The "France Gall" OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Rocko']I can see that as being totally possible. I don't want to pay any more than $25 for it, though, since I'll likely just resell it in a month.[/QUOTE]The charts are pretty fun and Fuel :)puke:) is a really good example of how fun they are. Metallica stinks like mega dog shit (minus RTL/AJFA/MoP), but I love the game. :cool:

I think my most favorite song ever in the GH/RB games has been Bark at the Moon. So dang fun. :]

Holy shit! The Red Wings just played the best 5 minutes of either team all game and ended it with a goal. It was full strength and it looked like the Red Wings were on a power play. Awesome hockey.

[quote name='Eviltude']You would look so hilarious getting into a Mustang :lol:.
Don't get that as your first car, although I guess there isn't much traffic where you are so it wouldn't be the same as learning to drive where I am. Get something used but nice and upgrade to something sweet when you need a new car so you will know what you really like.[/QUOTE]

Ahahahaha. There is nooooooo way I could afford a 2010 Mustang GT as my first car. I just have a friend who is a car salesman, so we were messing around with all the cars at his dealership.

[quote name='darthbudge']Ahahahaha. There is nooooooo way I could afford a 2010 Mustang GT as my first car. I just have a friend who is a car salesman, so we were messing around with all the cars at his dealership.[/QUOTE]

That's always fun. I have some killer car stories from working as a valet. Those were some pretty crazy times @_@.

[quote name='Rocko']Yeah, I also hate Metallica, but the best charts are often the worst songs.[/QUOTE]

This from the guy who humps the leg of Journey? :roll:

And if that shit were true, I'd be playing Fall Out Boy all the fuckin' time, man.

[quote name='tiredfornow']Tell us some stories, Stonerdude. (Did you really sign up vendettadolce.com as Stonerdude? :lol)[/QUOTE]

Stories
Well there was the time I was riding shotgun while another valet was driving an H2 down to park it (we were slow, I'd never been in one, so I tagged along for the 1 minute it takes to park a car). The only problem is that to park a car, you have to go down this ramp which has a low clearance, the height of which changes slightly because you have to veer to the right. It looked sketchy from the start, so I opened the door and looked out as he crept along but at the end it scrapped along the top of the car. No one ever mentioned it to me again.

I took a Jaguar that had dealer tags on it to a liquor store in the ghetto and bought some liquor for myself for the first and only time with a G'd out guy that worked with me.

I drove a BMW 110mph in a 35mph zone while a coworker rolled a blunt while riding shotgun.

And yes, I did, but I haven't been back since. :lol:

[quote name='Eviltude']Stories
I drove a BMW 110mph in a 35mph zone while a coworker rolled a blunt while riding shotgun.
[/QUOTE]

Nice. :cool:

[quote name='tiredfornow']Going to see Drag Me To Hell at 9:55.. alone. :whistle2:|[/QUOTE]

As soon as I heard that movie was being done by Sam Rami and the trailer mentioned Evil Dead , my curiosity has been peaked. I'm usually not one for horror movies , but if it's anything like the evil dead trilogy I think I'll like it. Not sure if I'd want to go to the theater to see it though.

The Fall Out Boy song in Rock Band is really fun. So are both of those Coheed and Cambria songs.

EDIT: I think I'm hyped for it due to word of mouth, StarKnight. If the trailer were more artsy and different than some shitty horror film trailer I wouldn't be going alone. :whistle2:|

[quote name='StarKnightX']As soon as I heard that movie was being done by Sam Rami and the trailer mentioned Evil Dead , my curiosity has been peaked. I'm usually not one for horror movies , but if it's anything like the evil dead trilogy I think I'll like it. Not sure if I'd want to go to the theater to see it though.[/QUOTE]

Evil Dead trilogy was more of a satire on horror, I'd say. I'm not sure Sam Raimi has EVER done anything that was true horror, unless you count Spiderman 3... but that was unintentional. I'm not saying anything either way about whether Drag Me To Hell is good or not, just that you shouldn't expect it to be anything like Evil Dead.

lol random chinese people adding me on skype

wutm.jpg

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Evil Dead trilogy was more of a satire on horror, I'd say. I'm not sure Sam Raimi has EVER done anything that was true horror, unless you count Spiderman 3... but that was unintentional. I'm not saying anything either way about whether Drag Me To Hell is good or not, just that you shouldn't expect it to be anything like Evil Dead.[/QUOTE]

The first E.D. movie lacked the comedic edge of E.D.2 (which rehashes the E.D. plot in the first 1/4 of the film so the two get confused a lot).

