The Official CAG February 2013 Pick-Ups Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Decided to continue to bolster my Sega Genesis collection since SNES games have skyrocketed in price annoyingly so I have picked up these in the last week.

YkgbTI5.jpg

The one game without the title is Biohazard Battle for those that don't know their Genesis Games.

This is probably going to be the most boring pickup I've ever shared. This is seriously all I have bought entertainment-wise this month:
201302pickups.jpg

I also bought Crashmo a couple of hours ago, but my 3DS screen wasn't showing up in the picture, so I just left it out.

Sorry for the lameness, but as I've mentioned a few times, we're putting a lot of focus into redecorating our house and adding more storage and whatnot. I ordered a nice big set of bookshelves that I will share once they get here (and I assemble them). I'm probably going to put a lot of my gaming figures and statues on there. In the meantime, here's something for my fellow domesticated CAGs/CAGers (whichever you prefer; I don't judge):
201302pickups2.jpg

201302pickups3.jpg

Dehumidifier (for our unventilated bathroom) on top and air filter underneath (for our insanely dusty living room). Not quite the same as redecoration stuff, but these are part of our goal of trying to lead a happier life in our house. Nevermind the unsightly wall in the top-right corner...that happened when we ripped out our swamp cooler and replaced it with an air conditioner. We're going to repaint it (and possibly trim the wood frame) within the next couple of weeks.

And I guess I might as well share this stuff. Lots of junk food below...
I recently decided to give Reddit a chance on a whim and I saw that people do a periodical snack exchange. Well, I like trying new snacks, so I thought I'd sign up and see how it goes. I still need to add some homemade treats (dinosaur and robot peanut butter cups, cereal candy, and maybe something else) but this is all of the store-bought stuff I'm sending to some random stranger halfway across the country:

WP_000670.jpg

I hope it goes over well!

[quote name='ZombieToast']This is probably going to be the most boring pickup I've ever shared. This is seriously all I have bought entertainment-wise this month:
201302pickups.jpg
-snip-
[/QUOTE]

Solid movie choices, it's always better to grab quality over quantity

[quote name='The Punisher']love that bender. Where did you get it?[/QUOTE]
I won it in a lowball here. I love those things, they're pretty fun to look at. I don't know if you can get specific characters on the kidrobot site anymore though. I think they only do blindboxes now.

Bought a lovely copy of Eternal Sonata :ps3: for $4.99 from Buybacks. :applause: I very nearly bought a copy of Super Mario All-Stars for $18.99 but I figured I could do better. They also had Final Fantasy II and Saturday Night Slammasters which I'm contemplating going back for.

[quote name='dodgeme']Decided to continue to bolster my Sega Genesis collection since SNES games have skyrocketed in price annoyingly so I have picked up these in the last week.
[/QUOTE]

^^^ This. But I don't mind I, Genesis is awesome and extremely cheap to get a great collection. Sadly from my previous post I return Earth Defense, ranger X, and Galaxy Force II since they would not work no matter what I did. In exchange I picked these up.

Light Crusader is complete. Growl is a hilarious beat 'em up. Stop poachers by firing missile launchers at them.

Had great pick-ups for this week alone! I only paid $10.79 for the RE:ORC, Bulletstorm, FIFA 12 & both Prince of Persia. Friend wasn't interested in the sonic encyclopedia and decided to just let me have it!

image_zps9e156806.jpg

[quote name='trollape74']I won it in a lowball here. I love those things, they're pretty fun to look at. I don't know if you can get specific characters on the kidrobot site anymore though. I think they only do blindboxes now.[/QUOTE]

Im digging bender. what u mean by lowball? how do you find items here ?

[quote name='dodgeme']Decided to continue to bolster my Sega Genesis collection since SNES games have skyrocketed in price annoyingly so I have picked up these in the last week.
[/QUOTE]

I also agree with this, to me Genesis collecting is way more appealing because a) I grew up with a Genesis; b) the games are WAY cheaper; and c) they're easier to get complete due to the plastic cases most of them have.

Of course that doesn't stop me from grabbing NES & SNES games whenever I see 'em but I think Genesis is a much better entry point to the collector on a budget.

image_zpsdcd403d0.jpg

image_zpsec7ed90a.jpg

So happy to finally get MS Saga and King's Field. Those two were two big RPG holes in my collection on PS2. Got Harvest Moon 64 on the cheap. Time to put my UGC's to good use now :D
Used the GS Birthday Coupon to get Mario All-Stars (I have the big box and case already(a friend gave them to me when he traded his copy in) so the case in the pic is an extra)

image_zpsf24d8100.jpg

Best Buy was good to me and my buddy yesterday. We each got 1 copy of pretty much every worthwhile guide we wanted. I didn't get Gears 3 hardcover as I didn't want another one.

