The Official CAG February 2013 Pick-Ups Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm posting this on behalf of TommyLove...

2FbiLol.jpg

[quote name='Tempius']Bre software has the 3 oversized boxes for $2.xx each.[/QUOTE]

I was just looking for my old Zelda Four Swords box! I have never heard of this store before. Thanks for the pointer. Ordering now.

Went to the flea market today. Stumbled upon a bucket full of SNES games and a GoldenEye game, all in excellent condition. Guy that was selling them wanted $2 per game. I basically bought everything minus the sports games. I don't think he even realized what he had. :hot:

24oomiu.jpg

Includes:
-Aladdin
-Bubsy
-Chrono Trigger
-Dragon's Lair
-Final Fight
-Final Fight 2
-GoldenEye
-The Incredible HULK
-Lethal Enforcer
-Mortal Kombat
-Mortal Kombat II
-Shadowrun
-2x Street Fighter II Turbo
-Super Adventure Island
-Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
-2x Super Mario World
-Super Metroid
-Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles in Time
-World Heroes

Last edited by a moderator:
this is what ive picked up in the last month!
img0339mt.jpg

Wii U 32gb with nintendoland, a wiimotion plus remote, charger, super mario bros U, scribblenauts unlimited and country dance wii all bundled for $325 on ebay

picked up the classic pro controller for regular price

img0337cs.jpg

Dead space 2 collectors edition $30 on craigslist
Bioshock Limited Edition with big daddy(very tip of drill broken and a finger missing but not noticeable) $45 on craigslist

img0336hw.jpg

Bioshock 2 special edition for $45 from a CAG :)

img0335up.jpg

Dead space 3 dev team edition $110

img0334wb.jpg

Dead space 3 $60
Dragon Age origins Ultimate edition $15
Last remnant, Infinite Undiscovery, Eternal Sonata, Resonance of fate for $58 from a CAG!
One Piece Pirate Warriors $39 ebay
Tales of Graces f $29

img0333ut.jpg

Metroid Prime, Mario Kart Double Dash, Luigis Mansion together $25 on craiglist today
Super Smash Bros Brawl, Super Mario Galaxy 2 $30 craigslist
The Last story $18
Xenoblade Chronicles $50

Wow, sweet pick ups RPGer!!! So much CE goodness! And looking at your pick ups make e want to get a Wii to enjoy some Mario!

GamestopPickups_zpsdb19f641.jpg

:ps3:
Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 always looked fun, and I love the cover so I figured that I couldn't go wrong for $14.99
College Hoops 2K8 was $9.99 and it's a somewhat rare game.
NBA 2K8 was $.99 and I can import my 2K8 draft class to it. Also fulfills my taste to play some 2K since I sold 2K13 earlier in the week.
:360:
Fable 2 was $2.99 at Gamestop, I've been having an itch to play it lately
Quantum of Solace was $2.99 and I gotta say, it is pretty dang fun. Not great, but solid.
:br:
Skyfall was $19.99 at Target. Phenomenal movie, in fact, I'm watching it again right now lol. Daniel Craig and Javier Bardem were amazing in this movie.
Quantum of Solace (not pictured) was a valentine's gift from my lovely girlfriend, that was a great movie as well!

Was out and about today and found these 2 at my local game store for $15 each. Been trying to get a few of the more scarce Genesis games.

l0VGA23.jpg

Ugh, I spent way too much on imports from dv8mad, couldn't resist. Not sure what to think on how I did. I got:

Sega CD Ram Cart (Japanese, no region lock)
Space Invaders (Saturn)
Vampire Savior (Saturn)
Shining Force 3 Scenario 2 (Saturn)
Shining Force 3 Scenario 3 (Saturn)
Christmas Nights (Saturn)
Frame Gride (Dreamcast)
Mushihimesama Futari (Xbox 360)
Virtual On Force (Xbox 360)
+an audio cd (approx $20)

Grand total of $143 shipped, lets say $120 for just the games. I think I can nearly justify that with the two 360 games and the Sega CD ram cart alone but I still feel like I spent too much.

