The Blockbuster Thread XXV: June 25th - July 1st, 50% off used games $19.99 and under

io

Staff member
Feedback
89 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Blockbuster/Gamerush video game deal thread.

June 25th - July 1st, 50% off used games $19.99 and under

See here for the deal: http://www.blockbuster.com/stores

There used to be a coupon to print for it, but now stores should have the bar code to scan at the register.  If not, show them their own web page (above) and maybe they will figure it out.

See BlockbusterGuy's thread for a list of titles eligible under (and commonly found at BBV) for the promo:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/310423-blockbuster-video-4th-of-july-sale-bogo/

Coming July 2nd: B1G1 free on games $29.99 and under

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note that anything below here might be out of date. To be honest, I have no idea if Blockbuster even takes games for trade-in any more!

What is this thread for?
The primary function of this thread is to discuss current trade-in and sale promos, post any trade-in values you have obtained, and discuss new and used game selection and availability. Please post trade-in values with the date of the trade (or quote) and system.

It is also permissible to discuss system availability, credit issues, etc. As long as it is related to game trades or sales at Blockbuster it is generally OK to discuss it here.

Unlike more tightly focused clearance threads, it is OK to discuss more general Blockbuster issues here as well as trade requests as long as they are kept to a minimum (and usually just during specific deals).

What is this thread NOT for?
Please do not discuss the flipping of games from one Blockbuster store to another should another such opportunity arise (through trade-in deals). It is one thing to "play the market" with trade-in values from one chain to another (BBVto Amazon to EB) - free market buy low/sell high and all that. But taking advantage of loopholes in a single store's policies/promos is frowned upon and has, in the past, led to trade-in bans from BBV.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blockbuster Game Trading Info
- You must sign up for a trade account in addition to your regular Blockbuster account
- You must sign up for a new trade account at every store you wish to trade at, even if using the same main account
- Trade-in credit will be placed onto your store account
- Credit on store accounts can only be used at that one store
- Clerks at one store cannot see your trading/purchasing history at another store via your account
- Depending on state law you may or may not get sales tax added to your trade-ins (and thus get more than normal). You will always be charged sales tax where applicable on purchases.

Current Trade-In Deals
There are no trade-in deals at this time nor have there been for a very very long time. They did however just recently cut down all their trade-in values to Gamestop-like levels (but without deals to make them more appealing as at GS).

Trade-In Values

Trade-in prices are usually universal at Blockbuster, but can be wildly different at franchise Blockbuster stores. Used game prices change on Monday. We are not currently sure when trade-in values get updated but a few years ago it used to be on Mondays. Any quotes given in this thread may thus be good through Sunday of the current week. If you want to be sure to get the same value another CAG has reported then do your trading by Sunday as the price may drop on Monday.

Also note that many stores will no longer accept video games without cover art. This is the official policy for DVD trade-ins but apparently many clerks will confuse the two and not allow it for games either. Just beware that it might be a hassle if you have a disc-only game to trade.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Links to previous Blockbuster/Gamerush Threads (dating back to June 2005!):
1 (by no means the first one but the earliest that can be found - check it out for some drama)
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bgame2']All kidding aside, HB do you know the TIV of :wii: Michael Jackson the experience? Was 15 at BB this week with coupon. May trade a copy in to BB depending upon TIV.[/QUOTE]

Didnt Blockbuster stop doing Game Trade Ins?

[quote name='darkvulture']that wont work person of a lesser god ...its after midnight and its closed lol lol and every store has diff prices so your just wasting time you could be using to raid stores in the morning[/QUOTE]

You should be like a vulture and fly off this thread

Just finished SWFU II. While I still say its worth $7.50, I liked the first half of the game significantly more than the second. It gets very repetitive in parts. I enjoyed it, but I definitely felt as though it was on a downward spiral towards the end.

[quote name='strait edge follower']You should be like a vulture and fly off this thread[/QUOTE]

no noob this is my site and i will post anywhere i see fit

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']Didnt Blockbuster stop doing Game Trade Ins?[/QUOTE]

I believe HB said that they are continuing but you must use the credit at that store.

[quote name='bgame2']Just finished SWFU II. While I still say its worth $7.50, I liked the first half of the game significantly more than the second. It gets very repetitive in parts. I enjoyed it, but I definitely felt as though it was on a downward spiral towards the end.[/QUOTE]

I tried part one and i just couldnt finnish it. Are the controls and camera in part 2 just as broken as they were in the first one Or are they improved ?

[quote name='strait edge follower']I just did my evil playthrough of infamous 2. That game rocks and i really recomend it to you If you havent played it yet[/QUOTE]

It's actually sitting right here next to me, but I haven't started playing it yet. Soon.

