The 2013/2014 NBA Thread (LBJ is a Cav)

Even though their self-imposed deadline ends today, it looks like the Rockets aren't going to move Omer Asik just yet.

He's been terrible this year anyway. This will give him time to recover from his Achilles tear and drop some weight.

Although, from a team standpoint, the Lakers will be better without him. And that's going to cost them a better draft spot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tough blow for him, he was just trying to grab a loose ball too, didn't see any real contact. 

Hope he takes his time though, gotta let his body play catch up before he goes back to working his ass off.

In other news, Lakers signed Kendall Marshall

Brook Lopez out for the year with a broken foot again. Looking like he'll be plagued with foot problems for the rest of his career.

New Charlotte Hornets logo:

BcDZfIjCQAAeH9e.jpg

Lance Stephenson just air humped after crossing over a random Celtic.  BTW, working on his third triple double of the year.

I was at the Rockets game tonight and got to see their amazing comeback win. Harden and Lin just went off in the 4th quarter while D-Mo was shutting Z-Bo down. And the Bearded One set an NBA record by finishing the game with 27 points with only 2 FGs.

In other bad news, it was revealed that Al Horford completely tore his right pectoral muscle and will be out indefinitely.

Bynum has been suspended indefinitely by the Cavs for conduct "detrimental" to the team  :shock:. Apparently he doesn't want to play ball anymore, should have just retired.. I guess most people would take the million dollars even if they hate the job

Bynum has been suspended indefinitely by the Cavs for conduct "detrimental" to the team :shock:. Apparently he doesn't want to play ball anymore, should have just retired.. I guess most people would take the million dollars even if they hate the job
It's now being speculated that the Cavs are going to release Bynum by January 7th so they can save $6 million.

There has been word since his days as a Laker that he has no desire to play and is just there for the paycheck.  You could almost feel that whoever signed him was going to get screwed.

If anyone signs him after his impending release, they're a damn fool.

If he gets released no one is paying more than the minimum. The injury risk and the disinterest in playing should be a huge turn off. 

If Bynum tries to sign with a team then its probably just a ploy to get out of Cleveland.

To me, the biggest turn off would be that he's a cancer to the locker room.  Also, I doubt that Bynum would sign for the vet minimum.

I guess I could see Dolan signing him since the Knicks don't have much to loose and it sounds like something he would do.   Maybe even the Nets with their deep pockets and need for a center.  Just a bad idea IMO.

Edit:  Dolan would probably be foolish enough to trade for him.

There was a story a few years back about him simply leaving practice to eat a bowl of fruit loops in the locker room*. So he's never been all that committed. I'm guessing all the injury troubles have left him not wanting to deal with playing in the NBA anymore.

*Though I should note that LeBron's pre-game meal is a 20 piece chicken mcnugget. And he was eating french fries after being declared out of tonight's game. Dwight Howard ate the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars of candy a day. Pro athletes typically aren't pro athletes because they take care of themselves to an insane degree. They're largely there because they won the genetic lottery.

The Knicks have the worse sense of clock management I've ever seen. First Bargnani puts up that stupid shot a couple weeks ago. Now J.R. Smith, rather than eating up clock and going for the win or forcing overtime, does the exact same thing and costs his team the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JkGPwYDZUE

^ :applause:

The Knicks are a mess.
What's worse is that when asked about it after the game J.R. said he thought the Knicks were down by 2. So apparently he didn't know the time or the score lol. He even said he saw Chandler telling him not to shoot but it was too late.

And this is a huge blow against the Clippers: Chris Paul is expected to be out at least 3-5 weeks with a separated shoulder.

I'm surprised nobody commented on opposite day the other night when the Nets beat the Thunder in OKC and the Knicks beat the Spurs in San Antonio...

I would fire Woodson. You can't have two games where the players throw up shots when they should be running clock down and another where he doesn't even call a time out at the end down 2.

Well Gasol for Bynum is getting closer and closer to happening. ESPN LA Radio reported it a done deal, but it was denied immediately. Cavs want this resolved by Sunday so this should be an interesting Sunday.

Edit: Looks like it won't happen. Lakers are reportedly asking for Waiters, a 1st, or Varejao lol

That makes a starting lineup of:

PG Irving

SG Waiters

SF Deng

PF Thompson

C  Varejao

6th man: Jack

Adding Deng should add enough stability and leadership for that team to make the playoffs, even with that terrible record. 

I'm going to assume Deng has agreed to sign an extension with as much as the Cavs are giving up.  If not, it's a terrible move.  Reportedly he turned down 3 years 30 million last week. 

I'm also seeing Chicago has the option to swap 2015 first round pick in addition to the first rounder and two second round picks. 

That's a huge pick up for the Cavs. Hoping the Bulls can make some big moves in the off season now. Sounds like Boozer will finally be amnestied. 

Maybe melo will come to chicago?  :pray:

It looks like Chicago isn't going to be Bynum's last stop either. Rumors are already circulating that the Bulls are going to waive him by today so they don't have to pay him $6 million. It will be interesting to see where he goes if he does hit the waiver wire.

It looks like Chicago isn't going to be Bynum's last stop either. Rumors are already circulating that the Bulls are going to waive him by today so they don't have to pay him $6 million. It will be interesting to see where he goes if he does hit the waiver wire.
If he goes to the Heat, we riot.

The Clippers have waived Stephen Jackson.  Pretty sure they're going to make a play for Bynum.

Edit:

Another team that might be after Bynum would be the ( C)Hawks.

Good move for the Cavs to finally get a legit SF to help add some stability to the lineup, so now the SG position is all that's left to solidify.

Melo worked very well with A.I on the Nuggets, and the Bulls desperately need that scoring on the wing.

I would fire Woodson. You can't have two games where the players throw up shots when they should be running clock down and another where he doesn't even call a time out at the end down 2.
Firing Woodson would be the nicest things the Knicks have done for him. What a mess of a franchise...signed, sad Knick fan...

Pretty much. Anyone who thinks Melo can thrive on a team with another scorer, not gonna happen. If last year's Knicks had better defenders and some more muscle in the middle, that would have been the perfect team for Melo. He needs lots of great shooters on the floor to spread things out on offense and lots of great defenders to hide the fact that he doesn't play any.,..

...any time that Melo is on the court with Bargs or Stat...wow...might as well just hang a welcome mat over the hoop...

Can we all agree that this has been the most injury plagued season in recent memory?

Jrue Holiday is out indefinitely with a stress fracture in his leg to go along with his teammate Ryan Anderson who has a herniated disc and is also out indefinitely. And Eric Bledsoe too is out for an unknown amount of time and will undergo some sort of knee surgery in the future.

bread's done
Back