The DS is irrelevent says Sony exec

[quote name='praystation']WOW. I would rather watch my movies on PSP 4 inches screen than watching Movie on DS+Playyan on its tiny screen. LOL YOU.

120 DS games? U play Japanese games too?? (DId you count the Japanese games for PSP?) -God told u to be biased?[/QUOTE]

You cannot type the word "you" out.

Therefore any opinion you hold on DS or anything else is invalid.

[quote name='Doom Gaze']You cannot type the word "you" out.

Therefore any opinion you hold on DS or anything else is invalid.[/QUOTE]
LOL. Another nitpicker loser.

[quote name='praystation']WOW. I would rather watch my movies on PSP 4 inches screen than watching Movie on DS+Playyan on its tiny screen. LOL YOU.

120 DS games? U play Japanese games too?? (DId you count the Japanese games for PSP?) -God told u to be biased?[/QUOTE]

yes, buying $20 UMD movies are much better than buying DVD movies and being able to watch them on a TV, not a 4 inch screen. Shit, what if me and some other people wanted to watch the movie but i only had it for psp(and i am not going to rebuy movies for both) what would i say, " HEY EVERYONE, HUDDLE UP OVER HERE!" WERE GONNA WATCH A MOVIE!

[quote name='stocker08']yes, buying $20 UMD movies are much better than buying DVD movies and being able to watch them on a TV, not a 4 inch screen. Shit, what if me and some other people wanted to watch the movie but i only had it for psp(and i am not going to rebuy movies for both) what would i say, " HEY EVERYONE, HUDDLE UP OVER HERE!" WERE GONNA WATCH A MOVIE![/QUOTE]

You bring your TV everywhere? Cool. You must be strong.

120 DS games? U play Japanese games too?? (DId you count the Japanese games for PSP?) -God told u to be biased?[/QUOTE]He said he was looking at the games on ebgames.com, which displays several future releases for both systems.

PSP is $250 plus $5 more than whatever the movie would regularly be on DVD. You can get a 5 inch TFT screen for $50. A cheapy dvd player will run you $20-30.

[quote name='praystation']You bring your TV everywhere? Cool. You must be strong.[/QUOTE]

no, actually i just bring the dvds i want to watch with me.......and WATCH THEM ON A TV.....you know, so i can actually see whats going on without having to squint.......

I think it's safe to say that PSP has not been off to a good start. I own one, with three games. I'm very satisfied with two of those three games and would continue to buy games for the system, assuming any good ones came out for it, which they haven't.

On the other hand, I have 21 Nintendo DS games and I expect to get another five-six this month alone. I wouldn't trade the experience of Mario 64 DS, Meteos, or Advance Wars for anything.

My PSP... I used it for NES emulation. Then I bought (the excellent) Namco Battle Collection and was forced to abandon the NES games. I haven't had any plans to buy any UMD Movies because I don't see the point in spending an extra $10-$20 on a movie that I already own on DVD.

The DS got off to a slow start. But there are good games on the way. Tons of good games. The PSP... just look at E3. I was embarssed for Sony. They have nothing.

[quote name='Survivor Charlie']The DS got off to a slow start. But there are good games on the way. Tons of good games. The PSP... just look at E3. I was embarssed for Sony. They have nothing.[/QUOTE]
I saw a bunch of PSP games at E3, and played only a few of them. I took a look at what IGN had listed for coming out until the end of the year as counted this: 51 PSP releases coming until the end of the year and 52 releases for the DS. There are quite a few UMD releases, but that is simply because creating a UMD movie takes less time than it does to develop a game.

[quote name='Survivor Charlie']In quality, they have little to nothing to offer this year. Medievil is the only game that looks ok.[/QUOTE]
That's your opinion, not fact. To me, there's quite a few good games coming out this year for both systems.

[quote name='iheartmetal']250 dollars to play old snes games on a sony machine... seems silly[/QUOTE]

Silly? I dont think so. I think it's a PLUS. DS can't even emulate Sega Master System correctly at a decent speed.

