The Bayxter Signal OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
My love for the MGS4 Bundle just got way deeper. I realized it comes with the 40 GB which has full backwards compatibility (right?). Must...buy...now...

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']Hey, I only did that the once because I needed the money.[/QUOTE]
It was worth it. Sorry about the coffee ring on your back.

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']This makes no sense. Any good game on the PS3 is multiplatform. I haven't seen a PS3 exclusive that makes me want the system yet.[/quote]

Metal Gear Solid 4

Really, it's all you need.

[quote name='Eviltude']
Do it.

I'm glad the Wii was for my little sister. It isn't worth it's weight in shit...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm glad you bought it...

[quote name='prmononoke']Metal Gear Solid 4

Really, it's all you need.[/quote]

It just doesn't pique my interest. After MGS2, I just can't get in to them anymore.

[quote name='Mojimbo']Wrong, Evildude.[/QUOTE]

No?

Hmmm. The Gun Metal Grey still sells me on it. I guess I need to go find what the difference between the 40 and 80 GB is.

EDIT:
Meh. I don't have any flash drives and I'll be cool with 2 USB slots. Not to mention I still have a PS2 (and a PS1), so I don't need backwards compatibility. I'm in for 1.

[quote name='Moxio']Except that you aren't.[/quote]

But I am!

Name one time (like, something that actually happened) when I wasn't congenial towards you.

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']It just doesn't pique my interest. After MGS2, I just can't get in to them anymore.[/quote]

That's a shame. You're missing out, dude.

[quote name='Mojimbo']You're crazy. MGS3 was incredible.[/quote]

This.

I actually enjoyed playing through 2, though. 4 was more incredible than 3, I think.

4 and 1 are almost equal in my book.

I agree. I didn't like MGS2 when I first played through it, but I was younger. I played through the whole series recently and loved every minute of each game. Maybe it's just kind of nostalgic for me though.

This truck was stopped in front of me at a light today:

hardparts.jpg

[quote name='Mojimbo']I ain't gonna lie, I'm kinda terrified of what I might hear when I wake up next Wednesday.[/quote]

I'm guessing this election will have a massive number of people staying up late to watch election coverage.

[quote name='JolietJake']I think i figured it out, it's getting close to winter, so Brak is just naturally preparing to hibernate. That means plugging his ass up for months.[/quote]

[quote name='Moxio']Why would anyone kiss your butt knowing there's a chance that poop will blast out of it like a fucking volcano?[/quote]

Sweet Jesus...that was hilarious...yet I feel bad laughing.

Seriously though Brak...that sucks...are you still going at least once a day?

"In an amazing turn of events, Green Party candidate Cynthia McKinney sweeps the election. The first black woman to gain presidency as well as the first black female vice president!"

Meh, no matter the outcome, we're pretty much screwed.

I don't mind McCain all that much, but from what I know about Palin, I really, really hate her.

And I do, of course, disagree with Obama on most things.

My vote doesn't matter in Nebraska, where McCain is pretty much guaranteed to win. So I voted for Bob Barr, who obviously doesn't have a chance.

Four more years of the same old shit, regardless of the outcome. Yay.

[quote name='Mojimbo']I ain't gonna lie, I'm kinda terrified of what I might hear when I wake up next Wednesday.[/QUOTE]

I already did my part, and so did my parents.

I still would have preferred Hillary, but anything is better than four more years of bad policy.

Brak should eat all of the following:

Anything from Taco Bell
Burgers from White Castle
Watermelon
Prunes
Apples

If after all that you aren't shitting your lungs out, you aren't human.

[quote name='JolietJake']Brak should eat all of the following:

Anything from Taco Bell
Watermelon
Prunes
Apples

If after all that you aren't shitting your lungs out, you aren't human.[/quote]

brak.gif

No...he's not.

Anything from Taco Bell
Watermelon
Prunes
Apples

If after all that you aren't shitting your lungs out, you aren't human.[/QUOTE]
Coffee. Hot. Once I have my coffee my bowels are unlocked for the day and ready for movement.

