The Official CAG February 2013 Pick-Ups Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Lemstar']If you want to splurge a little bit, Goo-Gone works wonders. Just make sure you're in a well-ventilated area so the fumes don't kill you.[/QUOTE]

I actually found a little bottle of goo gone at the dollar section in Target a few weeks ago.

[quote name='skiizim']I actually found a little bottle of goo gone at the dollar section in Target a few weeks ago.[/QUOTE]

I did too. Kearny Mesa Target in SD, IIRC.

[quote name='Lemstar']If you want to splurge a little bit, Goo-Gone works wonders. Just make sure you're in a well-ventilated area so the fumes don't kill you.[/QUOTE]

Goo Gone is orange oil. Won't hurt anyone (as long you don't ingest it).

Are you thinking of Goof Off? That stuff is caustic and breaks down ABS plastic. DO NOT use it on your games. EVER.

If you guys want a really gentle, super effective solvent that will not damage cart labels or other printed paper products, then check my blog ;) 25+ years of cleaning carts and sticker goo and I haven't ever found a better product.

http://rosecoloredgaming.wordpress....oration-guide-1-removing-stickers-from-carts/

[quote name='skiizim']I actually found a little bottle of goo gone at the dollar section in Target a few weeks ago.[/QUOTE]

they sell them at Dollar Tree in the cleaning supplies

[quote name='wiggyx']Goo Gone is orange oil. Won't hurt anyone (as long you don't ingest it).

Are you thinking of Goof Off? That stuff is caustic and breaks down ABS plastic. DO NOT use it on your games. EVER.

If you guys want a really gentle, super effective solvent for such things, then check my blog ;) 25+ years of cleaning carts and sticker goo and I haven't ever found a better product.

http://rosecoloredgaming.wordpress....oration-guide-1-removing-stickers-from-carts/[/QUOTE]

The bottle says to use in a well ventilated area, as it contains petroleum distillates and citrus terpenes

It's definitely a pretty strong smell. Probably won't kill you, but I wouldn't want to inhale more of it than I'd have to.

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone! I think I'll go hunt down some of that Bestine, I ruined the insert for one of my games last time I tried taking sticker residue off the spine, really don't want that to happen again.

[quote name='Lemstar']It's definitely a pretty strong smell. Probably won't kill you, but I wouldn't want to inhale more of it than I'd have to.[/QUOTE]

No, it'll give you cancer, and that will kill you

The second half of this month was pretty slow for me.

I feel so out of place barely spending any money this month. :*(

Here's stuff from the second half of the month,

photo2zy.jpg

photohuo.jpg

photooulu.jpg

photo1f.JPG

pspgoa.png

[quote name='Squarehard']The second half of this month was pretty slow for me.

I feel so out of place barely spending any money this month. :*(

Here's stuff from the second half of the month,

photo2zy.jpg

photohuo.jpg

photooulu.jpg

photo1f.JPG

pspgoa.png
[/QUOTE]

square do you buy your anime used or new? I buy all mine new but buy used if its something really out of print.

Bought a ton of crap today:

- Saint Tail x2
- Maze OVA x2
- Wandaba Style thinpak
- Angel Feather
- TMNT Rise of the Turtles (Walmart ver.)
- Ben 10 Alien Swarm (Blu-ray)
- Superman/Captain Marvel (Blu-ray)
- Thundercats (original) Season 1 Volume 1
- Thundercats (reboot) Book 3
- Doctor Who Series 1
- Scott Pilgrim vs. the World Steelbook

The first 4 were from MovieStop's Buy-2-Get-1-Free sale and all added up to $20. Each is going for more or less $15 on eBay.

[quote name='shawnmelo']square do you buy your anime used or new? I buy all mine new but buy used if its something really out of print.[/QUOTE]

Mixture of both. Generally is whatever price entices me to purchase it, so the ratio of used to new is generally 3:1 since new are generally much more expensive for the most part, but I'm generally pretty picky with condition, so if I do buy used I make absolutely sure it's in the best of condition unless it's a price too good to pass up, or as you noted oop type stuff. I generally try to watch everything I buy, so there's not much need to keep them sealed since they'll get watched eventually depending on the backlog status.

[quote name='Squarehard']Mixture of both. Generally is whatever price entices me to purchase it, so the ratio of used to new is generally 3:1 since new are generally much more expensive for the most part, but I'm generally pretty picky with condition, so if I do buy used I make absolutely sure it's in the best of condition unless it's a price too good to pass up, or as you noted oop type stuff.[/QUOTE]

yeah im picky too thats why i do not buy used much for me about 95% of my stuff is new. I get great deals on rightstuf bargain bins or just generally their sales. I also get a few deals on amazon like this month/last months funimation sale.

[quote name='Kovorkian']The bottle says to use in a well ventilated area, as it contains petroleum distillates and citrus terpenes[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Kovorkian']No, it'll give you cancer, and that will kill you[/QUOTE]

Every cleaning product on the planet says that. It's really just a disclaimer for something like Goo-Gone. It's not NEARLY that toxic, at least the fumes. The risk of cancer with a product like Goo-Gone is slim to none.

