The Half Price Books Thread

BudzMcGee

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
As a big fan of Half Price Books I thought a thread discussing the various discounts, promotions and of course our finds was more than well deserved.

All deals posted in the OP and in this thread are YMMV by nature. Some things have universal prices (or damn near) but still.

Always remember to check our local store's page on the HPB.com website to see if it has any additional specials (such as comic Wednesdays)!

Current Promotions:

Upcoming Promotions:

Miscellaneous contest and other deals:

Educator's Discount: If you are an educator you can apply for the Educators Discount Card to save 10% every day at HPB. http://www.hpb.com/community/educators/

Notable Deals (Items that seem to be more universal):
This is not to add every single descent deal found at HPB, but to post ones that seem to be more universal (i.e. items marked with SuperBuy rather than clearance or is reported in multiple places).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='PapaSmerf']7 days is the policy (for most stores).[/QUOTE]

Not for any of the stores in my area.

3 days for the one right by me, 2 days for the next closest, and the one in the city does holds for only 1 day.

Guess I just have bad luck with my stores, lol.

I was encouraged to take advantage of a 7 day hold as well for a few items today but the store I went to today is 25 minutes away and I won't make it back. Still, VERY glad I went today. I got:

Castlevania Double Pack (GBA): 9.00 (14.99 but with 40% off)
Silent Hill 2: Restless Dreams (Xbox): 4.99
Dreamcast Keyboard in box and plastic/bubble wrap: 9.99

Clearance:
X-Men Legends 2 (Xbox): 2.00
Sydney 2000 (Dreamcast): 2.00
Railroad Tycoon 2 (Dreamcast): 3.00 (in a Record of Lodoss War case... okay with me, I had Record of Lodoss War but no case for it).
Monaco Grand Prix (Dreamcast): 2.00

I did rather well. Passed on a few other good things as I didn't want to spend too much... passed on a Genesis/32x combo for 24.99 with no cords or controllers. Tempted, especially since I just found some cheap 32x games at a thrift, but by the time I added the cords for the 32x I would pay the same I'd pay anyday on eBay. Plus its untested. Also an Atari 7800 with no cords/controllers for 14.99 (same thing, by the time I add all the cords and stuff I could just get it online). They also had a 14.99 Vagrant Story which is fine but meh. I planned on going for something old school, a SNES game maybe, but the only interesting older title they had today was Super Castlevania IV and it was marked 50.00. Even with 40% off that is still only an average price... happy with what I got.

I went yesterday only thing worth picking up around 4pm was ost planet collectors edition. Missing plastic sleeve but beautiful condition otherwise, had both discs manual artbook and sealed map dlc.

Wanted to pick up a ds as a gift for someone was marked at 40 and sp's at 35 but all werent there when I got there. The two 150$ 360s were also both gone, not a bad price.

Went in today and picked up Infinite Undiscovery and Baten Kraitos Origins on Gamecube. I really wanted Super Mario Galaxy 2 since it would have been $15 but someone already grabbed it. I didn't realize you could hold stuff so I'll be doing that next time.

[quote name='jer7583']My store had someone sell them a Neo Geo CD and the majority of its library on disc last week. I put a few titles on hold - but the neo geo cd already sold. it was $300 and not that great of a system, but with emulation, the cd games are more playable.

I'm not joking, they have a case of over 40 Neo Geo CD games in pristine condition at my local store. I'm thinking of getting The Last Blade 2 just because I love that game. It'd be like $10 after coupon.[/QUOTE]

Last Blade 2 is practically unplayable on Neo Geo CD due to load times. It's literally push start...wait...select a character...wait...intro...wait...pre fight pose...wait...round one...wait...etc. For a collectible, $10 is a steal, but if you plan on playing it, prepare to be disappointed. Maybe with an emulator it's better. $300 is damn steep for a Neo Geo CD system anyway.

