The Humble Deep Silver Bundle - Saints Row, Dead Island, Sacred, Risen, Metro 2033. Bonuses now available.

louiedog

CAGiversary!
Feedback
56 (100%)
$1+

• Saints Row: The Third (w/ OST)
  • Saints Row 2
  • Risen 2: Dark Waters (w/ OST)
  • Sacred 2 Gold (w/ OST)

Beat the Average

• Saints Row: The Third Full Package DLC (you'll need SR3 from the other tier key)
  • Dead Island GOTY
  • Metro 2033*
  • Risen*
  • Sacred Citadel*

$25+

• Dead Island Riptide: $25 (w/ OST)

*If you purchased the bundle prior to 11 AM Pacific Time on 8/6 these should have been added to your account regardless of the price you paid. These games are a separate key from the other two games in the tier.

https://www.humblebundle.com/

This bundle features a single key for each tier that unlocks all games within them. You will not be able to gift copies of games that you already own. These games are Windows and Steam only.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I'm hoping Steam will add some kind of "family sharing" feature soon. It would go very well with their Big Picture mode, and would really give the "Steam Box" concept a legitimate foothold in the living room. Just the ability to create "sub-accounts" that all pull from the same library (as long as they're on the same computer, of course), and can have their own saves would go a long way.

Some people would even argue "needing a PC" too. I swear, I read a story every day about how the "PC is dying"...and to be fair, I do know lots of people who either only have a tablet or a netbook now. But these people also aren't the type who would ever install a part on their PC that is any more elaborate than plugging in a USB cable, lol. So, maybe PCs are almost becoming more niche than they used to be...but I still think smart people will continue to buy PCs. And of course, people who still have to do actual work still use PCs.
Yeah, PC use/purchases are definitely on the decline and in people without needing say word processing, etc. and only use computers very casually the need for a PC is not there. Taking into account software purchases, etc. I can see someone not seeing a PC worth it to them in some circumstances. Preferring a tablet or chromebook and a console or something, but the savings in PC gaming if they were to do that would pay off anything else and they'd be left with a powerful PC that could do other things. Most people don't think like that.

If you are not that anxious to play just-released AAA games, you could do what I do: I play games that are at least 2-3 years old on a PC with an NVidia 9800GT that I got for $50, plus all the great low-hardware-requirements indie games out there. Believe it or not, I'm just now getting around to playing AC1 (which isn't nearly as good a game as lots of people made it out to be, by the way...)
I tend to sort of do this. I don't invest too much in my PCs. I have a laptop I use for work, but I bought it with the AMD A-10 integrated graphics and let it run what games it can. For $400 bucks I've been able to play Defiance, ETS2, and older stuff just fine so I am happy.

Same with my desktop. I think that was 400-500 max and a lot more powerful, but still not much more than a console.

Got this for the SR3 DLC and Dead Island. I really didn't need it though. Risen 2 and Sacred 2 both look like they got crap reviews. Anyone think they're worth playing? Prequels necessary to play first?
The co-op in Sacred 2 is really fun, but the PC version doesn't have online multiplayer anymore. You'd have to get the console version to play online. There might be some mods out or something that lets you play multiplayer again, but I don't know.

How do I know I got the SR3 Full Package content? When I redeemed the Deep Silver B code, it only prompted me to install Dead Island, I didn't get any check boxes to install certain ones like with the first code or previous bundle codes..

How do I know I got the SR3 Full Package content? When I redeemed the Deep Silver B code, it only prompted me to install Dead Island, I didn't get any check boxes to install certain ones like with the first code or previous bundle codes..
Right click SR3 in your Steam games list and click View Downloadable Content. The whole list should be there of what you own for the game.

I played Saints Row 1,2,3 on 360/PS3. Unfortunately, I couldn't get into any of them for some reason. Thus I quit playing with just about couple hours into each one of them. Maybe I just don't like gangsta open world games. Never liked GTA 1-4 either. However, I really like Scarface when I played it back on the original Xbox and Sleeping Dogs. Weird isn't it?

Oh great another key for SR3 and now a second copy of 2. I've already got them for the ps3. Any ideas on what I can do with these keys? Most sites forbid trading them.

The co-op in Sacred 2 is really fun, but the PC version doesn't have online multiplayer anymore. You'd have to get the console version to play online. There might be some mods out or something that lets you play multiplayer again, but I don't know.
Supposedly you can play this coop with Tungle or Hamachi -shrug-

Oh great another key for SR3 and now a second copy of 2. I've already got them for the ps3. Any ideas on what I can do with these keys? Most sites forbid trading them.
You can always ebay them if you want few bux or just be nice and give them away to your friends or CAGs. PM me the keys if you want to unload. ;)

almost bought Risen 2 during the steam summer sale so I'm glad I held off, also been waiting to pick up Sacred 2 for awhile. I already have the rest of the games except for Riptide which is not worth $25 imo, overall a very good bundle.

The humble bundle key is one key for all of the below-the-average games. And another key for all the beat-the-average games, so you can't split them up.

Yeah, PC use/purchases are definitely on the decline and in people without needing say word processing, etc. and only use computers very casually the need for a PC is not there. Taking into account software purchases, etc. I can see someone not seeing a PC worth it to them in some circumstances. Preferring a tablet or chromebook and a console or something, but the savings in PC gaming if they were to do that would pay off anything else and they'd be left with a powerful PC that could do other things. Most people don't think like that.

