The Blockbuster Thread XXV: June 25th - July 1st, 50% off used games $19.99 and under

io

Staff member
Feedback
89 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Blockbuster/Gamerush video game deal thread.

June 25th - July 1st, 50% off used games $19.99 and under

See here for the deal: http://www.blockbuster.com/stores

There used to be a coupon to print for it, but now stores should have the bar code to scan at the register.  If not, show them their own web page (above) and maybe they will figure it out.

See BlockbusterGuy's thread for a list of titles eligible under (and commonly found at BBV) for the promo:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/310423-blockbuster-video-4th-of-july-sale-bogo/

Coming July 2nd: B1G1 free on games $29.99 and under

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note that anything below here might be out of date. To be honest, I have no idea if Blockbuster even takes games for trade-in any more!

What is this thread for?
The primary function of this thread is to discuss current trade-in and sale promos, post any trade-in values you have obtained, and discuss new and used game selection and availability. Please post trade-in values with the date of the trade (or quote) and system.

It is also permissible to discuss system availability, credit issues, etc. As long as it is related to game trades or sales at Blockbuster it is generally OK to discuss it here.

Unlike more tightly focused clearance threads, it is OK to discuss more general Blockbuster issues here as well as trade requests as long as they are kept to a minimum (and usually just during specific deals).

What is this thread NOT for?
Please do not discuss the flipping of games from one Blockbuster store to another should another such opportunity arise (through trade-in deals). It is one thing to "play the market" with trade-in values from one chain to another (BBVto Amazon to EB) - free market buy low/sell high and all that. But taking advantage of loopholes in a single store's policies/promos is frowned upon and has, in the past, led to trade-in bans from BBV.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blockbuster Game Trading Info
- You must sign up for a trade account in addition to your regular Blockbuster account
- You must sign up for a new trade account at every store you wish to trade at, even if using the same main account
- Trade-in credit will be placed onto your store account
- Credit on store accounts can only be used at that one store
- Clerks at one store cannot see your trading/purchasing history at another store via your account
- Depending on state law you may or may not get sales tax added to your trade-ins (and thus get more than normal). You will always be charged sales tax where applicable on purchases.

Current Trade-In Deals
There are no trade-in deals at this time nor have there been for a very very long time. They did however just recently cut down all their trade-in values to Gamestop-like levels (but without deals to make them more appealing as at GS).

Trade-In Values

Trade-in prices are usually universal at Blockbuster, but can be wildly different at franchise Blockbuster stores. Used game prices change on Monday. We are not currently sure when trade-in values get updated but a few years ago it used to be on Mondays. Any quotes given in this thread may thus be good through Sunday of the current week. If you want to be sure to get the same value another CAG has reported then do your trading by Sunday as the price may drop on Monday.

Also note that many stores will no longer accept video games without cover art. This is the official policy for DVD trade-ins but apparently many clerks will confuse the two and not allow it for games either. Just beware that it might be a hassle if you have a disc-only game to trade.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Links to previous Blockbuster/Gamerush Threads (dating back to June 2005!):
1 (by no means the first one but the earliest that can be found - check it out for some drama)
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='darkvulture']just saying he's wrong nothing bad about it i can call someone out when i see fit .....and he maybe a smalltown low paid bb worker but in clinton township michigan bb mafia 2 and star wars fu 2 are 14.99

NOT ALL PRICES ARE THE SAME EVERYWHERE[/QUOTE]

Did you ever think that maybe your bb priced it wrong? Oh no, because your ego wont let you think anything that doesn't support your self importance, isn't that right my lord?

[quote name='Toss']Who the fuck is this guy?[/QUOTE]

just a guy stopping the spread of false and wrong info to the masses

i should not of called him a child but he's still wrong

[quote name='darkvulture']just saying he's wrong nothing bad about it i can call someone out when i see fit .....and he maybe a smalltown low paid bb worker but in clinton township michigan bb mafia 2 and star wars fu 2 are 14.99

NOT ALL PRICES ARE THE SAME EVERYWHERE[/QUOTE]

Even if you are right, and there is a solid chance that one store in Michigan does have that game labeled at that price (and there is an equally plausible chance that one store has the game mislabeled), you are trash talking the most reliable and consistently dependable source of BBV information on all of CAG. Even if you are right in this instance, there is no need for the self-righteous, asshole nature of your post; especially towards someone who is constantly trying to help everyone else out.

No one who has responded so far has a problem with you possibly being right, they have a problem with you being a dick.

oh you must tell me who your "source" is. you may get the $14.99 price since if its tagged that way they should honor that price but you are making other cags think they can get it for that price which is incorrect. i'm looking at the price sheet right now and guess what its $19.99 on both platforms.

btw all corporate stores ARE THE SAME PRICE EVERYWHERE.