In regards to holds:

I think 7 days is the standard policy, course they can always say no if they want (just saying). That said, I know all the of the ones near me will only hold for a day at max during coupon weeks (unless it was a "being shipped to the store" thing). Specifically to keep people from just having them hold on to it till Sunday.

As for returning and re-buying it with the better coupon... good luck. The reason they specifically say "can't be used on previous transactions" is to prevent just that, and it isn't like they are going to just turn around and put the item back on the shelf so you can go right back and buy it again. You would literally have to be THAT guy who returns it, and then asks for it right back to buy it for 10% more off. If I were the one behind the counter I'd just make up something about how they have to technically re-stock it before they can sell it or some shit. But then, I'm an asshole.

Didn't really find anything yesterday, the copy of Fall of Cybertron I thought was $20 was actually $30 (which is obvious now, but for some reason I had the wrong price in my head) and $18 is a bit more than I wanted to pay (though if it is still there Sunday I might cave on $15. Did have a random find today at the same store though, a copy of Omerta City of Gangsters for 360 was on the shelf. Game came out like a month ago today and sells for $49.99 on Amazon but was marked $24.99, so $16 out the door after tax.

Last edited by a moderator:
On Monday I picked up a silver PS2 slim in excellent condition for $35. Not really anything too exciting I know, but I never owned a PS2 so I figured it would be worth it to play some of those RPGs that look like they'll never make it to download on PSN. Picked up a 360 copy of Shadows of the Damned at another store for 6 bucks.

On a side note, there were two older ladies in the games section talking about how one of their grandsons wanted a PS3, but they would just get him a cheaper PS2 instead because "they're practically the same thing." Poor child.

Bing147- I keep going to the stores you to, but after work so everything decent is probably already gone! I should just PM you and ask what you saw, hah. I was thinking about that GC Fire Emblem, glad you got it though so I didn't have to. This reminds me I should post in the Chicago thread and introduce myself to fellow CAGs.

Quick question, some of you mentioned a clearance section, is this in a different place than the regular game section?

[quote name='Philip J. Fry']On Monday I picked up a silver PS2 slim in excellent condition for $35. Not really anything too exciting I know, but I never owned a PS2 so I figured it would be worth it to play some of those RPGs that look like they'll never make it to download on PSN. Picked up a 360 copy of Shadows of the Damned at another store for 6 bucks.

On a side note, there were two older ladies in the games section talking about how one of their grandsons wanted a PS3, but they would just get him a cheaper PS2 instead because "they're practically the same thing." Poor child.[/QUOTE]

Lucky child is more like it. I have literally 150 PS2 games. I have like 22 PS3 games. The PS2 is WAY better.

[quote name='Darmonde']Bing147- I keep going to the stores you to, but after work so everything decent is probably already gone! I should just PM you and ask what you saw, hah. I was thinking about that GC Fire Emblem, glad you got it though so I didn't have to. This reminds me I should post in the Chicago thread and introduce myself to fellow CAGs.

Quick question, some of you mentioned a clearance section, is this in a different place than the regular game section?[/QUOTE]

Definitely. I was there at 9:00 as I was afraid someone would grab that Fire Emblem. Didn't even think about a hold. I went back yesterday to the store in Palatine and literally couldn't find anything to buy with a 40% off coupon... all the good stuff was gone or way overpriced. That store is usually awful though... that Fire Emblem was an absurd price when they priced it, it just so happens the game has jumped in price recently.

The store in Bloomingdale is much better. A bit further of a haul for me (I'm in the Schaumburg/Rolling Meadows area) but still not that far and definitely worth it. I'm going to make a real effort to get over there more often.

They actually had 2 stupid overpriced Fire Emblems last I saw (during the 20% off week), so I guess someone else must have bit. That store is the worst.. Leaf Green and Luigi's Mansion prices.. I'm sure you know what I mean!

