(Telltale) Walking Dead Collector's Edition - Gamestop Exclusive $69.99

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
Source: IGN

Telltale has now confirmed to IGN that the Collector’s Edition of The Walking Dead: The Game :)360: :ps3:) will be a GameStop exclusive and is available only to customers who pre-order. As seen below, the set will be available for $69.99 on December 4th and includes:

• A disc containing all five episodes of the game
  • The Walking Dead Compendium One (which normally retails for $59.99 and includes the first 48 issues) with exclusive Charlie Adlard cover art
  • A Collector’s Edition box featuring Charlie Adlard artwork

walkingdeadcag.jpg

---

Retailer exclusive and only through pre-order. This might be one of those collector's editions that doesn't go for half price a few months down the line.

**Available for pre-order now**

The standard release is $29.99 and both SKUs will be out December 4th. [delayed] December 11th.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='warboss zorbag']Lol, so you hated it , yet continued to download three more painful, boring episodes and play through them?
You trooper you.[/QUOTE]

I did already pay for them, and like I said, the dialogue is decent.

I'm not sure why juniors always try so hard on this site, this isn't Gaf.

[quote name='Tsel']How is it not interactive? Please explain.[/QUOTE]

It is interactive in the sense that one of these is interactive:

220px-Cave_of_time.jpg

That said, I wouldn't call it a bad game. It's certainly lacking in the traditional game play elements you'd expect in an adventure game but the writing is excellent.

[quote name='Tsel']How is it not interactive? Please explain.[/QUOTE]

I don't consider QTEs gameplay. This "game" is about as deep as the mini games on a disney DVD.

[quote name='Slowdance']I don't consider QTEs gameplay. This "game" is about as deep as the mini games on a disney DVD.[/QUOTE]

Don't you have anything better to do than shit on games you don't like? :roll:

[quote name='Slowdance']I don't consider QTEs gameplay. This "game" is about as deep as the mini games on a disney DVD.[/QUOTE]

QTEs are actually fairly rare. The bulk of TWD's gameplay comes in character interactions (dialog/choices) and light puzzle solving. If you don't care about story and characters and only want depth in gameplay, then TWD is obviously not for you.

For people that want more to their games beyond the gameplay, TWD is a fantastic experience.

Sorry Mr. Expert At Video Games And Defining Them, we didn't mean to offend you by liking these non video games you speak of.

[quote name='Viper45']QTEs are actually fairly rare. The bulk of TWD's gameplay comes in character interactions (dialog/choices) and light puzzle solving. If you don't care about story and characters and only want depth in gameplay, then TWD is obviously not for you.

For people that want more to their games beyond the gameplay, TWD is a fantastic experience.[/QUOTE]

Again, I don't consider dialogue to be gameplay, even when i'm choosing it. I love Monkey Island 1 and 2, Machinarium and tons of other adventure games. The genre is not the problem for me.

This one is closer to JP. You have very little control over whats happening despite the choices, and you're just there for the ride most of the time, pressing a button or direction every once in a while.

And apparently it actually is $10 more than digital. Not that it'll hold, but that is pretty funny.

[quote name='Slowdance']Again, I don't consider dialogue to be gameplay, even when i'm choosing it. I love Monkey Island 1 and 2, Machinarium and tons of other adventure games. The genre is not the problem for me.

This one is closer to JP. You have very little control over whats happening despite the choices, and you're just there for the ride most of the time, pressing a button or direction every once in a while.

And apparently it actually is $10 more than digital. Not that it'll hold, but that is pretty funny.[/QUOTE]

I never said you don't like the genre. Hell, I have little to no experience in the adventure genre. The only other game I've played in this genre is Telltale's Strongbad game. While Strongbad was good, TWD is in a different league altogether. And it's not because of the gameplay. I imagine you think Strongbad is much better than TWD, though.

troll_2.jpg

[quote name='MSUHitman']It's still $5 for a standard edition but the deposit for a CE went up to $25 in late March/early April. Basically GS is trying to stop having a glut of CE sitting in stores waiting to be marked down to nothing prices before anyone looks at them.

Of course there's still a bunch of stores sitting on the SF 25th Collection 7 weeks after release when GS marks it down $50 and I can't get an adjustment anymore, grrr.

Also if you don't like Walking Dead, that's fine you can have an opinion. But don't say it's a terrible game when it's not, just you don't like it.

.[/QUOTE]

Good to know. I am waiting for the street fighter markdown myself. Also everyone I talk to and most rpint articles all praised the walking dead game so I find it funny at all the comments. It is like they are talking about another game.