From the Best Buy sale:
E13FCD69-C49F-4B4E-B03D-5D8CA6FCDA54-5050-0000052C2F408AED_zps830d65a4.jpg

From ebay, Sealed, $15:
93101BBA-F734-481D-B7FC-145A3146A062-5050-0000052C33F741BB_zps5fc803f8.jpg

From the GameFly sale:
51EF7613-D0C9-4913-B4C2-8AC53A693B1F-5050-0000052C374ED6C5_zpsb1d7820c.jpg

From Reckless Records (local used movie/music store) $1 for all four:
A714BBA7-501F-4DFC-84EA-83F01167CDCC-5050-0000052C3AC7066B_zpsea27c69b.jpg

From People Play Games (local used game store):
D8AF8867-55E9-41CE-ABE4-60E43E7FC663-5050-0000052C3EB9B537_zpscd1dcb58.jpg

1EB0420A-0561-4218-A83F-73A69A7303C8-5050-0000052C43726E2A_zpse6e4ea06.jpg

AE3E86B1-5CE9-4684-AC1E-81F76A771850-5050-0000052C4825C9A2_zps9428da38.jpg

4136571D-2918-452A-B387-955148D993BF-5050-0000052C4AF6B909_zpse788c864.jpg

Decided to post here in here, seems like a great way to keep my collection up to date and share my collection with you guys. These pickups are from the last few days.

Was at Best Buy today and saw the thread about used PS2/PSP games being dropped down to 99 cents. Decided to pick up anything that seemed halfway decent especially for 89 cents after GCU discount. Didn't have much of a PS2 collection so this was a great way to start up a collection.

20130218_212107_zps72510a49.jpg

These are just a couple of cheap PS3 games i picked up from GameStop for. Used my birthday 20% off coupon to pick them up. Bulletstorm and RE:ORC came from Best Buy for 7 bucks total.

20130218_212206_zpsa34e23ec.jpg

These two games are the same, picked them up from GS for cheap. Been wanting Lollipop Chainsaw but have been waiting for a decent price. Bulletstorm was cheap from Best Buy.
I've been looking for a genuine MS Wired Controller. Walked into GameStop today and the worker (that i'm friends with) asked if i wanted one since somebody just traded in a great condition one. So ended up picking up the controller and renewing my PUR pro membership.

20130218_212306_zps1d2544dc.jpg

Five of the items were from today (GoT, Tales petites, EO1, Monsters Inc, Aria). The rest from the last 2 weeks or so.

2013-02-19_20-03-44_657_zpse8d35d6c.jpg

Stock pic, cause I already put these away:
LEGO_Minifigures_Series_9_Figures_2013_zpsdfcdb24e.jpg

LEGO-The-Hobbit-Gandalf-at-Dol-Guldur-30213-Toysnbricks1_zps3b0b9ac2.jpg

[quote name='kermit036']I was just looking for my old Zelda Four Swords box! I have never heard of this store before. Thanks for the pointer. Ordering now.[/QUOTE]

Np, glad I could help!

[quote name='freakyzeeky']Went to the flea market today. Stumbled upon a bucket full of SNES games and a GoldenEye game, all in excellent condition. Guy that was selling them wanted $2 per game. I basically bought everything minus the sports games. I don't think he even realized what he had. :hot:
[/QUOTE]
That is literally a pickup dreams are made of. Congrats. :whistle2:#

20130220_151906_zps70c73ce8.jpg

I am loving CL lately. I just picked this lot up for $35. I originally had agreed to $30 for everything minus Road Rash and King's Field, but the long boxes are in superb condition and I couldn't pass them up upon seeing them.

Mostly everything is in great shape, a few cases are a tad scratched as is the CTR and Road Rash disc, but FF7 and Legaia are mint. Heart of Darkness is missing the manual, but Legaia has a random Jade Cocoon demo disc randomly in it. Anyone happen to know where that is from?

That jade cocoon demo might be from the game Shadow Madness. I checked my copy and it has it in it.

[quote name='stiner']That jade cocoon demo might be from the game Shadow Madness. I checked my copy and it has it in it.[/QUOTE]

That was one of the games that was advertised, so it certainly would make sense to me.

BEST MONTH EVAR
218x Zelda Hyrule LE books

My fire emblem 3DS

Best buy lovely deals.