I play Neogeo Pocket, NEoGeo CD, Sega genesis, NES, SNES, Sega Master System, SCUMMV. Doom 1, Doom2, Quake 2, Herectics, Duke NUkem 3d, Game Gear on PSP. I use it to watch home encoded movie (can the DS do this out of the box?) LOL.

You guys keep on babbling about watching DVD on TV, HEY, we are talking about "portability" here, Sure That Personal DVD player is portable. But can your $89 DVD player play games and surf Internet? One word. NO. (and DO people want to bring a Portable Game system with 7 inches screen? Also NO

[quote name='sixersballernum3']Emulators suck. Buy the actual game.[/QUOTE]

Compelling arguement! Pleaselet me know how playing a portable NES is 'easy', Please let me know how to get my NES to stop blinking even after I replaced the pin. Please let me know where I can play extremly rare games for free. Oh,on the PSP. The only good thing its good for, Emulators.

I bought a DS because I want to play DS and gameboy advance games.

Why would I want to use it for anything else?

I've got an ipod and a laptop for all that other crap.

I love how the agruement has become "I can play ILLEGAL copies of Nintendo's old games on my system!"

I really hope Nintendo begins cracking down on them, because they will loose Rev download money.

[quote name='gizmogc']Compelling arguement! Pleaselet me know how playing a portable NES is 'easy', Please let me know how to get my NES to stop blinking even after I replaced the pin. Please let me know where I can play extremly rare games for free. Oh,on the PSP. The only good thing its good for, Emulators.[/QUOTE]

Please let me know where you can do all that legally.

[quote name='Sleepkyng']I bought a DS because I want to play DS and gameboy advance games.

Why would I want to use it for anything else?

I've got an ipod and a laptop for all that other crap.[/QUOTE]

I dont think you even have a laptop. If you do, don't you know a laptop is "heavy"? Or maybe you are just strong enough like the other guy to bring his TV around to watch DVD. My car broke down once and I had to bring my laptop, in its "bag." While standing in a bus, I kept on switching the bag on both left and right shoulder.

IPod? sure. Why would want to bring an ipod if I can bring ONE single thing that does the same thing as the IPOD does... WITH EXTRAS? It is so much better to hear... let's say Koda Kumi sings and dance at the same time (sure you can listen to songs on Ipod, but can you "see" something like Koda Kumi's dance on ipod? NO )

[quote name='David85']I love how the agruement has become "I can play ILLEGAL copies of Nintendo's old games on my system!"

I really hope Nintendo begins cracking down on them, because they will loose Rev download money.[/QUOTE]
Illegal? i welcome you to my house, I will give you the address, and you shall see my old SNES and EVERY single things I mentioned above. I only download the games I have, and not everything else, because things I don't buy usually suck!

[quote name='praystation']Illegal? i welcome you to my house, I will give you the address, and you shall see my old SNES and EVERY single things I mentioned above. I only download the games I have, and not everything else, because things I don't buy usually suck![/QUOTE]
Contrary to popular belief, that's still not actually legal.

You must have an older laptop (though mine's 10+ years old and is only about the weight of a school book) or be very small/weak. Laptops aren't very heavy at all.

Sure, the PSP can do a lot of stuff, but unlike an iPod (though another mp3 player probably would have been a better example), it isn't truly portable. It does have some weight to it, and it's definitely bulky, very inconvenient for an mp3 player.

What really bothers me about the PSP is price! Not just the system, which may not be that bad (but you could get a more powerful PDA for around the same price), but a 512 MB card for $70? A CF or SD card (which would work in aforementioned PDA) with the same capacity is only half as much. Games are also $10 more than on the DS. Also, web browsing sucks on it. Hell, you can get a DS w/GBAMP (hopefully the M3 for DS won't be too much more expensive) and a gig card for the same price as the PSP itself. Different strokes for different folks.