[quote name='Slowdance']Again, I don't consider dialogue to be gameplay, even when i'm choosing it. I love Monkey Island 1 and 2, Machinarium and tons of other adventure games. The genre is not the problem for me.

And apparently it actually is $10 more than digital. Not that it'll hold, but that is pretty funny.[/QUOTE]

What would you consider Prof Layton then? In my opinion it's GOTY candidate butto each their own

[quote name='gepet0']Good to know. I am waiting for the street fighter markdown myself. Also everyone I talk to and most rpint articles all praised the walking dead game so I find it funny at all the comments. It is like they are talking about another game.[/QUOTE]

It's down to $100 right now, I guess you can wait to see if it goes lower.

you know before having played it, id say lol to this deal. However if you are one of those weird people who wont buy digitally and has to own a physical copy of your games this is easily worth the money.

very strong contender for game of the year in my personal opinion.

Just a quick heads up...

The 360 version of this is no longer available. PS3 is still up for time being...

If you were on the fence you might want to jump on it.

So does anyone have an idea which console would be a better fit for this? I'm considering preordering the standard edition, but I'd appreciate a heads-up on whether it's better on either system.

[quote name='MSUHitman']It's still $5 for a standard edition but the deposit for a CE went up to $25 in late March/early April. Basically GS is trying to stop having a glut of CE sitting in stores waiting to be marked down to nothing prices before anyone looks at them.

Of course there's still a bunch of stores sitting on the SF 25th Collection 7 weeks after release when GS marks it down $50 and I can't get an adjustment anymore, grrr.

Also if you don't like Walking Dead, that's fine you can have an opinion. But don't say it's a terrible game when it's not, just you don't like it.

Lots of people loved Dishonored, and I hated the combat and traded it in right after getting it with B2G1F on BF. After being roasted 13 straight deaths by the guys in the first side mission in the brewery where you're supposed to poison the booze and these guys go Skyrim dragon breath on you as soon as they see you I said F this and traded it in.[/QUOTE]

The SF 25th is down to $50?! Instore or something?
(sorry off topic)

[quote name='shadowkast']The SF 25th is down to $50?! Instore or something?
(sorry off topic)[/QUOTE]No no no...they marked it down by $50 to $99.99 from $149.99.

Deep breaths...

[quote name='Vigilante']No no no...they marked it down by $50 to $99.99 from $149.99.

Deep breaths...[/QUOTE]

Haha, gotcha. Took an extremely long nap after work and obviously misread the post as I want awake enough

[quote name='Drclaw411']$10 says in 6 years people will be paying $100 on eBay for the game with the different box art[/QUOTE]

People are already paying $100+ for the set now on eBay. o_O So the game by itself, probably.

[quote name='Drclaw411']$10 says in 6 years people will be paying $100 on eBay for the game with the different box art[/QUOTE]

I'd be happy to make that bet. You have heard of high res printers, correct? At best the cover might bring a few extra bucks, but you're nuts if you think it will be anywhere near $100. Like the shitty BTTF and JP games, this will be less than $15 in about 2 months.

There are only a handful of games this gen that will ever get higher than MSRP, and this doesn't have a chance at being one of them. Honestly, i'd have no problem putting $100 on that. It's hard to turn down guaranteed free money.

I had this LE preordered but I think I'll cancel and save my $25. With the game being so short I'll wait for a price drop or rent it. I probably won't read the compendium anytime soon so I can wait.

[quote name='Slowdance']I'd be happy to make that bet. You have heard of high res printers, correct? At best the cover might bring a few extra bucks, but you're nuts if you think it will be anywhere near $100. Like the shitty BTTF and JP games, this will be less than $15 in about 2 months.

There are only a handful of games this gen that will ever get higher than MSRP, and this doesn't have a chance at being one of them. Honestly, i'd have no problem putting $100 on that. It's hard to turn down guaranteed free money.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't bet on that if i were you. It has a rather big chance in becoming a sought after product. If it were just the cover art, then no I don't see that going for a lot, but the overall the regular release and legitimate complete collectors edition I can see fetching 60 to 100 respectively, years down the line.

I guess it all depends on who much they produce and what sales are like. Theres no way to predict this kind of thing, Walking dead is one of the hottest things today, and if this games production doesn't meet demand, then you better damn well keep your money on that bet.