[quote name='Kovorkian']Solid movie choices, it's always better to grab quality over quantity[/QUOTE]
Thanks, I'm glad you approve of my choices. Fifth Element was actually my wife's pick, but I probably would've picked it up anyway. There were actually a lot of good choices in the Walmart bargain bin, but we managed to narrow the selection from 12 movies down to these 4.

[quote name='The Punisher']Im digging bender. what u mean by lowball? how do you find items here ?[/QUOTE]
Here's what he means by Lowball:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=98

They are CAG-run auctions where you can usually get some pretty good deals from fellow members.

@ZombieToest, how is Dewers Taffy? I've thought about ordering a few times but just haven't pulled the trigger. My friends nephew goes to school their, I might ask him and see if he can pick me up some.

Holy crap, wiggy! Is that grape juice?!

[quote name='skiizim']@ZombieToest, how is Dewers Taffy? I've thought about ordering a few times but just haven't pulled the trigger. My friends nephew goes to school their, I might ask him and see if he can pick me up some.[/QUOTE]
I'm probably not the best person to ask because I don't like taffy and I've only ever tried one flavor (grape). Most people swear by the stuff, though. I mean, this place must be doing something right if they've been open for 100 years, can maintain more than one location, and can get away with charging outrageous prices. I bought 32 pieces (two of each flavor), which cost me just shy of $10. I suppose that's not horrible compared to other specialty candies, but I'm a cheap-ass. Heh.

What I can tell you is that the candy isn't super sweet like stuff you would find in stores. It is also much softer and easier to chew compared to any other taffy I've ever tried. They also have interesting flavors; my sister says the peanut butter ones have actual peanut butter in the center. If you can get some from your buddy's nephew, I say go for it because I have yet to hear/see a negative review for the place. If you want, you can order it online (online orders get a small discount) and then have it picked up in the store. Of course, if you're going to do that, you might as well get some thumbprint cookies from Smith's as well. Freakin' delicious...

On the topic of snacks, some PA snacks are only available in the state, or some areas in and/or around the state. The link below is a place that will send said items to other places in the country.

Middleswarth BBQ chips are my personal favorite

HERE

On topic: Picked up 2 atari 2600 games for $3 a piece and picked up Assassin's Creed II, Brotherhood, and Revelations :)ps3:) for around $9 / $10 each

Edit: @zombietoast, The sequels for the lost boys and Donnie Darko, are something you should never look for, they are terrible.

[quote name='ZombieToast']Holy crap, wiggy! Is that grape juice?!
[/QUOTE]

LOL! No, it's purple dye for this fellow's start and select buttons :)

violet2_zps244c7790.jpg

That thing is damn purty.

[quote name='Kovorkian']Edit: @zombietoast, The sequels for the lost boys and Donnie Darko, are something you should never look for, they are terrible.[/QUOTE]
Ha ha, I actually already have the Lost Boys sequels. I haven't watched The Thirst yet, but I thought The Tribe was okay. Obviously, it is FAR inferior to the original, but it wasn't as bad as I was expecting. As for S Darko...I'm really torn because it sounds horrible and a sequel makes no fucking sense whatsoever, but I have this morbid curiosity even though I know it will just upset me. I may eventually watch it before I die, but not yet...

Thanks! I think the customer is really gonna dig it! It's really my favorite so far :D

Also, these arrived today after 3+ months of SAL shipping.

DSC03521_zps7b3c36f3.jpg

[quote name='ZombieToast']That thing is damn purty.

Ha ha, I actually already have the Lost Boys sequels. I haven't watched The Thirst yet, but I thought The Tribe was okay. Obviously, it is FAR inferior to the original, but it wasn't as bad as I was expecting. As for S Darko...I'm really torn because it sounds horrible and a sequel makes no fucking sense whatsoever, but I have this morbid curiosity even though I know it will just upset me. I may eventually watch it before I die, but not yet...[/QUOTE]

tribe was alright thirst was horrible, it made tribe look like a block buster >.>

[quote name='Animal7390']so i guess i missed the deal on hyrule historia, what was it?[/QUOTE]

Odd thread to ask, It was ANYWHERE you could buy the Hyrule Historia LE = OMFGWTFBBQ.
It's just very high demand and only 4000 printed. So it's just worth showing you got 1 and it's condition (as it's packaging/handling wasn't the best in most places *cough amazon*)

image_zps0e73c9bd.jpg

Guide isn't in the best shape with some loose pages but for $15 it was a good buy I think. I have never played these 2 Zelda games and am very excited to try them finally :D

