The Official CAG February 2013 Pick-Ups Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMAG0266_zps3d295719.jpg

$20 for Star Fox and SWBF2, both really nice shape and complete.

In regards to your plastic/cardboard box confusion...it should be both. Typically, boxes like that are cardboard coated with a polyethylene laminate. It's basically the same thing as a milk carton.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Zaku77']How about the EU exclusive Assassin's Creed Athology, eh![/QUOTE]

Nice video, but now I want to buy the anthology. You should get a commission from Ubi.

[quote name='salty tbone']Nice video, but now I want to buy the anthology. You should get a commission from Ubi.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I think I should! lol

http://imgur.com/a/55cPf

I know this is supposed to be Feb ONLY but I didn't get around to uploading last month's haul yet, ALL this is from January and on, some of it feb. (not pictured is a PS2 fat, Three LoTR WitN CE's, a Indigo GC and some other GCN games not really worth singling out)

My personal highlights of the gallery are:
Tales of Symphonia (GC) CIB.
Dot hack part 4 quarantine CIB w/ dvd!
PS2 RE4 premium edition (steelbook baby!).
Xenosaga 1-3 with matching guides (bought a second part 2 guide because the one without the price stickers beat to hell)
LoZ Windwaker guide!!!!!!
Last but not least, you know I HAD to mention them, TWO BEAUTIFUL WONDERFUL HYRULE HISTORIA LE's!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='Hemi']I know this is supposed to be Feb ONLY[/QUOTE]

I really don't think anyone cares. They just wanna see cool shit.

[quote name='AugustAPC']I really don't think anyone cares. They just wanna see cool shit.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I figured that XD, In the big box of games, and the 4 games in cd cases, everything minus the personas, GCN games, .Hack's, and Xenosaga's, was all one lot that came with a fat PS2 for $65, I didn't realize what a deal I got until I actually went through them all.

[quote name='Hemi']Yeah I figured that XD, In the big box of games, and the 4 games in cd cases, everything minus the personas, GCN games, .Hack's, and Xenosaga's, was all one lot that came with a fat PS2 for $65, I didn't realize what a deal I got until I actually went through them all.[/QUOTE]

$65 for all those games?

[quote name='ZombieToast']My latest pick-ups aren't related to video games, so I'll use spoilers. First, for those who remember my T-Rex from last month, I got him a new friend:
dinotri.jpg

dinotri2.jpg

And I got two more cabinets for our board games:
redecoration20.jpg

If anyone is interested in seeing the contents of the cabinets (as well as other stuff), check out this post.[/QUOTE]

Nice now you need a pair of dino scissors and a dino stapler

[quote name='Squarehard']
photodb.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Lmao! Whaaat the fuuuuuck? I'm not an anime buff, but this shit looks hilarious. What is it?

[quote name='AugustAPC']Lmao! Whaaat the fuuuuuck? I'm not an anime buff, but this shit looks hilarious. What is it?[/QUOTE]

It is pretty hilarious, but also incredibly ecchi, and to top it off it's also a harem, so if you're into that kind of stuff I'd recommend.

If you're looking for a more accurate description it's basically about
a boy who one day discovers an angel that grants whatever he wishes her to do, and from there stuff happens
, so basically from there you will have to figure out the rest by watching.

Oh yeah, also if you can't make out the title from the pic it's called Heaven's Lost Property.

[quote name='AugustAPC']Lmao! Whaaat the fuuuuuck? I'm not an anime buff, but this shit looks hilarious. What is it?[/QUOTE]

Heaven's Lost Property. Typical magical girlfriend ecchi harem comedy except the main character is a perverted idiot instead of a shy geek.

[quote name='DNukem170']Heaven's Lost Property. Typical magical girlfriend ecchi harem comedy except the main character is a perverted idiot instead of a shy geek.[/QUOTE]

And boy is he ever.

[quote name='Kovorkian']Nice now you need a pair of dino scissors and a dino stapler[/QUOTE]
Seriously. I haven't had much luck, though, especially with anything in a similar style. And I don't know if the company who made the staple remover and tape dispenser ever made any other supplies 'cause they went defunct in the mid-90's and I can't find any information about them.