[quote name='strait edge follower']I tried part one and i just couldnt finnish it. Are the controls and camera in part 2 just as broken as they were in the first one Or are they improved ?[/QUOTE]

The Camera is ten times better. The controls seemed ok. I played this one on the :ps3: and I didn't really mind it even though I strongly prefer the :360: controller.

It was just the repetitive nature of it that bothered me.

if anyone hits the south LA/North OC corridor tomorrow(la habra, fullerton, yorba linda), can you clue me in on PS3 games and maybe save me a trip.

The last sale was truly pathetic for PS3. La Habra had about 15-20 games, Fullerton had 0 (yes zero ps3 when i went) and Yorba linda had like 8. It wasnt worth the gas. Dont know if Ill bother tomorrow after work (Bah, who and I kidding....)

[quote name='dino88']Stopped by a store tonight and Infamous 2 didn't have a price on it. It's free everybody!!!

Someone local definitely needs to call. Here's the number: (586) 412-0600[/QUOTE]

Yeah I called right after he posted the location and asked them to put the game on hold for me and to do a price check first. The person said it was $19.99 so even if he does get there to grab it, he won't get it for $14.99.

Anybody play Warioware Smooth Moves on the Wii? I went to my BB today to see what they have for the sale tomorrow and saw it there for $14.99? Was thinking about getting that with Heavy Rain. Smooth Moves looks crazy.

[quote name='boneless']I'm waiting for the obligatory flippers/hoarders vs "people who actually want these games to play" fight to start.

*grabs his popcorn*[/QUOTE]
It shouldn't be long, but it certainly won't be me saying 'I got X and Y and I dumped them on such and such place' cuz I scouted my closest store tonight and they have jack shit for $14.99 and under.....unless I want 12-15 copies of Fallout New Vegas.:whistle2:#:roll:

The only thing they even remotely had that was a halfway decent game(for PS3) was Uncharted 2 and that was mismarked $19.99. But I still have a copy sealed from the Black Friday PS3 bundle I grabbed from Amazon a while ago, so I'm definitely good on that front.

Plus the one lady manager that's usually ok with me gave me shit saying 'even if the promo IS buy any game you can still only get a game $14.99 and under free with that one cuz we know you resell games'.

I was really, seriously tempted to go off on her and say what the fuck difference does it make WHAT I do with games I buy and/or maybe there actually are two higher priced games I wanna play(not bloody likely by the shit selection I saw) and/or she should be fuckin' lucky she still has a gd job since the chain is somehow still alive.

I'm really tempted to buy something at the closest store JUST to get a receipt so I can do one of those surveys n give her all negatives n hopefully teach her a fuckin' lesson like I did the one bitchy manager at Best Buy, who was super cordial to me yesterday when I bought some of the clearance DVD's/CD's.:evil:

Oh well. I'll hit up the other two closest stores and hopefully get the nice clerk at the one furthest from me, since she was very helpful during the 90% off clearance.

[quote name='Metal Militia']Anybody play Warioware Smooth Moves on the Wii? I went to my BB today to see what they have for the sale tomorrow and saw it there for $14.99? Was thinking about getting that with Heavy Rain. Smooth Moves looks crazy.[/QUOTE]

I love Warioware Smooth Moves. One of my favorite Wii games, which isn't saying a whole lot, but it's a great little game. Perfect for the Wii.

Well I come here to read that Mafia II could possibly be 15 and then it turns out some guy is screwing with us. Oh well.. too good to be true lol.

I'm definitely psyched for tomorrow. I plan on picking up (if I find them of course:

SWTFUII - 15
Mafia II - 20

Dead Rising 2 - 20
SvR10 or Saint's Row 2 or Episodes from LC if they have em - 15

I might get all 3 of those if I can find em all since it just means an extra 15$.

If I can find them:

Mass Effect 2 - 10
Mercenaries 2 (or some other good 10$ game) - 10

My lists are mainly interchangeable. I don't expect to find everything I'm looking for so I'll see what's good and I'll make a choice. I'm definitely looking forward to having a few new games to play this summer. :bouncy:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Plus the one lady manager that's usually ok with me gave me shit saying 'even if the promo IS buy any game you can still only get a game $14.99 and under free with that one cuz we know you resell games'.
[/QUOTE]

Besides the reseller comment, all she did was tell you how the sale works.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']It shouldn't be long, but it certainly won't be me saying 'I got X and Y and I dumped them on such and such place' cuz I scouted my closest store tonight and they have jack shit for $14.99 and under.....unless I want 12-15 copies of Fallout New Vegas.:whistle2:#:roll:

The only thing they even remotely had that was a halfway decent game(for PS3) was Uncharted 2 and that was mismarked $19.99. But I still have a copy sealed from the Black Friday PS3 bundle I grabbed from Amazon a while ago, so I'm definitely good on that front.