You're probably next door to me, I'm close to Woodfield mall also. I did the exact same thing as you on Monday. Stood at Palatine looking for anything to buy, and walked out with nothing. Yesterday evening I went to the Bloomingdale and at least got the hilariously bad SNES Jurassic Park for 3.50. I probably would have picked up Vagrant Story but I didn't see that.

Now that I know people can just put things on hold, I don't even think I'll go on Sunday.

[quote name='Darmonde']They actually had 2 stupid overpriced Fire Emblems last I saw (during the 20% off week), so I guess someone else must have bit. That store is the worst.. Leaf Green and Luigi's Mansion prices.. I'm sure you know what I mean!

You're probably next door to me, I'm close to Woodfield mall also. I did the exact same thing as you on Monday. Stood at Palatine looking for anything to buy, and walked out with nothing. Yesterday evening I went to the Bloomingdale and at least got the hilariously bad SNES Jurassic Park for 3.50. I probably would have picked up Vagrant Story but I didn't see that.

Now that I know people can just put things on hold, I don't even think I'll go on Sunday.[/QUOTE]

Yes they did, and the other one had the manual, but oh well. Someone else paid 70 for it which is way too much for me. The Bloomingdale store had some solid stuff. A 9.99 Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, a bunch of Turbografx games behind the counter not yet priced (mind you they weren't anything great, but some okay stuff), a variety really. I'm going to start hitting them more regularly.

I do know what you mean on Luigi's Mansion and Pokemon Leaf Green... absurd. Those Time Crisis bundles I briefly considered but I'm not a huge Time Crisis fan. Also thought about grabbing a Guncon 1 for 6.00 but just not that into light gun stuff...

I'm clearly very close, I'm off Algonquin.

[quote name='Captain Wrong']Last Blade 2 is practically unplayable on Neo Geo CD due to load times. It's literally push start...wait...select a character...wait...intro...wait...pre fight pose...wait...round one...wait...etc. For a collectible, $10 is a steal, but if you plan on playing it, prepare to be disappointed. Maybe with an emulator it's better. $300 is damn steep for a Neo Geo CD system anyway.[/QUOTE]

yeah I've kind of balked on it since monday. Glad I Didn't impulse buy. It seems like load times are improved a lot by ripping the discs to your hard drive. It's cheaper than the dreamcast version at least.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuFXOneP1-c

Kind of laughing about all the Woodfield/Schaumburg talk. Schaumburg is where my dad grew up and we'd drive down to Woodfield Mall when we were really, really bored as teenagers. Small world.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']Kind of laughing about all the Woodfield/Schaumburg talk. Schaumburg is where my dad grew up and we'd drive down to Woodfield Mall when we were really, really bored as teenagers. Small world.[/QUOTE]
Schaumburg must be like Eureka if you and your dad were both teenagers at the same time. Crazy paradoxes. :3

[quote name='jer7583']yeah I've kind of balked on it since monday. Glad I Didn't impulse buy. It seems like load times are improved a lot by ripping the discs to your hard drive. It's cheaper than the dreamcast version at least.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuFXOneP1-c[/QUOTE]

Low quality video, but if you want to see how it looks on the actual hardware, here it is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmv9e7JE4QE&sns=em

Shame as the game is one of the best for the system otherwise and the CD music is very good.

[quote name='MasaTFC'] Really these sales are the only way to shop there. Sometimes things are priced right, but most of the time it is really expensive. the trade in value is horrid. I refuse to take things in any more after my last trip. Gave me 8 dollars for a gang of items (guides, books, dvds and a couple games). Funny thing is I went yesterday to have them hold a few things and the one guide i traded was for sale...9.99[/QUOTE]

May I ask what items you sold?

