The end of the OTT has been rescheduled!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I already own 4 of the 5 games that PSN is giving out free and I'm not interested in the other. I feel like I'm being punished for buying stuff now.

[quote name='Eviltude']I already own 4 of the 5 games that PSN is giving out free and I'm not interested in the other. I feel like I'm being punished for buying stuff now.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I own or have owned all 5.

I sold Infamous after I platinumed it and I sold LBP after I did all the single player stuff and got tired of playing community levels. The other 3 I picked up on sales... so the best I can do out of this right now is to take WipEoutHD for the fury add on and LBP for the DLC if it's GOTY edition. I suppose I could consider SSHD if it had all the expansions as well...

The review scores for L.A. Noire are very good, but the reviews themselves make the game seem like a tedious piece of shit.

The game's groundbreaking mechanic of analyzing facial cues in interrogations is completely irrelevant. You can fuck up an interview all you want but the end result will always be the same. Beyond that, the rest of game is composed of mediocre shooting/driving/action bits.

So I'm beginning to wonder if I need to play this on day 1.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1663927/tree-of-life-cannes-film-festival-reviews.jhtml

I love reaffirming how stupid MTV is.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Exactly. I own or have owned all 5.

I sold Infamous after I platinumed it and I sold LBP after I did all the single player stuff and got tired of playing community levels. The other 3 I picked up on sales... so the best I can do out of this right now is to take WipEoutHD for the fury add on and LBP for the DLC if it's GOTY edition. I suppose I could consider SSHD if it had all the expansions as well...[/QUOTE]

I have wipeout and while I enjoyed previous series, I don't really like this one. SSHD will be downloaded anyways, but I really don't care for it. I sent them an email basically saying I've been in PSUnderground forever and was in the PS Rewards Beta, not to mention the amount of money I spent on their games. Just throw a 20 - 40 $ PSN card at everyone and call it qiuts. I highly doubt it will happen, but ya know.

I took an ambien because i need to wake up for class at 9 in the morning. Each level of text is sort of bow'd up and 3D'ish in areas. The water bottle also appears to be plotting against the speaker....or are they both plotting against me! This reminds me of the Futurama episode when Lela almost dies and she drinks spoonfuls of space honey. What did the three spoonfulls do again? Ah fuck it.

You know it's serious when I am eating breakfast items at an hour that can actually be considered breakfast. Forensic Entomology here I come...

High 70's and scattered thunderstorms for me. It should be outrageously humid, as is the standard for my area in the summer. Love the temps, hate the feeling like someone else is sweating on you.

Hoping for Brink $40 in tomorrows all games Gold Box, but it might just be wishful thinking.

I just noticed my school charged me a $3.00 late penalty for not paying summer tuition by the deadline, however all of my tuition is covered by financial aid which they have awarded me, but not applied. Even worse, they took $10 out of my loan as a "rebate". Draining every last cent they can out of me, even though I have to pay it all back in the end.

[quote name='Number83']Morning, OTT.

Rain...as far as the eye can see...[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I'm not looking forward to working in it. Watch Sunday - Tuesday be perfectly dry and then rain like hell Wednesday through Saturday again.

[quote name='munch']So what's the deal with getting these free games from psn? Can we get them now?[/QUOTE]

you have 30 days once the store is back up, which it isn't yet.

[quote name='Eviltude']I have wipeout and while I enjoyed previous series, I don't really like this one. SSHD will be downloaded anyways, but I really don't care for it. I sent them an email basically saying I've been in PSUnderground forever and was in the PS Rewards Beta, not to mention the amount of money I spent on their games. Just throw a 20 - 40 $ PSN card at everyone and call it qiuts. I highly doubt it will happen, but ya know.[/QUOTE]

See, I'd have been happy with a $15-$20 credit. That could cover most purchases, or even a couple in the store.
I think I still have the number of the rep in corporate who handled my last major complaint -- maybe I'll try to give her a call once the store is up to see if she can do anything.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']

See, I'd have been happy with a $15-$20 credit. That could cover most purchases, or even a couple in the store.
I think I still have the number of the rep in corporate who handled my last major complaint -- maybe I'll try to give her a call once the store is up to see if she can do anything.[/QUOTE]
Yeah I would of rather a $20 credit. I mean not complaining that I am getting free games, it's just that I had little interest in the free games to begin with they are giving us.