I haven't seen DMtH, but my middle brother gave it a big thumbs-up FWIW.
Even Entertainment Weekly liked it (don't ask why I read it, it involves the porcelain throne).

[quote name='tiredfornow']

EDIT: I think I'm hyped for it due to word of mouth, StarKnight. If the trailer were more artsy and different than some shitty horror film trailer I wouldn't be going alone. :whistle2:|[/QUOTE]
I've never seen Evil Dead and I'm not the biggest horror fan but that crazy high rating on Rotten Tomatoes really got me interested in it.

It's easily summed up as the greatest concentration of stupid actions and decisions in my history, but it was a fun 6 months and I ended up with about $1,500 dollars in savings, too. All things considered, I think it was a good experience, especially since I didn't go to jail.
--------
Easily the best period of hockey I have ever watched.

[quote name='dcfox']I've never seen Evil Dead and I'm not the biggest horror fan but that crazy high rating on Rotten Tomatoes really got me interested in it.[/QUOTE]
It's possible to see the second and skip the first without missing anything.
Evil Dead 2 is hilarious, never has body mutilation made for so many laughs.

Oh, and just for the record, Bioshocked gave me the biggest WTF moment I had this week when I was trying to figure out the friend request on Twitter.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']The first E.D. movie lacked the comedic edge of E.D.2 (which rehashes the E.D. plot in the first 1/4 of the film so the two get confused a lot).

I haven't seen DMtH, but my middle brother gave it a big thumbs-up FWIW.
Even Entertainment Weekly liked it (don't ask why I read it, it involves the porcelain throne).[/QUOTE]

I believe I've seen it -- and I didn't think it was very scary/frightening/horrifying.

[quote name='PlumeNoir']But, all my opinions are suspect.
As in, my "Simpsons is nowhere near as good as Futurama" belief.
[/QUOTE]:whistle2:|[quote name='corrosivefrost']Depends. Top of its game Simpsons is on par with Top of its game Futurama. BUt mostly only when Conan was writing for the former.[/QUOTE]He wrote like 2 episodes. :whistle2:|[quote name='zewone']I don't even remember it, but I'm sure it was good because I hate Billy Crystal with a passion.[/QUOTE]Oh, man. It was great. The only part that I really remember out of it was that someone was saying how much he liked this one movie with Billy Crystal in it over another legitimately good movie and you had a meltdown and were like "#$*[misc. rage]%#$ Billy "____ing $$$$$$" Crystal?!?! I'm getting mad just saying his name."

The best part was that you were actually furious.[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']This season of the Simpsons was suprisingly great. Abnormally so. it was liek as eason from 15 years ago.

The episode where Bart gets a girlfriend and Lisa gets hopped up on drugs is a new classic.[/QUOTE]Sometimes I think that you have to be a joke account.[quote name='munch']Saying "x film is overrated" is overrated.[/QUOTE]Yep[quote name='darthbudge']Cars was EASILY the worst Pixar movie. I actually walked away in the middle of it.[/QUOTE]:lol: @ "walked away" instead of "walked out."[quote name='tiredfornow']While shitty opinions are running loose, I'll throw one out there and say that Guitar Hero: Metallica is the best Guitar Hero game yet. :D
--
Going to see Drag Me To Hell at 9:55.. alone. :whistle2:|[/QUOTE]That's not that bold.

Why are you doing this to my Internet Best Friend Forever, thekeybladewarrior?

[quote name='corrosivefrost']This from the guy who humps the leg of Journey? :roll:

And if that shit were true, I'd be playing Fall Out Boy all the fuckin' time, man.[/QUOTE]Umm, a huge portion of Rock Band players say they secretly love to play those $$$$$$ Fall Out Boy songs because of the charts. :whistle2:|

[quote name='tiredfornow']EDIT: I think I'm hyped for it due to word of mouth, StarKnight. If the trailer were more artsy and different than some shitty horror film trailer I wouldn't be going alone. :whistle2:|[/QUOTE]

I can believe that. Like everyone else , the first time I saw the trailer I thought that it looked terrible , but once raimi and evil dead were mentioned I started second guessing that.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Evil Dead trilogy was more of a satire on horror, I'd say. I'm not sure Sam Raimi has EVER done anything that was true horror, unless you count Spiderman 3... but that was unintentional. I'm not saying anything either way about whether Drag Me To Hell is good or not, just that you shouldn't expect it to be anything like Evil Dead.[/QUOTE]

True. When I hear people mention that Evil Dead 2 is a horror movie , or a scary movie , I sometimes wonder if I saw the same movie they did.

