circuit City.:)

there's a TON of the guitars at my local target... had my girlfriend check and they're still ringing up at $100 though... i will DEFINITELY pick one up for $50 when they drop to 75%... provided they're still there... i hope they are, she said they should drop again very soon. i'd love a weezer one.

Crap, I want one of these guitars for $50. Especially the weezer one. I may have to call my other Targets tomorrow to see if they have any. The target I frequent went 75% off this weekend, so they are gone. Hopefully the other targets still have one.

I know Target clearance is very YMMV, but just a heads-up, the guitars at my store today went clearance salvage and are getting sent back. They went straight out from the 50% mark, and never got tagged 75%. They even still scan 50% in UPCS on the PDA's, so it's not just a lazy price-change team issue. =P

[quote name='halfbent']I know Target clearance is very YMMV, but just a heads-up, the guitars at my store today went clearance salvage and are getting sent back. They went straight out from the 50% mark, and never got tagged 75%. They even still scan 50% in UPCS on the PDA's, so it's not just a lazy price-change team issue. =P[/QUOTE]

This is exactly what I was talking about earlier in the thread when I said that sometimes things don't follow normal clearance "procedure." I've seen it happen with games, toys, lots of stuff. It just depends, but if something hits a price you're comfortable with, it's almost always better to jump on it then than to wait for the next percentage off.

Yah, I almost grabbed one at $100, but there are enough Targets around here and I have enough people looking for them, that I'm confident I can get a Weezer guitar for $50 rather than $100. Plus, if I miss out, I can probably get one for $100 on Ebay since there's plenty of people selling them on there that got them for $50 right now.

After calling all my Target's I found a couple but they are the Fall Out and American Rejects and they are still $100. If they go down to $50 and are still there I may get one, but I was really hoping for the $50 Weezer.

Mixed in with the guitars, Tony Hawk skateboards & Zelda replica shields:

Condemned: Criminal Origins (PC) $7.48 Fresno CA River Park Location

I would have grabbed one, but I already own the X360 version...

I bit on a guitar at $100, they came up not on file, which should have meant down to $50, but they scanned one and told me $100. I have a feeling they were going to send them back, and I wasn't going to waste the opportunity.

I started working at a target, electronics too. Pretty fun watching the clearanced items droping, and my target moving the clearence endcaps around and scaring me. Did have a bunch of Zelda replicas, from about 30 to ~2 last I saw. I was planning on grabing one if the price dropped further, 50% for sure. Same for the THP8 w/ skateboard, ~63 now, there were plenty left, maybe 50 of ps2 and xbox, dont want that since I wouldnt really use it. What really bites me is the exclusive guitars, really interested in that. But never seen any at my target.

As for what Ive seen on clearance, Starwars on pc (galaxy?) for 4.9_ after 75%, was going to grab it but it ended up missing. (Wouldnt have really used it, monthly fees are iffy)

[quote name='Gojtron']I bit on a guitar at $100, they came up not on file, which should have meant down to $50, but they scanned one and told me $100. I have a feeling they were going to send them back, and I wasn't going to waste the opportunity.[/quote]

They won't send the guitars back...they'll get donated to Goodwill like all the other Target clearance stuff.

[quote name='Rictor']They won't send the guitars back...they'll get donated to Goodwill like all the other Target clearance stuff.[/quote]

...where they'll be marked back up to at least original retail price, if not more. :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back