Shogun Warriors/Conflict comes our in October, so your wish for a DS RTS isn't too far off.

When Sony starts releasing games that make the PSP more then a dust collector maybe I will consider getting rid of my ILLEGAL roms. Until then I will continue to play games made by Nintendo, Sega, Atari and so fourth.

[quote name='irrossistable']You must have an older laptop (though mine's 10+ years old and is only about the weight of a school book) or be very small/weak. Laptops aren't very heavy at all.

Sure, the PSP can do a lot of stuff, but unlike an iPod (though another mp3 player probably would have been a better example), it isn't truly portable. It does have some weight to it, and it's definitely bulky, very inconvenient for an mp3 player.

What really bothers me about the PSP is price! Not just the system, which may not be that bad (but you could get a more powerful PDA for around the same price), but a 512 MB card for $70? A CF or SD card (which would work in aforementioned PDA) with the same capacity is only half as much. Games are also $10 more than on the DS. Also, web browsing sucks on it. Hell, you can get a DS w/GBAMP (hopefully the M3 for DS won't be too much more expensive) and a gig card for the same price as the PSP itself. Different strokes for different folks.

Shogun Warriors/Conflict comes our in October, so your wish for a DS RTS isn't too far off.[/QUOTE]

Alienware has been doing business for 10 years? lol The laptop, plus extra battery, plus its ac adapter, is... VERY HEAVY. Don't you know PSP is NOT just an MP3 player. Plus IPOD sucks anyway. My old Ipod's battery died in 8 month, Apple cnahed it once, and still it died in 6 months. Now my Ipod only plays for 30 minutes before it needs to be recharged. Apple wont even change it anymore for free.

[quote name='irrossistable']You must have an older laptop (though mine's 10+ years old and is only about the weight of a school book) or be very small/weak. Laptops aren't very heavy at all.

Shogun Warriors/Conflict comes our in October, so your wish for a DS RTS isn't too far off.[/QUOTE]

I got my 1 GB for $76 shipped. Without the accesories included the price is only about $180 (in Japan). You buy a DS plus M3 addon to play movie is 129+89 (either CF or SD model)+ SD card ($20-$130), which is way more than PSP.

[quote name='gizmogc']When Sony starts releasing games that make the PSP more then a dust collector maybe I will consider getting rid of my ILLEGAL roms. Until then I will continue to play games made by Nintendo, Sega, Atari and so fourth.[/QUOTE]
My DS is the dust collector instead. Once I forgot to turn it off for 2 days in sleep mode. The last thing i heard was Mario saying "bye bye" when I closed the DS and let it go into sleep mode. 2 days later, my cousin friend's came and asked if he could play the ds. That is when I started looking for it, and found my SM64DS is still on (now dont bitch about how long the DS can last on sleep mode. I also don't turn off my PSP, I always put in on sleep mode. But this one is different. I always reember where I last put it, and always remember to comeback to play it, either playing wipeout or ridge racer online using the Xlink Kai tunneling service.

Anyway. I agree DS is irrelevant. I also Think PSP is irrelevant too. because they are in their own different league.

Anway, do I sound confuse? Maybe I am. Maybe I am just hurting when people dissing the PSP, or DS, because I have both of them. SO when PSP is ratted, I defend it, and when DS is ratted, I again defend it. ... Argghhh I am going nuts. Bye sleep time.

[quote name='praystation']IPod? sure. Why would want to bring an ipod if I can bring ONE single thing that does the same thing as the IPOD does... WITH EXTRAS? It is so much better to hear... let's say Koda Kumi sings and dance at the same time (sure you can listen to songs on Ipod, but can you "see" something like Koda Kumi's dance on ipod? NO )[/QUOTE]

Yeah, watching her dance would be entertaining for all of 10 seconds for me. Then I'd want to be able to carry more music with me.... therefore I'll stick to my Creative Labs Nomad Xtra. :applause:

And for the record... iPod sucks. Way overpriced, propritory format, etc etc etc.

