The FYE Coupon Thread

fairyland

CAGiversary!
Please check the last page in this thread to see the newest coupon. As of May 2010, It's been about 3 months without a 40% coupon, so I had changed the title to something more appropriate than 40% off as it seem unlikely we'd ever get those coupons again.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ghozt']
ctrek3 - fye is currently offering a free month trial for the backstage pass. on top of that you get a $20 giftcard. you can just cancel it before the month ends.[/QUOTE]

Is this instore or online?

Last edited by a moderator:
Beware, at some FYEs they will not let you use these on Blu-Rays. Technically according to the merchandising department employees are told not to accept these coupons on Blu-Rays. Most people are cool about it though and let you use them. At the CD World in Totowa, NJ for example they will not let you use these, a sad fact as this FYE always has the best selection of used Blu-rays.

Beware that the "Backstage Pass VIP" is different from regular Backstage Pass. Yes, they offer you a free month, but charge you something outrageous like $25/mo after that.

its 9.99 (NOT 25) a month after that , i just got the free month trial yesterday it says it about a thousand times in the packet they give you

[quote name='ghozt']just used the coupon and picked up taken on blu for about $12. awesome coupon. thanks cranguy.

ctrek3 - fye is currently offering a free month trial for the backstage pass. on top of that you get a $20 giftcard. you can just cancel it before the month ends.[/QUOTE]

nice! thanks ghozt

I would like to state that this is the greatest coupon ever. So far Ive gotten:
Matrix ultimate blu-ray color toon - $35
Spiderman blu-ray trilogy - $20
Resident evil blu-ray trilogy - $18
Close Encounters Blu-ray - $11

Thanks to Cranguy for posting these coupons. I have been a backstage pass member for some time now but I never get sent these coupons for some reason. The two FYE stores in my area are fantastic about taking these coupons on blu-rays and I'm never disappointed. Although they limited my use to once per day, I found some deals to be too hard to resist. Kudos Cranguy and please keep em coming!

Amen! These coupons made me a believer! I recently signed up for the FYE Backstage pass so bring on the coupons! Thanks OP!

new coupon

bspcoupon06082009.jpg

[quote name='lectersvictim']i just got a backstage pass card on june 2nd, where do you get these coupons??[/QUOTE]

You should be getting them via e-mail.

I have had a backstage pass for a few years and have never gotten a coupon via email. I get the "weekly sale" email from FYE, but no coupons.

if your store has the backstage pass VIP booklets (contains member cards) grab a hold of a few cause they have $5 off 35 coupons and 40% off any one used cd or dvd as well. It does not say must have backstage pass vip (or backstage pass) but has backstage pass VIP logo. You could try and get away with it.

[quote name='johnmirra']its 9.99 (NOT 25) a month after that , i just got the free month trial yesterday it says it about a thousand times in the packet they give you[/QUOTE]
Still way too much, considering you can get a basic Backstage for $25/year.

I just got my free $20 gift card for the Backstage VIP trial.
I no longer pay for backstage pass VIP (the CC I used to register with it was replaced so I never technically cancelled). And my card still works (for the time being!)

I was told by the guy at FYE that the card would work for the entire year even if I cancel. I would not be able to use the VIP website but I would still save 10%.

[quote name='Arakias']I just got my free $20 gift card for the Backstage VIP trial.
I no longer pay for backstage pass VIP (the CC I used to register with it was replaced so I never technically cancelled). And my card still works (for the time being!)[/QUOTE]

How long did it take after you sent in the postcard? It's been a couple weeks so far.

we need that 50% off coupon soon! how often do we get that or any idea when the next 50% off will show up again?

[quote name='bob330i']How long did it take after you sent in the postcard? It's been a couple weeks so far.[/QUOTE]

I signed up for FYE card at the end of April, prob mailed the thing about a week later and got the card earlier this week. So around 4-5 weeks.

[quote name='Arakias']I signed up for FYE card at the end of April, prob mailed the thing about a week later and got the card earlier this week. So around 4-5 weeks.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. So I guess after the trial period is over then.

Sorry for the bump but the trade in bonus bag is back! If you have the special bag, you will get another 20% TIV on top of the regular credit TIVs. The cool store manager at the San Jose store told me it's not officially promoted yet but they were given the go ahead to do the bump. They do run out of bags so you should get it sooner rather than later. From his recollection, the offer is good for about a month, through ~7/17.

Just a few notes:

- The SJ store didn't have their bags out yet. I got mine from the Redwood City store today.

