The Lithograph Thread - Mass Effect, Alice, etc ...

Diatribal Deity

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Yeah, not a deal per se. But if you have seen the price of the majority of these shoot up after they are sold out...you may think otherwise.

MASS EFFECT/DRAGON AGE/BIOWARE

http://biowarestore.com/mass-effect/mass-effect-lithographs

Large
18x24 litho, 100lb paper. At least 300-800 normally printed. Signed
and numbered by artist.

($40-$80 each shipping starts at $6.50 for 1)

Current and past lithos
(Please note: some links to actual pictures may be dead)
Dead Reaper

Prototype SR2
5.gif

Archangel - $50 (gone)
photoxu.jpg

The Team - oversized - $80 (gone)
art-litho-me2-theteamltd-full.jpg

Cerberus (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Miranda (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Legion (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Grunt (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Thane (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Tali (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Purgatory
thumbnail.aspx

Pragia (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Korlus (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

The Wards (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Normandy (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Afterlife (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Collectors (gone)

The Illusive Man (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Jack (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Citadel (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Garrus (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Omega (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Minuteman (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Illium (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Saren (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

They tend to make more of the newer ones than the previous batches. But anyone who has the previous ones will vouch for their quality.

Mini - these are not limited or signed so they go in and out of stock

(Illium and Omega)
(Garrus and Saren)
(Citadel and Minuteman)

24.00 each

(Tali)
(Thane)
(Grunt)
(Miranda)

10.00 each

Mini character 5-Pack

Unsigned and unnumbered

The Team $40

• Shipping in the past has been mixed, as they previously shipped in two large pieces of cardboard with exposed edges. Sometimes they are rolled up and shipped in tubes or boxes. Lately they have been shipped flat in double layered cardboard.
  • Upon receipt it is common to see a bit of scrunching near the corners, but they are working on ways of reinforcing these areas to avoid damage in future.
  • For framing, recommendations abound in the likes of stores like Michaels and others who frequently offer 40-50% OFF.
  • Occasionally there will be a sale or promo code made available (although not normally for shipping).
  • Do not be entirely discouraged if a litho sells out immediately. Refreshing within a few hours or days may reveal the occasional lucky cancellation or return made available.
  • Monitoring their store, forums, twitter and facebook will help keep you informed of upcoming releases if you can't live without these.
My upfront apology for not being able to update this real-time. Usually they release the newer character/ship lithos in limited batches while I am at work. Normally around 10-11 MDT and 5-6 MDT.

**New Releases will generally be split releases with the first release beginning at 10AM MDT and the second starting 5PM MDT**

Thanks to everyone who is able to give others the heads-up!

http://biowarestore.com/mass-effect/mass-effect-lithographs

ALICE

http://alice2store.com/alice-art/alice-lithographs

DEAD SPACE/VISCERAL

http://visceralstore.com/_art/_lithographs

PORTAL/VALVE

http://store.valvesoftware.com/index.php?t=3&g=9

BORDERLANDS/GEARBOX

http://shop.gearboxsoftware.com/borderlands-art/

Rockstar Warehouse

https://warehouse.rockstargames.com/Category.aspx?c=Apparel%20%26%20Collectables

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='AgentSquishy']How big does the opening on the mat need to be? Would a 12x18 or 14x18 opening work? I'm not at home and i forgot to measure. I want to stop on my way home from work.[/QUOTE]

It depends on how you want it to look. There is really no universal method to matting an image. Some people make the opening a little smaller than the image itself so there is no gap at all. Others prefer a little gap and they usually range from 1/8 to 1/2 inch. You could even mat these so the character name doesn't show up and its just the image itself. So again, it really depends on taste. I myself prefer a little breathing room and usually use a 1/4 inch gap. If your having someone cut the mat for you, its best to bring a long the print so he can do the measurements.

Hey, just so you know I wasn't trying t be rude by ignoring you... [quote name='Righteous Nixon']Once again, short of the signature, everything else your talking about is opinion and I disgree.[/QUOTE]I never really said it was anything other than my opinion... and you surely don't have to agree with me. :)

Anyhow, other than talking about the increase print run... You seem concerned by it, I don't, and which is good for them, more sales and not so good for anyone else, there’s not much to talk about.