MP3 players are over priced. I was going to buy one and desided not because they are all ripoffs.

Unless I buy the 60GB iPod thats $400, but that's too much for me.

[quote name='praystation']Illegal? i welcome you to my house, I will give you the address, and you shall see my old SNES and EVERY single things I mentioned above. I only download the games I have, and not everything else, because things I don't buy usually suck![/QUOTE]

Even if you own them it still Illegal to have ROMS.

[quote name='praystation']I dont think you even have a laptop. If you do, don't you know a laptop is "heavy"? Or maybe you are just strong enough like the other guy to bring his TV around to watch DVD. My car broke down once and I had to bring my laptop, in its "bag." While standing in a bus, I kept on switching the bag on both left and right shoulder.

IPod? sure. Why would want to bring an ipod if I can bring ONE single thing that does the same thing as the IPOD does... WITH EXTRAS? It is so much better to hear... let's say Koda Kumi sings and dance at the same time (sure you can listen to songs on Ipod, but can you "see" something like Koda Kumi's dance on ipod? NO )[/QUOTE]

Dude if a Laptop is heavey for you, you need to work out alot more. Laptops are feaken light. My 17" Powerbook only weighs 6lbs. and my friends 12" Powerbook only weighs 4lbs.

You can watch Koda Kumi's danceing on you iPod soon with iPod Video coming out soon. Also Nyko has a addon that lets you want movies coming out soon too.
Also you all seem to forget that the iPod can be used as a nice external HDD. And why do people keep bitching about it propritory format, Dudes it can play more then ACC files. You just can't use it with crappy servies like Napster and Real.

And praystation I find it very unlikely that you even own a iPod and if you do your lieing about the problem. First off the only way for a iPod battiery to die like that is if you drain it compleatly over 500 times. IF thats the case you are pretty damn stupid. Also Apple will keep fixing their products if the problem keeps happening, This is one reason why they are #1 is coustomer servies. So if thats the case you are Dumb.

[quote name='praystation']Silly? I dont think so. I think it's a PLUS. DS can't even emulate Sega Master System correctly at a decent speed.

I play Neogeo Pocket, NEoGeo CD, Sega genesis, NES, SNES, Sega Master System, SCUMMV. Doom 1, Doom2, Quake 2, Herectics, Duke NUkem 3d, Game Gear on PSP. I use it to watch home encoded movie (can the DS do this out of the box?) LOL.

You guys keep on babbling about watching DVD on TV, HEY, we are talking about "portability" here, Sure That Personal DVD player is portable. But can your $89 DVD player play games and surf Internet? One word. NO. (and DO people want to bring a Portable Game system with 7 inches screen? Also NO

[quote name='praystation']Alienware has been doing business for 10 years? lol The laptop, plus extra battery, plus its ac adapter, is... VERY HEAVY. Don't you know PSP is NOT just an MP3 player. Plus IPOD sucks anyway. My old Ipod's battery died in 8 month, Apple cnahed it once, and still it died in 6 months. Now my Ipod only plays for 30 minutes before it needs to be recharged. Apple wont even change it anymore for free.[/QUOTE]
I didn't know what kind of laptop you had, I just know mine's old, and I find 5.5-6.5lb being average for laptops nowadays. That's really not heavy. And Alienware was established in '96 (no idea if they did laptops from the start though), so it's not far off.:p

I know it's much more than that, but you were saying how it was better than iPods/MP3 players because it can do more. I was arguing that it's not valid because mp3 players are designed to do one specific thing and do it well.

[quote name='praystation']I got my 1 GB for $76 shipped. Without the accesories included the price is only about $180 (in Japan). You buy a DS plus M3 addon to play movie is 129+89 (either CF or SD model)+ SD card ($20-$130), which is way more than PSP.[/quote]
You're thinking of the Play-Yan, which is very expensive, but the GBAMP is only $25-30. Even with the play-yan, it brings the price of the system to less than the MSRP for PSP and cards are half as much ($65 for a gig). You did score a great deal though.

