The FYE Coupon Thread

fairyland

CAGiversary!
Please check the last page in this thread to see the newest coupon. As of May 2010, It's been about 3 months without a 40% coupon, so I had changed the title to something more appropriate than 40% off as it seem unlikely we'd ever get those coupons again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is this week's coupon.
bspcoupon06222009.jpg

Next week will be 33% off used CD/DVD, and the week after that will be $3 off any purchase.

[quote name='cranguy']Next week will be 33% off used CD/DVD, and the week after that will be $3 off any purchase.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up! I'll be using next week's coupon for sure!

Quick question about the coupons for anyone that knows- can they be used multiple times? It says one per Backstage Pass, per visit. So I'm assuming I can leave and come back and use it again?

[quote name='kewlrabbit']Quick question about the coupons for anyone that knows- can they be used multiple times? It says one per Backstage Pass, per visit. So I'm assuming I can leave and come back and use it again?[/QUOTE]

It is best advised you come back the day after. If you do it the same day-you might get questioned by the store manager as it will reflect with your backstage pass transaction (for inof- the BSP is a record keeping/tracking information about the consumer's purchases in TWEC store which even a simple asociate can look trough)

I've had some cashiers use 4 at a time for me so I can combine it with the B3G1 free used promo. I've had others tell me they can only use one at a time per visit. It's YMMV depending on the cashier. I had one tell me that "FYE will keep track of your purchases and if you use too many they will not send you any more coupons." (Which doesn't necessarily matter as they never sent me one to begin with)

Any new coupons yet for this week? I signed up recently but have yet to receive any email coupons from them.

i still havnt got my rebate from May, its been ready for final processing for a while. At least I did get my $20 gift card.

Thanks Cranguy! I was waiting for you or Hiamiyumi to respond. Any idea when they will do another 40% or 33% off? As always, everything is much appreciated!

I can confirm the 9.99 sale in Chicagoland area. Woodfield Mall has them.

I picked up Blow for 5.99 after Backstage Pass and Coupon. Not bad for a brand new bluray. i'm going back later on to get The Mask and 2001 Space Odyssey.

So I had to email them about a rebate nearly 2 months old and then I finally get an email saying its been printed on 7/7 so I should be expecting it.
Bastards were hoping I would forget about it I imagine.

[quote name='Arakias']So I had to email them about a rebate nearly 2 months old and then I finally get an email saying its been printed on 7/7 so I should be expecting it.
Bastards were hoping I would forget about it I imagine.[/QUOTE]

i think it just takes them a long time to process. i have gotten every rebate i sent.

Yea, rebates used to be a lot better when they had the Pre-submit program. There were some really good rebates up to $30 on $12 cd's. Shame that program ended.

I got a rebate on that WWE tin box set sale last week. I thought I would have to clip the tin to send the UCP, but as another poster had stated, you only needed to send in the FYE sticker with the UCP on it. I wish I remember how long ago it was that I sent it in, but it arrived in a normal amount of time for a rebate. I think 6 to 8 weeks. I can see how they would get lost though. It's a tiny postcard check, almost looking like junk mail. I thought it was junk mail at first.

Just picked up Terminator 2 Judgement Day BLU RAY for $5.99

Was on sale for $9.99, used $3 coupon and 10% off with backstage pass.

I got the backstage pass vip, if I cancel it withiin the 30 days, I know I still get the $20 gift card, but do I lose use of these coupons. I would think so but wasn't sure if the card is good for a year from sign up or not?

I think you lose the coupons. In the fine print of their coupons, it says "must be a Backstage Pass member and present both card and coupon to receive discount."

Is there a NON VIP Backstage pass that isn't 9.99 a month? I thought I read there's a $25 yearly one. Don't want to blow through my credit too quickly.

Regular Backstage Pass is $25 for the whole year. VIP Backstage Pass is free the first month, then $9.99 each month (cancel anytime). Both Backstage Passes will let you use the coupons plus 10% off on all purchases.