I just don't see these as being strong investments in the long term (for reasons already covered) and just feel that people should buy the ones they like and not view it as a money making scheme... You certainly don't have to agree with me... nor does anyone else. :)

PS Still not a sale out...

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']Hey, just so you know I wasn't trying t be rude by ignoring you... I never really said it was anything other than my opinion... and you surely don't have to agree with me. :)

Anyhow, other than talking about the increase print run... You seem concerned by it, I don't, and which is good for them, more sales and not so good for anyone else, there’s not much to talk about.

I just don't see these as being strong investments in the long term (for reasons already covered) and just feel that people should buy the ones they like and not view it as a money making scheme... You certainly don't have to agree with me... nor does anyone else. :)

PS Still not a sale out...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']Hey, just so you know I wasn't trying t be rude by ignoring you... I never really said it was anything other than my opinion... and you surely don't have to agree with me. :)

PS Still not a sale out...[/QUOTE]

Its all good as I certainly didn't think you were ignoring me. The bottom line is that I am a collector at heart. I would actually consider collecting to be one of my one true passions in life. My father got me started at a very young age and I have never looked back. I currently have well over 15 different collecting hobbies and while its nice to see items that you collect increase in value, I would still collect them even if they had no 2nd hand market value whatsoever. In other words, financial gain is not what motivates me to collect, its my enjoyment for the items themselves. The financial side is just a bonus.

So basically I would have collected the Mass Effect lithographs even if people were only getting $1 for them on eBay. The Dragons Age 2 lithos from Bioware are a perfect example as they are pretty much worthless in the 2nd hand market yet I have purchased all of them and I was fully aware of this fact when I purchased them. I don't care as I really like the images. Basically, it has nothing to do with money or value and everything to do with my passion for art and collecting. Don't get me wrong, I openly admit that I use the financial side of many of my hobbies to help fund many of items I do keep and many times that includes buying things I normally wouldn't buy with the clear intent of flipping them for a profit. I have already made a SIGNIFICANT amount of money off of ME litho's. Basically, the complete set I now own was bought and paid for with the profits I got from selling extra prints.

As for the rest of your post, I actually agree with it. I actually never viewed these prints as a strong long term investment. I am blown away that they have gotten as valuable as they have. That said, I still believe that the new prints released will increase in value and will probably top out around the 100-125 dollar range once they get sucked up into the market. I don't have a crystal ball so I cant say for sure one way or the other. The only thing I know for sure is that I will continue to collect based off of what I enjoy, not off of what I think I can make a buck off of and I agree with what you said, that People should buy based on their likes and dislikes, not based on some money making scheme. That's what true collecting is all about.

Just to give everyone a heads up, Bioware is releasing a new print in the coming weeks.

205686.jpg

This one will be signed and will have a white border, like the ME2 prints. Bioware stated that all signed prints will be released with a white border and all unsigned prints will be released with a black border.

The Crucible is going to be a BIG print. Its 39x22 and again its signed and numbered and will come with the white border. It should be released in the next couple of weeks. Oh yeah, its limited to 500 prints. A lot of people on the Bioware forums are unhappy about the huge size. I absolutly love it as this print is going to be stunning at those dimensions. Yes, it will cost more and be more expensive to frame but it will be stunning once its up on the wall. In all honesty, this is one of my favorite prints yet. I am a sucker for the space ship prints. I prefer them over the character releases.

[quote name='Donut2922']Meh the ME litho train probably cooled off with the crap Bioware got over ME3. Damn shame too.[/QUOTE]

I think its a great thing as the prices for the litho's were reaching ridiculous levels and actually getting one at the Bioware store was getting extremely difficult. Things are now, as you correctly stated, cooling off which means buying new prints wont be nearly as hard as it was with the older prints and buying older prints wont be nearly as expensive. For me, that is a win win scenario all the way around.

The people that only buy these to flip them....well, that is obviously a different story entirely.

[quote name='Righteous Nixon'] buying new prints wont be nearly as hard as it was with the older prints and buying older prints wont be nearly as expensive. For me, that is a win win scenario all the way around.
[/QUOTE]

Agree and thank god, maybe I can get a couple of the previous lithos for a decent price!

