The Humble Deep Silver Bundle - Saints Row, Dead Island, Sacred, Risen, Metro 2033. Bonuses now available.

louiedog

CAGiversary!
Feedback
56 (100%)
$1+

• Saints Row: The Third (w/ OST)
  • Saints Row 2
  • Risen 2: Dark Waters (w/ OST)
  • Sacred 2 Gold (w/ OST)

Beat the Average

• Saints Row: The Third Full Package DLC (you'll need SR3 from the other tier key)
  • Dead Island GOTY
  • Metro 2033*
  • Risen*
  • Sacred Citadel*

$25+

• Dead Island Riptide: $25 (w/ OST)

*If you purchased the bundle prior to 11 AM Pacific Time on 8/6 these should have been added to your account regardless of the price you paid. These games are a separate key from the other two games in the tier.

https://www.humblebundle.com/

This bundle features a single key for each tier that unlocks all games within them. You will not be able to gift copies of games that you already own. These games are Windows and Steam only.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm confused about the "bonus" games that have been mentioned. Will those automatically be applied, or is the idea that we only get them if we wait for them?
HumbleBundle bonus games will be added at some point during the sale:

If you buy before they are announced, you will get them when they are released no matter how much you pay now (minimum $1)

If you wait until they are announced, you will have to beat the average (currently $4.48) to get them

Damn, was hoping it was multiple keys.  Ah well, still getting SR2, Sacred 2, Risen 2, (Sacred Citadel & Risen) for $1.  Hard to beat that.

hmm. So if i already have sacred 2 gold i dont get an extra key to give away or anything right? I basically just lose that game?

was gonna jump on this but i bought sacred 2 a while back when it was on sale

hmm. So if i already have sacred 2 gold i dont get an extra key to give away or anything right? I basically just lose that game?

was gonna jump on this but i bought sacred 2 a while back when it was on sale
You're still getting 3 games (eventually more) for $1 or 5 games plus the added games later for approx. $4.50. Still hard to beat.

You're still getting 3 games (eventually more) for $1 or 5 games plus the added games later for approx. $4.50. Still hard to beat.
ya but would be a lot nicer if i could give a sacred code to a friend or something. I guess i'll still bite and donate 5 bucks to childs play or something

BTA up 10 cents to $4.55, probably due to the $600 Linux gamer purchase, thinking it might drop down a bit more again but wish that I had bitten at $4.45 (yes, a dime is that important)

HA! you and me both. I also bought SR2 for $3.74 during the sale. I really need to learn to be patient
Well to be fair, that's just hindsight. It's not like anyone saw this coming and you jumped the gun. Roll of the dice when it comes to these bundles :D

I have SR3 and the season pass on 360 and have beaten Dead Island on it (co-op is where it's at), but my 360 is dead so I'm totally in for this. I even have the Sacred 2 expansion that was UK only on disc; now what do I do with that!?

Guessing Metro 2033 will be the bonus -- not much else in their catalog other than the first Risen and some obscure stuff.

I've had SR2 for Xbox for 4-1/2 years and never played it, so of course I went in for $4.50 for all the goodies. Can't see anyone actually paying $25 just to get Riptide.

Saints Row 2 is where my love for the series began. It was the cooky open-world freedom that I never knew I wanted until I played it. I'd say it's required playing for anyone who enjoyed Saints Row: The Third.

Only really wanted Risen 2 and Sacred 2 since I have the other games in one form or another, but I beat the average anyway. 

Definitely in for $1 - can't really beat that.  Already played SR2 and 3; SR2 is the best in the series IMO.  Definitely don't see many people wanting to throw in $25 just for Riptide.

Sort of surprised they're tossing in Sacred Citadel for $1 already.  Then again, it flopped pretty hard and they shamelessly had Day 1 DLC that included the 'final boss' (at least the boss you see in the prologue).

Amazing bundle. I was getting let down with their Weekly bundles as of late and was hoping for a HIB, but this is way better IMO.

I'm not really in touch with gaming company news, but why are they doing this bundle? The last time SR3 was in a HB was because THQ needed money badly. Maybe it's to help build up hype for SR4.

So I was on the phone while buying the Bundle and forgot to set my own price. I got charged $25 for a game I don't want. If anyone's interested in Dead Island Riptide but don't care about the others, I'm selling it for $15 OBO.

Figured why the hell not, although bummed I had SR3 from the THQ bundle and now twice again..and if Metro 2033 is added, that was also part of the THQ..but for $4.65, guess I can't complain..

Gave them $6. I don't know if I'll ever have a PC that can run these.

FYI, SR3 runs decently with lowish settings on my laptop with Intel HD 3000 graphics. Not as shiny as on my desktop, but perfectly playable.

BTA was at $4.45 when I jumped. Ridiculous deal! I'm seriously just at the point where I can't even try to fight it anymore. I'm pretty much a PC gamer moving forward. If EA would actually bring their sports games back to PC, I'd have basically no reason to want a next gen console. Yes, a $200 video card is expensive...about as expensive as 3 $60 Xbox One/PS4 games. But it's hard to compete with $1 games.

God fucking dammit. Just bought Sacred 2 and Sr3 recently

Yes, a $200 video card is expensive...about as expensive as 3 $60 Xbox One/PS4 games. But it's hard to compete with $1 games.
This. I've never understood the console gamer argument against PC's being so costly. It's outweighed by the cost of console games versus PC games.