[quote name='DNukem170']Heaven's Lost Property. Typical magical girlfriend ecchi harem comedy except the main character is a perverted idiot instead of a shy geek.[/QUOTE]

But man, it pretty much became one of my favorite animes. It helps that I like the story a bit.

[quote name='Squarehard']And boy is he ever.[/QUOTE]

He's #1 Pervert in my book. :lol:

Finally got myself a tablet/e-reader (Nexus 7 16GB.) This was the first thing I've paid full price for in a long time, totally worth it.

RZofO6g.jpg

[quote name='Olengie']He's #1 Pervert in my book. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Nah, Roshi is still #1. He wouldn't have held back.

My recent pick ups
ps3.gif
Ni No Kuni: Wizard's Edition $115
wii.gif
Kirby Superstar Collection $15 (@BB $20 RWZ coupon, $5 RWZ$)
KMart Clearance
ps3.gif
Dungeon Siege 3 $3
ps3.gif
Yakuza 4 $3 (x2)
ps3.gif
Duke Nukem Forever $2
ps3.gif
DeBlob 2 $2
ps3.gif
God of War Collection $3
ps3.gif
Vanquish $2
ps3.gif
Bulletstorm $3
xbox360.gif
Hannah Montana $1
Gamestop
xbox360.gif
Perfect Dark Zero Steelbook $1.80 (w/PUR, needed slip cover and bonus disc)
001-3_zpsd6259182.jpg

Went to Best Buy to do some pre orders and for RE6. Preordered Dead Island for the Steelbook. My local Blockbuster is going out of business and I got Assassin's Creed for 8 and Ninja Gaiden for 4.
imag0246q.jpg

20130210_211917_zps6258a491.jpg

This is my first craigslist pickup in years. I got all this for $80, which I should be able to make more than that off selling some of my duplicates.

20130210_212018_zps0d636a22.jpg

DS3 from Amazon and my local Gamestop happened to have an extra artbook, yay!

got the last 16gb wifi iPad mini in my area... almost didnt get it by about 2 minutes... i was checking out when the people behind me asked about one

[quote name='tooshorty6432168']

This is my first craigslist pickup in years. I got all this for $80, which I should be able to make more than that off selling some of my duplicates.

[/QUOTE]

Really nice deal. Two Atomic Purple controllers and some really nice games amongst some reaaaally shitty ones too, lol. Supes! But naww man, you got Goemon, Zelda, Mario Kart, Bomberman and Smash... that's worth more than $80 easily.

bought new computer today from best buy. would post a picture of it, but iwent to set it up and the damn thing already had a password on it. i was pissed and have to wait till tommrow and get the guy at store to tell me the damn pass word

[quote name='camelking6969']bought new computer today from best buy. would post a picture of it, but iwent to set it up and the damn thing already had a password on it. i was pissed and have to wait till tommrow and get the guy at store to tell me the damn pass word[/QUOTE]

Sounds like you got Slidecaged. I would expect this from gamestop....

[/QUOTE]
WOW! I wish I could find something like this. I just found a N64 at goodwill and now I need some games. I see alot of memories there.

CIMG1213_zpsb44a07bf.jpg

Meh, it isn't much noting. Got the Wii/DS for the B1G1 50% Off. To be honest, Spectral Force Genesis is the first DS Game I bought. :lol: Everything else is belongs to my brothers. I'll probably get more stuff this month or next month.

[quote name='Olengie']
CIMG1213_zpsb44a07bf.jpg

Meh, it isn't much noting. Got the Wii/DS for the B1G1 50% Off. To be honest, Spectral Force Genesis is the first DS Game I bought. :lol: Everything else is belongs to my brothers. I'll probably get more stuff this month or next month.[/QUOTE]
popolocrois is amazing IMO.