[quote name='Brenex']Agree and thank god, maybe I can get a couple of the previous lithos for a decent price![/QUOTE]

We have already seen a drop from the highs that we were seeing right before ME3 came out. Give it another 6-9 months and I am betting you will be able to buy any of the 500 size editions for 25-30% below the prices your seeing right now. The 300 and smaller will probably hold their value a bit better but even those will drop.

If someone wanted to sell their ME prints for the highest amount possible, they should have listed them right when ME3 was coming out cause its a downward ride from here on out. The only thing that can change the downward trend is a new entry in the series to get people's interest back up again. A Mass Effect film that wound up being really good or a new game from Bioware that restored people's faith in the series would definitely cause prices to shift upwards again. I think we have quite a bit of time before either of those things happen.

Ok, I am outta here. My son and I are off to the Motor City Comic Con. Its not as nice as some of the bigger cons but its still a great time. Maybe I will find some Mass Effect lithos for cheap, lol.

[quote name='Righteous Nixon']I think its a great thing as the prices for the litho's were reaching ridiculous levels and actually getting one at the Bioware store was getting extremely difficult. Things are now, as you correctly stated, cooling off which means buying new prints wont be nearly as hard as it was with the older prints and buying older prints wont be nearly as expensive. For me, that is a win win scenario all the way around.

The people that only buy these to flip them....well, that is obviously a different story entirely.[/QUOTE]

From a collectible standpoint it sucks though because Bioware and EA has devalued their own product in my mind. As a fan I'm happy about the accessibility. As a collector I'm a little miffed.

[quote name='Donut2922']From a collectible standpoint it sucks though because Bioware and EA has devalued their own product in my mind. As a fan I'm happy about the accessibility. As a collector I'm a little miffed.[/QUOTE]
This is how I feel too. I like knowing that something hanging on my wall is worth $500 but I only paid 50-80 for it. Plus it helps when I tell that to my fiancé lol.

[quote name='Donut2922']Meh the ME litho train probably cooled off with the crap Bioware got over ME3. Damn shame too.[/QUOTE]

This will likely be a very telling print for them... It has it all, though at this size like Nixon said it might be too big for its own good, but you never really see the Crucible in detail till the game takes a turn for the worse... So tts not something i think most fans want to be reminded of every time they look at their wall.

I have to frame too many lithos to grab the Crucible. I buy nicer frames.

The sad thing is, while the artwork is amazing, I cannot really support the magical space macguffin that was the crucible.

So torn...

Picked up a copy of the Crucible litho. I'm a fan of larger sized prints. I even have a space for it over my computer area. Although I might not get an expensive custom frame like I did with the team litho. This will be my 3rd litho, and 2nd I bought from the main site. I found a signed Garrus litho a year ago at my Goodwill for 10 bucks! :D

[quote name='Hoffy']Picked up a copy of the Crucible litho. I'm a fan of larger sized prints. I even have a space for it over my computer area. Although I might not get an expensive custom frame like I did with the team litho. This will be my 3rd litho, and 2nd I bought from the main site. I found a signed Garrus litho a year ago at my Goodwill for 10 bucks! :D[/QUOTE]

That's absolutely hysterical. I actually found a Wards litho at my local Goodwill. Was actually in better condition than some of the prints I have purchased on eBay, lol. Mine was twice as expensive tho, 20 bucks. Its nice to see a fellow Goodwiller. Most people don't think about Goodwill but I stop in at least once a week, and have done so for the last 10 years. I have found a LOT of amazing deals in that time. My most valuable find was a "Snowy Nap" print by Robert Bateman. Amazingly it was the more valuable Rigiclee edition which has a value of close to $2000. Paid 75 bucks for it. I probably should have sold it and taken the profit but I actually collect Bateman prints so I had to keep it.