Also, I think you should've been more persistent w/Apple about your problem. I've heard very few complaints about their customer service. And what's proprietary about the iPod? You can use more than iTunes to fill it up, you can play MP3's, though their AAC format is better.

[quote name='CapAmerica']Even if you own them it still Illegal to have ROMS.

Dude if a Laptop is heavey for you, you need to work out alot more. Laptops are feaken light. My 17" Powerbook only weighs 6lbs. and my friends 12" Powerbook only weighs 4lbs.

You can watch Koda Kumi's danceing on you iPod soon with iPod Video coming out soon. Also Nyko has a addon that lets you want movies coming out soon too.
Also you all seem to forget that the iPod can be used as a nice external HDD. And why do people keep bitching about it propritory format, Dudes it can play more then ACC files. You just can't use it with crappy servies like Napster and Real.

And praystation I find it very unlikely that you even own a iPod and if you do your lieing about the problem. First off the only way for a iPod battiery to die like that is if you drain it compleatly over 500 times. IF thats the case you are pretty damn stupid. Also Apple will keep fixing their products if the problem keeps happening, This is one reason why they are #1 is coustomer servies. So if thats the case you are Dumb.[/QUOTE]

Oh really? DO you always carry just the laptop? I always carry my laptop in its bag, always with an extra battery pack, and all the stuffs usually in it, including the usb fan, video out cable, which both dont weigh a whole lot. But with the whole thing. It is heavy. WIth a backpack, and laptop bag , I had to switch shoulder a lot. like every 20 minutes. It's not "feather like" heavy like what you guys are describing. Maybe you guys own that tiny vaio?

Yes, I do own an ipod. Infact I have too many mp3 players. Istarted mine with rio 64MB. That was really old. then moves to jmtek 128 MB (I have 2), then RiO fuse (128MB), then Ngage, then RiO Sport (256Mb + expandable), then to IPOD 30GB. then PSP.

Itunes? You can buy Mp3 from SONY too, if u have the 2.0 firmware. or download the mp3 unto your mstick with gmail.

500 charge? DO you know that the battery starts to decline in its "maximum capacity" when you reach around half of the 500 charges? All my li-ion powered nstuffs are like that. The new Ngage when using BLC 6C li-ion can play Ngage games for 10 hours. Now it's like only 4 hours after 10 months of using. 500 charges? I do not think so. My cousin's GBA SP? Same thing. By 500 charges You will lose most if not all of the maximum capacity already.

I heard about websites that mod your Ipod making it taking AAA batteries instead of the expensive battery replacement. Maybe I am going to do that. Or maybe not. I ddnno yet. And if you have never dealt with Apple about changing the battery STFU, many people like me had already expericenced that.

Anyway read this article.
http://www.wired.com/news/business/0,1367,67726,00.html

14 months? good for them. Mine didnt last that long. I duuno why. But it did. Now it has to sit in its BOSE docking at home all the time to play mp3. APple also dont keep changing the battery. Now I think YOU are the one who doesnt have an Ipod. Everybody knows that. Apple only allows you to take back the ipod and had the battery changed IF your Ipod is still under its warranty. Read the article. I never got the $50 coupon, andn the 2 years extension warranty is gone without me knowing it.

[quote name='irrossistable']I didn't know what kind of laptop you had, I just know mine's old, and I find 5.5-6.5lb being average for laptops nowadays. That's really not heavy. And Alienware was established in '96 (no idea if they did laptops from the start though), so it's not far off.:p

I know it's much more than that, but you were saying how it was better than iPods/MP3 players because it can do more. I was arguing that it's not valid because mp3 players are designed to do one specific thing and do it well.

You're thinking of the Play-Yan, which is very expensive, but the GBAMP is only $25-30. Even with the play-yan, it brings the price of the system to less than the MSRP for PSP and cards are half as much ($65 for a gig). You did score a great deal though.

