The Official CAG April 2011 Pick-Ups Thread "Aprils a foolin' you" Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='quazz']Found a Dreamcast Broadband Adapter for $10 at my local game store :D[/QUOTE]

I think you win this thread, might as well shut it down and start another one :D

[quote name='Bezerker']Hmm, I read it as "Left, right beside Atelier".

The game is Silpheed: The Lost Planet. GS sells it for $2. I'm quite amazed all those games still have the cases. All the stores in the Tampa area have racks full of disc only games because they throw out the cases for stuff $4.99 and under

http://www.gamestop.com/ps2/games/silpheed-the-lost-planet/9944[/QUOTE]

Sorry. I mean the game on the bottom left. I wasnt thinking of how to word it since it was late last night. I was shocked that those games still have cases.

2e4ymj8.jpg

Got both from GS, Dragon Age was used but it came with all of the collector's edition stuff

am5rlw.jpg

Picked these up last month, everything was from GS besides Dragon Quest VIII (that was from Play N' Trade)

wit1z5.jpg

Stuff from February, Sonic's UGC was from GS, NFS: HP was from EA on their Flash Deals (only paid 17 bucks for it) and Scott Pilgrim Combo Pack was from Best Buy for only $13

[quote name='The Punisher']What game is that on the left right beside Atelier?
How much is the Dragon Quest games at Kmart?[/QUOTE]

They are marked $40 on the sticker but they will ring up at $30 :)

Plus this week if you purchase $40 worth of stuff you get a $15 gaming coupon. :D

[quote name='Nico0020']I think you win this thread, might as well shut it down and start another one :D[/QUOTE]

lol I know I was shocked when I saw it, does anyone know how much the DC Broadband Adapter is worth?

A few pick ups:
IMG_0029.jpg

:psp:Ys: Seven Premium Edition- $30 New Gamestop
:gba:Pokemon FireRed and Sapphire- $5 craigslist
:gba:Other 4 $5 each GameStop B2G2 promo
Air Force 1-$10 from friend

IMG_0030.jpg

Pixel Art thx to deadbodyman, almost have my eevees

not much as im saving till lowball

[quote name='quazz']lol I know I was shocked when I saw it, does anyone know how much the DC Broadband Adapter is worth?[/QUOTE]

It depends on if it is actually a broadband adapter (which getting a steal on it like that means it probably is) but there was a LAN adapter that was released only in JP which is near worthless.

Just the Unit itself will net you anywhere from 100-200 USD. Boxed of course goes for more. I'd be glad to take the unit off your hands, my friend needs one.

I've checked and it is indeed the US broadband adapter (4000) (not boxed). Downloaded the XDP browser and its neat to browse the web even if its kind of limited. I think I'd like to keep it just because its definitely become the rarest thing in my collection :D but thanks for the information. :) The only thing that I could use it for other than the browser seems to be Quake 3, any reason your friend wants one? Its not that great lol.

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']I traded in a pile of extra N64, PS1 games and snagged Rival Schools & ZOE 2.

I probably paid a total of $30 for the pile of stuff I traded in and got $62 in credit for it. Rival Schools was marked for $50 but considering I only paid $30 for the stuff traded in, I won :D[/QUOTE]You definitely did! I found Rival Schools earlier this year(for $45 >_

My pick-ups over the last week or so. Sorry for the bad picture quality, my camera was stolent so I had to take them with my phone.

zj9m9w.jpg

svndix.jpg

jgqhpi.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
:dvd:It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia Season 4
:dvd:It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia Season 5
:dvd:Dexter Season 3
:dvd:Dexter Season4
^^^^All $15 (each)
:pc:Metro 2033- $5

Got from B2G2 at Gamestop:

Final Fight One
Star Saga
Gekido
Gunstar Super
Castle Double Pack ( 2 games in 1?)
DBZ Goku Double Pack (2 games in 1)
Kingdom Hearts Chain
Contra (The only one bootleg. Will exchange for something else)

A bit off topic, Anyone have any suggestions on GBA/ Gamecube games that is $9.99? Was thinking about returning Contra and kingdom Hearts for something else. I never played kingdom hearts, but looks better on PS2.
I do have for GBA Fire Emblem, Zelda Link 2, Zelda Link to Past, Final Fantasy IV,etc. Was thinking about Final Fantasy Dawn Souls, but believe they also release on PSP. I was thinking Super Robot Tasien or Summon Night 1 or 2. Anyone play those games? Any recommendation?