I am also a fan of larger sized prints so The Crucible was a no brainer for me. I do my own framing so that will definitely keep the cost down. The most expensive aspect is buying the glass or acrylic. I usually prefer Tru Vue glass but given how large this is, I think I will go acrylic with this piece. As I have stated before, you guys should really think about learning how to do your own framing. Its actually not hard at all. It does take a bit of an investment on the front side but the money you wind up saving in the long run....well, it more than makes up for that initial investment. I usually save 70-80% by framing myself. Those frame guys make an absolute killing.

[quote name='Righteous Nixon']That's absolutely hysterical. I actually found a Wards litho at my local Goodwill. Was actually in better condition than some of the prints I have purchased on eBay, lol. Mine was twice as expensive tho, 20 bucks. Its nice to see a fellow Goodwiller. Most people don't think about Goodwill but I stop in at least once a week, and have done so for the last 10 years. I have found a LOT of amazing deals in that time. My most valuable find was a "Snowy Nap" print by Robert Bateman. Amazingly it was the more valuable Rigiclee edition which has a value of close to $2000. Paid 75 bucks for it. I probably should have sold it and taken the profit but I actually collect Bateman prints so I had to keep it.

I am also a fan of larger sized prints so The Crucible was a no brainer for me. I do my own framing so that will definitely keep the cost down. The most expensive aspect is buying the glass or acrylic. I usually prefer Tru Vue glass but given how large this is, I think I will go acrylic with this piece. As I have stated before, you guys should really think about learning how to do your own framing. Its actually not hard at all. It does take a bit of an investment on the front side but the money you wind up saving in the long run....well, it more than makes up for that initial investment. I usually save 70-80% by framing myself. Those frame guys make an absolute killing.[/QUOTE]

haha good find for $20! A price I would gladly pay over and over! Not going to lie, I'm a little jealous :)! I love Goodwill, I have also been going regularly for several years. I love finding signed books there for a quarter or 50 cents. The best (and worst) part of Goodwill is the backwards pricing they do on most of their stuff. I mean, they will charge you $25 for a poorly made Figurine from China, or $5 for a crappy PS2 sports game worth 25 cents but a litho like Garrus/Wards/or a print like Bateman is only being sold for 10/20 bucks and hiding behind 50 generic prints (and most of the prints are usually marked for more)! I love Bateman's work too - $75 is an excellent price for his prints, the frame probably cost more!

I once found a large talking Bumblebee when the first transformers movie came out and I flipped it for $200. My best find though, was a sealed original Clue game from the 60s. I paid $3 for it and I turned around and sold it for $350. For the most part though Goodwill's prices are decent (their prices were better 5 years ago).. they have saved my wallet from my gaming addiction. Just paid $5 for a new copy of Warhammer: Space Marine for the 360

I don't create any of the framing myself, but I do my own matting. Saves me a fortune as well, and it's simple to do after a few times. When I get a custom frame made I never leave it with the people. I will always put together the picture and frame myself (and they always have an issue with that). Usually they make you sign some liability form where they are only responsible for $200 or less of whatever the value of your picture is. I'm not going to leave my commission work with a random person to mess with my paintings.

[quote name='Hoffy']Picked up a copy of the Crucible litho. I'm a fan of larger sized prints. I even have a space for it over my computer area. Although I might not get an expensive custom frame like I did with the team litho. This will be my 3rd litho, and 2nd I bought from the main site. I found a signed Garrus litho a year ago at my Goodwill for 10 bucks! :D[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Righteous Nixon']That's absolutely hysterical. I actually found a Wards litho at my local Goodwill. Was actually in better condition than some of the prints I have purchased on eBay, lol. Mine was twice as expensive tho, 20 bucks. Its nice to see a fellow Goodwiller. Most people don't think about Goodwill but I stop in at least once a week, and have done so for the last 10 years. I have found a LOT of amazing deals in that time. My most valuable find was a "Snowy Nap" print by Robert Bateman. Amazingly it was the more valuable Rigiclee edition which has a value of close to $2000. Paid 75 bucks for it. I probably should have sold it and taken the profit but I actually collect Bateman prints so I had to keep it.[/QUOTE]
Shit! Sounds like I need to head to Goodwill to jumpstart my litho collecting! :lol:

You will probably never find a litho at a Goodwill. That is a sweet score, but you have to be damn lucky to score like that.