Ok, when I saw this in disc replay today....I had to get it. I played this so much on pc back in the day and I never knew it came out for a system. Now I'm hoping Bugdom is released for vita lol.
25E6FFA0-7FA5-4DCB-B6B7-0966321E6907-999-000000884A86D75C_zps322692b8.jpg

I got this from Best Buy. Under $20 after a gift card that I had from Christmas.
BF234878-591F-4D46-A13A-5232228C6C9D-999-00000088568E82C7_zps1d9247e5.jpg

And this is also from Best Buy. For $3 I figured why not?
8FA79293-EDF8-47A0-943A-C2F1DD908196-999-000000884EB9C658_zps03312609.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
For Valentine's day I made my girlfriend the Arcana cards from Persona 4 (good ol' Sharpies). If she could only play this game the rest of her life, she would. @_@

I got myself these. = > Nonplayer is a cool comic kinda like .Hack so far.

[quote name='kermit036']For Valentine's day I made my girlfriend the Arcana cards from Persona 4 (good ol' Sharpies). If she could only play this game the rest of her life, she would. @_@

I got myself these. = > Nonplayer is a cool comic kinda like .Hack so far.

[/QUOTE]

need to pick up the other issues of multiple warheads only got the first one, like the art a lot and its a trip

Snapshot_20130215_zpsbb84edf4.jpg

Mafia II CE New $4 shipped
Max payne 3 SE New $20 shipped
Last issue of Nintendo power $5.99
total $30 who wins cheapest gamer this month?

Funny story with the last issue of Nintendo power. I went to walmart to shop with my dad and as I pass the magazine isle I remember talking about this issue and asking friends/family about it. It was the last issue in the store and I almost passed it up, it was behind a stack of some random magazines sitting all by itself. The first time I just briefly looked at the mags, then I started flipping through them and moving them and BAM found the golden ticket.The good thing is I got the issue just as the magazine guy was adding new ones and I asked him if he removes old issues and he said yes. I asked him about Nintendo power but I don't think he knew what I was talking about. I don't even own anything near current gen with Nintendo. Just figured I'd snag it due to the demand and price and the fact I still want to see it. I'm not selling it for profit. Aside from a few single issues in the N64 era I haven't experienced much of NP. This video was a seller for me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHvKicLjTbw

Amazon keep shipping my Hitman trilogy in a padded envelope, so I keep getting them with creases and dents. You can't ship a boxed item in a padded envelope and expect them to arrive undamaged--so annoying! It's minor and cosmetic, so many wouldn't mind, but that's not what I want from a new item.

g7Rl6gH.jpg

I was looking to expand my Gamecube collection a little bit. Paid ebay prices for all of these but wanted to get a few more games so it was worth it.

20130216_143541_zps35cb3fd9.jpg

I got both 3DS games from the Best Buy sale, the two PS1 games in pristine condition from Craigslist for $5 total and the Xbox and Saturn games for $3 a piece from a local store. I've been meaning to pick up Syberia for a while, I don't own any of the Oddworld's yet, and I'd be hard pressed passing up a mint Saturn case for that price.

20130215_180726_zps0b4d536f.jpg

Yay completing things.

20130216_150017_zps85300d4b.jpg

Kirby from Best Buy, Fire Emblem from Amazon and spent about $5 on the NES controller.

20130216_143541_zps35cb3fd9.jpg

I got both 3DS games from the Best Buy sale, the two PS1 games in pristine condition from Craigslist for $5 total and the Xbox and Saturn games for $3 a piece from a local store. I've been meaning to pick up Syberia for a while, I don't own any of the Oddworld's yet, and I'd be hard pressed passing up a mint Saturn case for that price.

20130215_180726_zps0b4d536f.jpg

Yay completing things.

20130216_150017_zps85300d4b.jpg

Kirby from Best Buy, Fire Emblem from Amazon and spent about $5 on the NES controller.[/QUOTE]

Where'd u get the boxes from?

[quote name='Tempius']Bre software has the 3 oversized boxes for $2.xx each.[/QUOTE]

Correct. Just in case anyone is new to the site, do expect to spend at least 2x your total when you include shipping. It's a tad ludicrous, but certainly beats trying to find awesome condition boxes/manuals in the wild.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back