Yes and no. When you sign up for the free-trial VIP Backstage Pass, you will get a small brochure packet with the membership cards and coupons in it (40% off one item & $5 off $35). The only thing is, it takes about two days for them to activate your new membership card, so you won't be able to use the coupons right away. Hope this helps!

So I work at FYE and here's the deal. The coupons in the VIP registration booklet are only valid as long as your VIP is valid. You can use them during your free month and then cancel. The VIP is valid immediately for in-store discounts and you could use one of the coupons on your next transaction. The part that takes 2 or 3 days to register is the online portion of the VIP which includes discounts to other retailers. There is also a regular Backstage Pass which is a $25 flat fee for the entire year. VIP is $9.99 a month after the first 30 days but this cost can easily be covered if you eat pizza, wear glasses, drive a car, or rent movies... Any Questions?

Oh, you also get a $20 gift card in the mail for trying out the VIP. It takes about a month to get whether you cancel your membership or not. I've done this so it's really a no lose situation!

Grahamabama- Do u know if the free-trial VIP is only one per household ? I already signed up about six weeks ago, cancelled it within 30 days and got the $25 yearly Backstage Pass. Can my wife sign up so she can get the free $20 gift card in the mail?

[quote name='SakBee']Thanks Cranguy! I was waiting for you or Hiamiyumi to respond. Any idea when they will do another 40% or 33% off? As always, everything is much appreciated![/QUOTE]
Not sure. Until now you could edit the URL of the coupons to see next week's coupon, but there's nothing yet posted for 07132009.

By the way, FYE's twitter is telling people to give the code "FYEG30" to the cashier in stores to receive 30% off a used DVD or CD. I'd rather have a printed coupon, but if anyone wants to try it, go for it.

http://twitter.com/fyeguy

Do FYE online prices usually refelct store prices?
Using brown bag promo, built up a load of credit with one thing in mind....the soon to be released Battlestar Galactica Complete Series.
It's showing up on the website
$279.99 list
$174.99 'our price'
$15 rebate
$17.49 member discount
$142.49 member price after rebate.

Blu Ray would only be 'only' $45 more at $187.49, but would rather have DVD's so I could rewatch them at work.

Having big debate over 'want' vs. 'need' on this one.

[quote name='cranguy']Not sure. Until now you could edit the URL of the coupons to see next week's coupon, but there's nothing yet posted for 07132009.

By the way, FYE's twitter is telling people to give the code "FYEG30" to the cashier in stores to receive 30% off a used DVD or CD. I'd rather have a printed coupon, but if anyone wants to try it, go for it.

http://twitter.com/fyeguy[/QUOTE]

I just see tons of issues with handing a piece of paper over with a code written down. But if you're in a mall that has wifi im sure u can just pull up the twitter account to prove you're not lying.

Traded in one each of Animaniacs vol 2 and Pinky & Brain vol 2. $9 base, got $11.25 each cash. Clerk gave extra 25% for bag, instead of 20%.
Used $3 off coupon on a Dolphin Webkinz!

SakBee - As long as it's a different credit card I'm pretty sure your wife can try the VIP too. The worst that can happen is you sign up for it and they don't validate the account and cancel your membership. As for those who asked about the twitter coupon code, I haven't heard about this and if someone handed me a code written on a piece of paper I would think that they were crazy. I'll look into it... Also website pricing can vary because they have totally different operating costs. I know it seems like the price should be the same but it's almost as if it's a different store. I would just call and ask what the in-store price will be, they should have that info usually up to a month prior to release.

I want a backstage pass now :) I didn't realize the coupons for backstage-only were so regular.

I've traded in 3 times in the past 2 weeks in 2 different states, each time I've gotten the brown bag bonus when they were giving me cash. I'd say the Brown Bag Bonus definitely works with the cash option. (Some have said it only works with credit in the past).