Don't usually go to HPB much these days but I am glad I went today.

:xbox: Conker Live and Reloaded $5.98 (disc in pristine condition, manual). I honestly had no clue that it was somewhat rare, I just never got to play CBF and have only tried a demo for live and reloaded. Great deal.

:pc: Need for Speed Racing Pack $5. (sealed). Always been a fan of racers so $5 for this was a no brainer, now to figure out how to get it to work on Windows 7.

hpim0452.jpg

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']what's the deal on the LA Noire booklet, are they handing those out?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, there was a stack of them on the checkout counter at each GS I've been to recently. They're very nice quality and are basically a primer on the premise of the game with a look into the capture technology used for the characters. It's nice enough that I got one to file away with my artbooks, heh.

[quote name='Segasonic01']

mariorack.jpg

Nintendo beach wood spinning NES holkder-$15[/QUOTE]

Been looking for one of these for awhile now. Congrats on getting one. Does it still spin well?

Hit up Gamestop Power Saver Sale, more specifically the b2g2 and spent $50, could have saved more with grouping of certain games but w/e:

icongamecube.gif
Donkey Konga
icongamecube.gif
Donkey Konga Bongos
iconps2_r2.gif
Crazy Taxi
iconps2_r2.gif
Devil May Cry
iconps2_r2.gif
Hitman: Blood Money
iconps2_r2.gif
Hitman: Contracts
iconps2_r2.gif
Hitman 2: Silent Assassin
iconps2_r2.gif
Indigo Prophecy
iconps2_r2.gif
Jak II
iconps2_r2.gif
Medal of Honor: Frontline
iconps2_r2.gif
NBA Street vol. 2
iconps2_r2.gif
Onimusha 2: Samurai's Destiny
iconps2_r2.gif
Resident Evil: Veronica's Code
iconps2_r2.gif
Simpson's Road Rage --> wanted to get DBZ: Budokai 2
iconps2_r2.gif
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
iconps2_r2.gif
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow
iconps2_r2.gif
Yazkuza

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I already showed my Portal 2 and my first copy of New Vegas, but this is my whole month's pick ups (so far0

Portal 2 + Fallout for $47

and I got ME bonus content disc + Undead Nightmare + Fallout 3 + 2nd New Vegas for $17!!!!! (flea market jackpot)

also I got Wind Waker, and as you can tell the box is in crap condition, but the games themselves are mint (save for one scratch) and did I mention that the CE disc is in there too? Hell of a deal for $5.

I also found Resident Evil 2 for $3 with a bunch of circular scratches but hey, I've been wanting the GC version for a while so I can't complain.

[quote name='moop2001']Been looking for one of these for awhile now. Congrats on getting one. Does it still spin well?[/QUOTE]
Its perfect

IMG_0444.jpg

Got Fear & Loathing Criterion & South Park S14 Early :D
Despicable Me & Megamind were both on sale from amazon.
HP was $12 from AWD and came new sealed, K&L2 was $10 from amazon and DW was $8 after $10 coupon at GS.