Metal gear rising. I'll pick up the LE when it drop in prices @ amazon.

[quote name='Zaku77']Yup, I'm sure you've got plenty of spending money now. :/[/QUOTE]
I always had money from working at my old job for a couple of years, but now I'm kinda broke and waiting on my lovely tax return.

Bought both of these as blind buys

DSC01211_zps2f3a5b51.jpg

still need to pick up two luther strode variants, also didnt know saga #7 had a variant going to pick it up

DSC01213_zpsd2aa1ef6.jpg

wanted to pick up the iron fist run cause i heard it was good, the omnibus is oop and high priced, so i got the individual hardcovers on ebay for a good price

DSC01215_zpse6c00320.jpg

these were a gift

DSC01217_zpsea3a6ff6.jpg

[quote name='ShogunNage']Bought both of these as blind buys

DSC01211_zps2f3a5b51.jpg

you wont be disappointed with black lagoon, such an amazing show.

you wont be disappointed with black lagoon, such an amazing show.[/QUOTE]

yeah for the price on amazon and saw everyone recommend it, had to give it a shot after finish watching hellsing ultimate 1-8. Picked up last exile cause was always interested to watch it and with the recent announcement of Last Exile: Fam, the Silver Wing on blu ray i thought why not.

[/QUOTE]yeah for the price on amazon and saw everyone recommend it, had to give it a shot after finish watching hellsing ultimate 1-8. Picked up last exile cause was always interested to watch it and with the recent announcement of Last Exile: Fam, the Silver Wing on blu ray i thought why not.[/QUOTE]

I have never seen last exile but after finishing up hellsing ultimate last month I will be buying that as well.

I had all kindsa lamps that did that electric business when I was growing up, so they don't really do much for me anymore. I'm not really a fan of the lamp. I don't like the capsule shape to it... something just bugs me about it. Like they took an old fad lamp and stuck a sword in it. I feel like they could have done more... especially for $90. God that's ridiculous.

Been awhile since I've posted my last pickups, but been waiting for the last of it to arrive, so I will have pics up next week when the final stuff gets here. :3

Recently got Hyrule Historia, Duck Dodgers Volume 1, 24 Season 1 (repackaged, now I can see what all the fuss is about), Ultimate Avengers 3 pack, Scooby Doo Mysteries Inc. Season 2 Volume 1, and Heaven's Lost Property Season 2. The last one pissed me off because I didn't realize it was DVD only with the Blu-ray not coming out until June for some reason.

Went to several local game stores to trade in a bunch of stuff to make room at my new apartment. Stuff I traded
Halo Reach legendary edition extra stuff, Atari 2600 system, some boxed 2600, Intellivision, CDi, and Jaguar games no one cares about.
. Stuff I got! Less room + better quality = :D .

Titles:
Ranger X, Earth Defense, Flicky, Trouble Shooter (label is a sad state), Galaxy Force II, Grind Stormer, Valis III, and Syd of Valis.

Picked up 2 PS2/Xbox ac cables for $2 apiece from GS on my lunch break. Needed one from my Goodwill Xbox and just another for backup.

[quote name='DNukem170']Just bought Tiger & Bunny set 1 (Blu-ray) for $20 and Homeland Season 1 on DVD for $9.[/QUOTE]

where is tiger and bunny $20? I would love it for that price. Was it the blu ray?

[quote name='shawnmelo']where is tiger and bunny $20? I would love it for that price. Was it the blu ray?[/QUOTE]

He said Blu Ray and DVD in his post. :lol:

[quote name='Olengie']He said Blu Ray and DVD in his post. :lol:[/QUOTE]

yeah just realized I guess I was so amazed at that price lol

[quote name='shawnmelo']where is tiger and bunny $20? I would love it for that price. Was it the blu ray?[/QUOTE]
Found it on eBay as a BIN. Free shipping too.

[quote name='DNukem170']Found it on eBay as a BIN.[/QUOTE]

guess I need to start checking ebay more for my anime I guess.

oujBMEP.jpg

got 2 copies of this book at Barnes & Noble before that dude ordered 38. It was available for like a week before he did so luckily I got mine before he bought out their stock.