[quote name='Cleaner7']I had this LE preordered but I think I'll cancel and save my $25. With the game being so short I'll wait for a price drop or rent it. I probably won't read the compendium anytime soon so I can wait.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't say it's exactly short. I would say on my first playthrough, I took a total of maybe fifteen hours on the whole five chapters. I tend to take my time, but that's still better than a lot of mainstream titles.

[quote name='JK-C']I wouldn't say it's exactly short. I would say on my first playthrough, I took a total of maybe fifteen hours on the whole five chapters. I tend to take my time, but that's still better than a lot of mainstream titles.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I wouldn't call it short, but it's certainly not long either. I spent about 2-3 hours on each chapter, so probably around 12 hours total.

[quote name='Slowdance']I'd be happy to make that bet. You have heard of high res printers, correct? At best the cover might bring a few extra bucks, but you're nuts if you think it will be anywhere near $100. Like the shitty BTTF and JP games, this will be less than $15 in about 2 months.

There are only a handful of games this gen that will ever get higher than MSRP, and this doesn't have a chance at being one of them. Honestly, i'd have no problem putting $100 on that. It's hard to turn down guaranteed free money.[/QUOTE]

Troll 4: Electric Boogaloo

Why do you continue posting in a thread where you've already admitted you pretty much despise the game and have no interest in buying this set? Shitty this and shitty that, go troll somewhere else.

[quote name='Tsel']Why do you continue posting in a thread where you've already admitted you pretty much despise the game and have no interest in buying this set? Shitty this and shitty that, go troll somewhere else.[/QUOTE]

He lost credibility with me after he said that there are only a handful of games from this generation that resell over MSRP;

I'm sure I could come up with a list of a 100 New/Sealed if I really wanted to dork myself out.

I'm glad it sold out on the 360, that's at least a good sign I'm hoping. Now I'm not regretting the purchase of it as much lol.

[quote name='Vigilante']So does anyone have an idea which console would be a better fit for this? I'm considering preordering the standard edition, but I'd appreciate a heads-up on whether it's better on either system.[/QUOTE]Anybody?

[quote name='GBAstar']He lost credibility with me after he said that there are only a handful of games from this generation that resell over MSRP;

I'm sure I could come up with a list of a 100 New/Sealed if I really wanted to dork myself out.[/QUOTE]
This gen? No way. I've heard of 5-10 maybe and half of them are because of misprints or other mistakes that were recalled. Things that are made specifically to be collectable are almost never worth anything near what was payed for them.

[quote name='GBAstar']He lost credibility with me after he said that there are only a handful of games from this generation that resell over MSRP;

I'm sure I could come up with a list of a 100 New/Sealed if I really wanted to dork myself out.[/QUOTE]

Please, feel free to dork out. If you're talking LEs, don't waste your time. Like I said before, there are just a handful of games from this gen that sell over MSRP.

You're welcome to prove me wrong on that one.

[quote name='Slowdance']Please, feel free to dork out. If you're talking LEs, don't waste your time. Like I said before, there are just a handful of games from this gen that sell over MSRP.

You're welcome to prove me wrong on that one.[/QUOTE]

So limited/collector/special editions don't count as games?

Good to know...

...and what's even better to know (and makes my job easier) is you said MSRP; not launch price.

[quote name='Tsel']Why do you continue posting in a thread where you've already admitted you pretty much despise the game and have no interest in buying this set? Shitty this and shitty that, go troll somewhere else.[/QUOTE]

Ehhh, just responding to the dumbs that say shit like a variant cover on a game that was archaic the day it came out might up the resale value from $10 to $100. I understand defending your purchase, but there is no reason to make a fool of yourself about it.

I'm not much into which system the games are better on, I think they are pretty much the same, but comes down to either achievements or trophies, and Xbox live or psn network. Which my personal favorite is live with the achievements, but everyone to their own liking. However my ps3 is one hell of a movie player, dark knight rises tomorrow lol.

[quote name='GBAstar']So limited/collector/special editions don't count as games?

Good to know...

...and what's even better to know (and makes my job easier) is you said MSRP; not launch price.[/QUOTE]

Are you retarded? Why would you count an LE as a rare game? Of course LEs go up in value...I specifically was talking about non LEs that are above MSRP because some moron was saying the variant cover may fetch $100 on ebay.

I was just pointing out that it would be a miracle if TWD with a different cover was worth much more than the $10 the game will be worth in a few months, especially since anyone with a nice printer or a kinkos near them can just go make it themselves. Hell I've replaced a few just because I didnt like the original covers.

[quote name='GBAstar']So limited/collector/special editions don't count as games?