Final Fantasy IV was a re-pick up and apparently is OOP and going up in price. Got the copy of Revelations: Demon Slayer for $20. There is a little sticker residue and a few dings but a good copy :)

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta'] -snip-
Guide isn't in the best shape with some loose pages but for $15 it was a good buy I think. I have never played these 2 Zelda games and am very excited to try them finally :D

Final Fantasy IV was a re-pick up and apparently is OOP and going up in price. Got the copy of Revelations: Demon Slayer for $20. There is a little sticker residue and a few dings but a good copy :)[/QUOTE]

If you don't enjoy the zelda games, I've been looking for both oracle cartridges, traded mine years ago, and have been looking to reaquire

Flash just came in yesterday. Supes and GL were at the beginning of the month!

jln52pickups.jpg

Four more and I'll have the entire New 52 Justice League :>

[quote name='Kovorkian']If you don't enjoy the zelda games, I've been looking for both oracle cartridges, traded mine years ago, and have been looking to reaquire[/QUOTE]

It's hard to imagine NOT liking those 2 games. Totally solid titles. I only wish that they had made it a trio as originally planned...

[quote name='wiggyx']It's hard to imagine NOT liking those 2 games. Totally solid titles. I only wish that they had made it a trio as originally planned...[/QUOTE]

I know, i traded because I got pissed at season, kept failing the dancing game

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']Final Fantasy IV was a re-pick up and apparently is OOP and going up in price. Got the copy of Revelations: Demon Slayer for $20. There is a little sticker residue and a few dings but a good copy :)[/QUOTE]

I've been noticing that about a lot of DS games, have you seen the prices on Okamiden, they were piratically giving the game away for a while. I guess it doesn't help out that GS throws away the cases, this should be a crime!

[quote name='AugustAPC']Flash just came in yesterday. Supes and GL were at the beginning of the month!

jln52pickups.jpg

Four more and I'll have the entire New 52 Justice League :>[/QUOTE]

Where did you order those from, and how much were they?

Picked up the Heavens Lost Property movie, a big giant box of Hot Fries, and Street Sharks: Complete Series. Cookie Jar spared no expense on this set. It is 4 discs (with 10 episodes on each disc) and they are packaged in sleeves fastened inside a DVD case. Never mind that 4-disc standard cases are incredibly cheap nowadays.

[quote name='shadyfozzie']Where did you order those from, and how much were they?[/QUOTE]

you can try your local comic shop they are DC Comics New 52 artfx statues, think they are 40

[quote name='elessar123']That's a Barnes and Nobles price sticker.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Elessar. Lol I don't think I've ever bought anything from B&N.

[quote name='DCpinoy']Thanks Elessar. Lol I don't think I've ever bought anything from B&N.[/QUOTE]

They had great coupons before, where you could get half off Legos and board games (including stuff like Westeros, Catan, etc).

They were also the first place I've been able to find Unicorno series 2s.

Last time I bought a book there though... hmm. Three or so years ago?

[quote name='elessar123']They had great coupons before, where you could get half off Legos and board games (including stuff like Westeros, Catan, etc).

They were also the first place I've been able to find Unicorno series 2s.

Last time I bought a book there though... hmm. Three or so years ago?[/QUOTE]

Haha damn sounds like I missed out. Most of the B&N closed in the SF Bay area so I'm missing out.

A few recent pickups:

dscn0128o.jpg

I'm so glad I finally have the Devil Summoner games, Got them for $30 each at a local game shop. They were the only two PS2 SMT games that I was missing, the collector's editions of Persona 3 and DS2 notwithstanding.

dscn0130x.jpg

Grabbed Xenoblade at GS for

[quote name='NoRainNoRainbow']Does anyone care to share a good, cheap, way to remove sticker residue on cases?[/QUOTE]

I use olive oil.

If you want to splurge a little bit, Goo-Gone works wonders. Just make sure you're in a well-ventilated area so the fumes don't kill you.

I use 99% alcohol to clean off stickers on my case. Nice to see another cag also picking up Magna Carta 2 this week also. Finally found coppies in my area mine looks brand new I was surprised.

It takes a little more work and there are some it can't get, but I can get most residue off using simple Clorox wipes.

Not exactly video game related (although the graphic is video games) but I'm hoping the purchase helps usher in some warm weather here in Wisconsin so I can actually use this.
xfyslk.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back