The 2013/2014 NBA Thread (LBJ is a Cav)

I didn't realize how good these seats were till I got here. I'm closer than Daryl Morey is lol. I'll post some crappy cell pics when I get home.

Rockets making a comeback right now in the 3rd.

That was a good game. Lakers blew the large lead but showed up again when it mattered and that was at the end

Last edited by a moderator:
Never screamed so loud for a Lakers team in my life.

Can't help but wonder if all this speculation over the Lin/Harden divide is real. I think Lin is a little overrated but he definitely has skill and deserves more control over the offense.

Larry Sanders is out for 6 weeks after getting surgery for a torn ligament in his thumb

Andrew Bynum is starting against the Bulls

And Lance Stephenson might get a triple double today   :shock:

Larry Sanders is out for 6 weeks after getting surgery for a torn ligament in his thumb

Andrew Bynum is starting against the Bulls

And Lance Stephenson might get a triple double today :shock:

You haven't been reading Grantland. Larry Sanders was a dude with a talk show, LARRY SANDERS! is a basketball player.

Lol of the night goes to D Howard getting his ass owned by Bargnani all damn night.

terrible ass refs also.

Shaq and Chuck giving free lessons  lol too bad noone will listen.

Rose's right knee buckled up tonight, had to be helped to the locker room.

Edit:

Rose has a torn meniscus, out indefinitely

Marc Gasol has a strained MCL out indefinitely (8 weeks i think)

Iguodala has a bad hamstring injury, but should be okay, probably miss a few games.

Haven't been on CAG in a while but in the mean time the Rockets have been just a fucking roller coaster.

And SLEEVES! So many sleeves!

NBA-Sleeved-Jerseys-Leaked.jpg

NmrHTFf.png

When the Bobcats go back to being the Charlotte Hornets next season, they're bringing back the purple and teal.

I'm puzzled by the Kobe deal. Shouldn't he be following the Duncan and KG rule (hell even a younger Dirk) and taking pay cuts to make his team competitive. He's taking over double what those guys took. He's going to be the highest paid player next year (again) but what's that gonna mean when they can't bring anyone in? I thought Kobe was all about chasing that 6th ring...this was his chance to prove it and he showed what really matters to him. He'll be 37 making 25 mil in 2015. That's absurd.

I think he knows another ring is out of the question. He wants that scoring title and those historic salary numbers.

Sucks being a Bulls fan right now. But with how the East is looking thus far, we'll still see the playoffs..

They still have enough money to sign a player to the max which is about 23 million, but I doubt they'll go that route now. Unless its LeBron James it wont be worth it since they'd have a tough time filling out the roster. I think they'll just go after a bunch of quality players and ride out the Kobe/Gasol combo. 

I'm puzzled by the Kobe deal. Shouldn't he be following the Duncan and KG rule (hell even a younger Dirk) and taking pay cuts to make his team competitive. He's taking over double what those guys took. He's going to be the highest paid player next year (again) but what's that gonna mean when they can't bring anyone in? I thought Kobe was all about chasing that 6th ring...this was his chance to prove it and he showed what really matters to him. He'll be 37 making 25 mil in 2015. That's absurd.
LOL. This seriously made me laugh. Kobe cares about Kobe and you're on crack if you really thought anything else matters to him.

Nice, have fun!  Only game I can get any of my friends to commit to is against the Jazz because he's a Michigan homer.  That game is in March!  I gotta get to a game before that!

I'm back to report that the game was fucking awesome! Rockets were never behind the entire game and were pretty consistent throughout.

I love seeing Aaron Brooks have flashes of his former self. And I watched Francisco Garcia knockdown at least 10 3s in a row from all over the court during warmups, so I was glad he had a good game as well.

Lance Stephenson is playing crazy good right now.  Had several highlight passes vs the Wiz tonight and barely missed his third triple double of the year.

Fun fact: The Eastern Conference only has 3 teams that have a .500 record or better right now. And in the West? There are 12 teams with a record of .500 or better.

And in recent injury news: Anthony Davis, Paul Pierce, and J.J. Redick are all suffering from hand fractures, and all of them are expected to miss games. Redick will be out approximately 6-8 weeks with a UCL tear to go along with the fracture, Pierce will be out around 2-4 weeks, and Davis return date is TBD.

Didn't Lawrence Frank make the Finals with NJ in the 2nd of their back to back appearances? And he got demoted by a rookie coach? What an insane season..

Blazers have the best record in the west O.O
Robin Lopez is much better defensively than Hickson, and Wes Matthews is playing out of his mind. Everything he puts up is going in. Best part about all of that for Blazers fans is when Matthews cools off, Lillard's and Williams' FG% are likely to go up to compensate.

After 2 disappointing losses to lesser teams, the Rockets redeemed themselves and took the Warriors to school tonight. Good to have Chandler Parsons back too.

Having Anderson Varejao, Andrew Bynum, and Tristan Thompson getting into a good groove in production as a trio is a huge boon for the Cavs to help them turn it around. Winning three of their last four is a nice start. Now they just need the SG/SF positions to get sorted out, as they can't have Waiters, Clark, Gee, and Miles throwing up clunkers and expect to win.

The Pacers are now guaranteed a winning record on their 5 game West coast road trip after beating San Antonio tonight and would be perfect if Portland were not playing out of their mind.

• L.A. Clippers (W)
  • Trailblazers (L)
  • Jazz (W)
  • Spurs (W)
  • Thunder (?)
They face the West's top four seeds then return home for a matchup with Miami.  It's not over yet, but so far they're standing up to the test.

Edit:  Other than the Pacers, the Thunder are the only other team in the league that are undefeated at home.  Should be a good game.

I actually like this at least a little for the kings. Give up nothing to possibly get something. They dump contracts that had as many years left as Rudys deal.

Worst case he opts in, and they are awful and get good picks. Best case they win a playoff series.

Kobe still needs to lose 10-15 pounds, and he looks either done or not yet ready to play. In any event, I can't imagine he'll be able to get close to Kareem's points record.

Yea Kobe looked super rusty and it seemed like he was trying to force some things, passes especially. I give him 1-2 months to get back into playing shape.

I saw the tail end of the Knicks game tonight on NBA TV after watching the Celtics/Wolves game. Let me just say that timeout management and use is not the strongest thing about the Knicks. Down by 1 point with 5 seconds left instead of calling a timeout Anthony runs down the side of the court only to throw up one of the worst looking shots I've seen in a long time.

That will end up on ESPN's Not Top Ten for sure.

bread's done
Back