I tend to sort of do this. I don't invest too much in my PCs. I have a laptop I use for work, but I bought it with the AMD A-10 integrated graphics and let it run what games it can. For $400 bucks I've been able to play Defiance, ETS2, and older stuff just fine so I am happy.

Same with my desktop. I think that was 400-500 max and a lot more powerful, but still not much more than a console.
That's what's kind of crazy to me. If you think about it, you could almost make an argument for the PC "devolving" from an essential tool for home internet use into almost a game console itself. Just in terms of the need to have one...outside of needing one for work, you probably won't see them in a lot of homes moving into the future except for gaming. Kinda weird to think about. It's almost like PCs and consoles came from opposite directions and are meeting in the middle.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a Squeenix bundle given their questionable financial state and rapid discounts.  Tomb Raider 2013 would probably be the BTA or a $10 tier.  Sleeping Dogs, Derpus Ex HR, Hitman Derpalution, etc. as the $1 tier.

Sheesh, why do I even bother buying games for more than $1 anymore? At this rate, we'll be seeing a Bioshock weekly deal. BTA for Infinite and Season Pass!

You know, as a PC gamer you could probably keep busy with a $1 monthly gaming budget. These games alone would be 100s of hours of gameplay.
Pretty much. I've been playing FTL which someone gifted me from the Summer Sale... then Rune for $0.75 pops up and I switched to that interwoven with The Pit. Now these three pop up... and I doubt I'll get to Conquistadors (which I paid $6ish for) until it hits $5 (or a bundle!) at this rate.

the hope that someday I'll finish putting my PC together.
This. Maybe I'll finish it one day.

Regardless I jumped on this for sure. The only one I had on PC/Steam was Saint's Row The Third sans DLC. I already played SRtT on PS3, and played SR2 on both PS3 and 360. I'm new to all of the others. I didn't splurge for Riptide though.

An Irrational Games Humble Bundle would be insane. :D
Irrational Games! They'rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre great!
tony_the_tiger-lg1.jpg

So, has there been a tornado of temper tantrums from indie devs over this bundle and how Humble has sold out again? Those were really amusing back during the THQ bundle.

do these have to be downloaded if you redeem the key? I just redeemed one of the keys but then hit "cancel" as I don't want to download the games right now, is there a way to be able to download them later to a different computer or did I just screw myself? (totally new to steam, I've only ever played Portal on it...)

It seems the Deep Silver Bundle A shows up in my "account details" but it's not clickable?

do these have to be downloaded if you redeem the key? I just redeemed one of the keys but then hit "cancel" as I don't want to download the games right now, is there a way to be able to download them later to a different computer or did I just screw myself? (totally new to steam, I've only ever played Portal on it...)

It seems the Deep Silver Bundle A shows up in my "account details" but it's not clickable?
The games should be in your library, just install whenever you want (so you're not screwed, and yes you can use steam across multiple comps)
Welcome to the steam nooblet community
:newbie:

just go under game library should find the games is thier listed in alphabetical order

was going pass but figure $5 is cheap for few good games an a bit goes to charity so win/win

To clarify - check your Steam library and the games (individually) should show up after you claim the key. (Note that the DLC Full Package for SR3 won't be a separate entry - you'll see the DLCs listed under SR3's Downloadable Content menu selection.)

To play the games on a different comp, install Steam on that comp, log in and voila, your entire Steam library is accessible. You can do this with as many comps as you like (you'll just have to validate the login from your email each time).

Enjoy your ridiculously cheap games!

Is the saints row 3 full package a separate key? I already have the base game.
should be separate on store page it looks like this

Risen 2, Sacred 2 Gold, Saints Row 2, and Saints Row: The Third Steam Key
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Dead Island GOTY and Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package (DLC) Steam Key
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I'm thinking about building a gaming PC (just have a macbook right now) -- Are these steam code(s) emailed to you or do they go straight to your steam account? Trying to decide if I should start buying PC games now while they're cheap or wait until after I get a PC up and running or install steam on my macbook and redeem them now. Thanks for the replies

I'm thinking about building a gaming PC (just have a macbook right now) -- Are these steam code(s) emailed to you or do they go straight to your steam account? Trying to decide if I should start buying PC games now while they're cheap or wait until after I get a PC up and running or install steam on my macbook and redeem them now. Thanks for the replies
email or right after u buy it will show the llink to get the key

You get an account on the humble site and you can retrieve your keys at any time to redeem at your leisure. I say buy now rather than wait. They won't get cheaper.

I nearly bit on picking up DI GOTY and Riptide over the Steam sale but held off. Despite the criticisms, I've wanted to give Riptide a shot and have been curious to see how it runs on my PC (borrowed my brother's PS3 copy about a year ago). Sacred 2 & Citadel + Risen 1 & 2 for the price I almost paid for the Dead Island games alone is no question.

You can start collecting Steam games now, and play then when you get your PC. When you buy a Steam game you are either emailed your code or the site has a section where all the games you bought from them are collected, and you get the codes from there.

Say I want to buy these games to later trade/resell them on CAG, weeks/months from now. Is that allowed by Steam and Humble Bundle?

bread's done
Back