I saw
COD:MW2 $14.99 ps3
Split Second $14.99 ps3
SSFIV $14.99 ps3

I also saw them each priced at $19.99 at another bbv so go figure.

COD:MW2 is $19.99 but the other 2 are correct. bbv stores in general are notoriously bad at keeping up with the reprices so never trust the sticker. in this case the wrong sticker benefits you.

[quote name='hawaiiboy']oh you must tell me who your "source" is. you may get the $14.99 price since if its tagged that way they should honor that price but you are making other cags think they can get it for that price which is incorrect. i'm looking at the price sheet right now and guess what its $19.99 on both platforms.

btw all corporate stores ARE THE SAME PRICE EVERYWHERE.[/QUOTE]

Someone just got pwned...

[quote name='darkvulture']wrong its not same price at every block buster mine is clinton township 18 mile [/QUOTE]
So you're going to insult and belittle the one major source of information in this thread because a single Blockbuster in Bumfuck Middle of Nowhere, Michigan has the game tagged at $14.99? GTFO.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to scout out the local BBV's to better plan my buying strategy so I'm going in blind (scary yet exciting). By the way, much thanks for passing on all the information hawaiiboy.

I'm waiting for the obligatory flippers/hoarders vs "people who actually want these games to play" fight to start.

*grabs his popcorn*

ha ha ha when i post my pictures tomorrow to prove you wrong i expect you to say sorry and then most of you can know your place when compared to me

[quote name='hawaiiboy']oh you must tell me who your "source" is. you may get the $14.99 price since if its tagged that way they should honor that price but you are making other cags think they can get it for that price which is incorrect. i'm looking at the price sheet right now and guess what its $19.99 on both platforms.

btw all corporate stores ARE THE SAME PRICE EVERYWHERE.

COD:MW2 is $19.99 but the other 2 are correct. bbv stores in general are notoriously bad at keeping up with the reprices so never trust the sticker. in this case the wrong sticker benefits you.[/QUOTE]

oh and by the way get a better job

and i'm right priced wrong or whatever i'm right

I'm going to call your store right now and tell them to correctly tag that game troll....

EDIT: Trust me we know our place compared to you.

[quote name='PapaSmerf']I'm going to call your store right now and tell them to correctly tag that game troll....

EDIT: Trust me we know our place compared to you.[/QUOTE]
That would be hilarious :lol:

[quote name='darkvulture']ha ha ha when i post my pictures tomorrow to prove you wrong i expect you to say sorry and then most of you can know your place when compared to me[/QUOTE]

It's not that anyone said you're lying. It's just that yours is probably the exception and letting other CAG's think it's that price is misleading. We should expect $19.99 for Mafia 2 but if it's less then that's a win. But if you say $14.99 and it turns out to be $19.99, then you'll get CAG's confronting BBV employees, manager overrides or not, people complaining on this thread that it's inaccurate, dogs and cats living together...mass hysteria.

So for sanity, keep the listed price from the main source who ACTUALLY works at BBV and HAS the price sheet staring at him as the law and anything less as a pleasant surprise. :wall:

Where the fuck did this guy come from???!!!!

LMFAO! So entirely random! I'm rolling over here guys.

I highly doubt you're actually bothered by this troll, HawaiiBoy. Nevertheless, it deserves repeating: Many people on this forum, myself included, really appreciate the information you provide us all with.

[quote name='freehafe']To stand up for HB I'm in Michigan (albeit in a different town) and I saw it for 19.99 this afternoon.[/QUOTE]
There is really no need. Those of us who follow the thread already know who the authority on the matter is and those that don't only need to read more than the last page.

[quote name='darkvulture']oh and by the way get a better job

and i'm right priced wrong or whatever i'm right[/QUOTE]

idiot, HawaiiBoy is always right...now end it

[quote name='darkvulture']ha ha ha when i post my pictures tomorrow to prove you wrong i expect you to say sorry and then most of you can know your place when compared to me[/QUOTE]

[quote name='darkvulture']wrong its not same price at every block buster mine is clinton township 18 mile

so they need to put that in the first post prices are not the same don't know if its new but used prices are diff at every store[/QUOTE]

That's not too far from me. I think I now have a goal to drive over there and buy every copy before you can get there tomorrow.

All i want to do is go spend this c-note ive been saving since the last b1g1..awesome sell and got to meet Brother Daz..Daz Big Ups!..I think ill run down the street and see whats in stock...no 99 cent BR this time? Oh well cant complain with all the good stuff we go already. Happy Hunting CAG'S

[quote name='PapaSmerf']There is really no need. Those of us who follow the thread already know who the authority on the matter is and those that don't only need to read more than the last page.[/QUOTE]

I agree most already know, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to let him know his work is appreciated and to better inform gamers in Michigan that choose not to read more than a small amount.