FYE is extremely well known for having shitty compliance when it comes to promotions. Also, it seems like they're trained to be scratch nazi's when it comes to checking items. I had 3 things that were rejected yesterday. Two had hairline scratches (that you couldnt feel) and were about as long as half of a fingernail. The other item was rejected because it had DUST on it.

In surprising news, I was able to just bring in my ipod touch and show them the twitter page and they let me use the coupon. I was buying an item that was $39.99 regularly, on sale for $14.99. When they input the 20% off "regularly priced dvds" coupon before scanning the item, it rang up as $34.XX after tax (20% off the regular price). When they scanned the dvd, and then input the coupon code, it took the 20% off the sale price ($12.XX after tax).

So, if you plan on buying sale items with the 20% off coupon, just make sure to have them scan the item, and then mention the coupon.

Also, in case you guys might not have a printer or any ink at the time. FYE has gotten in their free magazines with the 40% off used cd/dvd coupon inside.

I signed up for the VIP last week and just started getting the emails with coupons. woohoo. Does anyone use the VIP for anything other than FYE? I'll have to look into it but not sure if it's worth tryiing.

[quote name='Bezerker']Also, in case you guys might not have a printer or any ink at the time. FYE has gotten in their free magazines with the 40% off used cd/dvd coupon inside.[/QUOTE]
I've looked several times but I have never seen these mythical magazines.

[quote name='cranguy']I've looked several times but I have never seen these mythical magazines.[/QUOTE]

I cant remember the name off the top of my head, but its a magazine printed on newspaper'ish paper. All the stores here have them in bins by the register or by the doors. This week's cover has Sonic Youth on it. I know its not much help, i'm not sure the next time im gonna be hitting up an FYE but ill try to take a pic of what it looks like.

*edit*

I just asked FYEguy on twitter if we are just supposed to write the codes down and give them to a cashier and he replied:

"Yes, or you can say it to the cashier. We notify the stores previous to the codes coming out"

As previously posted, the 20% off new cd/dvds $12.99+ is FYEG20 and works on sale items as long as they input the code after they scan the item.

Used the 40 percent off email coupon at sunoast this morning to get Battlestar Galactica season 1 for $17!!
They have a season 3 also I'll have to go back for later.
Saw a whole stack of stuff just traded in from big lots . Even crap like superfriends, joey, and knots landing that must have been a loss to whoever traded them.

used the new coupon and grabbed friday the 13th blu for $14. not that great, but i didn't want to leave empty handed. i also have more credit than i know what to do with. swung by my big lots hoping for a restock, but no such luck.

Are the used prices on fye.com more or less the same as the prices in store? I haven't been in an F.Y.E. for a long time but this coupon is too good to pass up.

Their prices vary, i think. I went to two different FYE Stores and on one bluray, they have different prices (one was 14.99 and the other for 19.99), although now that I think about it, the other store could've just forgotten to put a new tag price over the new one.

In other good news, I just bought Lost Season 1 & 2 for bluray for $23.75 each out the door w/ the coupon and backstage vip. FYE has been very good to me. :)

Digging the Star Wars pick up. Nice.

I forgot to check for this week's coupon. I have about a 100 in credit, and this week's coupon is fantastic. :( I'll check for those magical coupons, since I have no printer at home and I don't work until Monday.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Digging the Star Wars pick up. Nice.

I forgot to check for this week's coupon. I have about a 100 in credit, and this week's coupon is fantastic. :( I'll check for those magical coupons, since I have no printer at home and I don't work until Monday.[/QUOTE]

I'm hitting 3 FYE's today so im going to take a pic of the magazine & the stand they put them in.

It's not as great, but u can still get 30% off one used dvd/cd just by giving the employee the code "FYEG30".

*EDIT*

38.jpg

And the reason why most ppl have been unable to find it, Reax is a Florida based music magazine, so most likely stores outside Florida wont have it (though you may have something like it).

bread's done
Back