I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Fate extra from a Gotian's Lowball

Zelda DS Lite was brand new until I opened this baby up :) Thanks GreenRupees

I will play this eventually during my break...

I also picked up Epic Disney Mickey this month and a few other games on the way.

ZisQahY.jpg

Yes that's 5 Xenoblades lol, only expected 1 or 2 to transfer but 5 so far, had to buy all 5 or my gs might get mad I had them transferred but didn't buy them.

Figured I'd go ahead and post some stuff while I've got some free time.
102_0858_zpsc86ddf26.jpg

102_0866_zps53588bba.jpg

Slowly rounding out my PS2 collection. I've been looking for Haunting ground for awhile now and regret passing it up two years ago at a Gamestop. Kuon was only $15 and so was Knights of the Round.

I almost freaked out when I saw the price tag on Phantasy Star Online I and II plus, it came complete in pretty good condition. I picked up the Yugioh thinking my cousin might want it but he passed so I may keep or sell. The week before, I got him a bunch of Yugioh sets for really cheap, Season 2, 3, 4 and the first part of Waking Dragons.
102_0861_zps37951957.jpg

102_0860_zpsbfaa8c97.jpg

Not much to say, Fire Emblem really got me annoyed with Gamestop. I didnt get my game until the Friday after release and if you read the thread about everyones problems you probably read my rant...felt good to get that out then lol.
$1 psp and ps2 games from best buy!

hemi, any possibility you would sell one for cost as i had one on hold that was on trade hold and they transferred it before the trade hold was up.

[quote name='Hemi']
ZisQahY.jpg

Yes that's 5 Xenoblades lol, only expected 1 or 2 to transfer but 5 so far, had to buy all 5 or my gs might get mad I had them transferred but didn't buy them.[/QUOTE]

damn and 2 artbooks! I need to find one of those, i have the game lol

[quote name='stiner'] The week before, I got him a bunch of Yugioh sets for really cheap, Season 2, 3, 4 and the first part of Waking Dragons.[/QUOTE]

Look into selling them. KC Grand Championship usually goes for at least $30 by itself. If you seriously have the Season Sets they go for huge money as well. Has to be the legit FUNimation sets though. If you somehow get Dawn of the Duel, Part 2 routinely goes for $40+ and Part 1 can easily go for $90+.

20130228192957.jpg

Mostly Best Buy, eBay and Amazon Warehouse sprinkled with a couple of MSRP 3DS games. Not entirely sure why I bought a second year of PS+ from gamedealdaily.

eBay definitely stole the show this month, though:
  • All-Stars Battle Royale with unused cross-buy redemption $4
  • Far Cry 3/AC3/Borderlands 2/Hitman $89
  • Year of PS+ $30
  • Never Settle Reloaded Voucher $34
  • Sealed Lords of Shadow Limited Edition $16
  • MGS: HD Collection $7.50

[quote name='nekromantix']
20130228192957.jpg

Mostly Best Buy, eBay and Amazon Warehouse sprinkled with a couple of MSRP 3DS games. Not entirely sure why I bought a second year of PS+ from gamedealdaily.

eBay definitely stole the show this month, though:
  • All-Stars Battle Royale with unused cross-buy redemption $4
  • Far Cry 3/AC3/Borderlands 2/Hitman $89
  • Year of PS+ $30
  • Never Settle Reloaded Voucher $34
  • Sealed Lords of Shadow Limited Edition $16
  • MGS: HD Collection $7.50
[/QUOTE]

Always love seeing anime in these pics, black lagoon is one of my favorite series.

[quote name='DNukem170']Look into selling them. KC Grand Championship usually goes for at least $30 by itself. If you seriously have the Season Sets they go for huge money as well. Has to be the legit FUNimation sets though. If you somehow get Dawn of the Duel, Part 2 routinely goes for $40+ and Part 1 can easily go for $90+.[/QUOTE]

They are legit. Season 2 and 3 were $25 each. And I forgot which part of dawn of the duel he had but both were $8 each. We both knew how much they are worth, well I do now he told me to keep an eye out for DotD for him.

He's going to keep them but if he ever sells I'm going to demand a finders fee lol.

Edit: this was all at the same store I picked up kuonn, phantasy star, and knights of the round from. I've actually gotten great deals there; rule of rose complete for $30, LOZ a link to the past complete in box for $20, digimon world 3 for $10 a few times, Minish cap complete in box for $20, more Pokemon movies recently for $5, persona 4 strategy guide for $4, and digimon world strat guide for $2 just to name a few.

[quote name='dodgeme']Got a few more Genesis games in today.

Galaxy Force II
Burning Force
Granada

ze1V0x7.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Burning force is a really great genesis game that little known as far as I can tell. I like it quite a lot as a space harrier clone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back