- Check TIVs at www.wherehouse.com. Those will be the cash values. I've only seen a few exceptions when the wherehouse.com value is different from in store. Choosing credit at the store will give you an additional 25% and the bag will add 20% more of the store credit total. All in all, you should get a full 50% more TIV in store credit.

- The bag bonus is a manual input thing. The cashier will need to code in another 20% credit. Make sure you get your bonus before you leave the store.

- The bonus applies to the store credit only. If you choose cash, there is no bonus.

An example:

Stoked 360 www.wherehouse.com "cash" value = $16
25% store credit bump = $4
credit total = $20
20% bag bonus = $4

total store credit = $24:bouncy:

This is how my receipt read from today. Don't believe me, check it out. Been doing this for the last couple summers and this is how it's calculated. Enjoy!

Anyone have problems using the $3.00 coupon with a DVD on sale? I got denied today since a sale price is "other offer." I used the coupon the last time it came up but the time before I got the "other offer" response, I hit another FYE and got the same DVD and there wasn't a problem.

[quote name='vicktor']Anyone have problems using the $3.00 coupon with a DVD on sale? I got denied today since a sale price is "other offer." I used the coupon the last time it came up but the time before I got the "other offer" response, I hit another FYE and got the same DVD and there wasn't a problem.[/QUOTE]

I bought a CD yesterday that was on sale for $11.99 and I used the $3 coupon no problem, stacked with my 10% Backstage Pass discount, it made quite a deal.

Anybody have a list of good flips from Gamestop to FYE using the bag promo? I have a ton of credit at GS, but I'd like to get some over to FYE to buy movies and such with....
Also, does the backstage pass give 10% extra on tradins as well or is it only a discount card?

[quote name='DaDeuce']Anybody have a list of good flips from Gamestop to FYE using the bag promo? I have a ton of credit at GS, but I'd like to get some over to FYE to buy movies and such with....
Also, does the backstage pass give 10% extra on tradins as well or is it only a discount card?[/QUOTE]

Berzerker is normally good with that research. I haven't looked yet but I'm in the same boat.

BSP used to give an extra 10% TIV, but not anymore as of early last year IIRC.

[quote name='bob330i']Berzerker is normally good with that research. I haven't looked yet but I'm in the same boat.
[/QUOTE]

Yea, I tried to find my old thread, but I guess since the last brown bag deal I remember was either late 07 or Early 08, its long gone. I have one of the new brown bags so I will be making a new thread in the VG Forums. I havent found too many flips other than a few things from Sears and some dvd's from Rightstuf.com.

[quote name='hiamiyumi']My local Suncoast is s$%^. They don't let me use coupon for Bluray anymore. That's why I hate girl cashier.
Ok, save me money[/QUOTE]

edit the jpg coupon file and just remove cd & dvd.

bspcoupon06152009.jpg

nothing wrong with that.

i dont think your suppose to edit coupons and post them on here. think members have been banned for that before

Used the coupon at (2) different FYEs this afternoon. Saved me some good $$$ on TV box sets.

Thanx Cranguy!

I've been to about 6 or 7 different FYEs and none of them have told me that it doesn't work on blu-ray. One guy tried and I said "well it worked at other stores" and he said "oh ok" and just typed it in. That's with both the 50% off and the 40% off. Some of them got tired of seeing me multiple times in a day and just let me use more than one at a time.

To OP and Cranguy, thanks for the coupons. Because of you guys, my bluray collection exist. Thanks again guys!

im no expert but i dont think it would matter if it was B&W i mean even the color ones are obviously printed from a computer at least the ones i use so just tell them you ran out of color ink if they ask which i doubt as long as they can read it

I used them in black and white successfully. I do have to convert the image to greyscale so all the print does show up though.

I've used B&W (greyscale) at multiple locations with no problem (all on blu-ray discs)

Combined this with some flips from the 20% bonus and got about $500 worth of blu's for a little over $200 (flipped $10 TRU games for $20 in credit and then used the 40% coupon with the 10% off)

[quote name='merlin803']Has anyone used a black and white copy successfully (I have a b&w laser...)?[/QUOTE]

It doesnt matter. Its a printable coupon from FYE's main website.

I just figured out that you can change the date on the coupon to see the upcoming coupons. Note valid dates for each one. I get a broken image for July 13 and beyond.

bspcoupon06222009.jpg

bspcoupon06292009.jpg

bspcoupon07062009.jpg

bread's done
Back