[quote name='prmononoke']Meh, no matter the outcome, we're pretty much screwed.

I don't mind McCain all that much, but from what I know about Palin, I really, really hate her.

And I do, of course, disagree with Obama on most things.

My vote doesn't matter in Nebraska, where McCain is pretty much guaranteed to win. So I voted for Bob Barr, who obviously doesn't have a chance.

Four more years of the same old shit, regardless of the outcome. Yay.[/QUOTE]

I've pretty much decided that is what I'm going to do. I don't care enough for either of the major candidates to vote for them, but everyone is all but forcing me to vote, so I am going to vote for an independent. American elections have become more of a beauty contest than anything.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I already did my part, and so did my parents.

I still would have preferred Hillary, but anything is better than four more years of bad policy.[/quote]

I know we disagree on most things politically, Casey, so when I ask this, understand that I really am curious, and I just want to know (and the question itself really isn't argumentative at all).

Why would you prefer Hillary?

Anything from Taco Bell
Watermelon
Prunes
Apples

If after all that you aren't shitting your lungs out, you aren't human.[/quote]

I'm guessing those new volcano tacos would do the trick :hot:

A couple of weeks ago, to prove to my mom that diuretics weren't working, I took four Exlax, two stool softeners and shoved a suppository up my ass -- NOTHING HAPPENED, except for me suffering all night.

I went two or three times today, though. I might start being regular again.

Get outta here, princess.

Can anyone explain to me why we run shit through the electoral college?

(No, really, I'm pretty ignorant on the subject and would like to know why.)

[quote name='Eviltude']I've pretty much decided that is what I'm going to do. I don't care enough for either of the major candidates to vote for them, but everyone is all but forcing me to vote, so I am going to vote for an independent. American elections have become more of a beauty contest than anything.[/quote]

People no longer vote based on issues, really.

It's based on party affiliations, which is sad. I'm not a Republican, yet I would vote for Ron Paul if he was the Republican candidate, since I agree with him on most issues. But, since I can't get behind either of the major two candidates, since they both have shitty-ass views, I have to go with someone who can't win.

[quote name='Mojimbo']Get outta here, princess.

(No, really, I'm pretty ignorant on the subject and would like to know why.)[/quote]

:whistle2:s

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']I'm guessing those new volcano tacos would do the trick :hot:[/QUOTE]
Not nearly as hot as you'd expect. Though, the greasy beef alone should bring the shits a screamin'.

(No, really, I'm pretty ignorant on the subject and would like to know why.)[/quote]
From what i understand, it's to make things more even amongst all the states. So that smaller less populated states aren't ignored or thought of as unimportant.

Which is working wonderfully, i bet Rhode Island just gets bombarded with political ads.

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']I'm guessing those new volcano tacos would do the trick :hot:[/quote]
Everyone thinks they're called Volcano because of the spiciness. It's really because of the diarrhea volcano that occurs afterward.

[quote name='prmononoke']I know we disagree on most things politically, Casey, so when I ask this, understand that I really am curious, and I just want to know (and the question itself really isn't argumentative at all).

Why would you prefer Hillary (I have no idea what her policies are compared to Obama's)?[/QUOTE]

The list is probably too long to go into, but suffice it to say that Obama goes too far to the left on many issues that I don't feel he should, and not far enough to the right on others. Clinton is also more prepared for the office and has an incredible knowledge about the inner workings of government and policy.

Truth be told, I still wish Al Gore would have run again, but I got to vote for the person that I most closely identify with.

(No, really, I'm pretty ignorant on the subject and would like to know why.)[/QUOTE]

It has to do with those in power wanting to allow states to chose the person that they felt was best suited to be president. States chose electors and then electors would vote for the candiate they thought was best. This changed as time progressed and the party system emerged.

The main reason it is around today is because of the attention that certain states get. If there was no electoral college, the feeling is that political actors would only speak to the base and would not try and broaden their message to reach a wide consortium of people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back