As I've stated before I work at an HPB and can made shed some light on the situation. I was a customer for several years before working at one and it's a completely different world on the other side of the counter. My store gets roughly 2,000 items every single day. In the Spring and Summer that number can get bumped up to 4,000 easily. I've never seen a store with even two shelves devoted to game guides. So, we're talking 2 1/2 feet of shelf for all the game guides we're going to get in. The rest are clearance. One of your guides may be 9.99 now but it can become a dollar or 50 cents in a heartbeat. The very next day someone can come in with deluxe hardcovers that sell far better than what's on the shelf, so poof...clearance it is. If your guide isn't Zelda, Final Fantasy, an obscure RPG or brand spaking new then trust me, it has little to no value.

If your games were last gen. We can't pay much. PS2/GC and original Xbox games have an average sell through rate of 3 bucks or less (unless they're something special obviously).

I also don't understand why everyone is upset that Fire Emblem GC is 70 bucks. That seems to be the going rate. We are not a thrift store nor a yard sale. We are a business that tries to make money. I like how everyone assumes the original owner got screwed too. If the bookseller did their job correctly they got 25-28 bucks for it. I know that's not 70 but we're obviously a middle man.

$70.00 is the going rate for Fire Emblem now, it has gone through the roof since Awakening came out. They priced it at $70.00 in January when the game was going for $40.00. Not to mention the very name of the place has Half Price in the title. They are always saying every time I go in that they are all about pricing things well and giving people a deal. That simply isn't the case. In January $70.00 was an absurd price for the game. I would have passed at $40.00. I grabbed it now for $42.00 because the price has risen and I want it before it goes higher but that price is awful.

This is the same store that has three copies of Luigi's Mansion with $45.00 on them. That has Zelda Collector's Edition for $75.00 and Wind Waker for $50.00. Wild Arms is $25.00, Kirby Amazing Mirror is $25.00, each of the .hack games is $70.00 (and they sure don't have Quarantine).

There are Half Price Books stores that do a great job. The one in Bloomingdale, IL is great as is the one in Naperville, IL (though that's a bit of a haul, only stop there when I'm out at the mother in law's house). But some of them are awful and getting a lot of stuff isn't really an excuse to price it through the roof.

Yeah I know they are a business bit I ALWAYS see newer 360/ps3 games that are used being priced higher than msrp for a new copy at best buy or wal mart down the road.
Plus they are just plain awful about older stuff. I brought in some extra snes games from a Craigslist lot once. Not junk, donkey king and Mario games, mind you. They offered me a quarter each saying there was no demand for these old games.

That same store has priced those titles at $20+ in the past. That is not even close to reasonable to me.

It's just like a thrift shop to me. Hit or miss. Them being uneducated about the value of certain items works both ways. They overprice and under price. I got conkers bad fur day for Xbox for $10 last week complete, before the coupon was even going.

Yeah I don't think anyone here hates HPB. Sometimes it sucks and sometimes you get a good deal, no point in really defending it. Its a business. I gotta look for that clearance section next time I go though. I'll probably go Sunday, not expecting much but I can't resist the hunt. Try to leave something for me guys!

I find that that HPB just recently (like within the last year) started pricing stuff worse. Like before even old games at least in the stores around me were reasonably priced. Its in this last year that ive started seeing Super Smash Bros n64 for 50 or Windwaker for 60 or Zelda Master Quest for 50 etc; even if these games have gone up in value, those prices would have been drastically different a year ago.

[quote name='Bing147']$70.00 is the going rate for Fire Emblem now, it has gone through the roof since Awakening came out. They priced it at $70.00 in January when the game was going for $40.00. Not to mention the very name of the place has Half Price in the title. They are always saying every time I go in that they are all about pricing things well and giving people a deal. That simply isn't the case. In January $70.00 was an absurd price for the game. I would have passed at $40.00. I grabbed it now for $42.00 because the price has risen and I want it before it goes higher but that price is awful.

This is the same store that has three copies of Luigi's Mansion with $45.00 on them. That has Zelda Collector's Edition for $75.00 and Wind Waker for $50.00. Wild Arms is $25.00, Kirby Amazing Mirror is $25.00, each of the .hack games is $70.00 (and they sure don't have Quarantine).