Also, I think you should've been more persistent w/Apple about your problem. I've heard very few complaints about their customer service. And what's proprietary about the iPod? You can use more than iTunes to fill it up, you can play MP3's, though their AAC format is better.[/QUOTE]

No I am talking about m3. Dint I say M3 a cpuple of times? Don't know about M3?
Here, enlighten yourself:
http://www.m3adapter.com/products.htm

Anywa. for those ppl who tell me that I can "do all that crap" on laptop. Why dont you listen to youyr MP3 on laptops too? LOL

anyway my 51m always feel more than 9.6 lbs as stated by alienware. It's more like 12 lbs. Your powerbook is only 6lbs? Well. Good for you. I believe 51m is made with PC components that make it haevy.

anywa, this topic has gone from 1 topic to a new one. Let us stop this ok? And dont claim you have an Ipod if you dont. In fact, dont claim you have anything that you dont. because when you make silly comments like [quote name='CapAmerica']...Also Apple will keep fixing their products if the problem keeps happening, This is one reason why they are #1 is coustomer servies. [/QUOTE] It kinda reveals that you dont know shit about it.

Man, 4 worthless posts. Woohoo!

Did you ever consider that ultimate portability isn't the ultimate issue here, and that some people would rather pay a little more to have a couple portable things than have one that does everything poorly?

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I saw a bunch of PSP games at E3, and played only a few of them. I took a look at what IGN had listed for coming out until the end of the year as counted this: 51 PSP releases coming until the end of the year and 52 releases for the DS. There are quite a few UMD releases, but that is simply because creating a UMD movie takes less time than it does to develop a game.[/QUOTE]

I am excited for MediEvil Resurrection, GTA: Liberty City Stories, Armored Core: Formula Front, Star Wars Battlefront II, SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Fireteam Bravo, Mortal Kombat: Deception Unchained (I didnt even know this was coming out), Infected. GT4: Mobile, Monster Hunter Portable, Battlefield 2: Modern Combat, Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII, Tales of Eternia, Untold Legends 2, Burnout Legends, Daxter,The House of the Dead 4 (Didnt know this was coming out for PSP), and Tokobot (whenever that comes out), and Devil May Cry, so its going to be pretty good for the PSP gamewise.

There are a bunch of games I have no clue about (Advent Shadow and The Con) but I'm pretty happy with the coming PSP games.

[quote name='gizmogc']When Sony starts releasing games that make the PSP more then a dust collector maybe I will consider getting rid of my ILLEGAL roms. Until then I will continue to play games made by Nintendo, Sega, Atari and so fourth.[/QUOTE]

I"m in the same boat, except I don't even play the ROMs anymore since I bought Advance Wars: DS.

[quote name='iheartmetal']portability is nice and all, but you see, if i want to play an nes game, genesis, snes or any other system, i play it on my tv... at home... with its corrosponding system. i mean, i dont need to play ffvi that bad, if im going to be dropping hundreds of dollars on a psp i want to play psp games

on a side note.... recently i tried to justify buying a psp... i thought of ways i could fund it, save up, trade ins, ebay, etc... then i thought to myself, im crazy, there arent any games for it that i would personally want, not even on the horizon... so ill stick with the ol ds, which i quite enjoy. and when i play my ds i play ds games (or gba because of the better backlight)[/QUOTE]

Well its funny you mention that.....because it seems to me PSP games are nothing but PS2 ports so i dont see whats wrong with wanting to play gen snes nes etc on it.

Hmm.. This is always a neat read for a while. And then the fan boys trash it. There have been a couple of tremendous posts in this thread. Particularly Praystations. What a great comparison.

I own both the DS and PSP. But my reason for owning was a little different. I bought the DS so I could play GBA games. (Sold my GBA, turned around the cash and credit to get the DS.) I enjoy the DS, when I play it. My kids love it a lot. They love to be able to use the stylus. I actually even bought a DS for my cousin. Am I disappointed with the DS? Nope. It was only $150, and in my opinion was an upgrade over the GBA.