IMG_0445.jpg

I'm very anti GH, PH, PC, etc... but I had to snag this up for the RE Collection :D

Even with the high gas price, I couldn't resist and drove around to multiple GS to pick up these games. I think I spent most of my tax refund at GS because of the B2G2 sale. Here is what I got for PS2 and Gamecube games. I shall post my GBA purchases later.

photo-22.jpg

There is no game in the Dot Hack GU Vol1 Rebirth case. GS couldn't find the game in-store so they were nice enough to let me have the case with instructions and coverart. There is a disc only copy of :ps2: Grandia Xtreme in the generic black DVD case. All the other games are complete and in great condition :)

photo-24.jpg

I'm building up my Gamecube collection. I'm still missing a few goodies like Ikaruga, Pikmin 2, Paper Mario, other Mario Party games, and many more.

aprilpickups.png

I got L4D2 in a really good trade, I traded my LittleBigPlanet for a guy's PS3 version of Crysis 2 and got Walmart to swap it out for the 360 version (score!!!) Bulletstorm I got for $15 because it was 39.99 at Kmart and I had a 25$ gaming coupon from MVC3. Borderlands GOTY was 20 at Gamestop and Dragon Age II which I just beat was 40 at Kmart.

Overall I am really happy with all 5 of these games so far. I'm still amazed at how good of a deal I got on Crysis 2.

Sorry about the glare, pretty sunny out today and my blinds only block so much.

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']

IMG_0445.jpg

I'm very anti GH, PH, PC, etc... but I had to snag this up for the RE Collection :D[/QUOTE]

Where the f**k did you even find this? I've been searching for this for years, I only saw one once when it was first released.

[quote name='The Holy Pretzle']Where the f**k did you even find this? I've been searching for this for years, I only saw one once when it was first released.[/QUOTE]

U do know that u can get it at gamestop.
Resident evil $12.99
Resident Evil zero $9.99
Resident Evil 4 $9.99

I like the black label boxes.

I wish Capcom would release Resident Evil Zero-4 Box set.

[quote name='The Punisher']U do know that u can get it at gamestop.
Resident evil $12.99
Resident Evil zero $9.99
Resident Evil 4 $9.99

I wish Capcom would release Resident Evil Zero-4 Box set.[/QUOTE]

I prefer and have the black label boxes already. That was a pure collection piece :)

Just got these in a trade with a CAG
IMG_0117.jpg

Both Complete the FireRed even has the wireless adapter. Now I can put the ones i got on CL up for my lowball.
Nice start to the GBA collection. I will catch them all

Heres my GameStop Pick Up

IMG_0110.jpg

The Pokemon i got on CL for $5 a piece. The Pokemon video came with the boxed pokemon games. The others from GS B2G2 sale.
Wish they had Golden Sun.

[quote name='The Punisher']U do know that u can get it at gamestop.
Resident evil $12.99
Resident Evil zero $9.99
Resident Evil 4 $9.99

I wish Capcom would release Resident Evil Zero-4 Box set.[/QUOTE]
I already have them, I'm a bit of an RE collector (Heck I own at least 2 versions of most of the RE's). It's just this was apparently a very limited print so it's pretty hard to find now, just like the Pure Evil REmake and REzero double pack.

Ran to a few thrift stores today (the Dragon Quest 9's were pickups from Best Buy for $6.99 each!)
Pretty good haul though I may have overpaid for some and the flipping may be a bit harder on some.
IMG_1495.jpg

IMG_1496.jpg

IMG_1497.jpg

IMG_1498.jpg

IMG_1499.jpg

Newest Pick ups

IMG_0133.jpg

GBA Games- craigslist all for $60 all complete
was tempted to keep kH cause i like the case, but all going to my lowball.

IMG_0134.jpg

DS Games- Pokemon $5 from TRU
Mario Kart & FF3 box and manual only $2 from friend
Pokemon Pocket Guide- free in CAG trade- are they rare?
Pokemon B&W Guide Vol 2- $12 Amazon

Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex Season 1 Special Edition dvds
Mortal Kombat TE
Salvage lot off ebay consisting of
Hori Wii Arcade Stick
PS3 Madcatz SE Stick
Logitech Driving Force Wireless Wheel
Two Thrustmaster Flightsticks