There are Half Price Books stores that do a great job. The one in Bloomingdale, IL is great as is the one in Naperville, IL (though that's a bit of a haul, only stop there when I'm out at the mother in law's house). But some of them are awful and getting a lot of stuff isn't really an excuse to price it through the roof.[/QUOTE]

Ahhh...I didn't realize it went up in value since Awakening's release (currently playing that and enjoying it quite a bit).

Yeah, that's crazy high for Luigi's Mansion. I think my store has had Zelda Collector's Edition twice now and we sold it for either 40 or 50 (very quickly though).

I brought up us getting in a lot of stuff for the reason you may not be thrilled with an offer, not for pricing things high. As I've said before we are able to see what has sold in every store, so I'm sure there's a lot of copycat pricing going on.

Trust me, we want to sell things. I hate seeing things linger on the shelf. We have the product coming in at such a rapid rate, that I prefer things move at a fast clip.

[quote name='jer7583']Yeah I know they are a business bit I ALWAYS see newer 360/ps3 games that are used being priced higher than msrp for a new copy at best buy or wal mart down the road.
Plus they are just plain awful about older stuff. I brought in some extra snes games from a Craigslist lot once. Not junk, donkey king and Mario games, mind you. They offered me a quarter each saying there was no demand for these old games.

That same store has priced those titles at $20+ in the past. That is not even close to reasonable to me[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's a bummer man. They clearly did not know what they were talking about and I hope you declined the offer.

I will say this too, our pricing system is awful at updating new MSRPs. I warn my coworkers all the time that a $60 game one day could very well be $40 the next. It drives me nuts when I see games like Uncharted 2 black label out for 29.99 just because our computer doesn't realize a greatest hits version exists.

[quote name='okwordyoda']
Snip

I also don't understand why everyone is upset that Fire Emblem GC is 70 bucks. That seems to be the going rate. We are not a thrift store nor a yard sale. We are a business that tries to make money. I like how everyone assumes the original owner got screwed too. If the bookseller did their job correctly they got 25-28 bucks for it. I know that's not 70 but we're obviously a middle man.[/QUOTE]

The bold part is the issue I have with HPB, that statement implies there is a system in place. From what I have seen it is all based on the whim of the employee you have. A few of my favorite examples:

I had a few Gamecube games left from a lot I picked up and was curious how much they would give. Spider-Man, Spider-Man 2, Tony Hawk, something I don't remember and Mario Sunshine. I was offered $9 and I passed. A week later I see Mario Sunshine in the case for $50. I understand HPB needs to make a profit but if they are selling it for $50 I think they should give between $12.50 and $15.

Around Christmas I bought Metroid Prime Trilogy with all everything, mint disc, mint steelbook (not a ding or a chip!) and slightly scratched up slipcover. It was $29.99. On the PS3 shelf below was Metal Gear Solid 4 Greatest Hits and Resistance 1 Greatest Hits, both were only...$29.99?!

My little cousin likes having the guide for games and they had a Lego Stars Wars II guide priced $24.99. I asked if there was someone to talk to about a lower price. I asked was told "that's a bargain, anywhere on the internet the Complete Saga Guide is $80 plus shipping." I pointed out the complete saga guide is $60 but the two separate guides are $10 at most. "I don't know where you look on the internet but that's not what I see on eBay and Amazon." I offer to bring up either of them and pay the average price we see, he says $25 is the price and walks away.

Now for my favorite. Guy walks over and takes all the 360 games. At the counter he tells the other guy "Dave marked some 360 games less $20, now I have to go through and fix them all." This happened this summer. 360 games should not be under $20....in 2012?