Looks like rain all fucking week here for PA. Hopefully my power/internet don't go off.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Yeah I would of rather a $20 credit. I mean not complaining that I am getting free games, it's just that I had little interest in the free games to begin with they are giving us.

Looks like rain all fucking week here for PA. Hopefully my power/internet don't go off.[/QUOTE]

I can understand that... but in cases like Eviltude and my own, we get one and no free games respectively -- and to us (as I think Eviltude said) it feels like we're being punished for being invested customers who actually spent money on a variety of Sony's products prior to the outage.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I can understand that... but in cases like Eviltude and my own, we get one and no free games respectively -- and to us (as I think Eviltude said) it feels like we're being punished for being invested customers who actually spent money on a variety of Sony's products prior to the outage.[/QUOTE]

Oh in your cases you should defiantly be compensated for something. I would contact Sony on that one. I noticed that many people actually own these games, and it is unfair. Hell I think sony should give the people who already own all these game something extra as well for being loyal PSN customers.

[quote name='manthing']Wait, what's the free PSN shit?

Is it worthwhile?[/QUOTE]

Depends on what you like or if you own it.

For 30 days after the store is up, you will be able to select 2 games from the following list:

Super Stardust HD*
InFamous
LittleBigPlanet
WipEout HD + Fury expansion
Dead Nation

*EU accounts have the choice of Ratchet:Quest for Booty instead of SSHD.

[quote name='munch']So what's the deal with getting these free games from psn? Can we get them now?[/QUOTE]

It says "after we've fully restored the service". If this is May 31st or not, who knows. The PSN store still wasn't up last time I checked.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Depends on what you like or if you own it.

For 30 days after the store is up, you will be able to select 2 games from the following list:

Super Stardust HD*
InFamous
LittleBigPlanet
WipEout HD + Fury expansion
Dead Nation

*EU accounts have the choice of Ratchet:Quest for Booty instead of SSHD.[/QUOTE]

Figures EU would get something I actually want, and don't own.

Looking like I'll get Dead Nation and either SSHD or Wipeout. Do I actually have to own a PSP,now, to get the PSP games? Wouldn't mind cashing in on those, in the event I eventually get a PSP or NGP.

[quote name='craven_fiend']Figures EU would get something I actually want, and don't own.

Looking like I'll get Dead Nation and either SSHD or Wipeout. Do I actually have to own a PSP,now, to get the PSP games? Wouldn't mind cashing in on those, in the event I eventually get a PSP or NGP.[/QUOTE]
From what I take it, you have to have a PSP linked with your PSN account so yeah you will have to have owned a PSP.

[quote name='flowery']Hmmm that is tempting to do.[/QUOTE]

If you like video games, i don't see why you wouldn't (other than not having money). I have a 250gb hard drive that I made somewhere around here that I'll hook you up with extra cheap, too.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I can understand that... but in cases like Eviltude and my own, we get one and no free games respectively -- and to us (as I think Eviltude said) it feels like we're being punished for being invested customers who actually spent money on a variety of Sony's products prior to the outage.[/QUOTE]

I emailed customer service last night, but by no means am I expecting anything. It sort of cheeses me off really, but there isn't much I can do except complain. What makes it worse is 90% of the people that are going to get the free stuff are the little 12 year old pricks that spent the 20 some days w/o PSN posting "OMG SONY SUXXX!!! I'm threw mine in the trash! Dads picking up my 360 on his way home from McD's w/my cheezburger!" and now they get to choose free shit. I also wish there was a way to cut down on people from making fake accounts just to get them all, but I don't see that happening either since it took them nearly a month to get shit up and running again.

In contrast to the PS3 stuff, I am looking forward to getting LBP on PSP and either Killzone or ModnationRacers.

Yeah you don't get free PSP games if you don't actually currently own a PSP. (Why would you?)

I think I'll pick up Infamous and Wipeout.
What is super stardust anyway?