As far as DmtH and ED being similar , in the movie thread about it , Xevious compares it to being Evil Dead lite , and I wondered in what way?

[quote name='h3llbring3r']It's possible to see the second and skip the first without missing anything.
Evil Dead 2 is hilarious, never has body mutilation made for so many laughs.[/QUOTE]

This , I've never seen the first one since I've heard the 1st and 2nd are so similar , and that the second one is better. The third one is alright too , but it dumps almost all the horror elements and goes for more of a straight action comedy style.

The band list for GH5 disappointed me because, yet again, there was no Death. I'm starting to think I'll never get to play a Death song in a Guitar Hero/Rock Band game. :/

[quote name='lordwow']I don't get all the hate Frosty. Any Way You Want It has one of the coolest guitar solos in the entire game.[/QUOTE]

Nah, not hate -- just trying to balance out the unhealthy love of journey you, rocko, and mangowango have brought to the OTT. ;)

--

Mojamesbeaux:

When I say writing, I was more or less referring to his general involvement with the show, which was for about 2-3 seasons worth of episode as writer and/or producer. I believe he was generally involved with season 3 and 4, which is when the show really started taking off, IMO.

billy "___ing $$$$$$" crystal :)
---
Metal songs are fucking ridiculous in RB/GH, DarthPuma. I can't imagine what a fast Death song would be like.. though GH5 does have Darkest Hour. :lol:

[quote name='StarKnightX']This , I've never seen the first one myself since I've heard the 1st and 2nd are so similar , and that the second one is better. The third one is alright too , but it dumps almost all the horror elements and goes for more of a straight action comedy style.[/QUOTE]

I love Army of Darkness so friggin' much.

[quote name='DarthPuma']The band list for GH5 disappointed me because, yet again, there was no Death. I'm starting to think I'll never get to play a Death song in a Guitar Hero/Rock Band game. :/[/QUOTE]

Who?

Did _art_b_bble get a name change from cheapyD? :whistle2:k

Death was one of the most well known metal bands in the 80s/90s, corrosivefrost. Nothing eff_bee about 'em.

eff_bee'in it is when you talk about a band that was started 20 minutes ago 500 miles underground.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']How good would you say you are? I could be persuaded to play a match or two.[/QUOTE]

I don't want to sound like I'm tooting my own horn or anything, but I'm pretty good.

cloudhead > zaran123... that is all.

Gears 2 DLC change:

We finally know why 'All Fronts' started vanishing from online retailers. In speaking with IGN, Epic's Rod Fergusson said that the feedback from fans on the original 1600
microsoftpointslogosmall.gif
($20) price for 'Dark Corners' and the retail release of 'All Fronts' wasn't, well ... favorable. So, Epic decided to mix things up.

Dark Corners will now be offered at a much cheaper price of 1200
($15). As for 'All Fronts,' it's ditching its planned retail release for an exclusive Xbox Live Marketplace stay, where fans will be able to download the content for 1600
($20) at 12:00am GMT on July 28.

[quote name='thekeybladewars']I don't want to sound like I'm tooting my own horn or anything, but I'm pretty good.

cloudhead > zaran123... that is all.[/QUOTE]

Fair enough. If you want to play sometime, just let me know. I'll get my ass whupped proudly.

[quote name='Chika']just had a slice of that chocolate raspberry cake with whisky ganache that i made earlier :drool:[/QUOTE]

God damn you Chika, I'm getting hungry reading about all this deliciousness.

[quote name='Chika']just had a slice of that chocolate raspberry cake with whisky ganache that i made earlier :drool:[/QUOTE]
This cake that you speak of, I find oddly arousing.
Whisky ganache especially, makes me misty for the southern comfort-Chantilly cream sauce that used to come on a dessert at one of my old haunts. :nostalgic:

Guess I won't be making it to the movie after all. Still have two loads of clothes to wash and need to go buy some white shirts. Tomorrow after work. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back