Now to the part I don't understand. My girlfriend lived by a HPB so we'd stop in every other week...and I decided to have an experiment. Took in 10 books guy offers $1, I pass. Week later different employee: $5. Week later third employee: $5. Two weeks later girlfriend goes to the first guy: $1. We tried with a stack of DVDs: two employees say $8, the first guy says $2. We decided to make a game out of it (yep, we are weird) and tried various items and got the same results, the one guy was at least 60% less every time. Clearly there is two different pricing schemes in place...or the dude just didn't like either of us.

I don't want to completely hate on HPB. I have found great deals there, only two in video games (Metroid Prime Trilogy and a Dreamcast with 2 controllers and 2 VMUs for $9.99), but a few good DVD deals. Plus I have bought way too many books and comic books there. I go to the video game section first, that way I can get angry with all the ridiculous prices right off the bat. After that is out of the way I'll enjoy the rest of the store.

I agree that pricing is really the luck of the draw when you're selling things. One of the HPB's near me seems to give a higher amount. There's also a guy who is the manager I think and he always seems to give a lower amount.

Then again I never sell anything expecting to get much at all, so I'm happy. I never refuse an offer. Working at barnes & noble gave me an interesting perspective on HPB.

[quote name='arsenalcrazy8']I find that that HPB just recently (like within the last year) started pricing stuff worse. Like before even old games at least in the stores around me were reasonably priced. Its in this last year that ive started seeing Super Smash Bros n64 for 50 or Windwaker for 60 or Zelda Master Quest for 50 etc; even if these games have gone up in value, those prices would have been drastically different a year ago.[/QUOTE]

There is a small chain of stores where I live that buys/sells retro games and I think they BUY Super Smash Bros for lik3 $20-$30 so that price isn't as outrageous as it seems. I was talking to one of the employees there and joked with her that I had just bought Pokemon Stadium 2 for $12 at Half Price Books (coupon weekend a while ago) and she laughed and said I could sell it to her for $30 if I wanted (which would of been $5 more than what HPB was asking at full price). So yeah, the good N64 titles are really starting to gain value (I can't even imagine what my collection is worth), and yeah, pricing at HPB can go either way.

I could nab Fall of Cybertron for $15, Transformers Dark of the Moon 3DS for $5 or a Kinect for $20 tomorrow at my store. Sadly I'll be too drunk by 10 am to do any of the above.

Wow, lots of local CAGs in here! :)
I usually hit the Palatine/Bloomingdale HPBs myself (I'm in Lake Zurich).
I agree that the Palatine store isn't the greatest, but I have found some cool stuff there in the past: both Fatal Frames for XBOX, LE Zelda guides, The Official Nintendo Player's Guide, various retro games, and lots of guides.
I've found some amazing stuff at Bloomingdale though - namely a StarFox Super Weekend cart! :D

I'm probably going to swing by both stores tomorrow - I'm not expecting to find anything amazing game-wise, but I figure I can find a couple interesting guides or something.
(on a side note, I wish that Disc Replay in Bloomingdale hadn't relocated! :( )

[quote name='okwordyoda']May I ask what items you sold?

As I've stated before I work at an HPB and can made shed some light on the situation. I was a customer for several years before working at one and it's a completely different world on the other side of the counter. My store gets roughly 2,000 items every single day. In the Spring and Summer that number can get bumped up to 4,000 easily. I've never seen a store with even two shelves devoted to game guides. So, we're talking 2 1/2 feet of shelf for all the game guides we're going to get in. The rest are clearance. One of your guides may be 9.99 now but it can become a dollar or 50 cents in a heartbeat. The very next day someone can come in with deluxe hardcovers that sell far better than what's on the shelf, so poof...clearance it is. If your guide isn't Zelda, Final Fantasy, an obscure RPG or brand spaking new then trust me, it has little to no value.

If your games were last gen. We can't pay much. PS2/GC and original Xbox games have an average sell through rate of 3 bucks or less (unless they're something special obviously).