The PSP - I almost did not buy it. But I am glad I did. I figured the PSP was not going to be a game machine. It was marketed as a multi-media device. (remember the commercial of the music, movie and game, all on the psp?) And I have thoroughly enjoyed putting the other uses of the PSP to use. I would never buy an IPOD, or a UMD playable device, or even a pocket PC. But the PSP gives me a portion of all of those worlds. And games to boot.

Now, I don't own a large library of games for either system (3 for DS, 5 or 6 for PSP) so I can not comment on any of that. But I will make a couple of other observations.

DS

1. DS - The stylus gets in the way of a good game. Some games are working so hard to include the stylus, that they are forgetting to make a good game.
2. DS - An absolutely HUGE advantage that it can play GBA games. That is great.
3. DS - They should implement a web browser. The stylus is set up better for that. (Don't know if the hardware is.)

PSP
1. I believe Sony has a couple of other BIG upgrades to their firmware. Until they finally show everything in their hand, they will not be pushing out a ton of new titles.
2. Load times are not a big deal guys. A little bit of patience is not a bad thing.

Overall
1. Competition is GOOD for the marketplace. So kudos to Sony for trying to enter it. Hopefully Sony and Nintendo will continue the fight for years to come.
2. Guys - Get out and play games with your friends. (ie - Invite your friends over to your house and play.) There is A LOT more enjoyment to be found playing with people than by yourself.

Take Care,
Matthew

Really the sony exec is right, the DS is irrelevant so is the PSP for that matter. Neither are say the Guttenburg Press, or Wheel, or refrigeration.

Taco Bell can say "McDonalds isn't competition because they're going after different markets" as much as they like, but that doesn't make it true.

[quote name='simpsonps121']1. DS - The stylus gets in the way of a good game. Some games are working so hard to include the stylus, that they are forgetting to make a good game.
[/QUOTE]

I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that you aren't playing DS-exclusive games.

Games produced across the board (NFSU:2, Madden, etc.) are never good when they try to include the stylus.

[quote name='sixersballernum3']What's wrong is that:

A, it's illegal.

And B, you can just play the games on your console.[/QUOTE]

It wasnt an issue of whether its illegal or not. He said theres no point in playing them because you can just play the games on your console....

Lets look at games rated 8 or better on IGN.com for a moment...

NBA Street
MLB
Twisted Metal
Ridge Racer
Wipeout
Lumines
THUG 2 Remix
Hot Shots Golf

...Aside from Lumines, which of those cant i play on a PS2?

dont forget
MVP baseball
Dead to Rights
Untold Legends(aka Champs of Norrath clone)
Midnight Club 3

I think you should get the point. While Lumines and like Mercury arent going to be found on your console, most all PSP games are nothing but ports to play on the go. If I wanted to play NBA Street, i could play it at home with up to 4 people or online against other people right?

I can play most PSP games on a console, but they are made portable for a reason. Besides the Nintendo DS(due to stylus) you could argue that no game is worth playing on the go because you can play it at home....but portablility is about playing games ON THE GO, which is fun even for games you could play at home.

So...I recently bought a laptop. 12.5 inch Dell Inspiron 700m. I'm in Sony's target audiene of 18-30 something males, and my income easily accomodates such a purchase. (under 1K)

I was going to buy a PSP, but after I bought this laptop, everything that made the PSP attractive suddenly seemed pointless. This laptop has an 80GB hard drive, can surf the net, can play emulators, can play movies, can store music, can play PC games (not the most graphic intensive, but some) and the screen is much much bigger.

I own a DS and enjoy the various games via touchpad because playing the games on a PC does not offer the same experiene of view, touch, and interact via stylus. Unless the PSP has some kickass games that can't be replicated on my PS2, then I'm just flat out not interested.

Now then...how many other guys in the target market feel the way I do? I've already got my all in one portable media device here...where's the game machine part of the PSP?

bread's done
Back