[quote name='kermit036']Went to several local game stores to trade in a bunch of stuff to make room at my new apartment. Stuff I traded
Halo Reach legendary edition extra stuff, Atari 2600 system, some boxed 2600, Intellivision, CDi, and Jaguar games no one cares about.
. Stuff I got! Less room + better quality = :D .

Titles:
Ranger X, Earth Defense, Flicky, Trouble Shooter (label is a sad state), Galaxy Force II, Grind Stormer, Valis III, and Syd of Valis.
[/QUOTE]

I see that price tag from the record exchange! where did you find that at?

Since the start:

iconpsp_r2.gif

2 PSP Go's (1 Black & 1 White)
Tokbot
Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters
Darkstalkers
Riviera
Castlevania
Activision Hits Remixed
Atari Classics Evolved
Brave Story
Capcom Classics Reloaded
Capcom Classics Remixed
Disgaea: Afternoon Darkness
Final Fantasy IV Complete Edition
Lunar
Midway Arcade Treasures
Namco Museum Battle Collection
Phantasy Star Portable
SNK Arcade Classics
Tactics Ogre
Taito Legends Powered Up

iconps2_r2.gif

Star Wars Battlefront

iconwii.gif

The Last Story Limited Edition
LoZ: Skyward Sword

icongamecube.gif

Odama
Star Wars Rogue Squadron III

iconds.gif

Contact
Pokemon Black 2
Pokemon White 2

3ds.gif

Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask

[quote name='MasaTFC']I see that price tag from the record exchange! where did you find that at?[/QUOTE]

haha keen eye on the price tags. I picked this up from an Exchange on the west side of Cleveland. I see you are in Pittsburgh (?). Whenever I have them look up stuff, you guys always have what I am looking for, though this store's quality has been on the up swing.

[quote name='MasaTFC']so let me get this straight- you just go in and ask which ones are a penny?[/QUOTE]

No, my employee hookup told me to bring a backpack, scanned the entire rack for me, and let me take ANY that were a penny (off camera), because he was gonna just toss them in the dumpster. He's not big on guides, the infos free on the internet etc. there was enough LEGO sticker book's and lego idea books to fill three backpack's that I left, and two Ninja Gaiden 3's.
It was more of, I'll just say I threw them out and you can have them.
Found out he also is a CAG too, he's been on here but IDK if hes registered.
Because the manager wasn't there he had the leeway to do it, while we were putting them in the backpack he was joking around "oh no stop! thief!" and when I commented the "air" in my backpack was heavy he said enjoy all that "air".
TL;DR I have a cool employee who doesn't care either way if I take pennied guides, as he think's it's stupid they just throw them out or rip them up etc.

Not sure where to post this, but my old lady had a package show up today and gave it to me. I opened it up and inside was this:

20130223_151440_zpseb6e8aa1.jpg

She sells clothes online on some site (no idea what site), and apparently she traded a few of her items with another seller on there. Most of the clothes she sells and trades, she only pays a buck or two a piece for, so these probably cost about $6 out of pocket.

There are a couple obvious turds in there, but everything is complete with all manuals, inserts, etc. Pokemon channel even has all three e-reader cards, and the original card they were punched from.

Had fun with the Best Buy President's Day Sale.
imag028931.jpg

Then got the Epic Edition of GoW 3. I think I'm probably gonna sell my Limited Editon of GoW 3 that I already had. I'm glad I had alot of BB and GS credit to buy this stuff.
imag029311.jpg

And here is my little collection of figures so far. Hope to fill it out with more stuff!

[quote name='trollape74']Had fun with the Best Buy President's Day Sale.
imag028931.jpg

Then got the Epic Edition of GoW 3. I think I'm probably gonna sell my Limited Editon of GoW 3 that I already had. I'm glad I had alot of BB and GS credit to buy this stuff.
imag029311.jpg

And here is my little collection of figures so far. Hope to fill it out with more stuff![/QUOTE]

love that bender. Where did you get it?

Those are the Kidrobot Futurama figures. I've seen them at Barnes and Nobles, I think. Places like Urban Outfitters might have them as well, and specialty stores.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back