I also don't understand why everyone is upset that Fire Emblem GC is 70 bucks. That seems to be the going rate. We are not a thrift store nor a yard sale. We are a business that tries to make money. I like how everyone assumes the original owner got screwed too. If the bookseller did their job correctly they got 25-28 bucks for it. I know that's not 70 but we're obviously a middle man.[/QUOTE]

thanks for the reply. I can't remember all the games, but I know one was Buffy the Vampire Slayer for Xbox. One thing that caught me by surprise is the conversation between 2 employees who did my trade was how much it was going for on whatever site they were using, and from what they were saying it sounded like they just hit a jackpot. I sold an Alan Wake guide, COD BO guide, a hardbound WOW table top RPG game book (later marked 19.99), I think 2 360 games (not really popular ones so I get that) and a few random books along with the duplicates of the Bourne trilogy and a couple cds (again, niche shit so i understand it being worth more to me than them as a store). there were also a couple college text books included, not old ones but as with college i am sure there may be newer editions.

now again, i understand it being a business and also the sheer amount of stuff traded in seems to be extensive (everytime i go in, including today). but, not to beat a dead horse, it just seems a tad lopsided that I can bring a stack of somewhat current items and get less than a dollar each for the stack. sure, it makes sense for something that doesn't sell to go on clearance in 2 weeks or a month and like most places with lots of stock coming in all the time and limited space for said stock to puch things out like that. Hell, I got a CD today for $1 in the clearance bin that has been on the store shelf (according to the sticker) for 2 whole weeks. but things like the game guides, which I have been told in the past by employees are "higher trade in priced items" as well as the WOW book, those are things that I see sitting on shelves for longer periods of time or can (and seemingly are) sold in a quick turn around. I don't think I have ever been there and found a game guide on clearance.

but your insight as an employee is good to have read about. I am not sure thats a store I would like to work in (even though I love books) because of all the stock rotation and movement. it is nice to have a inside the box perspective to bounce off of though.

Hit up a few stores nearby and just ended up getting two things. Pokemon black/white 2 hardcover guide for $7, and Close Encounters of the Third Kind 30th bluray for $10.

Went all over the place today but scored pretty decently.

Star Ocean: The Second Story - $15
Elemental Gimmick Gear - $15
Halo Reach - $10
Nike+ Kinect Training (sealed) - $12.50

All mint complete. Also grabbed Jade Cocoon for $20 at the same store as Star Ocean.

Between the two stores near me I picked up Road Rash 3 Sega Genesis for $10. I agree the pricing structure is messed up, prime example is the between these two stores one had a wii console for $120 and the other $70. I dont usually shop @ HPB unless they have these sales. You really cant complain when you find a gem every now and then at a steal.

I got Aliens vs. Predator (2010 sealed) and Crysis Warhead for $1 each.
AvP is not too bad a game and Warhead has been the only Crysis game missing in me collection for a while. Can't complain for $2 :)

Bought a bunch of stuff I found on clearance ($1 each) including a FFXIII. Highlights (all after coupon) are Xenoblade Chronicles (CIB,NM) - $50, Haunting Ground (CIB) - $20, NCAA Football '09 (Wii, sealed) - $7.50, Borderlands and Xenogears guides - $6 and $7.50 and a PS2 slim for $10.

I considered getting an extra Wii for my bedroom (would've been $35 AC) but got a few games instead:
-PS2 - Ys: Ark of Napishtim - $12.50 AC
-PS2 - Samurai Western - $4.99
-GB - Bugs Bunny Crazy Castle (cart only) - $2.99

Here's my haul for today.

:ps3: Ninja Gaiden Sigma $5.00

My stores are so over priced that anything good that was left (not much) was not worth buying even after the 50%. The only reason I picked up Ninja Gaiden Sigma was because it was complete, mint, black label and I felt that I needed to buy something to justify the trip there. Even the recent pennied price guides were above Amazon's lowest prices after the 50%.

bread's done
Back