Plus the one lady manager that's usually ok with me gave me shit saying 'even if the promo IS buy any game you can still only get a game $14.99 and under free with that one cuz we know you resell games'.

I was really, seriously tempted to go off on her and say what the fuck difference does it make WHAT I do with games I buy and/or maybe there actually are two higher priced games I wanna play(not bloody likely by the shit selection I saw) and/or she should be fuckin' lucky she still has a gd job since the chain is somehow still alive.

I'm really tempted to buy something at the closest store JUST to get a receipt so I can do one of those surveys n give her all negatives n hopefully teach her a fuckin' lesson like I did the one bitchy manager at Best Buy, who was super cordial to me yesterday when I bought some of the clearance DVD's/CD's.:evil:

Oh well. I'll hit up the other two closest stores and hopefully get the nice clerk at the one furthest from me, since she was very helpful during the 90% off clearance.[/QUOTE]

look up the store # using your store locator on blockbuster.com then http://twitter.com/#!/blockbuster #iamthedoucheiestgamer :booty::booty::booty:

I honestly have no intention of picking up anything specific. I'm going in blindly, which can either be a very good or a very bad thing.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Has anyone here played spiderman shatterd demensions ? If so how is it ? I might pickup it up tommorow[/QUOTE]

Pretty good, especially if you're a fan of Spider-Man or just comic books in general. I just felt like it was getting repetitive, so I stopped playing it.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Has anyone here played spiderman shatterd demensions ? If so how is it ? I might pickup it up tommorow[/QUOTE]

Best spiderman game i had played in a long time. Great Graphics and the ability to use different spidys was nice:) i would get it if its part of the deal of b1g1 free. Beat the game but did not platinum as i have a few trophies left to get

[quote name='trailmix10']Best spiderman game i had played in a long time. Great Graphics and the ability to use different spidys was nice:) i would get it if its part of the deal of b1g1 free. Beat the game but did not platinum as i have a few trophies left to get[/QUOTE]

How long are the story modes for each spiderman story ? Or are they all tied into one story mode and you swich between them as the game progresses

[quote name='Tsel']Pretty good, especially if you're a fan of Spider-Man or just comic books in general. I just felt like it was getting repetitive, so I stopped playing it.[/QUOTE]

What did you find repetitive about it ?

[quote name='dino88']Besides the reseller comment, all she did was tell you how the sale works.[/QUOTE]
Not to sound like our pal darkvulture here, but I already know how it works and she knows I already know how it works, so I definitely did NOT need a refresher.:booty:
[quote name='steve nash']look up the store # using your store locator on blockbuster.com then http://twitter.com/#!/blockbuster #iamthedoucheiestgamer :booty::booty::booty:[/QUOTE]
I don't do Twitter(or Facebook, MySpace, etc, etc), which is why I said I'll likely buy something there just to get a receipt so I can do the survey thing.

What makes me laugh though is how corporate doesn't seem to know wtf it's doing, even under new ownership. They JUST cleared out all of that stuff for 90% off and this closest store had some Smurfs merchandise come in this past week(keychains and supposedly 'canvas' posters).

Mind ya, they DID have the SE's of the first two Toy Story movies on
iconbluraypng.png
at this store, as well as a lone copy of the third one on the one table out for the 5/$20 sale that also starts today, so that may be my purchase.

They also got in an asston of new $.99 DVD's, so I may peruse those racks too.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='cardsharkrob']Thank you Straight Edge. Off topic Straight Edge but what did you think of CM Punks promo at the end of Raw this past monday?[/QUOTE]

It was by far the best promo ive seen in years ! Guys like the miz, kofi, mcintyre, sheamus etc should have took notes cause that was so convincing. talking about how vince would be better off dead made my eyes open lol. I do However think that it was a worked shoot cause If it wasnt, why didnt he mention tna ( sorry impact wrestling lol ) and why is he still getting a match at money in the bank even after those words he said ? This is just some big story line and punk has us and many others interested in seeing where this is going. Punk follower forever !

What makes me laugh though is how corporate doesn't seem to know wtf it's doing, even under new ownership. They JUST cleared out all of that stuff for 90% off and this closest store had some Smurfs merchandise come in this past week(keychains and supposedly 'canvas' posters.

Yeah I thought we were done selling that general merchandise crap but nope. All stores got that smurfs junk and were getting more framed art sometime in the next month.