My Crucible Lithograph arrived today! I got 161/500. Looks great and not as big as I was imagining. The artist's signature is also very tiny compared to others. Only complaint is there was a minor bend in one of the corners, but luckily nothing was permanently creased. Will try to get it framed this week!

Another complaint I have, is they dumped a ton of black into the lithograph which is fairly normal with a piece this dark/detailed. I don't think most people will care too much (I don't really mind), but definitely not as vibrant as the online image they advertised.

edit: Photos added (photo has a flash spot in the center of image, stupid phone!)

crucible.jpg

signature.jpg

[quote name='Pookymeister']All lithos are $25 at the Bioware store for PAX now (sorry people that bought crucible already)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads-up! I went ahead and grabbed a Prothean litho :D

New screenprint poster up on the Bioware store. As always, this screenprint is limited to 250. The print is for the Mass Effect series and is titled: "No One Left Behind." After doing the quantity trick with the shopping cart, it looks like there are less than 125 available at this point.

These usually go out of stock fast and sadly they never bring them back. I was sad when I missed the limited run of the Lilith screenprint for Borderlands. Don't miss your chance if you like the art on this one.

Link to the store: http://biowarestore.com/no-one-left-behind-screenprint-poster.html

Link to the Deviant artist article: http://classical.deviantart.com/art/mass-effect-no-one-left-behind-335539109

Has anyone ever ordered from Gallery 1988 before? They have some cool prints and I was wondering about the quality.

Ubi Workshop just posted very limited Assassin's Creed art prints. Limited to 35 units worldwide. $79.99 plus $12.xx shipping. Going fast, 28 available at the moment.

Assassin's Creed Art Prints

Info
-----------------------------------

Ezio by Craig Mullins (17.6’’ x 19.2’’)
Part of the Assassin's Creed Artbook, this piece by renown artist Craig Mullins depicts Ezio Auditore Da Firenze, the protagonist from the award winning video game Assassin's Creed II.

Assassin by Gabz (15’' x 22½’’)
The piece by Gabz represents an Assassin imagined by the artist and was created for the upcoming Assassin's Creed Encyclopedia White Edition Carte Blanches commissioned works. It was originally introduced by UbiWorkshop as a teaser image for the launch of the website.

Print : Professional inkjet printing also called Giclée
Paper : 310 gsm, acid free and 100% cotton high quality textured paper

Not limited, not rare. These have been available for over a year. I have no idea how they're selling them as a run of 35 when each print is a run of 400.

The Irrational Games store put up three lithos for Bioshock Infinite--I believe these are similar to the covers that were distributed for Game Informer. They are available individually, but they are also releasing them as a limited edition, signed trio set. They are 11 x 14 / 100# cougar natural cover.

According to the website, the signed sets are limited to 100 and are hand-numbered, signed by Ken Levine and Robb Waters and include a certificate of authenticity.

https://store.irrationalgames.com/Pr...S-GILITHOS-BDL

[quote name='ethwang']The Irrational Games store put up three lithos for Bioshock Infinite--I believe these are similar to the covers that were distributed for Game Informer. They are available individually, but they are also releasing them as a limited edition, signed trio set. They are 11 x 14 / 100# cougar natural cover.

According to the website, the signed sets are limited to 100 and are hand-numbered, signed by Ken Levine and Robb Waters and include a certificate of authenticity.

https://store.irrationalgames.com/Pr...S-GILITHOS-BDL[/QUOTE]

Huge fan and i think the games going to be epic so I bought 1, Thanks for posting this or i never would have known.

[quote name='ethwang']The Irrational Games store put up three lithos for Bioshock Infinite--I believe these are similar to the covers that were distributed for Game Informer. They are available individually, but they are also releasing them as a limited edition, signed trio set. They are 11 x 14 / 100# cougar natural cover.

damn you, now I want one. $150....

hmmm about 80 left

That set is nice. Don't really care about the sigs since theyr'e not individually numbered but the set is pretty sweet.

Thanks, got a set

[quote name='D.Choy']In for 1 set. Kinda pricey though... hmm[/QUOTE]
It's limited to 100. There's no way they won't go up in value unless the game tanks which is doubtful

bread's done
Back