My fellow cheapies, lets just all disregard that elitist clown who is messing with hb and lets all prepare to raid blockbuster tommorow. Thanks for Your contributions to this thread hb :)

[quote name='darkvulture']oh and by the way get a better job

and i'm right priced wrong or whatever i'm right[/QUOTE]

hmmm, usually the dicks get weeded out here eventually....how did you survive for 6 years?

Good lord, I never now how big of di@k some trolls can be. Just because you found a miss-priced item doesn't mean they're all going to be selling for that price. What a flaming troll. HB keep doing your thing we all appreciate it.

[quote name='Ultragamer']That's not too far from me. I think I now have a goal to drive over there and buy every copy before you can get there tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Please do so =D that would be entertaining

so you're gonna take a picture of your receipt that you got them to honor the mistagged price at? to prove yourself and help everyone on CAG know their place to you? lol, you're such a douche. :roll:

Getting excited for tomorrow! I'm going to hit up my two local stores now to see what stock is like. I'm on summer hours at work right now, so yeah for half day Fridays! I can return to both stores within an hour of opening.
Thanks again HB, for being an awesome resource for the CAG community!

Oh, we all know our places compared to you, you rank much higher on the douchebag scale! I must bow down to your greatness!

BTW I'm guessing you must have a non corporate store, many of them have different prices on used games.

[quote name='strait edge follower']My fellow cheapies, lets just all disregard that elitist clown who is messing with hb and lets all prepare to raid blockbuster tommorow. Thanks for Your contributions to this thread hb :)[/QUOTE]

So this is happening for sure? I couldn't see the confirmation between all the bullshit

[quote name='GoVols']I hope Infamous 2 drops to $14.99 before this sale is over.[/QUOTE]

Highly doubt that. Good luck to everyone tomorrow...except that darkvulture dude,lol.

[quote name='Sinnbox']Oh, we all know our places compared to you, you rank much higher on the douchebag scale! I must bow down to your greatness!

BTW I'm guessing you must have a non corporate store, many of them have different prices on used games.[/QUOTE]

if it is a non corporate store then hes probably SOL on the sale starting tomorrow. The non corporate store by me never has the Buy 1 G1 on games when the corporate stores do. And I'm also from MI and havent seen Mafia 2 for $14.99 anywhere. I may have seen Force Unleashed II for $14.99 though. I cant remember.

[quote name='mrwogs2']This thread is getting hilariously out of control.[/QUOTE]

Yes it is. And it's great. We have until blockbuster opens tomorrow to dispute the $5 price difference and name call each other. Once the sale starts it'll be all talk about the deals.

I for one thoroughly enjoyed the last few pages. Good stuff.

In Hawaiiboy we trust.

[quote name='yedgee']Yes it is. And it's great. We have until blockbuster opens tomorrow to dispute the $5 price difference and name call each other. Once the sale starts it'll be all talk about the deals.

I for one thoroughly enjoyed the last few pages. Good stuff.

In Hawaiiboy we trust.[/QUOTE]

def one of the best CAG trolls I'v even seen. usually they give up after a page or two. lol

F.ck darkvulture. Please someone call his local store.

Now for on topic conversation. I stake out my local BBV and hope they still have the one copy on Transformers WFC. Saw plenty of SWFU2 which I also plan to get.

Stopped by a store tonight and Infamous 2 didn't have a price on it. It's free everybody!!!

[quote name='icarusmight']F.ck darkvulture. Please someone call his local store.
[/QUOTE]

Someone local definitely needs to call. Here's the number: (586) 412-0600

it should be in vulture we trust i'm helping you guys out by saying it may ring up diff then its tagged

and no calling the store my games are waiting for me

i'm never wrong once thought i was wrong but i was just mistaken

All kidding aside, HB do you know the TIV of :wii: Michael Jackson the experience? Was 15 at BB this week with coupon. May trade a copy in to BB depending upon TIV.

[quote name='dino88']Stopped by a store tonight and Infamous 2 didn't have a price on it. It's free everybody!!!

Someone local definitely needs to call. Here's the number: (586) 412-0600[/QUOTE]

that wont work person of a lesser god ...its after midnight and its closed lol lol and every store has diff prices so your just wasting time you could be using to raid stores in the morning

[quote name='dino88']Stopped by a store tonight and Infamous 2 didn't have a price on it. It's free everybody!!!

Someone local definitely needs to call. Here's the number: (586) 412-0600[/QUOTE]

I just did my evil playthrough of infamous 2. That game rocks and i really recomend it to you If you havent played it yet

bread's done
Back