Good to know...

...and what's even better to know (and makes my job easier) is you said MSRP; not launch price.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry, but even if you count LE/CE/SE games, you won't have 100 from this generation worth more than their launch MSRP. I personally think this is a great game, but I don't think this is much of a CE and given that both the game and the compendium are readily available at retail (and the compendium actually has a superior hardcover version out there), I'm failing to see how this maintains its value, limited or not. The fact that it's a week from release and only just sold out and even then on only one of the two platforms is not very impressive and strong evidence that collectors aren't super excited about it.

[quote name='Slowdance']Are you retarded? Why would you count an LE as a rare game? Of course LEs go up in value...I specifically was talking about non LEs that are above MSRP because some moron was saying the variant cover may fetch $100 on ebay.

I was just pointing out that it would be a miracle if TWD with a different cover was worth much more than the $10 the game will be worth in a few months, especially since anyone with a nice printer or a kinkos near them can just go make it themselves. Hell I've replaced a few just because I didnt like the original covers.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure why you're undermining your own sound arguments. Not every LE is "rare" and frankly, most CE/SE/LE games decline in value over time. There are exceptions, but it's a handful this generation. Cover variants can also increase in value or decline over time. The fact that you can print your own is a worthless argument as it's not the original and people don't pay a premium for home made artwork.

[quote name='Slowdance']Are you retarded? Why would you count an LE as a rare game? Of course LEs go up in value...I specifically was talking about non LEs that are above MSRP because some moron was saying the variant cover may fetch $100 on ebay.

I was just pointing out that it would be a miracle if TWD with a different cover was worth much more than the $10 the game will be worth in a few months, especially since anyone with a nice printer or a kinkos near them can just go make it themselves. Hell I've replaced a few just because I didnt like the original covers.[/QUOTE]

So how do you insert a kinko's made variant cover into a sealed game? Of course there are going to be very few opened games that are worth more then the MSRP of a sealed game.. that's just fucking common sense.

And yes I must be retarded because I don't see a single post of yours where you "disqualify" LE/CE/SE from your criteria.

Games are games are games and you said:

There are only a handful of games this gen that will ever get higher than MSRP, and this doesn't have a chance at being one of them. Honestly, i'd have no problem putting $100 on that. It's hard to turn down guaranteed free money.

[quote name='GBAstar']So how do you insert a kinko's made variant cover into a sealed game? Of course there are going to be very few opened games that are worth more then the MSRP of a sealed game.. that's just fucking common sense.

And yes I must be retarded because I don't see a single post of yours where you "disqualify" LE/CE/SE from your criteria.

Games are games are games and you said:[/QUOTE]

Lol, are you being serious? When I say game, I mean game. Again since you have the reading comprehension of a 6 year old : I was directly responding to somebody saying that the game ALONE with a variant cover could fetch 10X its value.

And why the fuck do you keep bringing up sealed vs unsealed? Like I said before, there are very few games going for above MSRP, and for the vast majority of them, being sealed doesn't matter. I never said you should open your sealed game to insert a homemade cover... I said that nobody would pay extra for something they could easily make for a buck.

Seriously though, you should learn to read. You'd be a lot less confused.

Im still ify about the street value after it releases, but I think this might be one of the very few packages that caters to different ppl. 1. Game collectors, 2.comic book collects and 3.the tv series fans. Taking into consideration that this might appeal to multiple ppl, on that I would say that this package will retain its value and maybe even go $100-$125. Well that's my opinion.

[quote name='Metal Militia']I thought this game was coming out on December 4th did they push it back a week to the 11th?[/QUOTE]

yes, they did

[quote name='thegame956']Im still ify about the street value after it releases, but I think this might be one of the very few packages that caters to different ppl. 1. Game collectors, 2.comic book collects and 3.the tv series fans. Taking into consideration that this might appeal to multiple ppl, on that I would say that this package will retain its value and maybe even go $100-$125. Well that's my opinion.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I can see 2 readily available products going for 3 or 4 times their value when bundled together. Lol.

[quote name='Slowdance']Yea, I can see 2 readily available products going for 3 or 4 times their value when bundled together. Lol.[/QUOTE]

While I don't necessarily think this CE will become rare or valuable or whatever, I don't think it's that far of a stretch to think that way. Just because the items available within it are ready available doesn't mean the actual set won't become sought after. After all, it's the complete set people are after. I could buy all the contents of a collector's edition, but that wouldn't mean anything to a collector who wants to collect the entire thing.

bread's done
Back