This. I've never understood the console gamer argument against PC's being so costly. It's outweighed by the cost of console games versus PC games.
That's why I'm training my kids on pc gaming. Now I'm debating between a) create a unique steam account for both of them and b) create an account for each

In for 1 buck. 

Edit: Took out a bunch of stuff that apparently I'm wrong about, my bad for trying to be helpful. lol

That's why I'm training my kids on pc gaming. Now I'm debating between a) create a unique steam account for both of them and b) create an account for each
Two of my brother-in-laws share a Steam account which worked great for a while as they could share games, but now that the older one is going to college I can foresee some problems. In all honesty, if you have plenty of time before one leaves the house then share an account, and then just rebuy the games the second kid plays on the cheap down the road. Otherwise, better to just keep them separate now so you don't end up needing to buy second copies (and lose all the save data) down the road.

Two of my brother-in-laws share a Steam account which worked great for a while as they could share games, but now that the older one is going to college I can foresee some problems. In all honesty, if you have plenty of time before one leaves the house then share an account, and then just rebuy the games the second kid plays on the cheap down the road. Otherwise, better to just keep them separate now so you don't end up needing to buy second copies (and lose all the save data) down the road.
They are about to turn 9 and 7 respectively...

I own consoles too, but add to that the fact most people need a computer...period. So investing a little more in one capable of gaming isn't that much more expensive than a console.

In for 1 buck.

Here's some info on a couple of questions I see popping up...

You do not get 2 copies of SR3 for beating the average. You get SR3 for minimum, you get the DLC for beating the average.

If you already own any game on steam, you do not get a gift-able copy when you activate your key.

You only get ONE key to activate all the purchases, so you can't gift that way either.

If you spend 1 buck you get 1 key to activate the 4 games, if you spend 5 bucks you get 1 key to activate the 4 games and the DLC pack, if you spend 25 bucks you get 1 key to activate the 5 games and the DLC pack.

It's always just 1 key.

Hope that makes sense.
Uh... this is incorrect regarding the number of keys you get. You get 1 key per upgrade tier. So 1 key for the under the average games and an additional key for beating the average.

Well, I'm hoping Steam will add some kind of "family sharing" feature soon. It would go very well with their Big Picture mode, and would really give the "Steam Box" concept a legitimate foothold in the living room. Just the ability to create "sub-accounts" that all pull from the same library (as long as they're on the same computer, of course), and can have their own saves would go a long way.

I own consoles too, but add to that the fact most people need a computer...period. So investing a little more in one capable of gaming isn't that much more expensive than a console.
Some people would even argue "needing a PC" too. I swear, I read a story every day about how the "PC is dying"...and to be fair, I do know lots of people who either only have a tablet or a netbook now. But these people also aren't the type who would ever install a part on their PC that is any more elaborate than plugging in a USB cable, lol. So, maybe PCs are almost becoming more niche than they used to be...but I still think smart people will continue to buy PCs. And of course, people who still have to do actual work still use PCs.

Well, I'm hoping Steam will add some kind of "family sharing" feature soon. It would go very well with their Big Picture mode, and would really give the "Steam Box" concept a legitimate foothold in the living room. Just the ability to create "sub-accounts" that all pull from the same library (as long as they're on the same computer, of course), and can have their own saves would go a long way.

Some people would even argue "needing a PC" too. I swear, I read a story every day about how the "PC is dying"...and to be fair, I do know lots of people who either only have a tablet or a netbook now. But these people also aren't the type who would ever install a part on their PC that is any more elaborate than plugging in a USB cable, lol. So, maybe PCs are almost becoming more niche than they used to be...but I still think smart people will continue to buy PCs. And of course, people who still have to do actual work still use PCs.
Hell, this guy hacked together a Macbook Air with a PC video card. Sony offered up something similar that was more official and sleek. I don't think we're too far from the choice being between a couple of hundred bucks for a console or a couple of hundred bucks for an external video card that you connect to the tiny laptop that you carry around anyway.

hey guys, if i buy a bundle as a gift, will this gift bundle also receive the bonuses that are always unlocked in the second week?

Got this for the SR3 DLC and Dead Island. I really didn't need it though. Risen 2 and Sacred 2 both look like they got crap reviews. Anyone think they're worth playing? Prequels necessary to play first?

Got this for the SR3 DLC and Dead Island. I really didn't need it though. Risen 2 and Sacred 2 both look like they got crap reviews. Anyone think they're worth playing? Prequels necessary to play first?
Sacred 2 is a pretty fun hack-and-slash. You don't really need to play the first one. I haven't played Risen 2 but Risen 1 is supposed to be pretty good and that seems to be one of the bonuses in this bundle next week.

If you are not that anxious to play just-released AAA games, you could do what I do: I play games that are at least 2-3 years old on a PC with an NVidia 9800GT that I got for $50, plus all the great low-hardware-requirements indie games out there. Believe it or not, I'm just now getting around to playing AC1 (which isn't nearly as good a game as lots of people made it out to be, by the way...)

Went ahead and looked up all their Gamerankings scores. Here they are in order:

Saints Row: The Third
Volition Inc./THQ, 2011
86.44%

Metro 2033
4A Games/THQ, 2010
81.14%

Dead Island
Techland/Deep Silver, 2011
77.80%

Risen
Piranha Bytes/Deep Silver, 2009