Today was an interesting day. This was all at one Goodwill. The Atari stuff was expensive and cuz of this I left a lot of it behind. The Music Composers were $20 each. Not sure if I overpaid but took the risk as they are NIB. The two Atari games were $14.99 each. Once again, not sure if I overpaid but hopefully not as they are NIB too. The Gears of War Collector's Edition was $9.99 and the Gameboy games were $2.99 each. The Tomy Tutor is pretty rare I guess. It cost me a whopping $39.99 but I think it's NIB as well so I think there may be quite a profit in it. The Goodwill had a bunch of boxed computer Atari stuff I left behind including programs like Paint and stuff and also about 9 tablets for the Atari priced at $30 each. Too bad they were so high cuz they coulda been a great flip.
IMG_1517.jpg

IMG_1518.jpg

IMG_1519.jpg

IMG_1523.jpg

2011-04-28_00-46-47_749.jpg

Words cannot express how awesome it felt removing these from the mailing package.

2011-04-28_00-49-24_930.jpg

Random assortment of PS1 games.

2011-04-28_00-47-40_265.jpg

Got the two controllers and Mega Man from a lowball. Pilotwings from Goozex, going to swap it out for my slaughtered AWD (Acceptable) one.

2011-04-28_00-50-52_346.jpg

Found these at the Used Bookstore today for $1 a piece. Worst $15-$20 each on Amazon, but might keep most of them since they look pretty bad ass (here's looking at you Indy and Blue Oyster Cult).

Took advantage of the B2G2 sale at Gamestop for used PS2 and Gamecube games along with the easter week TRU and Best Buy sales.

PICT1810.jpg

Wal-Mart
:wii: Wii Pro Controller -$16.01

Best Buy
:br: Mortal Kombat – Not pictured - $7.48
:360: MK tournament Ed- $160.49 (comes with $10 Gift card)

Toys R Us
:wii: Epic Mickey
:360:Vanquish
$34.92

:360: Crysis 2
:360: Mortal Kombat
$86.28

:360: DJ Hero2
:360: Dragon Age
:360: Final Fantasy 13
$54.54

Gamestop
:ps3: God of War III – Not pictured
:360: Borderlands GOTY (new)
$38.71

:ps2: Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance
:ps2: Spiderman Web of Shadows
:gc: Rampage Total Destruction
:gc: Prince of Persia
$19.24

:ps2: Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters
:ps2: Kingom Hearts
:ps2: Kindom Hearts 2
:ps2: Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3
$48.13

:ps2: Castlevania: Curse of Darkness
:ps2: Kindgom Hearts: Chain
:ps2: Mega Man Anniversary Collection
:ps2: Tekken 5
$31.76

:ps2: Final Fantasy XII
:ps2: Simpsons Hit and Run
:ps2: Star Wars The Force Unleashed
:ps2: Soul Calibur III
$24.05

:gc: Paper Mario: The Thousand Year
:ps2: Final Fantasy X
:ps2: Disgea: Hour of Darkness
:ps2: Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence
$28.86

:gc: Pikmin
:ps2: Jak 3
:ps2: God of War
:ps2: FF XII
$19.24

:gc: Star Fox: Assault
:ps2: Killzone
:ps2: FF VII: Dirge of Cerberus
:ps2: God of War II
$25.02

:gc: Waverace Bluse Storm
:gc: Metroid Prime
:ps2: FF X-2
:ps2: Ratchet & Clank: Up your Arsenal
$13.46

:gc: Mario Party 4
:gc: Kirbys Air Ride
:gc: Mario Party 6
:ps2: Mega Man X Collection
$38.5

:gc: Zelda Wind Waker
:ps2: Gu Hack
:ps2: Slient Hill
:ps2: Shadow of the Colossus
$19.25

:gc: Super Smash Brothers Melee
:gc: Metroid Prime Fusion
:gc: Mario party 5
:gc: Mario party 7
$19.25

Total spent on above is just shy of $500 after selling the MK TE contents for $186.

[quote name='voltanis99']Nothing special from gamestop today :(

picture.php
[/QUOTE]

I hate you...
(in a really jealous kind of way, but still happy for you)
EDIT:
Whats the SKU for the Deluxe Edition?
and how much was it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back