[quote name='Eviltude'] What makes it worse is 90% of the people that are going to get the free stuff are the little 12 year old pricks that spent the 20 some days w/o PSN posting "OMG SONY SUXXX!!! [/QUOTE]
I 100% agree there. I mean sure we probably all had something that we wish we could of done with the downtime (like transfer games to PSP's), but still. I don't hate Sony over it, everyone fucks up sometime. Actually come to think about it, those 12 year old pricks, probably never bought anything off the PSN, or like maybe $10 worth. I do feel bad for all the people who actually spent money on good stuff off the PSN who can't take this part of this deal.

[quote name='munch']If you like video games, i don't see why you wouldn't (other than not having money). I have a 250gb hard drive that I made somewhere around here that I'll hook you up with extra cheap, too.[/QUOTE]

I may be stupid not to do it but I decided to hold off. I don't have the room or time right now.

I was wondering why the fuck people were buying this arcade game.
IMG_0439.jpg

It's LA Noire

[quote name='Eviltude']Just upgraded to Firefox 4 and it feels a little slower to me :/. Maybe it's just me.[/QUOTE]

I switchd over to Chrome since Firefox is a memory hog. Chrome runs like a champ.

[quote name='MusicNoteLess']I switchd over to Chrome since Firefox is a memory hog. Chrome runs like a champ.[/QUOTE]
I'm about to make that jump myself. Firefox used to be amazing and now everything seems to break.

I've got a pretty beefy PC too.

It's a little weird when one of my alternate personas develops a life of its own.

Also, I agree with the people who think the free game options for the PSN downtime are somewhat half-assed. The people who were most affected by it seem to be getting the least compensated. Seems like that's always the case, though.

[quote name='prmononoke']It's a little weird when one of my alternate personas develops a life of its own.

Also, I agree with the people who think the free game options for the PSN downtime are somewhat half-assed. The people who were most affected by it seem to be getting the least compensated. Seems like that's always the case, though.[/QUOTE]

It's a solid list, but when you consider the age of some games and the fact that they've all had sales and whatnot the probability that a number of "core" consumers would receive no compensation seems like a no brainer... how do you miss that? But for people who don't own at least 4 of the games, it's really not a bad package -- better than the "gift" of undertow back when XBL was having stability/connection issues during Christmas of '07. However, as you stated, those most affected are probably own 2-3 of the titles already if not more... it's here where a simply thought out option like "pick 2 of these 5 or take a $20 credit" would have been much better.

TMK probably owns all 5 games and thinks it's okay that he's not getting anything after spending hundreds and hundreds of dollars in their online store then having his identiy leaked. (He probably doesn't mind because he was always buying PSN cards instead of putting a CC on file.) :lol:

XBL was down for like 2-3 days. A $10 arcade game was understandable, and Undertow was somewhat new. PSN was down for like 3 weeks and people's personal information could have been compromised. The games being offered are old bargain bin titles that people most likely have already played/own.

[quote name='Trakan']XBL was down for like 2-3 days. A $10 arcade game was understandable, and Undertow was somewhat new. PSN was down for like 3 weeks and people's personal information could have been compromised. The games being offered are old bargain bin titles that people most likely have already played/own.[/QUOTE]

They may be older, but at least they are retail titles not "Pick from Flow, Flower and Tetris". I understand where you are coming from, but I have the feeling your opinion comes out of hatred for Sony/PS3 more than anything.

I think the options Sony gave are great--granted that I really haven't played any of them.

Frosty would bitch about the selection no matter what :cool:

Morning, OTT.

I have all the games on that list I am interested in, so no free games for me. To download, just for the sake of downloading? Meh, I'll pass.

Hey, if I don't have a PS3 but my brother does, can he download those games on my account and they'll be there when I get another PS3?

Well, Damn...

http://money.cnn.com/2011/05/18/news/economy/gas_tax_drivers/index.htm?hpt=T2

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- Washington lawmakers are kicking around a new idea to help raise funds to fix our highways and infrastructure: a national driving tax charging motorists by the mile.
A driving tax could either replace the current 18.4 cent a gallon federal gas tax or, possibly, add to it.

If they do this, they better consider adding a bike lane to the turnpike, because I'll be riding my bicycle 35 miles to work each day.

That would suck. Guess I better learn how to ride a bike then. I already only drive to and from work mostly. I guess times like this makes me happy I don't have a social life. :razz:

Oh hey JStryke - I heard they're opening a new Walmart near where you're moving.

Unrelated: I want to be at home playing L.A. Noire (and/or EA MMA)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back