[quote name='strait edge follower']How long are the story modes for each spiderman story ? Or are they all tied into one story mode and you swich between them as the game progresses[/QUOTE]

Cant remember the times but there is a trophy that you have x amount of min to complete the chapter with whatever spidy it is. i think its around 30-40 min avg if you aint doing a speed run and are looking for spider collectibles you have to obtain. its all tied to one story mode even though its 13 levels with different spidy personas if that makes sense. you jump to future spiderman then back to past then the present. Story is weak but game was a blast

[quote name='hawaiiboy']Yeah I thought we were done selling that general merchandise crap but nope. All stores got that smurfs junk and were getting more framed art sometime in the next month.[/QUOTE]

Whaa is it because of the smurf movie coming out. BTW when is that being released to theaters LOL

[quote name='trailmix10']Whaa is it because of the smurf movie coming out. BTW when is that being released to theaters LOL[/QUOTE]

Normaly im happy when my hometown ny is used for movies but this smurfs monstrosity is the exception. They are little woodland creatures, What the fuck are they doing in nyc lmao

Got my lists together of all of the Blu Rays I want to try to pick up, plus the games I want to grab to play, as well as a the best flips. Here's hoping the stores I am going to visit have about the same stock as the last time I was in town (stuff seems to move pretty slowly at these stores, plus they are always behind on the signage for these sales, so I usually have a pretty good jump on everyone, employees included, when I show up on the first day).

Can't wait for tomorrow (well, today, really...just later on)!

[quote name='hawaiiboy']Yeah I thought we were done selling that general merchandise crap but nope. All stores got that smurfs junk and were getting more framed art sometime in the next month.[/QUOTE]

Nice. I just hope they manage to clear a profit of that stuff. I can assume how many people come in to rent a movie and blindly decide to buy a $29.99 poster or a $10 stuffed toy as well.

wait how much is Splinter Cell Conviction? is it still the $14 price? if so there goes the Spilter Cell/Medal of Honor Deal smh..I really wish my Blockbuster had better games to choose from

[quote name='radioactivez0r']Splinter Cell should be 9.99 iirc[/QUOTE]
And, you still need SC:C to get into the Ghost Recon: Future Soldier beta.

guys heavy rain seems to have a 15 tv at gamestop and its 14.99 at bb

might grab two copies of heavy rain b1 g1 and trade in to gamestop for 15 each + 50% tv 45

I'm a little confused and i've been following. Is this sale working like this: Buy ANY game priced over $14.99 and get any game $14.99 and under free; AND buy any game $14.99 and under and get another game $14.99 and under that is of equal or lesser value?

[quote name='nas6034']I'm a little confused and i've been following. Is this sale working like this: Buy ANY game priced over $14.99 and get any game $14.99 and under free; AND buy any game $14.99 and under and get another game $14.99 and under that is of equal or lesser value?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

[quote name='Investor']Are you guys mistaken that Infamous II is $19.99? Don't you mean Infamous? The sequel just came out.[/QUOTE]

According to hawaiiboy, Infamous is $19.99. He's all I care to listen to with all the noise here.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']no sleeping beauty drop? ah well.[/QUOTE]I know the post is a week old, but if you were serious, at a store that was very up to date with repricing, I saw Sleeping Beauty at $9.99. Toy Story 1, 2 & 3 also $9.99. Beauty and the Beast $12.99.

EDIT: BluRays BTW

All right CAGs, let's have a clean fight today. We've discussed, argued, and trained for this moment. Hopefully you've got your first stop scoped out, and a mental list of expectations clouding your reasoning. Now it's time to put everything on this thread to use and make this sale your bitch. LETS DO THIS!

[quote name='odd mr t']All right CAGs, let's have a clean fight today. We've discussed, argued, and trained for this moment. Hopefully you've got your first stop scoped out, and a mental list of expectations clouding your reasoning. Now it's time to put everything on this thread to use and make this sale your bitch. LETS DO THIS![/QUOTE]

hear hear good sir

[quote name='Tsel']I honestly have no intention of picking up anything specific. I'm going in blindly, which can either be a very good or a very bad thing.[/QUOTE]

Same here. There's just too many reports of games being different prices for me to actually compile a list. Right now I'm looking for SWFU2 and Uncharted 2 but if I see something else that catches my eye, I'll be sure to get it. I checked my Blockbuster out a few days ago and their game selection was the worst I've seen it yet, so I'm not getting my hopes up of finding anything, which is why I'm hoping going in there blind will surprise me with something worthwhile.

[quote name='odd mr t']All right CAGs, let's have a clean fight today. We've discussed, argued, and trained for this moment. Hopefully you've got your first stop scoped out, and a mental list of expectations clouding your reasoning. Now it's time to put everything on this thread to use and make this sale your bitch. LETS DO THIS![/QUOTE]

Thanks for the kind and empowering words. Ditto back to you and I wish you luck as well.

Just pulled up in front of the store at 5 minutes to open and the manager told me she couldn't open the store til I pulled away from the building...

bread's done
Back